PDA

View Full Version : Women’s Morality Divides Kosovo Muslims

Baluarte
06-17-2013, 05:04 AM
CAIRO – A call by a Kosovar imam for Muslim men to abandon women who had engaged in pre-marriage relationships is sparking a heated controversy in the Muslim-majority province.

"In Islam, if someone regrets wrongdoings, even God forgives it,” Merita Borovci, an activist and student in the Faculty of Islamic Studies at the University of Pristina, told SETimes newspaper.

“But if it continues without regret, I am in favor of having a different approach toward it, not in a way that imam said, but such a woman should not have the same privileges as moral women.”

A controversy has engulfed Kosovo this week after an imam described women who had been in a relationship before marriage as “whores”.

The imam, Irfan Salihu, said that these women should be abandoned by Muslim men.

But the speech invited the fury of women groups, who described the remarks as contradicting with Islamic teachings.

"It's a call for violence inside families, and it is absolutely unacceptable," said Teuta Sahatqija, chairwoman of the Women's Caucus.

She insisted that women should not be expelled from their families even if they deviated from the right path.

Adile Zeqiri, who lives in Gjilan, said that the imam’s speech amounted to accusing women of immorality.

"It's such an outrageous claim," Zeqiri told SETimes.

Author Agim Gjakova described the speech as an attack on Kosovar society.

"This approach is not just a kind of extremism, it is like being commissioned by the biggest enemy of the Albanian people to speak in that way.”

Muslim Albanians make up more than 95 percent of Kosovo's two million population.

The province, which was run by the UN since a 1999 NATO campaign ended ethnic cleansing by Serbian troops, declared independence in 2008.

Emotional

Downplaying the impact of the speech, Muslim leaders criticized the imam for delivering the message in a way not allowed by Islamic teachings.

"We do not think that women's morality in Kosovo is at a level that requires such negative comments,” Ahmet Sadriu, a spokesman of the Muslim community, told SETimes.

“But of course we are concerned with the presence of some new negative phenomena in society, such as drugs and prostitution, which undoubtedly are a fact that made Imam Salihu use inappropriate comments.”

The Islamic community said it is reviewing the imam’s speech and will respond in accordance with internal procedures and regulations.

"Imam Salihu has apologized to those who might have been offended by his comments,” Sadriu said.

“But his intention was not to hurt anyone, rather it was a manifestation of his concern with the rapid expansion of some negative phenomena in Kosovo society.”

Xhabir Hamiti, a professor in the Faculty of Islamic Studies at Pristina University, opines that the imam’s speech was “emotional” rather than an attack on women.

"Irfan, but also other religious leaders of all communities without exception, must be aware that [public statements], sometimes even spoken right but not well elaborated, can have negative connotations.”

alfieb
06-17-2013, 05:07 AM
Disgusting.

Siberyak
06-17-2013, 05:19 AM
CAIRO – A call by a Kosovar imam for Muslim men to abandon women who had engaged in pre-marriage relationships is sparking a heated controversy in the Muslim-majority province.

"In Islam, if someone regrets wrongdoings, even God forgives it,” Merita Borovci, an activist and student in the Faculty of Islamic Studies at the University of Pristina, told SETimes newspaper.

“But if it continues without regret, I am in favor of having a different approach toward it, not in a way that imam said, but such a woman should not have the same privileges as moral women.”

A controversy has engulfed Kosovo this week after an imam described women who had been in a relationship before marriage as “whores”.

The imam, Irfan Salihu, said that these women should be abandoned by Muslim men.

But the speech invited the fury of women groups, who described the remarks as contradicting with Islamic teachings.

"It's a call for violence inside families, and it is absolutely unacceptable," said Teuta Sahatqija, chairwoman of the Women's Caucus.

She insisted that women should not be expelled from their families even if they deviated from the right path.

Adile Zeqiri, who lives in Gjilan, said that the imam’s speech amounted to accusing women of immorality.

