PDA

View Full Version : My worst trait.....revenge.

Germanicus
09-23-2009, 09:52 PM
It was 1995, a hot saturday afternoon when my neighbour knocked on my door, i invited him in and we sat down and he explained what his visit was about.
He wanted me to agree to him building an extension to his house, our houses were 3 bedroom detached.
He wanted to build a new bedroom onto the side of his house next to my property. After showing me the architects plans and explaining, he asked me straight out if i objected. My neighbour was a pushy individual and it irked me how strong he was trying to come over on me, straight away i said "no" i explained my objection staighting that the sunlight would be blocked from my sitting room window slightly, he turned on his heel and walked out.
The next thing i did was write a letter to the council building authority staighting my objection to his plans. I received the letter of denial 2 weeks later staighting that he could not build the extension.
After that i had no eye contact with my neighbour or communication with him, the noise started after that, the car engine revving up late at night, and his kids throwing all sorts over my fence, the worst part they were throwing food over too, my English springer was eating chicken bones.
My neighbour took his family on a 2 week holiday somewhere, i did'nt ask where as you can imagine.
Whilst they were away one night i had a few drinks outside in the garden, my family was at the grandparents, so the house was empty except for me and my bitch springer.
Putting my drink down i climbed over their fence, i walked around looking about and my eyes fell upon the garden ornaments, gnomes of every description, some fishing, some with gardening tools, there was about 15-20.
I lifted them all up and put them in my garden, i sat back down and had a drink, and thought what i was going to do with my booty. The answer came to me and i opened my garage back door and got the ladder out, and put them in the loft part of the garage, i put an old carpet over them and turned the light off and locked up.
The gnomes stayed in their hideaway for perhaps 2 years, because my neighbour had moved away, eventually i told my wife what i had done and where the gnomes were, she was laughing a lot, but she said "you have kept this secret all this time" to which i replied "yes it was revenge, it's a male thing".
The gnomes were resettled in someone elses garden, because i sold them at a car boot sale, i could'nt have them in my garden could i?

Have you a worse trait?