PDA

View Full Version : Non-compliance with Kosovo wealth declaration law alarms experts

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 04:14 AM
Corruption among public officials in Kosovo will "undermine the progress of the country" and "slow down" its path toward the EU, international and local experts warn

The number of high-level politicians in Kosovo who do not declare their assets in accordance with the law is concerning, experts and international officials said.

Democratic Party MP Berat Buzhala, who did not declare his real assets, is now being reviewed by state prosecutors.

Agron Behrami, the head of the division for the declaration of the assets in Kosovo's Anti-Corruption Agency, said that Buzhala violated the law on the declaration of the wealth and the country's penal code.

Besides missing dozens of public officials' declarations, the agency found changes to the wealth of nine public officials since they have occupied their positions in the amount of millions of euros, Behrami said.

Ibrahim Rexhepi, executive director of the Kosovo Centre for Strategic and Social Research, said the main issue is not that senior officials hide or do not declare their wealth, but the fact that they don't obey the law.

"I do not exclude the possibility that someone does not want to declare how rich [he or she] has become while having a political and public position," Rexhepi told SETimes, "but even more concerning is the lack of the implementation of the law that strengthens the opinion that the law cannot do anything against those that have strength and power. Therefore, it is a legalisation of the illegality and Kosovo citizens pay the cost for it."

According to Merita Mustafa, an anti-corruption expert with the Kosovo Democratic Institute, asset disclosure as it is done now in Kosovo can be "absolutely" contested.

"We, as a state, have not managed yet to build up such mechanisms that would verify if the declarations of the asset disclosures of the senior officials are real," Mustafa told SETimes. "The government is missing the will to build such mechanisms that would have done a much more convincing and much more qualitative verification, which would have been different from the verification done from the anti-corruption agency."

According to Kosovo legislation, an official can be sentenced from 3 to 5 years in prison for declaring false figures of their wealth and can be fined from 1,000 to 2,500 euros for not following the law.

However, the problem is not in legislation, but in the implementation of the anti-corruption laws and sanctioning of non-compliance, international monitors said.

"The big problem is the lack of independence, and at times capacity, of those institutions, particularly oversight bodies, which are mandated to enforce the legislation," Tinatin Ninua, regional co-ordinator for Transparency International in Southeast Europe, told SETimes.

According to Transparency International and anti-corruption experts, the ineffective application of asset disclosure requirements by senior officials and political interference in institutional responsibilities and operations hamper Kosovo's integration into the EU and NATO.

"One of the key criteria EU looks at during the accession process is the fight against corruption," Ninua said. "If corruption in the public sector remains prevalent in a candidate country, that is likely to have a negative impact on the accession process."

"Before EU accession, future members should have mechanisms in place that prevent all forms of corruption as an important safeguard against economic crisis," Jana Mittermaier, director of the Transparency International liaison office to the EU, told SETimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's ironic how the EU and NATO can whine about Kosovo's criminal situation, even though they know first hand the true face of Hashim Thaci, and how the whole state apparatus is permeated by the CIA and the BND.

Failed State.

Skerdilaid
06-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Yeah like neighboring counties are all success stories:p

Alfred Rosenberg
06-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah like neighboring counties are all success stories:p

nga eshte ky per kuriozitet?

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Never said anything about the people in Kosovo, if you read back I only spoke about the government and the administration

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Failed State only refers to the adminsitrative/political apparatus. That's why the very name says "State" not "society" "nation", etc.

La Misse
06-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Failed State only refers to the adminsitrative/political apparatus. That's why the very name says "State" not "society" "nation", etc.

Gt spatalas to xrono sou legontas kai grafontas autes ths malakies gia to kosovo?? Entaksei! To kseroumeoti den einai kai to kalitero sas afou tous kolserbous ypostirizete alla esy to parakaneis kanontas kathe hmera ena kainourgio Thread me ta prblimata sto Kosovo. Den keitate ton eauto sas lew egw pou exete tosa xronia kratos kai eisaste pio fail apo to Kosovo! Afiste tous sthn isixeia tous....

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 10:51 AM
If you're speaking to me, I'm sorry, I don't speak your patois.
Spanish/English/French/Italian/German or Russian please.

La Misse
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
If you're speaking to me, I'm sorry, I don't speak your patois.
Spanish/English/French/Italian/German or Russian please.

I was speaking in Greek. If you live in Cyprus how can't you speak greek? Or you don't live there ;)

La Misse
06-18-2013, 10:59 AM
It's also very true.

