PDA

View Full Version : UN bans criticism of Islam

Thorum
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Refreshing to know that the enlightened world has decided to limit free speech and protect Islam. Dhimmitude at its finest!!! (http://europeanalliance.blogspot.com/2008/12/un-passes-islamic-defamation-measure.html)
:shakefist

Vulpix
12-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Have you got a link? :)

Thorum
12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Have you got a link? :)

Oops, thanks!! I forgot.............I am glad it is Friday!! Long week!!
:wink

Aemma
12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Good and interesting article. Thanks for posting it Thorum. I'm glad to hear that this wasn't as positive of a vote as it had been in previous years. Despite my overall respect of other peoples' *spiritual* persuasions, my back gets up when I start perceiving the non-existence of a separation of 'church' and state in religious ideology. Islam is one of those religions of course which easily lends itself to theocratic ideology as we all know. Surely not all Muslim countries are theocracies, but it seems that those countries which are, are the most vocal of course and carry the most clout.

This kind of law preventing 'defamation' of Islam can only lead us down a slippery slope in the end where those countries (I have mine in mind here) who have not accepted Sharia Law to be practised eventually might not be able to object to such. It's disheartening to think about the possible ramifications of such narrow-mindedness on the part of the UN. I truly wonder sometimes how much of this PCism is based on placating the big oil-rich Muslim countries in the end.

The UN's lack of foresight in all of this is truly disconcerting.

Cheers!...Aemma

SwordoftheVistula
12-19-2008, 11:28 PM
This is why we can never let the UN have any actual power.