PDA

View Full Version : What Ottomans did to us in 19th century

Gorštak
06-20-2013, 01:17 AM
First of all, I don't write this to create a hate on Turks.
Modern Turkey Republic isn't the same as Ottoman Empire.
But "Historia magistra vitae est", and this is important to know.

After Ottomans destoreyed Husein Gradaščević movement for Bosnia autonomy , Bosniaks were mad at Ottomans, and it was easy to them to rebel again.
They were not satisfied with reforms of sultan Abdul Mejid I, and there were some litlle or bigger riots for years.
At 1850, Ottomans send to Bosnia Omer - paša Latas.
http://www.zaslike.com/files/nucjz6uwl6jxv1m2k5x.jpg

He was Islamized Serb, born as Mihajlo Latas. He become marshal of Ottomans army, most famous for solving riots in Empire( in Albania, Bulgaria, Arabia, Kurdistan...).
Most of his soldiers were mercenaries and criminals who deserted from Poland and Hungary.
He come to Bosnia with 10000 members of the basic military + 2000 Albanians, most of Tosk ,Orthodox Albanian tribe, and with couple of more military units.
He come in July, 1850, and immediately arrested few Bosniaks leaders and threatened that he will destroy entire Sarajevo if they rebellion.
Butt soon, Bosniaks from Krajina, Posavina, middle bosnia, Herzegovina... they all decided to fight.
There were a lot of bloody battles. At the same time, Ottomans soldiers torture, kill and rob Bosniak civillians.
Latas wrote in letter to his friend " Don't eat fish from Sava river. They are full of meat of Bosniaks bodies".
Even Ottoman vizier in Bosnia was shocked by Latas moves, he said to him "What will we do with Bosnia when you kill all Bosniaks"?
Latas forced kadi from Kladanj to carry his brother head through Sarajevo.
He robbed a lot of Bosniaks leaders, he took 17000 gold coins just from Mahmud - paša Tuzlić.
Reports say that in prison in Tuzla his soldiers were killing around 100 Bosniaks every day, after horrible torture.
One of Krajina Bosniaks, Omer Radžić said that " it's better that we all be killed in battle than surrender to Vlach Latas ".
At the end of the rebellion, he took probably more than 1000 richest, most respected, greatest heroes of Bosniaks , put them in chains and forced them to walk in chains to Istanbul.
There are a lot of testimonials how sad was to see the scene with them walking.
They say that they didn't complain, they didn't talk much, only sometimes some would say "what can we do if this is our destiny".
In Istanbul they were sentenced to go in prison or to be rowers in galleys, and some were send to Tunisia, Egypt and Asia Minor, with no right to ever come back to Bosnia.
And if we don't count prisoners and killed civilans, only in batlles there were about 6000 death Bosniaks.
Not only that, Latas destroyed and burned a big parts of Bosnia.
When Latas left, at 1852, because of so much hate at Ottomans, Bosniaks didn't go to Ottoman army until 1864.
Ottomans were now sending real Turks to rule over Bosnia, while before Bosnia was always ruled by
ethnic Bosniaks.
Austrian consul described that time, "Ottomans were killing Bosniaks as their worst enemies. And now you can't find any nation that is fighting against Ottoman Empire, that hate Ottomans more than Bosniaks".
To some historians, those times when Ottomans killed moust of Bosniaks leaders had a large influence for entire history of Bosniaks, people who losed their all leaders were completely helpless and unprepared for huge changes and processes in Europe in next period.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Also,Ottomans sold us for cheap money to Austria,bosniaks had to fight on their own,turks just left us to fight against the austrians on our own.The sultan was a true coward,as a khalifa it was his response to take care of muslims,but no he left us in middle of christian Europe

After giving so much for the empire for over 500 years they just betrayed us.

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Also,Ottomans sold us for cheap money to Austria,bosniaks had to fight on their own,turks just left us to fight against the austrians on our own.The sultan was a true coward,as a khalifa it was his response to take care of muslims,but no he left us in middle of christian Europe

Being part of the AH empire was probably the best thing to happen to BiH in the 19th century.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Being part of the AH empire was probably the best thing to happen to BiH in the 19th century.

Well our shahids and heroes did not agree.But stick to the topic,,its a very interesting topic that needs to be discussed more

Teyrn
06-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Outside of being impaled by Vlad Tepes I can't really think of anything the Turks are really noteworthy for..

Hayalet
06-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Outside of being impaled by Vlad Tepes I can't really think of anything the Turks are really noteworthy for..
And that tells more about you than Turks.

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Well our shahids and heroes did not agree

That's because they're greedy and superstitious :thumb001:

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 03:06 AM
And now you can't find any nation that is fighting against Ottoman Empire, that hate Ottomans more than Bosniaks".

And today you can't find a nation that is more nostalgic of the Ottoman Era than the Bosniaks. Funny how time heals wounds.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 03:09 AM
And today you can't find a nation that is more nostalgic of the Ottoman Era than the Bosniaks. Funny how time heals wounds.

