PDA

View Full Version : The Women of Britain Aren't as good-looking as their European sisters

Creeping Death
09-20-2009, 07:01 AM
AA Gill on British beauty (http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/beauty/article6836917.ece)
British Beauty The Women of This Country Aren't As Good-Looking As Their European Sisters, But Their Inner Beauty Can More Than Make Up For It

AA Gill.

I’m writing this from the south of France. Provence is hot. The whited limestone flags are hot. The Roman ruins are hot. The figs and the flaking alleés of plane trees are hot. The black bulls in the field are bloody hot.

And naturellement, the girls are très chaudes. They’re hot, cycling along in little summer dresses. They’re hot, looking sulky and existentialist in town squares. They’re hot in pedal pushers and espadrilles. The waitresses are hot in waistcoats. They’re hot, with black hairy pits.

Hot with ponytails. Hot with gamine bobs, and hot carrying straw baskets of peaches. They’re hot, because everything is hot. French girls look beautiful because we expect them to be beautiful. Because this is the home of beauty and, most important, because they confidently demand that you find them beautiful.

In truth, forensically, if you look with a disinterested eye at French girls, they’re not genetically blessed. If you took a hot French girl and said she was a Belgian, she would become tepid. Belgium is not a nation of beauties; it’s a nation of confectioners and war-grave janitors.

This is the greatest truth, perhaps the only truth, about pulchritude: beauty is not in the eye of the beholder; it is in the eyeliner of the beholden. Beauty is a birthright; it is also a sleight of hand. It is a distraction.

It is the nurture of nature. When I fly back to England, I know that I will notice two things: the old place will look surprisingly and miraculously green, and the girls will look like recycling bin bags full of windfalls, ...
I have found some stunningly beautiful British girls but with one caveat.....summer teeth. You know.....summer here, summer there.;)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/Sharapovas/keeley-hazell-wife-beater.jpg

Ms. Keely of Great Britain, presented here solely for forensic study and evaluation, of course.

Sally
09-20-2009, 07:08 AM
But nothing could be worse than English girls when they make an effort, dressed up for a night out: it’s then that they reach the heights of precipitous frightfulness. The clacking cankles. The tortured hair. The evil clown’s make-up. Predatory breasts, like pink water bombs. Flapping arms and glistening chins, and second-division mouths. The farmyard aggression and the zoo sex. It’s not just a class thing; it’s not only chavvy ladettes in the provinces. Look at the state of the totty tumbling out of Boujis, or waving chipped-nailed fingers at Glastonbury. Go to any £1,000-a-head charity ball and see the English memsahib, 3st above her fighting weight, swagged in a gypsy’s shower curtain, with a barnet that might have been spun in a sugary centrifuge. The granny jewellery and the blue eye shadow, the unhumpable hell of them all.

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a loooong time. ;)

Loki
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
The women of this country aren't as good-looking as their European sisters, but their inner beauty can more than make up for it

That's a load of bollocks. Says who? Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Unless of course they're Danish or Swedish, then beauty is an established fact. ;)

Beorn
09-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Yes, I hear smelling like a whorehouse and not shaving your armpits is all the rage in Europe.

I'd rather have one British Isles girl to any ten continentals. Better looks, better souls and more fight and guts to them.

Psychonaut
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Since I think Keltic Nordid women are the best looking type of women, I have no choice but to love the British. ;)

Amapola
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
I never understood the bad press that British people have concerning looks... Who invented it and when did it start? They are one of my favourite looking people in Europe anyway.

ikki
09-20-2009, 09:08 PM
blue eyeshade :D

mom did that for whole lot of years, until i asked around 14yo why she did that... and why always exactly the same.. must have been doing the very same for 10 years.
That stopped her :D
A few months later i resumed.

But a year later still ended permanently :p

Atlas
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I was probably way too young to be interested in English women more than a decades ago when I was there.

Now the british women I sometimes meet, I find them quite good looking. Bizarre post.

Óttar
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Nonsense. I just love ladies with pasty, ruddy British Isles skin and strawberry blonde hair. :love-smiley-036:

British and Proud
09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
In my experience there isn't a British look. Welsh women tend to be dark (think Catherine Zeta Jones), Scottish women tend to be less attractive, shall we say...