"It's such an outrageous claim," Zeqiri told SETimes.

Author Agim Gjakova described the speech as an attack on Kosovar society.

"This approach is not just a kind of extremism, it is like being commissioned by the biggest enemy of the Albanian people to speak in that way.”

Muslim Albanians make up more than 95 percent of Kosovo's two million population.

The province, which was run by the UN since a 1999 NATO campaign ended ethnic cleansing by Serbian troops, declared independence in 2008.

Emotional

Downplaying the impact of the speech, Muslim leaders criticized the imam for delivering the message in a way not allowed by Islamic teachings.

"We do not think that women's morality in Kosovo is at a level that requires such negative comments,” Ahmet Sadriu, a spokesman of the Muslim community, told SETimes.

“But of course we are concerned with the presence of some new negative phenomena in society, such as drugs and prostitution, which undoubtedly are a fact that made Imam Salihu use inappropriate comments.”

The Islamic community said it is reviewing the imam’s speech and will respond in accordance with internal procedures and regulations.

"Imam Salihu has apologized to those who might have been offended by his comments,” Sadriu said.

“But his intention was not to hurt anyone, rather it was a manifestation of his concern with the rapid expansion of some negative phenomena in Kosovo society.”

Xhabir Hamiti, a professor in the Faculty of Islamic Studies at Pristina University, opines that the imam’s speech was “emotional” rather than an attack on women.

"Irfan, but also other religious leaders of all communities without exception, must be aware that [public statements], sometimes even spoken right but not well elaborated, can have negative connotations.”

I wonder why Albanians in Kosovo are much more attached to Islam than Albanians in Albania.

Lemon Kush
06-17-2013, 05:23 AM
косово не силиата на правото, а правото на силиата!

alfieb
06-17-2013, 05:24 AM
I wonder why Albanians in Kosovo are much more attached to Islam than Albanians in Albania.
Albanians in Albania weren't an oppressed minority, while Albanians in Kosovo resisted Slavic Christian domination, which made them more fervent with their association with Islam. I'd imagine that's also why the Albanians are very religious in FYROM. It's Yugoslavia's fault.

Incal
06-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Feels weird that in a so called european country and in the middle of the 21 century, this kind of matters are still being discussed.

Baluarte
06-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Kosovo is a very particular case ;)

ChocolateFace
06-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Good for the Imam

ChocolateFace
06-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Feels weird that in a so called european country and in the middle of the 21 century, this kind of matters are still being discussed.

Mind your fucking business dipshit.

Mary
06-17-2013, 06:14 AM
I don't think that they should be abandoned once they are married but they should get a lower bride price. A virgin is worth more than a non-virgin if all things are equal.

ChocolateFace
06-17-2013, 06:16 AM
I don't think that they should be abandoned once they are married but they should get a lower bride price. A virgin is worth more than a non-virgin if all things are equal.

A+ post. I think that's the message he is trying to portray.

Incal
06-17-2013, 06:19 AM
Mind your fucking business dipshit.

Hey man, I'm not that Imam.

ChocolateFace
06-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Hey man, I'm not that Imam.

Good one. But at least his intentions are good unlike yours. You constantly trash Albanians whenever you could even though Albanians have nothing to do with Peru.

sido
06-17-2013, 06:31 AM
The imam said a smart thing but probably did not know how to put it in right words,islam is against sex before marriage and its just a fact,accept it or leave it

you cant be mad if a muslims says what his religion tells him to say

ps:christians have the same rules,but just as everything else,they abandoned that rule too,so now they think its "wow" and "disgusting" the imam said it.we dont want to be like you,deal with it!

alfieb
06-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Christianity is against sex before marriage, too... but any Priest who said that women who engage in it are whores and should be abandoned would be shunned by society.

Gotta love the double-standard. In the Bible, it doesn't say that a woman who is an adulterer is bad and a man who is an adulterer is okay. They're both wrong... but this Imam says nothing about men having sex with women he isn't married to. Probably because he's done it himself.

