PDA

View Full Version : e-cigs

Paleo
09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm thing of buying a electronic cigarette, so i can smoke inside my home for once.

Looks good to me, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoZVnHceK_k&feature=related

http://www.miragecigarettes.co.uk/index.php?p=home

Grumpy Cat
09-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Those things were banned in Canada.

Paleo
09-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Those things were banned in Canada.

why is that?:icon_ask:

lei.talk
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
On March 27, 2009, Health Canada issued an advisory against electronic cigarettes. The advisory stated "Although these electronic smoking products may be marketed as a safer alternative to conventional tobacco products and, in some cases, as an aid to quitting smoking, electronic smoking products may pose risks such as nicotine poisoning and addiction."

In Canada, compliance of electronic cigarette use with public smoking bans is currently under review. In March 2009, Health Canada called for the immediate cessation of imports, sales, and advertising of electronic smoking products containing nicotine, and advised Canadians not to purchase or use any electronic smoking products. Under the Food and Drugs Act, electronic smoking products containing nicotine require market authorization before they can be imported, marketed, or sold. No market authorization has been granted for any electronic smoking product.

- source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette)

Paleo
09-21-2009, 03:55 PM
glad I'm not in Canada.

ikki
09-21-2009, 04:01 PM
why is that?:icon_ask:

so as to not confuse a population being told smoking is something that needs to be eradicated in every form...
Very same reason why snus is forbidden aswell.

Only those forms that are obnoxious to others are allowed

Veneno
11-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Have you tried em?

I just got mine, and i feel glad im smoking but im not inhaling 40 substances that can cause cancer

Jake Featherston
11-08-2011, 02:49 AM
I'd quit altogether before I went the "e-cigarette" route. Too dehumanizing for my tastes.

Veneno
11-08-2011, 02:52 AM
I'd quit altogether before I went the "e-cigarette" route. Too dehumanizing for my tastes.

LOL

SwordoftheVistula
11-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Those are gay.

Pipes with real tobacco are much better.

Veneno
11-08-2011, 02:54 AM
how did u deal with anxiety and other mental disorders that appear when you quit? just curious

Raskolnikov
11-08-2011, 02:59 AM
I bought it once, and it was decent, but it never occurred to me to get again.

And health-wise they're only somewhat preferable as blood-vessel damage is done by nicotine in whatever form. I could imagine a lot of people oversmoke hooka tobacco.

Veneno
11-08-2011, 03:02 AM
I bought it once, and it was decent, but it never occurred to me to get again.

And health-wise they're only somewhat preferable as blood-vessel damage is done by nicotine in whatever form. I could imagine a lot of people oversmoke hooka tobacco.

Nicotine is not that bad at all, just a rusher that controls your depresion mood lol, however im glad im not smoking rat poison and other chemicals

I thought it was a scam, but im happy with this tech smoke:D

Raskolnikov
11-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Nicotine is not that bad at all, just a rusher that controls your depresion mood lol, however im glad im not smoking rat poison and other chemicals Right, and I don't either, since what got me interested in smoking were natural tobaccos, but like I said, nicotine itself affects immediate and longterm cardiovascular health, which is probably more important, depending on the person, than a shorter lifespan due to lung cancer . . . so don't oversmoke these e-cigarettes. That's all I'm saying. You can actually absorb far more nicotine since there is no smoke involved (like people often do smoking hookas everyday).

Come to think of it, though, I also remember the e-cigarettes making my throat hurt.

Veneno
11-08-2011, 04:05 AM
Right, and I don't either, since what got me interested in smoking were natural tobaccos, but like I said, nicotine itself affects immediate and longterm cardiovascular health, which is probably more important, depending on the person, than a shorter lifespan due to lung cancer . . . so don't oversmoke these e-cigarettes. That's all I'm saying. You can actually absorb far more nicotine since there is no smoke involved (like people often do smoking hookas everyday).

Come to think of it, though, I also remember the e-cigarettes making my throat hurt.

Thats right.

I cant handle high levels of pure nicotine, im currently smoking 2 mg of e liquid.

hope i can drop it soon.

thanks for the advice

Absinthe
11-08-2011, 07:37 AM
how did u deal with anxiety and other mental disorders that appear when you quit? just curious
In 2005 and after 14 years of smoking (since middle school) I quit cold turkey and maintained it that way until 2010.

Then I relapsed but now I am much more of an occasional/social smoker than the regular smoker that I used to be. In fact, I haven't smoked since last week and I'm feeling fine now, I smoke mostly in the presence of others who also do so.

I can tell you, the best way to quit is cold turkey. There is significantly less anxiety and withdrawal than if you try the slow, in-between options.

If you smoke e-cigs, you still preoccupy yourself with smoking. If you switch to a lighter tobacco or try to reduce the amount of cigarettes/day you are still a smoker. The only way to stop being a smoker and think about smoking is to quit smoking.

