PDA

View Full Version : Israeli warplanes, drones violate Lebanon’s airspace

Baluarte
06-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Israeli warplanes, drones violate Lebanon’s airspace: Lebanese army

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20130628/kaffash20130628080126030.jpg

Israeli warplanes and drones have violated Lebanon’s airspace and flown over several areas of the country.

The Lebanese Army Command Guidance Directorate said two Israeli drones violated the airspace from above the southern village of al-Naqoura, situated about 91 kilometers (57 miles) south of Beirut at 9:35 a.m. local time (0625 GMT) on Thursday.

According to the report, the Israeli drones also executed circular flights over the southern towns of Baalbeck and Hermel. The drones then left the Lebanese skies at around 8:20 p.m. local time (1720 GMT).

The report further indicated that six Israeli warplanes also breached Lebanon’s airspace at around 11:00 a.m. local time (0800 GMT) and executed circle flights over different parts of the country. They left the airspace at around 7:20 p.m. local time (1420 GMT).

Israel violates Lebanon’s airspace on an almost daily basis, claiming the flights serve surveillance purposes.

Lebanon’s government, the Hezbollah resistance movement, and the UN Interim Force in Lebanon, known as UNIFIL, have repeatedly condemned the Israeli overflights, saying they are in clear violation of UN Resolution 1701 and the Lebanese sovereignty.

UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which brokered a ceasefire in the war of aggression Israel launched on Lebanon in 2006, calls on Tel Aviv to respect Lebanon’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.

In 2009, Lebanon filed a complaint with the United Nations, presenting over 7,000 documents pertaining to Israeli violations of the Lebanese territory.

MKA/HSN

----

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/28/311187/israeli-aircraft-fly-over-lebanon/

Anglojew
06-29-2013, 12:17 PM
It's not a violation it's since they were in the territory of Greater Israel. The borders just need to be adjusted.

Baluarte
06-29-2013, 12:24 PM
It's not a violation it's since they were in the territory of Greater Israel. The borders just need to be adjusted.

Expansionism never ends up well. Specially for a country whose armed forces only excels at killing civilians.

Anglojew
06-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Expansionism never ends up well. Specially for a country whose armed forces only excels at killing civilians.

Yes I agree the Lebanese and Hezballah forces shouldn't target civilians.

Baluarte
06-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes I agree the Lebanese and Hezballah forces shouldn't target civilians.

Reread the sentence. The only expansionist effort comes from Israel, as you've admitted yourself.

(s)AINT
06-29-2013, 12:30 PM

Agreed, the borders need to be adjusted back to the way it was before 1940's.

Anglojew
06-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Reread the sentence. The only expansionist effort comes from Israel, as you've admitted yourself.

It's not expansionism because Israel looks like this;
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/images/greater-israel-map5.jpg

RandoBloom
06-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Ever since there is Israel in Mid East there has been no peace. Now the conflict has spilled in Europe and USA

RandoBloom
06-29-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/images/greater-israel-map5.jpg

Actualy it doesnt. It goes from Eufrates to Nile river all allong its lenght, and everything in between them is for Isreel. Anyoene found there was to be killed. We will see how that happens if USA cuts its help ;)

Anglojew
06-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Actualy it doesnt. It goes from Eufrates to Nile river all allong its lenght, and everything in between them is for Isreel. Anyoene found there was to be killed. We will see how that happens if USA cuts its help ;)

If the USA cuts its aid Bosnia will revert to being Serbian.

Anglojew
06-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Ever since there were Muslims in Balkans there has been no peace. Now the conflict has spilled in Europe and USA

YeshAtid
06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Why doesn't israel start a mass conversion process ?

Anglojew
06-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Why doesn't israel start a mass conversion process ?

Twofold reason.

Israel isn't an imperialistic power seeking to impose it's culture upon others.

Jews have seldom sought converts on a mass scale.

That being said I think it's a pretty good idea.