Incal
06-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Good one. But at least his intentions are good unlike yours. You constantly trash Albanians whenever you could even though Albanians have nothing to do with Peru.

I don't really see how good can be to mess into other people's life and promote hate.

ChocolateFace
06-17-2013, 06:39 AM
I don't really see how good can be to mess into other people's life and promote hate.

He is laying down the fundamentals of religion and religion is good for people.

sido
06-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Christianity is against sex before marriage, too... but any Priest who said that women who engage in it are whores and should be abandoned would be shunned by society.

Gotta love the double-standard. In the Bible, it doesn't say that a woman who is an adulterer is bad and a man who is an adulterer is okay. They're both wrong... but this Imam says nothing about men having sex with women he isn't married to. Probably because he's done it himself.

Excuse me,here priests have sex before marriage all the time,its not even secret,they live with their girlfriends and what not

Anyway,islam judges both men and women same

ps:the main reason why a priest would never say this is because they have lost all influence,they have no that luxury to say such stuff

alfieb
06-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Excuse me,here priests have sex before marriage all the time,its not even secret,they live with their girlfriends and what not
It's called "living in sin" for a reason. Religious people who do it are hypocrites.

Anyway,islam judges both men and women same
Right. Head covering, four wives, etc.

ps:the main reason why a priest would never say this is because they have lost all influence,they have no that luxury to say such stuff
Or because our religion doesn't teach that, while yours does.

Gospodine
06-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Albanians in Albania weren't an oppressed minority,

Do you fucking know anything?

Enver Hoxha ran the most brutal Communist state second to Stalinist Russia in Europe. Albanians got imprisoned and harassed by the state for the most arbitrary of reasons. The Kosovars were infinitely better off under Yugoslavia; until things started to unravel in the late 80's.

while Albanians in Kosovo resisted Slavic Christian domination

What "Christian" domination? They have their culture perfectly intact today unlike the Serbs in Albania who were forced to change their last names and give up their language.

It's called "living in sin" for a reason. Religious people who do it are hypocrites.

Orthodox priests are not required to live in celibacy and the majority are married.

Look how well that's worked out for your beloved Cathophile Church.

It's Yugoslavia's fault.

No it's actually Sicily's. You guys let the Moors into Europe first; the Ottomans just followed their lead.

Or because our religion doesn't teach that, while yours does.

What religion 'Rican guido? The only books you follow are those published by the cast of Jersey Shore and the only God you pray to is the Porcelain God every Saturday night.

Arianiti
06-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Each religion says this, and it is the right of religious priests, no matter of what religion to preach their book.

I don't get why you react so surprised. each religion is against immorality. Bone kaken tani. Actually it is He who was harmed and discriminated, as by Kosova constitution people have right to religion and speech freedom.

You can hear this in churches too, or synagogues. I bet these Latino Americans here this everyday in their churches .

Stefan_Dusan
06-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Each religion says this, and it is the right of religious priests, no matter of what religion to preach their book.

I don't get why you react so surprised. each religion is against immorality. Bone kaken tani. Actually it is He who was harmed and discriminated, as by Kosova constitution people have right to religion and speech freedom.

You can hear this in churches too, or synagogues. I bet these Latino Americans here this everyday in their churches .

Latino Americans are very liberal.

If a marriage is based on woman being virgin, then yes the man should abandon her. He was cheated in marriage. I'm not of this religion, but I support this Imam's words not just for Muslims but for Christians in Kosovo.

Arianiti
06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Latino Americans are very liberal.

If a marriage is based on woman being virgin, then yes the man should abandon her. He was cheated in marriage. I'm not of this religion, but I support this Imam's words not just for Muslims but for Christians in Kosovo.

They are very religious, I think. He wasn't doing anything else beside preaching his religion, and Islam is not a forbidden religion in Kosova, or anywhere else in the world. The same applies for other religions. I think Islam is being discriminated lately a lot even in Kosova, where majority of population is of Muslim background.

iNird
06-17-2013, 04:53 PM

I wonder what the Vatican's stance is towards premarital sex?