My advice: quit cold turkey, and start some kind of physical activity. It will help you cope and you will be feeling better altogether. :)

Electronic God-Man
11-08-2011, 07:44 AM
I agree with Absinthe. Quit cold turkey. That's how I did it back in the day.

I still smoke when I drink though. Anyway, I bought an e-Cig for a girlfriend. She really wanted it. She smoked it about twice and then I never saw it again...waste of a hundred bucks. I smoked it several times. Just feels unsatisfying. Not the real deal. Her and I both were left saying "OK, now let's smoke a REAL cigarette."

d3cimat3d
11-08-2011, 07:47 AM
If I was you I would just start taking up Snus. Right now I have one of these behind my upper lip:

http://i40.tinypic.com/jf9114.jpg

With 22mg of nicotine per portion, it gives a strong nicotine buzz, the kind I need to make it through a crazy 12 hour shift - and it's pure tobacco, no arsenic, rat poison, or other additives.

Electronic God-Man
11-08-2011, 08:05 AM
^ Grandfather died from mouth cancer because of it. Never met him. It's certainly not safer.

Boudica
11-08-2011, 08:05 AM
THEY FUCKING SUCK, all they do is make you want a REAL cigarette even more.. I don't know if you're trying to quit or not, I've never tried to quit.. I tried an E-cig last winter because it was so cold outside, and we don't smoke inside, I thought that the E-cig would make amends for this.. All the damn thing made me want to do was go outside in the freezing cold more to smoke a REAL cigarette. Sorry dude, but they suck. Until they advance a bit more technologically in making these things i'm not wasting money.

Han Cholo
11-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Smoke Marijuana instead. You'll get so high you won't want to smoke again in 5 hours. Significantly better than smoking tobacco every 20 minutes.

d3cimat3d
11-08-2011, 08:18 AM
^ Grandfather died from mouth cancer because of it. Never met him. It's certainly not safer.

Was your grandfather from Scandinavia? Because Snus has only been made available outside of Scandinavia in the last 20 years. I think you're thinking of chew/spit tobacco. They are not the same at all.

The Swedish government has studied this stuff to death, and to date, there is no compelling evidence that it has any adverse health consequences. ... Whatever they eventually find out, it is dramatically less dangerous than smoking.

-Kenneth Warner, director of the University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus#Debate_among_public_health_researchers

Lahtari
11-08-2011, 08:34 AM

Was your grandfather from Scandinavia? Because Snus has only been made available outside of Scandinavia in the last 20 years. I think you're thinking of chew/spit tobacco. They are not the same at all.

That's right. One of my friends who is in the medical field confirmed this: The only thing snus gives you is temporary mouth irritation or something like that, certainly not mouth cancer. The tobacco industry seems to be just too big to tolerate any kind of competition, be it traditional snus, electrical cigarettes or whatever smaller industries try to pull up.

Electronic God-Man
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snus#Debate_among_public_health_researchers

No, you're right. I was thinking of chewing tobacco. haha He was from Pennsylvania.

Boudica
11-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Smoke Marijuana instead. You'll get so high you won't want to smoke again in 5 hours. Significantly better than smoking tobacco every 20 minutes.

Lol if he is worried about inhaling cigarette smoke I surely wouldn't recommend him inhaling something that is much worse. In terms of lung cancer smoking one marijuana joint is equal to smoking 20 cigarettes. Marijuana smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream than tobacco smokers.. Marijuana smoke contains twice the level of carcinogens as cigarette smoke as well..

Since marijuana usage is illegal in most countries studies pertaining to the harmful effects of marijuana smoking have been limited, while unlimited studies have been done regarding the effects of cigarettes. However the studies which have been done regarding Marijuana usage have shown (as I said above) that Marijuana is much worse then cigarettes. Contrary to popular belief (mainly amongst pot heads) smoking pot is not harmless, it is in fact much more harmful then cigarettes.

Han Cholo
11-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Lol if he is worried about inhaling cigarette smoke I surely wouldn't recommend him inhaling something that is much worse. In terms of lung cancer smoking one marijuana joint is equal to smoking 20 cigarettes. Marijuana smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream than tobacco smokers.. Marijuana smoke contains twice the level of carcinogens as cigarette smoke as well..

You only need 1 or 2 good puffs to get high. No need to smoke the whole joint. You can smoke the 20 cigars and still not feel high at all whereas you can inhale 2 pot puffs and you'll feel high in a short period of time.

Since marijuana usage is illegal in most countries studies pertaining to the harmful effects of marijuana smoking have been limited, while unlimited studies have been done regarding the effects of cigarettes. However the studies which have been done regarding Marijuana usage have shown (as I said above) that Marijuana is much worse then cigarettes. Contrary to popular belief (mainly amongst pot heads) smoking pot is not harmless, it is in fact much more harmful then cigarettes.

Harmless things don't exist. Besides, on what kind of Marijuana are they doing that studies? On medicinal Marijuana?