Beorn
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
In my experience there isn't a British look.

<snip>

Scottish women tend to be less attractive, shall we say...

I'd have to disagree. I think the Scottish women are just as beautiful as the Welsh or English women, but as you travel north, the accents become unbearable and detract from the overall beauty of a woman.

The same applies to other European women too. To make the list short and sweet, I'd say the most beautiful women outside of the British Isles (and their accents simply adding towards their beauty) are the Spanish, Italian and French women. All other European women may be beautiful, but as soon as that mouth opens and you hear them talk....:zip-lip:

Treffie
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
In my experience there isn't a British look. Welsh women tend to be dark (think Catherine Zeta Jones), Scottish women tend to be less attractive, shall we say...

Well, that's not exactly true, there are some (South West Wales mainly) but not in huge numbers.;)

Gooding
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Since I think Keltic Nordid women are the best looking type of women, I have no choice but to love the British. ;)

Of course I share your opinion, but my favored phenotype (that of my wife) is more of the Bruenn persuasion. ;)

Absinthe
09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
To make the list short and sweet, I'd say the most beautiful women outside of the British Isles (and their accents simply adding towards their beauty) are the Spanish, Italian and French women.

All other European women may be beautiful, but as soon as that mouth opens and you hear them talk....:zip-lip:

You mean language-wise? Intelligence-wise? Culture-wise? Or..? :confused:

Black Turlogh
09-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Some people just have a taste for exoticism. It's not so much that British women are a particularly ugly bunch, or that French women are exceptionally beautiful. It's rather that a man traveling in a foreign land will be presented with sights and experiences different from what he is accustomed to. A matter of novelty and little more, in my opinion.

Phlegethon
09-22-2009, 07:39 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg93/bubbles-de-vere/bubbles.jpg

Fortis in Arduis
09-22-2009, 08:18 AM
And now for the motion picture:

okNJhbV8h98

:(

Beorn
09-22-2009, 11:08 AM
You mean language-wise? Intelligence-wise? Culture-wise? Or..? :confused:

Language wise. The languages feel sexy and beautiful. They even make me feel like dancing.

:dancing:

lGsCGbRCROo

Whereas compared to German or Danish, etc, the languages are very gruff and masculine. It seems as if there is no joy in talking the language. A monotone accent.

xGgHU-kZm5M

Tony
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Indeed , UK is probably the most diverse nation in Europe as regards to European subraces , you can find there almost any kind of woman , I appreciate in English girls most of all the paleness and freckles , a rarity here.
What put them down is sometimes rudeness and overwight , but overall they ain't so bad.

Language wise. The languages feel sexy and beautiful. They even make me feel like dancing.

[CENTER]:dancing:

lGsCGbRCROo

She has a light Roman accent.

The Lawspeaker
09-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Nah, Wat, that girl just speaks exceptionally ugly German and really rapes the language.
I have heard girls speaking German that sounded very different: educated and even poetic. Probably "class" plays a role as well.

Liffrea
09-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tony
What put them down is sometimes rudeness and overwight , but overall they ain't so bad.

It’s not rudeness; English people in general are one of two things, reserved and cold or forthright and smashing your face through a car windscreen. It usually depends on mood or, in the case of the ladies, the time of the month. The English have a social disease, we suffer the existence of other races, and each other, grudgingly and we have only two ways of dealing with it. I'm only half joking.

As for lasses, what can be more pleasant than an English Rose unless she’s a Scous, Brummie or Geordie? Coy flashes of the eyes one minute, fist in the jaw the next, lovely. I personally have a thing for Irish girls, that dark Atlantic wind swept look moves my…..heart.

Absinthe
09-22-2009, 02:19 PM
xGgHU-kZm5M

:rolleyes: You had to pick the most unimpressive girl with the most irritating high-pitched voice... :p

Compare the above with this actress:

iN-Lef0lwRw

I have no idea what she's talking about but I love to hear her talking. :thumb001: I think her accent is charming. :o

Beorn
09-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Nah, Wat, that girl just speaks exceptionally ugly German and really rapes the language.