:roll:

The imam is an idiot that believes in his idiot beliefs. But I don't think the vatican stance would be that much different, maybe not as radical to call them whores because of political correctness but they would be against it.

Geni
06-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Women morality..what for 1.hypocrisy,.. now the fate of the world is dependent on the question" whether this pussy is virgin or not?"

iNird
06-17-2013, 05:01 PM

Enver Hoxha ran the most brutal Communist state second to Stalinist Russia in Europe. Albanians got imprisoned and harassed by the state for the most arbitrary of reasons. The Kosovars were infinitely better off under Yugoslavia; until things started to unravel in the late 80's.

Somewhere from the 60s to the 80s life was probably better in Kosovo. But it was a different type of harrassment. In communist Albania all were imprisoned and harassed while in Kosovo Albanians were disportionately discriminated compared to other groups.

What "Christian" domination? They have their culture perfectly intact today unlike the Serbs in Albania who were forced to change their last names and give up their language.

The Hoxha regime was anti-religious but was not nearly as extreme towards minorities. Greek and Slavic minorities were recognized as far as I'm aware and many of them rose up in powerful positions. Though the name changing was probably true. But same thing happened to Albanians in Yu. My parents were not allowed to give me a name because it was considered too "patriotic" and my own last name was Slavicized at one point.

As for the culture, this is debatable and depends which period you are referring to.

PS:

Which serbs are you referring to? The few thousand that live in Northern Albania who left Montenegro to escape blood vendettas?

el22
06-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Albanians in Albania weren't an oppressed minority, while Albanians in Kosovo resisted Slavic Christian domination, which made them more fervent with their association with Islam. I'd imagine that's also why the Albanians are very religious in FYROM. It's Yugoslavia's fault.

That's a justification. Ghegs are religious people, even within albania.

el22
06-17-2013, 05:28 PM

From what I've noticed so far, the ones that hate Enver Hoxha the most, are greeks, yougoslavia nostalgics, and albanians who collaborated with the invader.
The ones who hate him less, or not at all, or feel respect, are the ones who liberated and built the country. And I see a pattern in all of this.

Stefan_Dusan
06-17-2013, 06:18 PM
They are very religious, I think. He wasn't doing anything else beside preaching his religion, and Islam is not a forbidden religion in Kosova, or anywhere else in the world. The same applies for other religions. I think Islam is being discriminated lately a lot even in Kosova, where majority of population is of Muslim background.

They are not conservative in this way. Their women are not conservatively dressed and they drink. In Kosovo, women considered marriage material do not touch alcohol until married and then very little. I consider their worship/praying to Mother Mary to be heretical paganism but that is different story.

He was preaching religion. In this case both Orthodox and Muslims share the same values. Your Islam is being discriminated because Kosovo is not free but puppet state of USA and europe. They want to "Westernize" Kosovo to their values. While I have no love for the Muslimsin Kosovo (and how they got there), I have bigger hate for Western culture at the moment.

No to EU, no to Western values.

Stefan_Dusan
06-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Reason vast majority of Albanians are Muslim in Kosovo (which is not true in Albania) is that Ottomans invited Albanians to depopulated regions. Free land for conversion to Islam. So they converted and claimed the land. If there was no Ottoman occupation of Kosovo I would not mind Muslim neighbors but history can't be changed.

sido
06-17-2013, 06:49 PM
You're free to show evidence of Albanian Civilization in Kosovo prior to Ottoman invasion. It's very easy for me to do regards of Serbs.

Yeah sounds fair

sido
06-17-2013, 07:03 PM
But where are any of your sites from that time? sure they built theirs on foreign land,but where is yours?

