PDA

View Full Version : What is your allegiance?

Poltergeist
09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Where does your allegiance lie? Only with your nation, your country, your state? With the (white, Europid, however you may call it) race? With the religious denomination? With some more complex cultural-geographic concept, like "Europe"? With the notion of the "Western world" (which then, according to some views, can encompass such countries like Japan, South Korea or even Turkey within its fold)? With some meta-ethnic and/or meta-cultural entity, like Anglo-Saxon world, Slavdom, Germanic world etc?

I understand also that allegiances can be multilayered and multiple.

So all these things I listed do not imply that I think everyone should normally feel allegiance only to one of these matters.

Puddle of Mudd
09-22-2009, 02:20 PM
The Rebel Alliance of course.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Rebel_Alliance_soldiers_1.jpg

Absinthe
09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Allegiances are gay; I'm a misanthrope :p

Beorn
09-22-2009, 03:08 PM
What is your allegiance?

To my family, Somerset and England.

Gooding
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Divine Singularity
Family( including ancestral and tribal spirits)
Lands of VA, TN and LA

After all that do I express my pride in people and land by describing myself as a Creole, an American, someone of Scottish, English, Irish and German/German Swiss descent, Dalo-Faelid/Bruenn with Keltic Nordid influence,etc.,etc.,etc.. Above all else, I'm proud to be married to my soulmate and she has my overall allegiance that falls just short of worship.

Murphy
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM
First and foremost my loyalty is to God and Holy Mother which comes second to none. I am loyal to Ireland and the Irish people and to a lesser extent western Europe. I have no real love for the European east overall so I do not believe it is fitting to classify my self as owing allegiance to Europe as a whole. This is of course just a quick dribble, I'll go into more detail later.

Regards,
Eóin.

anonymaus
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Where does your allegiance lie?

Allegiance is a duty, duty stinks of Kant; no thank you, I have neither.

Liffrea
09-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I’ve never sworn allegiance to anything in my life.

Oxford Reference Dictionary defines allegiance as:

Support of a sovereign, government or cause etc.

I wouldn’t pick my nose to save the Queen or Westminster, so that’s them out.

Causes, hmm that depends on the cause and whose leading it (intent, motive etc).

The only things I would fight for are my family (well the ones I like) and my freedom.

Skandi
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Where does your allegiance lie? Only with your nation, your country, your state? With the (white, Europid, however you may call it) race? With the religious denomination? With some more complex cultural-geographic concept, like "Europe"? With the notion of the "Western world" (which then, according to some views, can encompass such countries like Japan, South Korea or even Turkey within its fold)? With some meta-ethnic and/or meta-cultural entity, like Anglo-Saxon world, Slavdom, Germanic world etc?

I understand also that allegiances can be multilayered and multiple.

So all these things I listed do not imply that I think everyone should normally feel allegiance only to one of these matters.

This is difficult.

so in the order of importance
Queen/Country
Friends/Family
North West Europe
^diaspora

Psychonaut
09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
I swore a sacred oath a few years back:

I, [Psychonaut], do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Lars
09-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Let's just say that blood is more important than borders.

Lars
09-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I swore a sacred oath a few years back:

It seems to me that your elected politicians don't give a shit about the Constitution of the United States of America.

Psychonaut
09-22-2009, 04:41 PM
It seems to me that your elected politicians don't give a shit about the Constitution of the United States of America.

Some do. Some don't. It's a mixed bag and is highly dependent on what region and level of municipality you're talking about. Regardless of the current politician in charge, I find, for an American, that bearing allegiance to the Constitution is the most sound way of building the kind of nationalism that is so desperately needed here. What we have now are millions of dumbasses who have permanently allied themselves with various political parties (George Washington is spinning in his grave over that), rather than our foundational document itself. I actually carry a copy of it with me whenever I'm in uniform asa reminder to myself of why I'm serving and what my service means to me.

Lars
09-22-2009, 04:48 PM
What we have now are millions of dumbasses who have permanently allied themselves with various political parties (George Washington is spinning in his grave over that), rather than our foundational document itself.

