PDA

View Full Version : The USA Cultural Imperialism - Your thoughts.

Feral
06-17-2013, 10:40 PM
I just have one retorical question: Hasn't the US been one of the primordial causators of a presumable intent for the disruption of the Europeans ethnic identities?.

Feral
06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Bump. :]

Stefan
06-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Partly, but Europe's situation is a consequence of its own imperialism and even further the Europeans who brought it to where it's at: both the politicians and the electorate. I won't say the U.S has no influence whatsoever, though.

Feral
06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Bump.

Caismeachd
06-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Corporate globalism pretty much wants to wipe out any nationalist or cultural identity. It's not so bad in Europe because European countries already have very long rooted cultural identities. But whole strips of the US are entirely corporate owned where people pretty much have no other choice but to be slaves of multi-national corporations (work at and buy from them). Nobody should want that just because it's convenient to buy a cheese burger at McDonalds, or because it's cheaper to buy at wal-mart. Or because wal-mart and mcdonalds are the only places to get a job. It's really an infringement of human rights I think and people aren't even aware of how badly it will affect their overall quality of life in the long run.

Feral
06-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Bump? :rolleyes:

Sarmatian
06-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Why presumable? US military have five battalions ~500 men each dedicated to ideological warfare. Each battalion covers it's own area of influence and their expertise includes media news, movies, music, all sorts of internet sources, etc. They basically manipulating global pop culture in order to use it as a weapon in the interests of US elites.

Graham
06-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Some say American empowerment of the British in the Suez Crisis. It played a large psychological impact on what would be the end of an Empire. That & the war debt of WWII.