ChocolateFace
06-17-2013, 07:46 PM
The ancient name for the territory of Kosovo is Dardania which comes from the Albanian word Pear. This name has been used before the arrival of Slavs and Albanians have been living in Kosovo for thousands of years.

sido
06-17-2013, 07:57 PM
you really have nothing from before turks? and yet you play here like you were some power before :O

Stefan_Dusan
06-17-2013, 08:11 PM
The ancient name for the territory of Kosovo is Dardania which comes from the Albanian word Pear. This name has been used before the arrival of Slavs and Albanians have been living in Kosovo for thousands of years.

Kingdom of Dardania =/= modern borders of Kosovo. No one knows where the word comes from. Albanians are not Dardanians. That is further east than Albania.

Cleitus
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Dardanians were only a Tribe of Illyrians.

Stefan_Dusan
06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Dardanians were only a Tribe of Illyrians.

They could easily been Thracian tribe. So little is known on this pre-Christian tribes.

ALSh
06-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Kingdom of Dardania =/= modern borders of Kosovo. No one knows where the word comes from. Albanians are not Dardanians. That is further east than Albania.

What does dardania means in serbian language? Well it has a meaning in Albanian language and the name of kings have meaning in Albanian.

HispaniaSagrada
06-17-2013, 09:40 PM

No a virgin is not worth more than a non-virgin if everything else is equal, you can't evaluate it like people are cattle. This is a spiritual matter or one of trauma. It's all down to individual circumstance and how a particular person feels. This matter of virginity I don't feel has been explored properly to my satisfaction, I have my own ideas about it, unless you count all the asshats who try to explain it away by evolutionary psychology bullshit. You can't put everyone under the same umbrella.

They should be able drop their spouse and if they didn't know or if they are under circumstances where the stigma is intolerable. For some this is nothing and for others it's a great source of pain and disgust. Some people just don't get it and I believe they're sincere that they don't think it's anything wrong but we're just all not cut from the same cloth it seems. These things for them don't have the same meaning. It's kind of like they look at it concretely and clinically or they don't put value on it because they simply can't have the same point of view. While others who care about these things might tend to look at them abstractly with a lot of emotional investment.

And the women should be allowed to abandon the men for the same reason. The double standard is bullshit.

The only way shit's gonna change is if an attitude of zero tolerance is taken instead of everyone acting like they don't see the big pink elephant in the room. And when I say "change" I don't mean "make" a leopard change its spots. It won't happen. What I mean is not making people afraid to say "no" to something they find that disagreeable. You make your bed you lie in it. Goes both ways. Although, I believe exceptions should be made toward those who didn't act in their right mind, as far as stigmatizing them. Some people act depraved because of trauma whether it's in the home when they're young or brought on by society or whatever.

There was supposedly some Brazilian dimwit who auctioned her virginity to raise money to help homeless people. If it's so goddamn valuable that she thinks she can get bidders for it and auction it then it's really not valuable at all and either she's a fucking moron if she doesn't get that or she herself doesn't value it but knows that for whatever reason some do value it (but only in the sick "I came I conquered" sense) so she thinks "To hell with it I'll auction it off" and I don't know what happened since I chose not to follow it because the matter repulsed me and made me sick - but why would someone who actually cares bid on that? It's not like they're gonna have a relationship or get married. What is the winner gonna do? Have a psychopathic sense of ego thinking that he gets to wear her hymen around his dick like some sort of crowning trophy, imagine dangling it in front of all the future guys saying "nanner nanner," knowing that the experience created the neural pathways in her brain and that she won't get to experience again with whatever dipshit possibly marries her in the future, that this guy is now her reference point and nevermind the fact that this is now a matter of "public record" and it will never really go away and I could go on and on. As if you can "have" someone's virginity and have them on some sort of ethereal or ectoplasmic leash or bragging rights for breaking her in, the first one to put that big smile on her face she'll remember forever or that "hell yea" feeling if she made a painful face, eyes rolling in the back of her head, she starts getting used to it, she goes crazy, or whatever but that's OK cause the husband can have the box it came in, yea and the husband shouldn't care even though he hears echoes in his head from hearing it ad nauseum all his life "you never forget your first, the first one is special"? Even if that isn't true that's what a lot of people imagine and it's not their fault. She's even praised for it in some twisted way. Must be liberals. OK, but I think she's a disgusting virgin (or maybe not by now) uber-slut who tried to appeal to the psychopathy in some males to get money.