Jup. I really looks like your country(and most other countries) has two or more political groups who both are not willing to achieve some form of consensus. It's more important to have power than to archieve great goals.

Poltergeist
09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
As for me: only nation-country (but not the current regime).

I leave family out, because that's for some other discussion (I don't define my attachment to family in the term of "allegiance"). Also I leave faith out because I see it primarily as matter or personal relatioship between God and man (and the community of the faithful), and not of politically or socially defined "allegiances".

No allegiance whatsoever towards Europe. Any concept of united Europe leaves me indifferent, or is outright repugnant to me, be it in the name of some European universalist values (the euromondialism), from the viewpoint of "Christian roots" of Europe (the theocon nonsense), or for the sake of some common "racial" inheritance or whatever. I do sympathise many individual European nations, but I couldn't care less about anything like an abstract notion of Europe, or European Christendom (it existed once, prior to the emergence of the nation states, but doesn't exist any more and nothing can resurrect it again) or anything similar.

Tabiti
09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
First I'm loyal to myself and my ideas. Second I'm loyal to my closest people. Third to my blood.
I don't support the current situation and that what's called "my country" or "my nation" today.

Rasvalg
09-23-2009, 03:07 PM
My loyalties lie first with my Kindred/family(if they call I would go regardless of where I am at that day.) Second with my blood and third with my nation for I am a nationalist who believes that whatever is best for nation and blood should be done to the best of my abilities.
I also agree with Psychonaut that we must restore and defend the constitution so that our nation may be brought back to what it once was.
Yes I know all of this from the felon who robbed the bank to pay child support.:D

Aemma
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Hmm allegiance...it's an interesting word. I see it as a term befitting the realm of socio-political discussion but no farther really. Other words more aptly fit other streams of discussion imo.

My socio-political loyalties will always run with my people, French Canadians and to a lesser (much lesser) degree "English" Canadians and with my country Canada. At times they both vy for first place, one trying to outman the other; at others times, they'll play nicely and take turns at being the top dog. But more often than not, they become one and the same. Being a canadienne de souche, it can be no other way for me.

Cato
09-23-2009, 07:04 PM
The Rebel Alliance of course.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Rebel_Alliance_soldiers_1.jpg

Is your religion Jedi?

Óttar
09-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Aum Sri Matre Namah

My allegiance is to the Mahadevi called Magna Mater by the Romans, and to the Dharma, to the religion which goes back to pre-history, (Religio Romana, Hellenismos, Forn Sed, Romuva, and all praiseworthy ethnic and cultic manifestations of the ancient ways.)

And I stand for poetry, sensuality, wine, women, and song.

"You know, my Friends, how long since in my House
For a new Marriage I did make Carouse:
Divorced old barren reason from my Bed,
And took the Daughter of the Vine to Spouse."

Omar Khayyam Rubaiyyat 40

Abolish the Islamic republic of Iran. Bring back the Shah! Shahanshah Aryamehr zindabad, Shahbanu Farah zindbad!

Liffrea
09-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tabiti
I don't support the current situation and that what's called "my country" or "my nation" today.

An excellent point, and also mirrors much of my current thought regarding the UK and England. New identities and loyalties are arising in much of the Western world which means I simply cannot base my loyalty just on blood or genetic relationship. Many people of my own race and nation have radically different ideals to my own, ideals that, I believe, threaten the existence of both in the long term. I cannot, and will not, support them or fight for them. I would not take up arms for a state and flag that threatens the very ideals I believe in, I would not shed blood next to men who look like me but who believe in things I despise.

My “Folk” are not defined by blood alone; they are defined by ideals as well.

Paleo
09-23-2009, 08:25 PM
First, and for most, my family.

Second, to work always in the intentions of securing and preserving the freedoms and rights of my family and all Scottish people.

:algiz:irminsul::valknut

The Lawspeaker
09-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Since that I have no family (as in wife or children) my loyalties lie with my people and country.
I have no loyalties towards the Royal Family or my government. Just my people and country.