Annihilus
06-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Twofold reason.

Israel isn't an imperialistic power seeking to impose it's culture upon others.

Jews have seldom sought converts on a mass scale.

That being said I think it's a pretty good idea.

Judaism has known an expansion by conversion period (just like Christianity and Islam)

Or are you telling me all these haplogroups are native to Israel?

Ydna
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/files/jewhaplogroup.png

Mtdna
http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/figures/1471-2164-9-198-1.jpg

RussiaPrussia
06-30-2013, 08:42 PM

totally agree israel has a right to exist thats all what Zionism means

Philo
06-30-2013, 08:53 PM
It's funny to see Baluarte being pawned by Anglojew. I never get tired of it. :)

randomguy1235
06-30-2013, 08:56 PM
It's funny to see Baluarte being pawned by Anglojew. I never get tired of it. :)

Pawned? I don't think that's the correct word for this context. Anyways, why does Israel need to expand its borders? Aren't they content with the, supposedly, anointed land of Palestine?

RandoBloom
06-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Pawned? I don't think that's the correct word for this context. Anyways, why does Israel need to expand its borders? Aren't they content with the, supposedly, anointed land of Palestine?

Nope :P
20 milion Jews of the world require the 20 milion square kilometers of teritory.

Baluarte
07-01-2013, 11:00 AM

Dunno myself. I suppose he projects "pwned" whenever we talk about something.

Philo
07-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Dunno myself. I suppose he projects "pwned" whenever we talk about something.

It just always happens.

I'm against it. No need to add more M00slims to the country so they can kill everybody else.

randomguy1235
07-02-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm against it. No need to add more M00slims to the country so they can kill everybody else.

That's the sole reason you're against it? Not because you'd consider it belligerence/transgression on Israel's part?

Philo
07-02-2013, 04:21 AM
That's the sole you're against it? Not because you'd consider it belligerence/transgression on Israel's part?

Well that might be true too, but I don't even need to ponder that possibility seeing as I already rendered it harmful.

Formozgan
08-10-2013, 11:19 PM

LOL. I am sure you are perfectly aware this is not going to happen anytime. Some people say Israel is a cancer in the Middle East. I would be inclined to say it's just a zist.

In case you did not know, Hezbollah flies drones over Israel relatively often as well. Hezbollah is more than enough at keeping Israel and your laughable IDF at bay.

YeshAtid
08-10-2013, 11:30 PM
:picard1:

Philo
08-10-2013, 11:44 PM
barberis, I already told you how to deal with trolls, simply ignore them, all they do is lie. There is no point in talking with people who are close-minded.

Shah-Jehan
08-11-2013, 12:52 AM
barberis, I already told you how to deal with trolls, simply ignore them, all they do is lie. There is no point in talking with people who are close-minded.

Most of Barberis's posts are emoticons rather than actual words and sentences, it's as if he is the one trolling everyone:laugh:

1stLightHorse
08-11-2013, 01:06 AM
LOL. I am sure you are perfectly aware this is not going to happen anytime. Some people say Israel is a cancer in the Middle East. I would be inclined to say it's just a zist.

In case you did not know, Hezbollah flies drones over Israel relatively often as well. Hezbollah is more than enough at keeping Israel and your laughable IDF at bay.

Hezbollah is enough to keep Israel at bay? Which nuclear weapons does Hezbollah possess?

They're lucky Israel doesn't respond disproportionately (even though they're accused of doing so all the time, hypocritically).

Formozgan
08-11-2013, 01:13 AM
Hezbollah is enough to keep Israel at bay? Which nuclear weapons does Hezbollah possess?

They're lucky Israel doesn't respond disproportionately (even though they're accused of doing so all the time, hypocritically).

Israel use of nuclear weapons would mean their very own demise.