Boudica
11-08-2011, 09:26 AM
You only need 1 or 2 good puffs to get high. No need to smoke the whole joint. You can smoke the 20 cigars and still not feel high at all whereas you can inhale 2 pot puffs and you'll feel high in a short period of time.

Harmless things don't exist. Besides, on what kind of Marijuana are they doing that studies? On medicinal Marijuana?

How don't harmless things exist? Lol.. When it comes to drugs, and illegal substances, yeah.. you're right.. I don't care about how many puffs are needed, nor did I mention that. I was stating a fact. What type of marijuana they are doing studies on is irrelevant, however if it were medicinal marijuana, made and controlled by the government then it would actually be 'healthier' then one which is made and handled by an uneducated drug dealer.

Han Cholo
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
How don't harmless things exist? Lol.. When it comes to drugs, and illegal substances, yeah.. you're right.. I don't care about how many puffs are needed, nor did I mention that. I was stating a fact.

So did I. The actual "dose" of Marijuana is less than a joint (meaning most potheads don't smoke the whole joint at a single time). And as I said, most things are harmful with abuse, even legal medications.

What type of marijuana they are doing studies on is irrelevant, however if it were medicinal marijuana, made and controlled by the government then it would actually be 'healthier' then one which is made and handled by an uneducated drug dealer.

It is relevant because of the illegal nature of the substance making adecuate sampling harder. Drug dealers often add additional chemicals on street marijuana to make smuggling easier. If the Marijuana tested comes from the streets then it's likely a few additional toxins not pertaining to Cannabis might have also appeared.

Lahtari
11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
In terms of lung cancer smoking one marijuana joint is equal to smoking 20 cigarettes. Marijuana smokers end up with five times more carbon monoxide in their bloodstream than tobacco smokers.. Marijuana smoke contains twice the level of carcinogens as cigarette smoke as well..

That's BS but I believe you
http://188.138.95.82/screen/09/55/0955519a09ceaa0c/0/689625.jpg
- Uncle Dolan

Boudica
11-08-2011, 11:28 AM
That's BS but I believe you
http://188.138.95.82/screen/09/55/0955519a09ceaa0c/0/689625.jpg
- Uncle Dolan

I am a female, but I have no boobs

Panopticon
11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
May 23, 2006 -- People who smoke marijuana do not appear to be at increased risk for developing lung cancer, new research suggests.
http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer

Lahtari
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I am a female, but I have no boobs

Oh dear. But that's not something a qualified plasic surgeon couldn't fix, is it? :)

Tabiti
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I haven't. Actually here EC are a more expensive alterntive for weak will smokers and they usually return to the good old nicotine at the end;)

Veneno
11-08-2011, 04:47 PM
This stuff is getting banned in places like Canada, and LatinAmerica. Since the irs is interested that you smoke regular smokes, so you can pay the 300% of taxes for each pack.

Lahtari
11-08-2011, 06:31 PM
This stuff is getting banned in places like Canada, and LatinAmerica. Since the irs is interested that you smoke regular smokes, so you can pay the 300% of taxes for each pack.

True. This kind of inventions are good at pinpointing the leverage and the real motives and priorities of the institutions associated.

Veneno
11-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Lol when i read they had 1 cancer agent, and that was the reason they were banning it, i lmao, since regular smokes have like 2000 cancer agents.

fight the power.

Bobby Six Killer
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Numero 1

http://www.thevaporcigarette.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/v2-cigs-Standard-Kit.jpg

rhiannon
02-02-2012, 12:09 AM
How the hell does an electronic cigarette work, anyway???

Vasconcelos
02-02-2012, 12:11 AM
How the hell does an electronic cigarette work, anyway???

You insert a capsule inside the machine, then suck it like a regular cig...except no smoke comes out, and no cancer comes in (I think).
I tried it twice, the lack of smoke was disturbing, but other than that, it was okay.

Bobby Six Killer
02-02-2012, 12:28 AM
You insert a capsule inside the machine, then suck it like a regular cig...except no smoke comes out, and no cancer comes in (I think).
I tried it twice, the lack of smoke was disturbing, but other than that, it was okay.

Lack of Smoke=Lack of quality in battery.

Ego
and
v2 cigs

are the bomb

RQlmFJFZtzQ

Aces High
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
E-cigs....alcohol free beer.....diet coke.........lol.

Absinthe
02-02-2012, 12:17 PM
E-cigs....alcohol free beer.....diet coke.........lol.
I think cyber sex should be on that list as well :D

Raskolnikov
02-03-2012, 03:16 AM
It's the Incan crime cartel run by Judeo-Bolshevist Evola Morales.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg408/scaled.php?server=408&filename=saustriabolivialarge.jpg&res=medium

Loki
02-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I bought a disposable electronic cigarette today for £4.99. Easy to use, just use it! Contains around 500 puffs.

I can feel the nicotine much more clearly, and it doesn't contain the 400+ other harmful chemicals of regular cigarettes!