PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Sucked for me because...

Atlas
12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
With just about two weeks left in the year, here is your "I Hated 2008 Because..."

Jägerstaffel
12-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Pessimistic!
2008 didn't suck for me because I didn't let it suck for me.
Did I do this right?

Loki
12-19-2008, 10:57 PM
A commentator on Fox News said the following in December 2007 ... I can remember it as clear as it was yesterday:

The best thing about 2008, is that it will be over in 12 months.

I'll say this: I can't wait for the dawn of 1 January 2009.

:coffee:

Loki
12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Pessimistic!
2008 didn't suck for me because I didn't let it suck for me.
Did I do this right?

You must have been doing it wrong ... :coffee:

SouthernBoy
12-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I didn't meet her sooner. ;)

Jamt
12-20-2008, 12:58 AM

HawkR
12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Hmm... That humans still excist and continue to lay the world to ruin?

Æmeric
12-20-2008, 02:45 AM
http://www.barackobama.net/pictures/barack-obama-2.jpg

My nation elected it's first (and hopefully last) nigger president.
:mad: :cry2 :speechless-smiley-0 :grumpy: :icon_arghhh: :angry: :thumb down2 :sad_shakefist: :cussing

Eldritch
12-20-2008, 07:50 AM
2008 sucked because I was unemployed and broke for some of it. I've found a new job but won't start it until 2009.

Also 2008 sucks because Christmas is not yet over. Basically, any particular year always sucks until December 27th. I'm sorry if I'm dampening anyone's holiday spirit by saying this, but I really, really do not like Christmas..

So let's see ... four unsucky days per year ... 33 years old ... I guess that means I've had a grand total of 132 non-sucky days in my life. :coffee:

Arrow Cross
12-20-2008, 09:27 AM
2008 sucked because I was unemployed and broke for some of it. I've found a new job but won't start it until 2009.

Also 2008 sucks because Christmas is not yet over. Basically, any particular year always sucks until December 27th. I'm sorry if I'm dampening anyone's holiday spirit by saying this, but I really, really do not like Christmas..

So let's see ... four unsucky days per year ... 33 years old ... I guess that means I've had a grand total of 132 non-sucky days in my life. :coffee:
Perkele!

nUyFg9xoPKk

Eldritch
12-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Hahaha :D :D

I have to get this film soon. Another very "perkele" themed Finnish movie is Paha maa (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388318/) ("Frozen Land"), which I can recommend with no reservations to anyone. ;)

Absinthe
12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
...how optimistic! :D

Well for me it sucked big time because:

-I had a pregnancy that failed

-I had a lot of personal issues to deal with

-My monthly income dropped significantly

-As a result, my credit card debt increased significantly

-...and other, more trivial things.

But 2008 had also good things in store for me. My summer trip to Finland, for example, was one of the best things that happened during this year. :)

My spring trip to Sweden was also awesome. And I met a lot of great people in 2008.

So I guess that...

http://www.notempire.com/images/uploads/ec.jpg

:wink

Eldritch
12-20-2008, 10:41 AM
n0AuJjTUD84

e72ZvSMmPNA

Arrow Cross
12-20-2008, 10:54 AM
...how optimistic! :D
You just gotta love these Finns.

-I had a pregnancy that failed
Aww. Planning to be a mom next year?

Oresai
12-21-2008, 05:27 AM
The recession...in the space of a few months my income dropped so dramatically I was at one point facing bankruptcy. I`m still hanging in by the skin of my teeth, when over forty small businesses per day go under here in Britain. But it`s been awfully hard....
Personal family issues concering my children that are private but have wounded deep and bitten hard.
Death of friends.
Other issues too intense to go into here. :)

But the good thing? I`m not broken by it.
Still standing. And if I can stand, I can fight, and if I can fight, I can win.
And I will....:D

Fortis in Arduis
12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Sucked: I wasted my time on someone who did not know how to care about me.
Silver Lining: I moved to London, a new phase in my life.

Sucked: I spent too much money on restaurants and other indulgences
Silver Lining : I learned, once again, that my home cooked food is best and that indulgences do not make me happy.

Sucked: I was directionless and anxious.
Silver Lining: I learned, once again, that yoga and meditation are my best defence and that they are the only aspiration that I need. All else follows.

Sucked: My relationship with my family was strained and we had arguments. Suddenly it resolved...
Silver Lining: We are talking about it now. Just recently, in a matter of two weeks, we are talking again and I feel hopeful.

Overview: I emerged from a negative relationship and carried on in those patterns for a while after we broke up. I defeated my problem addictions and moved on. I think that I have gone through the 'all or nothing' phase that people often have in their 20s. Although I am happy to take my success and failures as they come and am not so attached to the outcome of my actions, I am more responsible and less fatalistic now.

Eldritch
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
@FiA:

May I ask, what school of yoga you're into? What's your opinion on Ananda Marga?

Fortis in Arduis
12-21-2008, 03:35 PM
@FiA:

May I ask, what school of yoga you're into? What's your opinion on Ananda Marga?

Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is my hatha yoga practise. I have a separate meditation practise.

I only today read about Ananda Marga. It looks respectable. The early controversies I read about in the wikipedia page are unsurprising.

It looks very strict. If you think you would enjoy a beautiful but monkish existence then it would suit you. This is the impression I get.