Also:

Israel's Military Invincibility Dented by Hezbollah
by Thalif Deen

UNITED NATIONS - Israel's phenomenal victories against collective Arab armies in 1967 and later against Egypt in 1973 firmly established the Jewish state's legendary military superiority in the Middle East.

The 1967 war -- called the Six Day War -- was so swift it ended in less than a week, with Egypt losing 264 aircraft and 700 battle tanks; Jordan 22 aircraft and 125 tanks, and Syria 58 aircraft and 105 tanks.

The only equipment losses suffered by Israel in the 1967 war were 40 aircraft and 100 battle tanks, according to Dilip Hiro, a Middle East analyst based in London.

The war ended with Israel capturing East Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, Bethlehem, Hebron, Jenin, Nablus, the Golan Heights and Sharm al-Shaikh -- some of which are still under occupation despite U.N. Security Council resolutions seeking Israeli withdrawal.

But as the relentless military attacks against Hezbollah and Lebanon continue into the second month, the duration of the current conflict and the resistance by the Islamic militia have dented Israel's reputation of military invincibility in the Middle East.

"Hezbollah has succeeded in preventing Israel from achieving any of its strategic objectives, and most of its tactical objectives as well," says Mouin Rabbani, contributing editor to the Washington-based Middle East Report.

"Arguably, Israel is fighting the war Hezbollah prepared for, rather than the war Israel intended to conduct," Rabbani told IPS.

He believes that Israel's strategy was to deliver a rapid and devastating military blow against Hezbollah.

"And it wanted to reinforce this by generating official and popular Lebanese pressure against the movement by devastating Lebanon's infrastructure, creating a mass exodus from southern Lebanon, and making the civilian population pay, in life and limb, for Hezbollah's actions and its support for the movement."

One month later, Rabbani said, "the shock and awe in this campaign appears to have mainly been inflicted upon, rather than by, Israel."

It is often said that in confrontations between conventional military forces and guerilla movements, "the latter win by not losing and the former lose by not winning", Rabbani noted. This certainly appears to be the case here.

Nadia Hijab, a senior fellow at the Washington-based Institute for Palestine Studies, says in one sense, Hezbollah has already won, if anyone can be considered a winner when there has been such enormous death and destruction.

"They have stood their ground against Israel longer than any combination of Arab armies in 1967 or 1973, and inflicted heavy casualties," Hijab told IPS.

Their fighters are very well trained, disciplined, battle-hardened through fighting against Israel during its 18-year occupation of southern Lebanon, and well-armed.

A crop of newspaper headlines in the U.S. mainstream media spell out of the dramatic new development in the Middle East: "Israel Facing a Well-Trained and Supplied Army"; "A Disciplined Hezbollah Surprises Israel with its Training, Tactics and Weapons"; "Hezbollah Unleashes Fiery Barrage"; "Among Militia's Patient Loyalists, Confidence and Belief in Victory."

A piece in Saturday's New York Times not only singled out Hezbollah's military prowess but also its charitable and social services which have helped the movement to win strong support from the average Lebanese.

"Hezbollah fighters move like shadows across the mountains of southern Lebanon; its workers in towns and villages, equally as ghostly, have settled deeply into people's lives. They cover medical bills, offer health insurance, pay school fees and make seed money available for small businesses," said the Times.

Still, even though Hezbollah is a recognised political party with two of its members in the Lebanese cabinet, the United States continues to treat it as "a terrorist organisation."

Last week, the 25-member European Union (EU) rejected a request by Washington, and refused to include Hezbollah on its list of terrorist organisations. "Given the sensitive situation where we are, I don't think this is something we will be acting on now," said Finnish Foreign Minister Erkki Tuomioja, whose country is the current president of the EU.

Robert A. Pape, a professor of political science at the University of Chicago, says that Israel has finally conceded that air power alone will not defeat Hezbollah.

"Over the coming weeks, it will learn that ground power won't work either. The problem is not that the Israelis have insufficient military might, but that they misunderstand the nature of the enemy," he said in an op-ed piece last week.