Kosovo:

Unemployment: 40%
Population below poverty line: 30%
GDP (nominal): $6.4 billion
Human Development Index: Not even on the list but according to HDI points, about the same as Sri Lanka
Democracy Index: Not even on the list but according to points score the lowest in Europe, even below Russia
Press Freedom Index: 186
Corruption Index: 112
WHO Healthcare Ranking: Doesn't qualify for ranking. Kosovo spends the equivalent of 12 cents (Euros) of its budget per person on healthcare.
http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xhtml/en_GB/features/setimes/features/2008/11/28/feature-01

Boll thash to you too. Sounds like a Middle Earth greeting?

Get your shit out of here you Dumbo, stop spending your time with Kosovo, if you don't like it than don't speak about it! Typical SerV

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Never said anything about the people in Kosovo, if you read back I only spoke about the government and the administration

What the fck you know about administration. Hashim Thaci is far better than you and whole your country. You are not able to judge anyone as you come from an environment where crime and all bad things on Earth are blooming. You can not tell what's good and bad, thereof.

You are a failure yourself.

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:29 PM
All this shit is coming from these Backward Latino Americans and Slavs. Kosova is only 5 years old. Deal with your countries, that are old hundred of years and you still remain a black hole.

Kosovar citizens are far richer than you Latinos and Slavs.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Are you always so primitive? Whenever someone points out the background of war criminal Hashim Thaci, your reaction is to bark insults? So sad :(

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Are you always so primitive? Whenever someone points out the background of war criminal Hashim Thaci, your reaction is to bark insults? So sad :(

You are a primitive Latino backward little man, who doesn't mind his own country as it is rubbish.

Hasim Thaci is not a criminal. You are a criminal liar. Lie is also a crime

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:34 PM
The topic is not about myself, read the thread, it's about the corruption of Kosovo's politicians. Not sure why you're drifting.

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 12:36 PM
You are a primitive Latino backward little man, who doesn't his own country as it is rubbish.

Hasim Thaci is not a criminal. You are a criminal liar. Lie is also a crime

Per cfare arsye ti e Mbrone Hashim Thacin ? Je Kusherinj i ti ? ;)

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes they are Corrupt like in every other Democratic Country.

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 12:40 PM
the worst scum??!! WTF!

What on Earth has Hashim Thaci done, beside these false accusation from slavs and hispanics? No prove !

Hashim Thaci is a strong man, that's why this little mice fear him.

hahahah Strong man ! :rotfl: Hes a person without Spirit Will or something other.

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Per cfare arsye ti e Mbrone Hashim Thacin ? Je Kusherinj i ti ? ;)

Jo ore cfare as nuk e simpatizoj, por kur dalin kriminelet si hispaniket dhe sllavet e akuzojne, normal qe afer tyre eshte si thesar :lol:

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:41 PM
hahahah Strong man ! :rotfl: Hes a person without Spirit Will or something other.

In Hispanics and Slavs eyes he is a King Kong :lol:

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Your one-liners still don't change his well recorded background as a mafia kingpin and war criminal.

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Your one-liners still don't change his well recorded background as a mafia kingpin and war criminal.

They are not criminals, those who defend their homes. You have no clue what's wrong or right, I already mentioned this.

If I come to your house with guns and tanks and try to wipe you and your family out from the Earth's face, of course your fight would be just.

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Baluarte im sure every one of your Family Members are Criminals http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12/TORTILLERO310/l_eb6b37cbdd53a0a00fa7ceb12f39849b.jpg

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying:

Report identifies Hashim Thaci as 'big fish' in organised crime
Kosovo's prime minister accused of criminal connections in secret Nato documents leaked to the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/24/hashim-thaci-kosovo-organised-crime

Tony Blair's friend Kosovan PM Hashim Thaci
Mr Blair has some very bizarre friends, but a monster who traded in human body parts beats the lot

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1339015/Tony-Blairs-friend-Kosovan-PM-Hashim-Thaci-bizarre-monster.html

Kosovo PM Hashim Thaci's crimes 'known to the West'
WESTERN leaders have been accused of turning a blind eye to murders, drug running and organ trafficking in Kosovo.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/kosovo-pm-hashim-thacis-crimes-known-to-the-west/story-e6frg6so-1225972925533

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Baluarte im sure every one of your Family Members are Criminals

Who are those people?

And no, none of my family members in first or second degree are convicted of any crimes.

