PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if a black hole came close to the Earth?

Mans not hot
07-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I have an interesting questions in my mind that I want you to answer me; Is it theoretical for a black hole to have an effect on the planet earth? if so (and even if not so) what would happen if such a black hole drifted close enough to hit our planet?

101DT
07-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Lets hope it gets stuffed with the Polish and Poland;

Mans not hot
07-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Lets hope it gets stuffed with the German and Germany;
I pretty much agree with you.

Ultra
07-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I pretty much agree with you.

Lets hope it gets stuffed with the Polish and Poland;
Rather Africa and the Middle-East than my Slavic and Germanic brothers. :rolleyes:

101DT
07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Rather Africa and the Middle-East than my Slavic and Germanic brothers. :rolleyes:

Dont worry nothing Germanic about Poland;
The Polish lies and injustice made sure of that;

Mans not hot
07-01-2013, 09:46 PM
^Who said Poland is Germanic country, you moron? Stop talking nonsense, so I suggest you to get off this thread.

MelinusMargos
07-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Earth would be captured by his gravity, adsorbed, compressed to a nut and bye bye world. simple.
imagine a ball on a net(space-time), a star is a small ball with huge mass on the net, and its depht in the net is its gravity. A black hole is a proper hole in the net which leads out the hole to a unknown space/time condition. Everything thrown on the net is attracted by it and evrything falls in the hole further raising up its mass similiarly as to the star but a lot more.

http://www.levelord.com/images/2004/april/blackhole.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0VOn9r4dq8

Mans not hot
07-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks for useful post, MelinusMargos. I aware that if a black hole came close to the earth, the earth would disappeared like we don't see that coming, but is there a way to stop black hole? I'm guessing its impossible.

MelinusMargos
07-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Thanks for useful post, MelinusMargos. I aware that if a black hole came close to the earth, the earth would disappeared like we don't see that coming, but is there a way to stop black hole? I'm guessing its impossible.

No way. By the way black holes don't move at all towards us, we move towards them. I presume them to be ultrastable in their position according to their strong gravity and absurdly high mass.
That's why galaxies often looks like spirals, because there is a uberbig black hole in the center of them eating everything(light comprised) around them.

http://www.solosfondi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wallpaper-andromeda-galassia.jpg

Mans not hot
07-01-2013, 11:05 PM
No way. By the way black holes don't move at all towards us, we move towards them. I presume them to be ultrastable in their position according to their strong gravity and absurdly high mass.
That's why galaxies often looks like spirals, because there is a uberbig black hole in the center of them.]
That remind me of vacuum that by means of suction collects dust and small particles from floors and other surfaces. Similar to black holes, but not exactly same. However, I am cognizant that its very impossible to stop black holes, but according to looney scientist, they said otherwise.

MelinusMargos
07-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah, that's basically how it works. Light itself presents a particle nature so it's adsorbed like dust.