Probably has to do with the fact we are a little people
We had our best days under the ottomans,at one point 75% of Bosnia,and ruling 100%.The 19th century was bad,but the early days were good

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Probably has to do with the fact we are a little people
We had our best days under the ottomans,at one point 75% of Bosnia,and ruling 100%.The 19th century was bad,but the early days were good

Sure the AH took our natural resources, but at least they didn't waste our money on building mosque after mosque on every square inch of Bosnia. Bosnia finally caught up with the rest of Europe (relatively) when it joined AH. Bosnia was being held back by the Ottomans.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 03:21 AM
You should read a bit more if you want to discuss,the mosques were built by bosniaks (begovi,gazije etc).And it was usually a rich man donating his wealth to build the mosque ,as it is considered a good deed for the afterlife

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 03:23 AM
You should read a bit more if you want to discuss,the mosques were built by bosniaks (begovi,gazije etc).And it was usually a rich man donating his wealth to build the mosque ,as it is considered a good deed for the afterlife

I consider it a waste of time and money.

Gorštak
06-20-2013, 03:33 AM

When Ottomans did that, reactions among Bosniaks was " as for us, Sultan can give Istanbul to anybody he wants, but we are those who decide about Bosnia":dancing:

They have invested in the education of the local population ,made us beautiful museum in Sarajevo ,invested in science...
But they had a long term plan of making Bosnia a Catholic majority land, they brought a thousands of Croats to live in Bosnia.
I do not blame them, from their point of view that was fully justified, but that wasn't good for Bosniaks and Serbs.
Although, how AH Empire acted to Bosniaks, maybe Bosniaks would not have anything against to stay forever as minority in that state.
On the other side, Serbs were much more radical agains AH, which is quite understandable, since Serbia was the enemy of AH.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 03:38 AM
But they had a long term plan of making Bosnia a Catholic majority land, they brought a thousands of Croats to live in Bosnia.

How do you know this?

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 03:41 AM
When Ottomans did that, reactions among Bosniaks was " as for us, Sultan can give Istanbul to anybody he wants, but we are those who decide about Bosnia":dancing:

That was their initial plan a couple hundred years prior, but by the time they actually got control of Bosnia they figured it was senseless. Instead they gave power to Catholics. Similar to Ottoman system of favouring Muslims, except from my knowledge there wasn't a non-Catholic tax.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 03:44 AM
That was their initial plan a couple hundred years prior, but by the time they actually got control of Bosnia they figured it was senseless. Instead they gave power to Catholics. Similar to Ottoman system of favouring Muslims, except from my knowledge there wasn't a non-Catholic tax.

How do you explain they favored the massive imigration of Bosniak to Turkey?

Gorštak
06-20-2013, 03:44 AM
How do you know this?

I wrote

they brought a thousands of Croats to live in Bosnia.

And don't ask me to now try to find where actually, but I read quote from if I remember correctly Emperor himself:
"We will put Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats in Bosnia in same pot, and than help Croats to be those who will climb to the top".

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 03:46 AM
How do you explain they favored the massive imigration of Bosniak to Turkey?

Austria-Hungary? They wanted Bosnia to be Catholic, but they weren't going to convert people.

Teyrn
06-20-2013, 04:56 AM
And that tells more about you than Turks.

It does indeed.

Not all Christians have spines made of soap messere.

Ah too bad, so sad. :bored:

Had the Turks not cracked New Rome in 1453 they would not have spread like a plague into Eastern Europe and subjected the peoples there, like Albanians, Bosnians, Croats, Greeks, Serbs, etc., to their superstition.

Mraz
06-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Austrians, Ottomans, Yugoslavs, fuck them all, dying for foreign interests was never a progress.

Petros Houhoulis
06-20-2013, 09:19 AM
It does indeed.

Not all Christians have spines made of soap messere.

Ah too bad, so sad. :bored:

Had the Turks not cracked New Rome in 1453 they would not have spread like a plague into Eastern Europe and subjected the peoples there, like Albanians, Bosnians, Croats, Greeks, Serbs, etc., to their superstition.

"New Rome" was the last drop in an ocean of Ottoman rule in the Balkans and Asia Minor. The real bow was at 1204, and the decline truly started at the battle at Manzikert at 1071.

CrystalMaiden
06-20-2013, 09:36 AM

That is an answer of a traitor who would rather chose slavery than freedom. Chose Austrian tyranny over the First Bosnian Republic :puke:

You are a truly repulsing individual, and if anything I am glad that you will never live again in Bosnia :thumb001:

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 09:41 AM
That is an answer of a traitor who would rather chose slavery than freedom. Chose Austrian tyranny over the First Bosnian Republic :puke:

You are a truly repulsing individual, and if anything I am glad that you will never live again in Bosnia :thumb001:

That's funny coming from a Muslim, meaning 'One who submits' :laugh:

CrystalMaiden
06-20-2013, 10:03 AM

I submit no one but God, degenerate.

Petros Houhoulis
06-20-2013, 10:05 AM

Now you only have to ask from her for you to be her god...

Methmatician
06-20-2013, 10:13 AM
I submit no one but God, degenerate.