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Hashim Thaci and the West work Together because they are Both Criminals ;)

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Who are those people?

And no, none of my family members in first or second degree are convicted of any crimes.
SOME OF YOUR LATINO bROTHERS :D

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:51 PM
No proof or evidence so far, only assumptions. He would have been sued if there were proves for it. It is more politics than any truth on it.

I know Hashim Thaci is your nightmare, too, but it is not his fault.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Hmm, ok. Still don't get the joke.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:53 PM
He would have been sued if there were proves for it. It is more politics than any truth on it.

Are you really as thick as to believe that if he's not out of power it¡s because he's innocent? Have you ever wondered that maybe, perhaps, potentially, NATO and the EU prefer to keep him in office without caring about his past?

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Are you really as thick as to believe that if he's not out of power it¡s because he's innocent. Have you ever wondered that maybe, perhaps, potentially, NATO and the EU prefer to keep him in office without caring about his past?

You have serious problems.

Why would NATO and EU do that? They are criminals too according to you, is this what you mean?

I don't suffer from daylight dream. If there are facts and evidence I wouldn't care for him. But you are anti-albanian, that's why you insist on nothing.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 12:58 PM
NATO is the largest criminal cartel in the world today. Nobody kills as many as people as they do, nobody profits as much from the drug trade as they do.

The European Union is a false entity, concocted by the American State Department to force Europe into a clumsy Union, where their politics and economies are trapped to benefit the Atlantic interests.

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't like conspiracy theories, either.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Read more please, you'll see how our world is ruled in a very different way than what you think it is:

Afghan Massacre: Pattern of Established U.S.-NATO Criminal Acts in Several Nations
http://www.globalresearch.ca/afghan-massacre-pattern-of-established-u-s-nato-criminal-acts-in-several-nations/29826

el22
06-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Who are those people?

Well, neither thaci is. If he still is a criminal, even without being convicted, then your relatives could very well be criminals as well.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 01:10 PM
None of them are accused or being trialed for anything.

It takes a very low person to start shooting random accusations, just to hide the systematic references done to Thaci's role in the criminal webs that plague Kosovo today.

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Baluarte, I am exposed to different sources when it comes to global events, so I do read. :) You are biased, and you only bring those articles that satisfy your biased mind.

NATO is a peacekeeping force, maybe not the most perfect, but still better than having Latino or Slavic Powers, i.e Warsaw Pact :P

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Baluarte, I am exposed to different sources when it comes to global events, so I do read. :) You are biased, and you only bring those articles that satisfy your biased mind.

NATO is a peacekeeping force, maybe not the most perfect, but still better than having Latino or Slavic Powers, i.e Warsaw Pact :P
its not a Peacekeeping force only a Military unit.

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 01:20 PM
http://de.metapedia.org/m/images/9/94/Bilderberger-Gruppe-Personen-Firmen.jpg The Bilderberger Imperium

Arianiti
06-18-2013, 01:26 PM
its not a Peacekeeping force only a Military unit.

It has a role of keeping peace, by undertaking peace missions. I ke pase tek ne se pari..

Cleitus
06-18-2013, 01:31 PM
It has a role of keeping peace, by undertaking peace missions. I ke pase tek ne se pari..

po shiko tash tek ne, Atdheu jone ne dore te Bankerave dhe Burrave te Systemit !

el22
06-18-2013, 01:34 PM
None of them are accused or being trialed for anything.

It takes a very low person to start shooting random accusations, just to hide the systematic references done to Thaci's role in the criminal webs that plague Kosovo today.

Oh, so we went from 'convicted' to 'accused' now :rolleyes:

Who are those people?

Well, if accusation is a crime, then your relatives have to be criminals, because they too are accused:

If the accusations of your relatives aren't in par with those of thaci, it's only because no one cares for your relatives, but there are parties that care about having lost kosova, and try to portray everything happening there after losing it in a dark shadow, and everything before that in a bright light. And ofc local antagonist positions about kosova are projected in the west, and you can find here and there some western media article like those you posted, but in the end, kosova has a much more independent from local politics (because it's not local) justice system than many eu, or russia (who are we kidding here?) or whatever your ideal country is.

Baluarte
06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Read again:

"None of them are accused or being trialed for anything."

meaning, that no member of my family has been accused of any crime.

el22
06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Read again:

"None of them are accused or being trialed for anything."

meaning, that no member of my family has been accused of any crime.

Read again:

Yes. That's all it takes to be accused.

Prosecuted? Neither thaci is.