This is one of those things they can NEVER undo and the best they can do is either face it and act in a way that from now on dishonors what they did in the past or they have to convince themselves it doesn't matter, conning themselves into making it a non-thing so that they don't suffer internally as some sort of warped coping skill. I think that often these matters afflict those who are the types prone to "really fall in love and be in love with the idea of being in love" especially when the world around them doesn't agree with how they learned what things mean, but not necessarily always.

While for others what I just said may not apply because they just don't get it. It would be one thing if the world were very proper and respectful concerning these matters because then people would grow up being cultivated as able to emotionally deal with them, if it were to arise that someone is in a situation where they find out the person they fell in love with had been doing things secretly or if someone were to marry a widow or whatever. A person wouldn't have all the mental garbage floating around in their mind giving them the vomits and getting sick at the idea of being with someone who has been with someone else before. But it doesn't happen that way because people are ordinary to say the least and many people grow up in demented environments. Just living in the world means being subject to all sorts of twisted stuff.

When you have a culture that is hitting you from all angles with reasons to disgust you "you never forget your first," porno, boasting about virginity and blood and getting to "pop the cherry", processing all the fucking "sex, sex, sex" everywhere especially when you're little and you don't understand what you see or hear, warping a child's formative years, peer pressure, wanting to fit in, and on and on and on with all the stimulus overload and being sent messages that you know at least subconsciously don't make sense, trying to cope by using the lies people convince themselves of to get through the day. Then you get dumb fucks trying to convince others "oh that doesn't matter" "the past is the past and now is now" "and oh no that being the first thing is overrated" or the classic "that doesn't mean I'm not a good person (this is one of the most meaningless statements I have ever heard, it demands that the listener's values be where theirs is and presumes that the listener's idea of 'good' is the same as theirs) etc., but as you observe people and who they are and in their conversations and you read between the lines of the things they say, the little jokes they make and the "oh I'm just kidding" stuff, in their behavior and while the world boasts about being the first to get to this or that continent or the first to invent this or do that, - being the first, being the biggest, being the strongest, being the fastest, being the best, being the smartest but the liars hope that a smile and a pat on the back while telling these sweet little lies will change someone's mind, as if it were an intellectual problem, you realize your intelligence is being insulted and that people are all full of shit and that they have no wisdom and they argue from their own self interest. Depending on what individual you're dealing with, if they're smart enough, they'll see the contradiction between all these memes.

Too fucking bad. Trauma is real. Development is real. Things have meanings and something's gotta give. It's insidious and when you feel like you're in love these matters can be the spark for rage, which I don't believe is jealousy (most people use this word but don't know WTF it means) but repulsion, pain, despair and confusion. Or it can manifest in other ways. What would you make of a guy who gets off on wife swapping and who can sit there and jerk off while someone is hammering away at his wife but will FLIP OUT if you touch something of his without his permission or unwrap his Xmass present? Figure that one out.

A lot of the neurosis also comes from pain and suffering while wanting to figure out a way to overcome this by changing the past or the meaning of the past, when it can't be changed and you just never really know whether or not to trust or believe someone about what they might say to put you at ease.

I believe that the people to either extreme, whether all for purity or for licentiousness and devaluation (getting jaded enough to make something not matter anymore), are often two sides of the same coin. Two kinds of people who got fucked up somewhere and the difference is in the coping strategy they chose. I think deep down some people who are slutty or didn't wait for marriage have a inner knowing and regret but can't do anything about it, so they ignore or try to make all the meaningless intellectual arguments they can or will rant and rave against the wearers of chastity rings or something. Some people are so fucked up that while they act like total sluts they might say things like "I'll do whatever but I don't kiss unless I'm in love" (because in their mind THAT is what has the meaning, or make it have it in order to cope) or "The only thing I haven't done is anal because I'm saving that for my husband" (I've actually heard this shit) in some warped attempt to fix, balance or salvage something that they can't. It's no wonder to me that the world gets the "Ted Bundys" it does. It asks for it.