Contrary to conventional wisdom, Hezbollah is principally neither a political party nor an Islamist militia. It is a broad movement that evolved in reaction to Israel's invasion of Lebanon in June 1982, said Pape, author of "Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism".

Hijab of the Institute for Palestine Studies said that Israel and the United States have made much of the fact that Hezbollah is supplied by Iran -- but it is in fact Israel that had to receive rushed deliveries of additional bombs and fuel to supplement the three billion dollars plus it already gets each year from the United States, the bulk of it in outright military grants financed by U.S. taxpayers.

Most importantly, Hezbollah believes its cause is just, and a majority of people in Lebanon and throughout the Arab and Muslim worlds agree, she said.

Hezbollah's immediate objectives were the release of Lebanese and other Arab prisoners held in Israeli jails, return of the occupied Shebaa Farms, and the release by Israel, as previously agreed, of maps showing the location of some 300,000 landmines (now doubtless many more) Israel had left behind in Lebanon, Hijab said.

"But the extent of Hezbollah's preparedness underscores the extent to which they see Israel as an implacable enemy that is determined to extinguish the last flames of Arab nationalist resistance," she said.

Though they may not have expected Israel's massive response on this occasion, Hezbollah knew the fight would come one day, and they were ready, she added.

Rabbani of the Middle East Report pointed out that the Israeli government has in fact continually adjusted its objectives downwards -- from the eradication of Hezbollah, to its disarmament, to the elimination of its missile capabilities, to the removal of its long-range missile capabilities, to pushing the movement north of the Litani river, to creating a free-fire zone south of the Litani pending the arrival of foreign forces.

If things continue as they are it is quite likely the latter will need to be revised as well, Rabbani predicted.

He also said that Hezbollah appears to have had good intelligence about Israel while Israel had weak intelligence about Hezbollah. For example, Hezbollah understood that the core of Israel's military doctrine is to ensure that any military confrontation be transferred as rapidly as possible to enemy territory. "It therefore undertook measures to undermine this fundamental principle, both by heavily defending territory immediately inside Lebanon, and conducting persistent rocket attacks on Israeli territory."

"It is often said that one of the Israeli military's strongest features is its capacity to learn from its mistakes and to do so quickly enough to make a difference. This quality has not been much in evidence in the current war," he added.

Take into account this is assymetrical warfare. Besides, if they nuke Lebanon, as I mentioned; this would cause radiation waves to get Israel caught into the blast. We are not talking about huge countries here.

1stLightHorse
08-11-2013, 01:29 AM

Also:

Take into account this is assymetrical warfare. Besides, if they nuke Lebanon, as I mentioned; this would cause radiation waves to get Israel caught into the blast. We are not talking about huge countries here.

Their own demise? :lol: Ionizing radiation only travels a few miles from a blast site. How do you think they test Nuclear weapons all over America? Go and read more about nuclear technology.
This wouldn't be anything like Chernobyl or Fukushima.

I don't even know if this is what you were referring to by 'demise', whether the actual radiation fallout or whether you're talking about nuclear responses from other states.

Shah-Jehan
08-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Their own demise? :lol: Ionizing radiation only travels a few miles from a blast site. How do you think they test Nuclear weapons all over America? Go and read more about nuclear technology.

I don't even know if this is what you were referring to by 'demise', whether the actual radiation fallout or whether you're talking about nuclear responses from other states.
He's probably talking about the responses from other states, although health conditions in the affected areas might also cause their supposed demise...

1stLightHorse
08-11-2013, 01:34 AM
He's probably talking about the responses from other states, although health conditions in the affected areas might also cause their supposed demise...

It wouldn't affect their health, imo. Israel could nuke central Lebanon (baalbak) without any worries at all about fallout issues.