I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It all sounds the same to me.

:rolleyes: You had to pick the most unimpressive girl with the most irritating high-pitched voice... :p

It was the first thing I found on Youtube that was speaking German. :D

I think her accent is charming.

Sorry, but it still sounds like she is trying to change gear. The German (and by German I also include the Netherlands, Austria, etc...) accent is not for my taste. It is flat, monotonous and droning.

Absinthe
09-22-2009, 03:25 PM
The German (and by German I also include the Netherlands, Austria, etc...) accent is not for my taste. It is flat, monotonous and droning.

Well one man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure... :p

Puddle of Mudd
09-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry, but it still sounds like she is trying to change gear. The German (and by German I also include the Netherlands, Austria, etc...) accent is not for my taste. It is flat, monotonous and droning.

"It sounds like typewriters eating tinfoil while being kicked down the stairs" - Dylan Moran.

Liffrea
09-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I kind of find the German accent sexy, in a none dressed in SS leathers, peak cap and whip kind of way…..

U R Face
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
The British have a prettier average than most European nations. They don't really have extremes of beauty or of ugliness. I happen, however, to prefer 'prettiness' over 'beauty' (i.e. what most people would call 'pretty' over what most people would call 'beauty'.)

Like someone else said, they're one of my favorite looking European people, but it's all just a matter of taste.

Mesrine
09-23-2009, 04:42 AM
I have no idea what she's talking about but I love to hear her talking. :thumb001: I think her accent is charming. :o

Well, Martina Gedeck is a nice MILF, but I don't like her voice too much.

http://www.dhm.de/ausstellungen/mueller/pics/gedeck.jpg

Treffie
09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I

The German (and by German I also include the Netherlands, Austria, etc...) accent is not for my taste. It is flat, monotonous and droning.

Wat, that's like saying the English accent is flat and droning. Just like England, Germany has many different accents which are quite distinguishable even to a non German speaker.;)

Phlegethon
09-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, Martina Gedeck is a nice MILF

WILF maybe, but she is not a mother and hence no MILF.

Mesrine
09-24-2009, 09:59 PM
WILF maybe, but she is not a mother and hence no MILF.

If she hasn't kids yet, then it's about time to hurry.

Phlegethon
09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
At 48 she should be out of child-bearing age already.

SilverFish
09-25-2009, 07:45 AM
I think Faelid women are the hottest of all subraces and races.

Keltic Nordic women come second.

Bruenn women, when proper, can get hot. I don't want to see the freckles, orange hair and rufuous looking, and paedomorphism.

SilverFish
09-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Uh, wow, I think the woman on the first page is a Bruenn. No wonder I was wondering how similar she looks.

I checked out her last name to be sure and it's fully irish.

I guess she is, like what I said, when mixed right, they can be very hot.

Plus, Irish women can be really curvy as well...:)

Beorn
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I checked out her last name to be sure and it's fully irish.

Are you referring to Keeley Hazell? Ms Great Britain?

This interesting surname has two origins; firstly, it may be of Anglo-Saxon origin, a topographical name for someone who lived near a hazel tree or grove, deriving from the Olde English pre 7th Century "haesel". Secondly, it may be of Old Norse origin, a locational name from places so called, for example "Hessle" in the East and West Riding of Yorkshire, and "Heazille Barton", "Heazle Farm", in Devonshire, deriving from the Old Norse "hesli" meaning hazel grove. The surname dates back to the late 12th Century (see below), and early recordings include Hugh de Hesill (1204), in the Assize Court Rolls of Yorkshire, and William atte Hasele (1275), in the Subsidy Rolls of Worcestershire. Variations in the spelling of the surname include: Hazel, Hazael, Hasel, Hasell, Haisell, Heazel, Heazell, and Hessel. London Church Records list the marriage of John Hasell to Margaret Rownde on December 2nd 1553 at St. Margaret's, Westminster, and the christening of William, son of Thomas Hazell, on April 18th 1593 at St. Botolph's, Bishopsgate. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Alured del Hesel, which was dated circa 1182, in the "Studies on Middle English Surnames", Worcestershire, during the reign of King Henry 11, known as "The Builder of Churches", 1154 - 1189. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.