Look at how stable a lot of these kids of actors are. The parents never thought that what they share in public, who they date and what they do on screen would come back and haunt their kids. "But that's just make believe sweety and besides this is grown up stuff but it's just not OK for little boys and girls like you. Don't listen to those mean kids who make fun of you at school"

Fucking assholes. You compromised yourself in order to be marketable to a society that consumes garbage so that you could have fame, money and glory and live your fantasy. How does it taste? Was it worth it? How's that biological clock doing? Are you still as pretty and fresh as you were when you first started out? Guys/chicks paying less attention to you as each year goes by? Regular guys who don't want fame and like their privacy don't take you seriously so you have to keep dating within the industry you're a part of? How has being wild and posing nude been for you? Still not bored of those Hollywood parties? Haven't found that special guy or girl yet? Shit, I wonder why.

Since I'm here, if anyone knows of any books or any material that deals with these subjects and (preferably) has good answers (not the trite shit people say all the time or evolutionary psychology mumbo jumbo) hit me with a PM and tell me what it is, please. Thanks.

end rant /

Stefan_Dusan
06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
What does dardania means in serbian language? Well it has a meaning in Albanian language and the name of kings have meaning in Albanian.

These word games don't mean much. Calling a tribe of people after pears, or even their kingdom, is a long shot. Imagine someone saying we are the tribe of pears.....

For example, people who play word games with Serbs connect us with Serdi, Sorbs, Servs, even Sorbistan in Afghanistan. It's mental masturbation. Historians to this day don't know if Dardani were Illyrian or Thracian tribe, don't know the language very well, but what's true, it is much farther east than Albania.

Prengs
06-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Sicilians are Italicized Greeks and this happened in Roman empire. You're a young Albanian who just spouts nonsense without knowing answer.

Let's begin with 1300s:

Let us continue with 1400s

Let us continue with 1500s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Kosovo

It was only during the great wars between Austria and Turks, which Serbs provided backbone that things changed. Why? Because Austrians invited Serbs to new territories to continue fight against Turks. Now depopulated Ottomans invited neighboring population (Albanian shepherds) to settle provided you convert. This is why genetically Kosovar Albanians are isolate, you come from only a couple of families back in 1600s giving you less diversity than Albanians as whole.

Wow again wikipedia?, this is pure propaganda and lie...because in Ottoman defter...they never counted numbers of populations by ethnitity, but by religion. Funny how Serbs...Muslims count as Albanians and Christians as Serbs.
While in until 1700 over 90% of Albanians were christians, and not to mention in 1460 where almost all Albanians were Orthodox and Catolichs.

Notice how i changed numbers in your link, everyone can post bullshit and change numbers.

1455: Turkish cadastral tax census (defter)[42] of the Branković District (covering most of present-day Kosovo) recorded:
480 villages,
13,693 adult males,
12,985 dwellings,
14,087 household heads (480 widows and 13,607 adult males).
Totally there were around 75,000 inhabitants in 590 villages comprising modern-day Kosovo.
Turkish defter did not give any data on ethnicity. However, Yugoslav and Serbian sholars have researched ethnic structure of Kosovo population. According to them there were:[43]
12 Serb dwellings present in all 1 villages and towns
75 Vlach dwellings in 34 villages
55546 Albanian dwellings in 3323 villages
17 Bulgarian dwellings in 10 villages
5 Greek dwellings in Lauša, Vučitrn
1 Jewish dwelling in Vučitrn
1 Croat dwelling

Incal
06-18-2013, 03:51 AM

I can't remember the last time I was in a church. I bet it must be a similar case to my fellow spics.