+ you're government, probably your parents, police, boss, etc. You're a slave for life.

Hurrem sultana
06-20-2013, 06:54 PM
+ you're government, probably your parents, police, boss, etc. You're a slave for life.

and you are not?

dado
06-21-2013, 12:09 PM
bosnians are ottomans so the title is twisted and makes me laugh
as far as the measures that were taken by sultan against rebels, that is ust the way u deal with armed rebellion and of course nobody hates ottoman empire cause of that and we would welcome it back any time

Methmatician
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
and you are not?

Nope, not voluntarily at least.

Gorštak
06-21-2013, 12:55 PM
bosnians are ottomans so the title is twisted and makes me laugh
as far as the measures that were taken by sultan against rebels, that is ust the way u deal with armed rebellion and of course nobody hates ottoman empire cause of that and we would welcome it back any time

http://www.zaslike.com/files/lky1an0j16erhtc8bjq.jpg

Hurrem sultana
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Nope, not voluntarily at least.

then move to a jungle and be your own lord

Sisak
06-24-2013, 01:20 AM
How was in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, good or bad? After all, you are in Europe.

Gorštak
06-24-2013, 01:27 AM
How was in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, good or bad? After all, you are in Europe.
For an average Bosniak who just want to live peacefully there were no problems, he had all rights and he was happy in that state.
But it wasn't good for someone who would dream about independent Bosnia state.

Methmatician
06-24-2013, 02:23 AM

Someday I will...

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Kony1.jpg

alb0zfinest
06-24-2013, 02:25 AM

Why would he want to move to Bosnia and Herzegovina? :D

Greek God
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Good! you like to betray Christ and join Turk, this is what you get!

Greek God
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Come back to Orthodox! Islam is finished!

Stefan_Dusan
06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
He was Islamized Serb, born as Mihajlo Latas.

In otherwords he become Turk and would be considered Bosniak these days. He was not considered Serb in anyway.

In 20 years after this, Serbs organized rebellions in Herzegovina and then these spread to Bosnia. Your region became independent only to be swallowed by Austria-Hungary. We then killed the archduke to get your freedom again. Big price Serbian nation ended up paying for this.

In end of days, my fellow brother, while Serbs and Bosnians cannot get along anymore, at least look in your souls and give up religion put on you by outsider empire.

Gorštak
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
In otherwords he become Turk and would be considered Bosniak these days. He was not considered Serb in anyway.

In 20 years after this, Serbs organized rebellions in Herzegovina and then these spread to Bosnia. Your region became independent only to be swallowed by Austria-Hungary. We then killed the archduke to get your freedom again. Big price Serbian nation ended up paying for this.

In end of days, my fellow brother, while Serbs and Bosnians cannot get along anymore, at least look in your souls and give up religion put on you by outsider empire.
Well they insulted him that he is just one " ordinary Vlach", so it's obvious that they didn't consider him as one of them even though he was Muslim:laugh:

And about religion put on us by outsider empire, well , Ottomans did not force anyone to become Muslim, while in
medieval Bosnia you would be tortured and killed if inquisition hear that you're not Catholic, or even Catholic with some different elements.

You Serbs(actually you were Vlachs at that time) should be thankful to Ottomans, if they did not populate Bosnia with you that someone can raise sheeps while Bosniaks were fighting around the world you would never come to this side of Drina:P

LightHouse89
12-29-2013, 03:01 AM

why do you want them to put Bosnia on a pedestal? Anyway Bosnia would have done wonderful under the German Reich.

LightHouse89
12-29-2013, 03:04 AM

monotheism religions came from the middle east LOL. A genetic survey of the Balkans would be interesting as it may prove your all Yugoslavs.

LightHouse89
12-29-2013, 03:05 AM
For an average Bosniak who just want to live peacefully there were no problems, he had all rights and he was happy in that state.
But it wasn't good for someone who would dream about independent Bosnia state.

until WW1. Then started the greatest war in modern times. Well not great in that sense as it was a bloody conflict.

RandoBloom
12-29-2013, 09:14 PM

He didnt become a Turk he stayed a Serb. Changing religion doesnt change your nation, as witnessed by Latas, who did horrible crimes on Bosniaks.
He wouldnt be considered a Bosniak, he would be considered a Vlach. Bosniaks are a nationality, not religious group which you can join at your whim.
Serbs never organized any rebelions with intent of independent Bosnia. You just wanted to exterminate us and join Serbia. Even then.
Killed Archduke to win our freedom? And what was that freedom? Ocupation of Bosnia by you? Outlawing of Bosnian language and Bosniak nationality? Forced expulsions and ethnic cleansing? Taking of land from Bosniaks and giving it to Serbs? Great "freedom"

why do you want them to put Bosnia on a pedestal? Anyway Bosnia would have done wonderful under the German Reich.

Bosnia did great things for those who treated it with respect and dignity.

monotheism religions came from the middle east LOL. A genetic survey of the Balkans would be interesting as it may prove your all Yugoslavs.

I hope there is such a survey. It will put an end to Serbian idiocy, if that is even possible