PDA

View Full Version : Gov’t to decide whether to open labor market to Croats in late June as country set to join EU

Szegedist
06-12-2013, 09:30 AM
The official government decision about Hungary opening its labour market to workers from Croatia, which is to join the European Union in July, is expected in the second half of this month, the economy ministry said on Tuesday.

Croats currently need a work permit to take up jobs in Hungary and the latest statistics show that 229 such permits were in use in May this year. At the same time, 112 Hungarian workers were registered in Croatia last year, the ministry said. Based on these figures, Hungary is not a potential target country for Croatian workers, it added.

Croatian statistics show that unemployment stood at 21.6 percent in March this year.

Slovenia will apply a 2-year transitory period in reaching a fully open labour market to Croats.

The Slovak government last week approved a proposal to open up fully the country’s labour market to people from Croatia.

Szegedist
06-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Are there any estimates, surveys about how many Croats would leave Croatia for work when you join EU?
Most will probably go to Germany and Austria. I do not think the situation in Croatia is bad enough to make Hungary appealing :laugh: so we should just open the labour market anyway, because it will be a very small number.

Baluarte
06-12-2013, 09:43 AM
You won't really have the choice to begin with. The politburo in Brussels commands uniformization :)

Szegedist
06-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Balurate you are exaggerating, the situation is not so bad, or just yet.

Szegedist
06-13-2013, 03:32 PM
So far, Ireland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia and Lithuania have officially said they will not impose restrictions on Croatian workers.
Restrictions have been announced by Slovenia, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Great Britain.

Insuperable
06-13-2013, 06:16 PM
It would be better if they all put this restrictions. Forever.

Szegedist
06-13-2013, 06:36 PM
How easy is it for Croats from BiH to obtain Croat citizenship?

Sisak
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Hungary is not to much attractive for Croatian workers. Attractive is Germany, Austria and France.

Baluarte
06-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Why would they go to France? x.x Almost 3 years of rising unemployment and record bankruptcy in companies.

Sisak
06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Why would they go to France? x.x Almost 3 years of rising unemployment and record bankruptcy in companies.
I already know a couple who went to France. He has a job there, and she is waiting to get approval to stay.

Baluarte
06-13-2013, 08:42 PM
That's cool, on the meantime 300 000 jobs were destroyed last year

http://www.andlil.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/hausse-chomage-fevrier-consecutive-france.jpg

But yes, focus on France, great future here ;)

Szegedist
06-13-2013, 08:51 PM
That's cool, on the meantime 300 000 jobs were destroyed last year

http://www.andlil.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/hausse-chomage-fevrier-consecutive-france.jpg

But yes, focus on France, great future here ;)

Economically speaking, even "crysis ridden" France is a better alternative.

Unemployment in Croatia is about 20%.

Insuperable
06-14-2013, 08:11 AM
How easy is it for Croats from BiH to obtain Croat citizenship?

I have no idea. I live in Herzegovina, a few kilometer away from the border, but I have Croatian papers and I never had any B&H identifications. Funny, isn't it?