She's most definitely an English Rose.

http://www.vivagoal.com/images/wallpapers/Keeley-Hazell-2.JPG
http://justlivingthedream.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/keeley-hazell.jpg
http://cakeparty.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/keeley-hazell1.jpg

She even has all the...eh?..."attributes" of an Englishwoman.

Skandi
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
The last photo just looks odd, her shoulders are twice as wide as the hips. I think that it has been "enhanced" some

Paleo
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
i dont know, in Scotland i think the ugly girls and hot girls at even odds.

Lars
09-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Well, I heard the English eat the most fast food and watch the most television on the whole of Europe, and if health equals beauty that does not bode well for English then.

Beorn
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Well, I heard the English eat the most fast food and watch the most television on the whole of Europe

It's not the English but the British that eat the most fast food. Within the British State it is the Scottish which have the worse dietary health.
Scotland has the highest rates of heart disease, cancer, and strokes in the developed world and one of the lowest life expectancies too. No surprise when you learn that in Scotland, 62% of men and 54% of women are clinically obese or overweight.
Scotland's National Health Service even released figures suggesting that over 20% of 13 - 15 year olds are overweight. Double the amount of England and Wales.

The number of obese children in Scotland is running at double the UK average, according to NHS statistics.

More than a third of 12-year-olds were overweight in the 2004/05 school year, while 19.4% were obese and 11.2% were classed as severely obese.
Some 20% of those aged three-and-a-half were overweight, 8.6% were obese and 4% were severely obese.
The Information Statistics Division of NHS Scotland said many of the figures were double the expected UK average.

Read more here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4520618.stm)

The Lawspeaker
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
It's not the English but the British that eat the most fast food. Within the British State it is the Scottish which have the worse dietary health.
Scotland has the highest rates of heart disease, cancer, and strokes in the developed world and one of the lowest life expectancies too. No surprise when you learn that in Scotland, 62% of men and 54% of women are clinically obese or overweight.
Scotland's National Health Service even released figures suggesting that over 20% of 13 - 15 year olds are overweight. Double the amount of England Wales.
Which makes me wonder whether this is fairly recent (due to the Industrial Revolution) or whether the Scottish diet has always been so unhealthy ?

Beorn
09-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Which makes me wonder whether this is fairly recent (due to the Industrial Revolution) or whether the Scottish diet has always been so unhealthy ?

As with England's diet, the Scottish diet pre-Industrial was very healthy. Fish, oats, root vegetables, venison, etc...
It was only through the gradual decline of the traditional family model and the capitalist speed by which the lower classes to lower middle class have to work to keep heads above the debt line, and, the over reliance upon the benefit system compounded by fecklessness and declining education which brought this all about.

Nowadays the likes of deep-fried ice-cream, pizza, pineapple rings, pickled eggs, Snicker bars, and bananas are common food which mothers muckout to their young.

The Lawspeaker
09-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Something tells me that educated Scots and Englishmen should make an attempt to reintroduce original Scottish and English cuisine.
People really should be educated about nutrition and also the meaning of sticking to a traditional diet.
But how..

Beorn
09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
The first thing to reclaiming the health of our nation is to burn and demolish every fast food outlet like McDonald's, Burger King, etc...and teach the mothers of this world how to cook a decent square meal.

The Lawspeaker
09-27-2009, 04:05 PM
The first thing to reclaiming the health of our nation is to burn and demolish every fast food outlet like McDonald's, Burger King, etc...and teach the mothers of this world how to cook a decent square meal.
That would indeed be a good first step. The problem is that one cannot do the second part without doing the first part. There has to be no alternative for the mothers but to cook a decent, square meal.

Graham
09-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Had a big lump ae deep fried black pudding wae chipps a couple ae weeks back, ( black pudding supper) was fucking brilliant! . heart attack yeehaa . Salad's a swear word to some people here :P .

We do have a fair few monsters here like.