If they nuked right on the Southern border with Lebanon (also hezbollah stronghold), this may cause issues. However...Do you know how small Southern lebanon is??? You could literally wipe it off the map with JDAM's. You don't need a nuke. So what is the argument? This is what i'm talking about disproportionate responses. The only thing stopping them from annihilating their enemies are their own decisions. Peace is in their interest for survivability and longevity of their own state.

Formozgan
08-11-2013, 01:35 AM

-Haifa and other main Israeli northern cities are less than a few miles away from Hezbollah strongholds (most close to Israel borders) where any blast could possibly occur.

-USA does most of its nuclear testing in uninhabitated deserts, not close to densely populated areas (the Levant is very densely populated).

Realistically it would be both of them. Remember war and strategy is more than just throwing a few nukes.

Anglojew
08-11-2013, 01:38 AM

Also:

Notice how Muslims boast about inflicting casaulties on others yet are the first to whine about their own.

Shah-Jehan
08-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Notice how Muslims boast about inflicting casaulties on others yet are the first to whine about their own.

Notice how Jews assume things...

Formozgan
08-11-2013, 01:41 AM

It is rich you say this as an "Anglojew", considering yahuds and Israelis like to whine about the "holocaust" and their treatment under the 3rd reich yet are also quite open in their hubris of saying all their neighbors are subhumans and keep boasting about their expansionism.

I am not really a Muslim, but I support the Islamic republic's and Hezbollah's stance with the Zionist entity fully.

1stLightHorse
08-11-2013, 01:49 AM
-Haifa and other main Israeli northern cities are less than a few miles away from Hezbollah strongholds (most close to Israel borders) where any blast could possibly occur.

-USA does most of its nuclear testing in uninhabitated deserts, not close to densely populated areas (the Levant is very densely populated).

Realistically it would be both of them. Remember war and strategy is more than just throwing a few nukes.

http://www.historicjesus.com/maps/images/israel.gif

Look how small southern Lebanon is. They don't need to use nuclear weapons to destroy it. They could use a MOAB, JDAM's & other conventional bombs.

Formozgan
08-11-2013, 01:51 AM
http://www.historicjesus.com/maps/images/israel.gif

Look how small southern Lebanon is. They don't need to use nuclear weapons to destroy it. They could use a MOAB, JDAM's & other conventional bombs.

I will agree with you that it can be wiped if Israelis just went really insane. However, that they can destroy it doesn't mean this wouldn't happen without very serious consequences inflicted upon them as well.

Either way, this somehow lessens your first point of nuclear weaponry. Hezbollah could bomb Northern Israel without having any sort of nuclear arsenals as well. I'm sure you agree nukes are not the only component in war?

Shah-Jehan
08-11-2013, 01:54 AM
I will agree with you that it can be wiped if Israelis just went really insane. However, that they can destroy it doesn't mean this wouldn't happen without very serious consequences inflicted upon them as well.

Harming Southern Lebanon and Hezbollah would give Iran a very good reason to act upon Israel which might lead to it's downfall...

Anglojew
08-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Notice how Jews assume things...

Formozgan posted this in his article by Thalif Deen. Not an assumption, heven highlighted his favorite parts about casaulties

Shah-Jehan
08-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Formozgan posted this in his article by Thalif Deen. Not an assumption, heven highlighted his favorite parts about casaulties

If he said he was Muslim, then it's not an assumption...

Formozgan
08-11-2013, 02:21 AM

-I'm not a Muslim. I'm also not an Arab. Even if Iran has had an historic tendency to imperialism, it has not carried out an aggression to a foreign or nearby nation in around 70 years, which is longer than Israel's existence where they have been harassing their neighbors ever since. This thread is a good example of a very typical Israeli passive-aggressive attack.

-I mentioned casualties only because he mentioned something about nuclear and military capacity. He appeared to diminish Hezbollah to a mere bunch of vandals. In reality they are a very complex network that doesn't only engage in warfare, yet they have proved they can consistently retaliate.

