PDA

View Full Version : come up with your own definition of racism

Mortimer
07-02-2013, 06:14 AM
i dont know the exact definition of racism but i would describe it as a belief which puts race as important dividing factor between classes of humans. (that race should be important to divide the humans)

1stLightHorse
07-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Racism is just the recognition and distinction of the phenotypical variance in the Human species.

Thus, Races are sub-species.

Racism, in the literal sense is not related at all to prejudice. We only have human ignorance to thank for that.

Smeagol
07-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Racism is acknowledging racial differences.

Mortimer
07-02-2013, 06:45 AM

i dont think that. only recognising racial differences is race realism but the empasis on race as dividing point between classes of humans is racism. like racial seperation or white pride (pride in own's race is already racist because you race is so much important for you as dividing point that you go out of your way to be proud)

alfieb
07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Treating people differently based on their race. There is positive racism and negative racism.

Smeagol
07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
i dont think that. only recognising racial differences is race realism but the empasis on race as dividing point between classes of humans is racism. like racial seperation or white pride (pride in own's race is already racist because you race is so much important for you as dividing point that you go out of your way to be proud)

Do you think it's wrong to have pride in your race?

Mortimer
07-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Do you think it's wrong to have pride in your race?

i think yes, because i dont think race should be as important dividing factor between humans, i want a "colourblind" society where racial differences are past. if you are proud of race you emphasize race as very important in every day life.

Smeagol
07-02-2013, 07:07 AM
i think yes, because i dont think race should be as important dividing factor between humans, i want a "colourblind" society where racial differences are past. if you are proud of race you emphasize race as very important in every day life.

But there are racial differences, so a ''colourblind'' society isn't ideal, we have to recognize racial differences. People should also be proud of their race.

Mortimer
07-02-2013, 07:09 AM
But there are racial differences, so a ''colourblind'' society isn't ideal, we have to recognize racial differences. People should also be proud of their race.

i believe racial differences are superficial only. i dont believe it is important to group humans into races. maybe just for the record like on census but not to treat them differently. if you are proud of your race you obviously will treat races differently

riverman
07-02-2013, 07:09 AM

How is this different from emphasizing or taking pride in ones ethnicity/culture??

Mortimer
07-02-2013, 07:11 AM
How is this different from emphasizing or taking pride in ones ethnicity/culture??

usually ethno-centrics have a racist connotation because ethnicity is also associated with race. im against all forms of racism, and nationalism. culture is the way we live and that can be choosen so i dont see it as the same.

Smeagol
07-02-2013, 07:19 AM
i believe racial differences are superficial only.

I don't believe that.

alfieb
07-02-2013, 07:23 AM
He more-or-less has to think the way he does due to the fact that he doesn't feel accepted by any race, and doesn't have any pride. It's a perspective that that you or I couldn't really understand.

Methusalem
07-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Treating people differently based on their race. There is positive racism and negative racism.

My point too.

Methusalem
07-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Why should someone take pride in his 'own race/ethnicity' etc.? I only take pride in MY OWN ACHIEVEMENTS!

Han Cholo
07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Easy, those who don't agree with me.

Lemon Kush
07-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Gigolo for president 2016

Ivan Kramskoļ
07-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Old definition:Belief in the existence of a hierarchy among the different human races.
Modern definition:Reject of people from a different race than yours.

Mortimer
07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
He more-or-less has to think the way he does due to the fact that he doesn't feel accepted by any race, and doesn't have any pride. It's a perspective that that you or I couldn't really understand.

so you try to downtalk everything i said with a short ad hominem, typical of your untermenschen behaviour you usually display on apricity. because "i have to think that way" or "because im mixed" i must be wrong? and you are right? it is like saying a gay person cant support gay rights because he is gay and therefore must be wrong or a jew cant support israel, a black person cant be against apartheid etc. because he is wrong.

Anglojew
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Racism is the judgement caused by the acknowledgment that inherited traits can be superior or inferior in different human populations.

Ultra
07-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Modern definition of racism is to show any form of disagreement to any level with the current mainstream globalistic, politically correct multiculturalistic mass-immigration ideals and political agenda. :rotfl:

RussiaPrussia
07-02-2013, 02:05 PM
racism is realism as races are reality

Graham
07-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Being derogatory to another group of people, of different features & culture.

Peikko
07-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Being derogatory to another group of people, of different features & culture.

I have to say, that I'm definitely guilty of this at this forum. I've trolled alfieb and also made some negative comments about Russians. I don't even have negative prejudices about Russians, so I don't know what's the matter with me. Sevruk just pisses me off sometimes.

LightHouse89
01-11-2014, 12:16 AM

in a way its healthy but people can go to far with it. however its natural, fun, diverse and everyone can do it.

dude
01-11-2014, 12:23 AM
If coming from white person: A person with light skin.
If coming from black person: The definition does not exists in the black book.

KidMulat
01-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Institutionalized and Systematic discrimination based on race.

Therefore only those with the most collective power can be racist, from any other group its bigotry/prejudice.

LightHouse89
01-11-2014, 12:34 AM
the opposite of what martin luther king said ;)

Taiga Lake
02-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Understanding that there are differences between races.

GrebluBro
02-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Caring person's race in friendship and relationship is racism => my personal opinion

Checking person's race when hiring is not racism => Liberal's opinion :picard2:

Who is racist here?

cally
02-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Racist people make me cringee

The King, I am
02-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Racism is when you consider an entire race, wether it be the negroid race, the cushitic race, The semitic race.... inferior to your own in ways that they are not :/

Cleitus
02-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Racism is a Term found by a Marxist Jew, to determinate Nationalistic feelings and Racial self-assurance.

1stLightHorse
02-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Why are you proud of being Roma then? Stop it.