Fortis in Arduis
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Had a big lump ae deep fried black pudding wae chipps a couple ae weeks back, ( black pudding supper) was fucking brilliant! . heart attack yeehaa . Salad's a swear word to some people here :P .

We do have a fair few monsters here like.

TmnEWNzngCI

kGFk_yYIbww

Skandi
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
As with England's diet, the Scottish diet pre-Industrial was very healthy. Fish, oats, root vegetables, venison, etc...

Actually pre industrialised Scottish food was also very unhealthy. venison was mainly limited to the rich, and fish only to those who lived by the sea (since the late 1700 ish The rivers have been managed for Salmon and poaching highly discouraged.. Most of this fish was heavily salted and smoked to last the winter. the diet was most unhealthy in it's lack of variety, due to the bad weather and poverty for much of the year (winter) the population had to survive on dried/preserved foods. Which do not provide nearly enough vitamins to live on. Barley and Oats were staples, as were kale and turnips.

It was not much lower in fat either, just that the type of dietary fat has changed.

Oh and as a little aside, even if you WANT to eat healthily in Scotland it is very difficult, as there are few places to buy good food. This is getting better but not nearly fast enough.

Phlegethon
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Just throw what you have in a frier and serve it with a Snickers bar.

Treffie
09-28-2009, 02:51 PM

Coagulated blood and chips? Mmmm, sounds hearty! :)

Beorn
09-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Actually pre industrialised Scottish food was also very unhealthy. .

Note that I was making a comparison of our society's diet in comparison to the pre-Industrial. Of course there were sections of the pre-Industrial society living on a bare minimum, but that is always a constant in this world. The major difference being of course is the prevalence of phenomenally increased fat intake in modern populations.

Skandi
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
The major difference being of course is the prevalence of phenomenally increased fat intake in modern populations.

Actually it isn't Fat intake has increased yes, but recently (last 10 years) this has gone down not up
What continues to rise is the amount of food as a whole that is ingested. The rise is led by grains, but even the amount of fruit and veg has gone up as well.

Germanicus
10-31-2009, 09:35 PM
That's a load of bollocks. Says who? Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. Unless of course they're Danish or Swedish, then beauty is an established fact. ;)

That's BS Loki, get yourself down to Cheltenham spa, the ladies there are....top drawer material.

Angantyr
10-31-2009, 10:27 PM
I'd have to disagree. I think the Scottish women are just as beautiful as the Welsh or English women, but as you travel north, the accents become unbearable and detract from the overall beauty of a woman.

The same applies to other European women too. To make the list short and sweet, I'd say the most beautiful women outside of the British Isles (and their accents simply adding towards their beauty) are the Spanish, Italian and French women. All other European women may be beautiful, but as soon as that mouth opens and you hear them talk....:zip-lip:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...but apparently also in the ears of the hearer. I find the Italian accent simply horrifying. Whereas a Danish accent is very sweet as is the totally dissimilar Finnish one.

But, a redhead with a Russian accent will always steal my heart.

Trog
10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
I think in Britain you get either really ugly female or very beautiful females. They seem to go between two extremes. However, continental women have a certain something that British women lack. I don't know what it is, but women from Sweden, Denmark, Italy, Spain, France, Poland, Czech Republic etc, all have something very special that is exclusive only to them. It's like an aura, a presence, an attitude. Think Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren, Britt Ekland, Ursula Andress, Monica Bellucci. Brits? Katie Price aka Jordan? Lucy Pinder? Even Keeley Hazell is a bargain basement "beauty". It's difficult to find a British woman who has the same allure as continentals.

The only one who might come close is Kelly Brooke.

http://www.freshnews.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/kelly-brook.jpg

Phlegethon
11-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...but apparently also in the ears of the hearer. I find the Italian accent simply horrifying. Whereas a Danish accent is very sweet as is the totally dissimilar Finnish one.

But, a redhead with a Russian accent will always steal my heart.

Russian and Polish accents are atrocious. I react allergic to both. And Danish is a very shrewd language. Nothing sexy about it. Italian always sounds like song, even if it's just swearing.