PDA

View Full Version : Lithuania's PM: rumours about Swedbank collapse – hooliganism

Baluarte
06-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Lithuania’s Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius says that there are no threats to Lithuania's banking system. The PM says rumors which doubt operations of one of the commercial banks is hooliganism which may have negative impact on the entire banking system, writes LETA/ELTA.

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/files/multi/2012-08/120813_swedbank.jpg

The PM says that he is constantly in contact with Chairman of the Board of the Bank of Lithuania Vitas Vasiliauskas who presents information about the banking sector.

"I can tell you that these banks do not face any threats and fears for sure. I think that it is hooliganism which may have very painful impact on the bank itself and the entire banking system in Lithuania, "said the PM, on Thursday in an interview on the radio Ziniu Radijas.

As reported, on Wednesday information was released questioning continuity of bank Swedbank operations. The bank says these are ungrounded rumours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, that would be unexpected. I've always believed that the banking system in the Baltic is in a far less problematic situation than what we have here.

Does anyone know more?

Aunt Hilda
06-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Lithuania’s Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevicius says that there are no threats to Lithuania's banking system. The PM says rumors which doubt operations of one of the commercial banks is hooliganism which may have negative impact on the entire banking system, writes LETA/ELTA.

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/files/multi/2012-08/120813_swedbank.jpg

The PM says that he is constantly in contact with Chairman of the Board of the Bank of Lithuania Vitas Vasiliauskas who presents information about the banking sector.

"I can tell you that these banks do not face any threats and fears for sure. I think that it is hooliganism which may have very painful impact on the bank itself and the entire banking system in Lithuania, "said the PM, on Thursday in an interview on the radio Ziniu Radijas.

As reported, on Wednesday information was released questioning continuity of bank Swedbank operations. The bank says these are ungrounded rumours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, that would be unexpected. I've always believed that the banking system in the Baltic is in a far less problematic situation than what we have here.

Does anyone know more?

my bf has a swedbank account. he said that only financially illiterate people believed that nonsense. especially since the ''warnings'' had hundreds on grammatical error in them.