-I don't necessarily support all of the ideas of the author, but the main point is still there and has been observed by a large range of authors of diverse backgrounds. There are more detailed articles on this matter:

At this point, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert made a political decision: he would deploy the full might of the IDF to defeat Hezbollah at the same time that his top aides signaled Israel’s willingness to accept a ceasefire and the deployment of an international force. Olmert determined that Israel should not tip its hand–it would accept the deployment of a United Nations force, but only as a last resort.

First, he decided, Israel would say that it would accept a North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) force. In keeping with this strategy, Israeli reserve forces were called to the front on July 21. The surprise call-up (the IDF was to defeat Hezbollah first from the air, and then–if that failed–use its regular forces, with no reserve forces to be called) made the initial deployment of the reserves hurried and uncoordinated. (It is, to repeat, likely that Israel did not believe it would have to call on its reserves during the conflict, or it would have called them much earlier.)

Moreover, the decision to call the reserves took key senior reserve officers, usually the first to be notified of a pending call-up, by surprise. The reserve call-up was handled chaotically–with the reserve "tail" of logistical support lagging some 24-48 hours behind the deployment of reserve forces.

The July 21 call-up was a clear sign to military strategists in the Pentagon that Israel’s war was not going well. It also helps to explain why Israeli reserve troops arrived at the front without the necessary equipment, without a coherent battle plan, and without the munitions necessary to carry on the fight. (Throughout the conflict, Israel struggled to provide adequate support to its reserve forces: food, ammunition and even water supplies reached units a full 24-48 hours behind a unit’s appearance at its assigned northern deployment zones.)

The effect of this was immediately perceived by military observers. "Israeli troops looked unprepared, sloppy and demoralized," one former senior US commander noted. "This wasn’t the vaunted IDF that we saw in previous wars."

In keeping with Olmert’s political ploy, the IDF’s goal of the total destruction of Hezbollah was also being markedly scaled back. "There is one line between our military objectives and our political objectives," Brigadier-General Ido Nehushtan, a member of Israel’s general staff, said on the day after the reserve call-up. "The goal is not necessarily to eliminate every Hezbollah rocket. What we must do is disrupt the military logic of Hezbollah. I would say that this is still not a matter of days away."

This was a decidedly strange way of presenting a military strategy–to conduct a war to "disrupt the military logic" of an enemy. Nehushtan’s statement had a chilling effect on IDF ground commanders, who wondered exactly what the war’s goals were. But other IDF commanders were upbeat–while the IAF had failed to stop Hezbollah rocket attacks on Israeli cities, fewer rockets were fired at Israel from July 19-21 than at any other time (a very small number on July 19, perhaps as few as 40 on July 20 and 50 on July 22).

July 22 also marks the first time that the United States responded militarily to the conflict. Late on the day of the 21st, the White House received a request from Olmert and the IDF for the provision of large amounts of precision-guided munitions–another telltale sign that the IAF had failed in its mission to degrade Hezbollah military assets significantly during the opening rounds of the war.

You can read more:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HJ12Ak01.html

Shah-Jehan
08-11-2013, 02:23 AM
-I'm not a Muslim. I'm also not an Arab. Even if Iran has had an historic tendency to imperialism, it has not carried out an aggression to a foreign or nearby nation in around 70 years, which is longer than Israel's existence where they have been harassing their neighbors ever since. This thread is a good example of a very typical Israeli passive-aggressive attack.

-I mentioned casualties only because he mentioned something about nuclear and military capacity. He appeared to diminish Hezbollah to a mere bunch of vandals. In reality they are a very complex network that doesn't only engage in warfare, yet they have proved they can consistently retaliate.

-I don't necessarily support all of the ideas of the author, but the main point is still there and has been observed by a large range of authors of diverse backgrounds. There are more detailed articles on this matter:

You can read more:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HJ12Ak01.html
Anglojew wanted to troll you, he got caught in the trolling himself...