PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Body Hair among Caucasiods

Ultra
06-23-2013, 12:07 AM
I've been wondering, where does all the body hair come from for Europeans, Middle-Easterners and other Caucasiod races and people? Mongoloid and Negroid people seem to be quite hairless in comparison? Why? Is it the legacy of ancient neanderthal admixture among primarily Europeans and Middle-Eastern and other Caucasiod people perhaps? I haven't seen a single black or east Asian person with any body hair in my life so far...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been thinking about this delicate scientifical anthropological matter! Help me out here fellow TA comrades and members and experts!

Caismeachd
06-23-2013, 12:22 AM
I was told its not related to Neanderthals. The gene is supposedly different. Maybe sexual selection or an environmental adaptation but I'm also interested in what others have to say.

alb0zfinest
06-23-2013, 02:02 AM
I was told its not related to Neanderthals. The gene is supposedly different. Maybe sexual selection or an environmental adaptation but I'm also interested in what others have to say.

There is a flaw with that theory. Middle easterners are very hairy yet they aren't in cold climates. They don't need hair to adapt to hot climates.

Steven
06-23-2013, 02:07 AM
I've been wondering, where does all the body hair come from for Europeans, Middle-Easterners and other Caucasiod races and people? Mongoloid and Negroid people seem to be quite hairless in comparison? Why? Is it the legacy of ancient neanderthal admixture among primarily Europeans and Middle-Eastern and other Caucasiod people perhaps? I haven't seen a single black or east Asian person with any body hair in my life so far...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been thinking about this delicate scientifical anthropological matter! Help me out here fellow TA comrades and members and experts!

Probably because Europe used to be under ice and the only people who could survive were hairy ass people.

ChocolateFace
06-23-2013, 02:10 AM
I think Ultra might be right about us getting it from neanderthals. Only partially correct however. Neolithic Meds who haven't mixed much with neanderthals are the hairiest Europeans.

There are Asians and Africans with body hair also.

Caismeachd
06-23-2013, 04:33 AM
Remember that east asians have the same neanderthal % dna as Europeans though.

rashka
06-23-2013, 04:56 AM
There is a flaw with that theory. Middle easterners are very hairy yet they aren't in cold climates. They don't need hair to adapt to hot climates.
I would include Indians/Persians in that too. They are very hairy.

Swearengen
06-23-2013, 07:49 AM
I would assume that blacks lost it living in such a warm climate. Asians lost it due to their low androgen/androgen receptor sensitivity levels.

It isn't something that we gained. We just didn't lose it because it's useful during the winter.

Austo
06-23-2013, 08:10 AM

Much body hair also protects from sunburn.

Arbėrori
06-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I hate body hair, it's such a nuissance. Can't wait to get waxed as usual.

Arbėrori
06-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Wil XX join?

No, I like my men manly.

Methusalem
06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
It is due to mixture between monkeys are humans.

Ivan Kramskoļ
06-28-2013, 10:09 PM
There is a map about this in wikipedia.
What do you guys think ??
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Bodyhair_map_according_to_American_Journal_of_Phys ical_Anthropology_and_other_sources.jpg

Ivan Kramskoļ
06-28-2013, 10:33 PM
no comment ??

Artek
06-28-2013, 10:34 PM
There is a map about this in wikipedia.
What do you guys think ??
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Bodyhair_map_according_to_American_Journal_of_Phys ical_Anthropology_and_other_sources.jpg
Scandinavia being so hairy?

Virtuous
06-28-2013, 10:35 PM

They wax because of feminism.

Artek
06-28-2013, 10:37 PM
They wax because of feminism.
But seriously, it doesn't fit the bill IMHO. We should wait for the oppinions of our apricity Scandoz.

Dengizik
06-28-2013, 10:47 PM

And Northern Japan it seems.

Methusalem
06-28-2013, 10:50 PM

Ainu

Artek
06-28-2013, 10:53 PM
It's more hairy, because of the greater Ainu influences. But I think, that this map is incorrect. Southernmost Japanese (especially Okinawaeans) are also more hairy than people from the middle Japan(hints of acient Aboriginal admixture). Scandinavia also seems to be unbelievably distinctive from the rest. Other hairy parts of Europe are obvious (Mediterranean Sea)

Sarmatian
06-28-2013, 11:11 PM

Yes, there are lots of blonde people with excessive body hair.

Swearengen
06-28-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm surprised at scandinavia. They usually grow patchy beards.

Roy
06-29-2013, 12:29 AM

Our hominid ancestors were also hairy (much more than we are today). We preserved this and others do not to put it very concisely.

ChocolateFace
06-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Scandinavians grow nice beards. That was taking into consideration.

Swearengen
06-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Henrik Zetterberg is the only one I can think of who grows a decent one during hockey playoffs. And even his is scraggly looking.

Artek
06-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Scandinavians grow nice beards. That was taking into consideration.
Yeah, Pallantides is a great example of that. I said, we need some Scandinavians in this thread ;D

Arbėrori
06-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Yeah, Pallantides is a great example of that. I said, we need some Scandinavians in this thread ;D

And I need you... :P

Artek
06-29-2013, 07:23 AM
And I need you... :P
:fdgd: