PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these two looks more typical for Bulgaria to you?

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:10 AM
1.http://gong.bg/uploads/news_images/201204/photo_verybig_267809.jpeg
http://gong.bg/uploads/photos_more/200711/path_313.jpg
http://bgvolleyball.com/pictures/volleyball/pic_big/gallery/HukuMAPKOB/EvaYaneva_11.jpg

http://static.bnt.bg/public/files/articles/201108/thumb_400x300_57949.jpg
http://www.gong.bg/uploads/news_images/201109/photo_verybig_226619.jpg
http://bgvolleyball.com/pictures/volleyball/pic_big/gallery/HukuMAPKOB/StrashimiraFilipova_11.jpg

Atlantic Islander
07-03-2013, 09:11 AM
I've never met a Bulgarian person in my entire life, so I don't know.

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I've never met a Bulgarian person in my entire life, so I don't know.

Why do you post then :lol:

The reason I made this topic is because somebody in Anthroscape said something :D

Lobotomist
07-03-2013, 09:17 AM
First.

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:17 AM
First.

Can the second fit in Norway?

Vulcho
07-03-2013, 09:18 AM
The first of course.

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:20 AM
The first of course.

So, she doesn't look Levantine to you? Because a Bulgarian in another forum said she does.

Lemon Kush
07-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Second.

Sikeliot
07-03-2013, 03:00 PM
First girl looks Sicilian. Second girl looks German.

The first.

Archduke
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Because a Bulgarian in another forum said she does.

He must be retarded.

I voted for the first one.

sgillespie
07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Both
Bulgaria is not a super-southern land (it is comprised roughly from the 44' to the 41'30 parallels) to make a comparison, the north of Bulgaria is up to South of France/Northern Italy(Emilia Romagna) to southern Latium/Latina. It is not comparable to the real southern euro lands like S.Italy and Greece.

Trun
07-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Both
Bulgaria is not a super-southern land (it is comprised roughly from the 44' to the 41'30 parallels) to make a comparison, the north of Bulgaria is up to South of France/Northern Italy(Emilia Romagna) to southern Latium/Latina. It is not comparable to the real southern euro lands like S.Italy and Greece.

Dude, the second girl looks plain North German/Dutch. She doesn't even look Slavic like Russian or Polish.

I agree with you Bulgaria isn't like Southern Italy and Greece but to be a place where both Med and Germanic types are equally common? Naaah.

Mans not hot
07-03-2013, 07:06 PM
There is no such thing as Slavic look, Twitch. Slavic look=/= Russian and Polish. Slavs varies in terms of appearance.

Roy
07-03-2013, 07:08 PM
The first one. The second would be ''Aryan'' according to Dacul I bet. :thumb001:, I disagree that she (2nd one) looks German, this is not overly typical look for them.

Trun
07-03-2013, 07:09 PM
There is no such thing as Slavic look, Twitch. Slavic look=/= Russian and Polish. Slavs varies in terms of appearance.

The common perception for "Slavic look" is sort of Balto-Alpinid common in Poland and Russia but you are right. Of course the first (Eva Yaneva) looks Slavic (as she is a Slav) - but people think she doesn't because she appears to be Pontid.

sgillespie
07-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Dude, the second girl looks plain North German/Dutch. She doesn't even look Slavic like Russian or Polish.

I agree with you Bulgaria isn't like Southern Italy and Greece but to be a place where both Med and Germanic types are equally common? Naaah.
Bulgaria is located at the same latitude of Central and Central North Italy, still it is not comparable to Italy (that is a med country)ethnically because people in Bulgaria are more slavic (in Italy, this component is virtually non existent) nor can be compared climatically being Bulgaria way colder than the correspondent part of Italy.

Trun
07-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Bulgaria is located at the same latitude of Central and Central North Italy, still it is not comparable to Italy (that is a med country)ethnically because people in Bulgaria are more slavic (in Italy, this component is virtually non existent) nor can be compared climatically being Bulgaria way colder than the correspondent part of Italy.

Bulgarians don't look like Central Italians because the Northern component in Bulgarians is Baltic and in Central Italians is North Atlantic.

Climate doesn't matter at all (Bulgarian summers are the same as Italian summers by the way). What I'm trying to say is that you can find more like the first than like the second here.

Mans not hot
07-03-2013, 07:30 PM
The common perception for "Slavic look" is sort of Balto-Alpinid common in Poland and Russia but you are right. Of course the first (Eva Yaneva) looks Slavic (as she is a Slav) - but people think she doesn't because she appears to be Pontid.
I guess you're talking about ''pan'' Slavic look which present in most Slavic countries, but I don't consider Balto-Alpinid to be pan-Slavic looking type. I would say Dinaro-Baltoid/vice versa and Nordpontid-Baltoid/Gorid mixed are pretty much standard pan-Slavic looking types, but that's just my opinion. Besides, Balto-Alpinoids and Baltids are not common in Poland, since most people I know are rather far away from round face, stocky and short, etc.

Trun
07-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I guess you're talking about ''pan'' Slavic look which present in most Slavic countries, but I don't consider Balto-Alpinid to be pan-Slavic looking type. I would say Dinaro-Baltoid/vice versa and Nordpontid-Baltoid/Gorid mixed are pretty much standard pan-Slavic looking types, but that's just my opinion. Besides, Balto-Alpinoids and Baltids are not common in Poland, since most people I know are rather far away from round face, stocky and short, etc.

I consider Norid and Baltid mixes, together with Gorid to be types present in all Slavs. I have seen Gorid Bulgarians who are tanned, dark-haired and dark-eyed but look unmistakeably Eastern European and would stand out in Albania, Greece and Italy.

sgillespie
07-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Bulgarians don't look like Central Italians because the Northern component in Bulgarians is Baltic and in Central Italians is North Atlantic.

Climate doesn't matter at all (Bulgarian summers are the same as Italian summers by the way). What I'm trying to say is that you can find more like the first than like the second here.
That I totally agree, Baltids in Bulgaria and N.Atlantid in Central Italy.

About the weather, summers can be similar, but the rest of the year is way warmer and sunnier in central Italy just because we are in the med. Weather counts in a way that the sunnier the climate, the darker the population tend to be.

Mans not hot
07-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I consider Norid and Baltid mixes, together with Gorid to be types present in all Slavs. I have seen Gorid Bulgarians who are tanned, dark-haired and dark-eyed but look unmistakeably Eastern European and would stand out in Albania, Greece and Italy.
Could you post a pics of pan Slavic looking to your opinion?

Roy
07-03-2013, 07:58 PM

She looks Slavic in this sense that she is Bulgarian but she would really stick out in Poland (as the vast majority of Bulgarians anyway).

Mans not hot
07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
*Deleted*

Trun
07-03-2013, 08:39 PM
She looks Slavic in this sense that she is Bulgarian but she would really stick out in Poland (as the vast majority of Bulgarians anyway).

I don't know if the vast majority of Bulgarians would really stick out in Poland...maybe a group of 10 people would, but as individuals?

Take a look at the basketball team of my town. They don't look that woggish and most of them won't have troubles fitting in Poland. Especially the three standing right of the trainer (two of them are twins).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302040_515113071869041_1856728712_n.jpg

I think this girl (from Southern South Poland, near mountain) look pretty pan-Slavic, which mean she could be Slovak, Ukrainian and Bulgarian

What do you think?

Yes she can pass here.

I think this Bulgarian looks Pan-Slavic:

http://skandalno.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2-karakachanov.jpg

Roy
07-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't know if the vast majority of Bulgarians would really stick out in Poland...maybe a group of 10 people would, but as individuals?

Take a look at the basketball team of my town. They don't look that woggish and most of them won't have troubles fitting in Poland. Especially the three standing right of the trainer (two of them are twins).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302040_515113071869041_1856728712_n.jpg

I think this Bulgarian looks Pan-Slavic:

http://skandalno.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2-karakachanov.jpg

As a group they look far from Poles, but they can pass individually (still not all of them). The guy is though a very good example of Pan-Slavic look if we assume there is some. This Bulgarian woman would be very atypical and I guess she isn't uncommon in Bulgaria. Feel free to correct me If I am wrong.

Trun
07-03-2013, 08:52 PM
As a group they look far from Poles, but they can pass individually (still not all of them). The guy is though a very good example of Pan-Slavic look if we assume there is some.

Indeed. It's logical that Bulgarian group which is like 10 people, won't be able to fit in Poland, or anywhere, maybe except Romania, Serbia, FYROM, Montenegro and parts of Croatia, Bosnia, Albania and Greece.

Now a volleyball girl team. It may help answering the original question, which at least to me is already answered.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/553509_317599111659196_2002523157_n.jpg

The two blond girls are twins.

Mans not hot
07-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Bear in mind that there's overlap in Slavic countries, like you could find Russians who could be Poles and Bulgarians who could be Croats, but typical in Poland will obviously differ from what is typical in Russia and same go to Croatia and Bulgaria.

Trun
07-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Bear in mind that there's overlap in Slavic countries, like you could find Russians who could be Poles and Bulgarians who could be Croats, but typical in Poland will obviously differ from what is typical in Russia and same go to Croatia and Bulgaria.

Exactly that's why I think it is stupid when some people say "he/she looks South Slavic" when Bulgarians and Slovenes (and even Bulgarians and Croats) don't really look alike most of the time.

Lemon Kush
07-03-2013, 08:56 PM
The first one looks to have a strong middle eastern vibe, so I voted second.

Trun
07-03-2013, 08:58 PM
The first one looks to have a strong middle eastern vibe

Stop that obnoxious self-hatred please.

gregorius
07-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Second, Bulgarians stronk aryan nordic race !

Lemon Kush
07-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Stop that obnoxious self-hatred please.

Just giving my opinion. I find the second girl more similar looking to myself and would rather breed with her.

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Just giving my opinion. I find the second girl more similar looking to myself and would rather breed with her.

As far as I remember, you don't look Germanic. And with who you'd rather breed isn't relevant in the case :P

gregorius
07-03-2013, 09:03 PM
As far as I remember, you don't look Germanic. And with who you'd rather breed isn't relevant in the case :P

i wanna breed with both at same time

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:05 PM
i wanna breed with both at same time

http://images.ibox.bg/2008/01/11/eva%20i%20strashimira/460x473.jpg

Arbėrori
07-03-2013, 09:07 PM
The first one; she could pass all over the Balkans.

Blonde and light-eyed people may be common, but not as common as the first type.

Roy
07-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Exactly that's why I think it is stupid when some people say "he/she looks South Slavic" when Bulgarians and Slovenes (and even Bulgarians and Croats) don't really look alike most of the time.

This, I also think that you maybe misunderstood me. They would not individually really stick out, but this girl probably would.

Lemon Kush
07-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Probly not but I still look closer to the second one than the first :laugh2:

Trun
07-03-2013, 09:18 PM
This, I also think that you maybe misunderstood me. They would not individually really stick out, but this girl probably would.

I agree with the last part.

Bulgarians are four types (according to my taxonomy :D ), the most common is what I call "Balkan", like Boyko Borisov, Slavi Trifonov, Hristo Stoichkov, Preslava. They can fit both in Poland and Armenia but far from typical.

Second most common are "Northern-Eastern" types. They are like the man I posted as an example of Pan-Slavic type. They can fit in all Slavic countries, but not in the Mediterranean world.

"Pan-Med types" are like the first girl. They can fit in every Mediterranean country but not really in Poland or Russia.

Least common is what I call "Atypical". The second girl belongs here because she looks Northwestern not Northeastern. Also the tiny minority of Levantine or Mestizo (:D ) looking Bulgarians is here.

Archduke
07-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I find the second girl more similar looking to myself and would rather breed with her.

You are pale because u spend too much time in TA, otherwise you are Balkan (or more precisely Bulgarian) nigger like us. :D

aherne
07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Both. #2 looks mixed with Slavic. Slavic-looking Bulgarian are common!

Sikeliot
07-04-2013, 06:14 PM
The second woman honestly doesn't look Bulgarian to me, or at least I'd guess a million other things first. That wouldn't even be in my top 15 guesses for her.

The first woman I'd guess Sicily first, and if not, southern Italy, then Greece, then Cyprus, then a few ME countries and then probably Bulgaria before I'd guessed 10 incorrect guesses.

CrystalMaiden
07-04-2013, 06:16 PM
The Serb bl00d is strong in them, I vote number 2.

Queen B
07-04-2013, 07:07 PM
So, she doesn't look Levantine to you? Because a Bulgarian in another forum said she does.
She doesn't look Levantine at all

And yes, the first looks more typical, obviously.

Trun
07-05-2013, 06:05 AM
The first woman I'd guess Sicily first, and if not, southern Italy, then Greece, then Cyprus, then a few ME countries and then probably Bulgaria before I'd guessed 10 incorrect guesses.

To be honest, I can't think of a Middle Eastern country where she can fit better than in Bulgaria. Maybe curly hair misleads people.

Lemon Kush
07-05-2013, 06:10 AM
To be honest, I can't think of a Middle Eastern country where she can fit better than in Bulgaria. Maybe curly hair misleads people.

It's more the facial features than the pigmentation

Trun
07-05-2013, 06:14 AM
It's more the facial features than the pigmentation

And which of them looks ME?

pelikarski
07-05-2013, 06:48 AM
The first one, but they look untypical. Average Bulgarian woman is Nina DObrev or Tedi Burgazlieva
:)
http://www.slava.bg/images/content/2010/06/15/22592/dscf4018.jpg

Trun
07-05-2013, 06:56 AM
The first one, but they look untypical. Average Bulgarian woman is Nina DObrev or Tedi Burgazlieva
:)
http://www.slava.bg/images/content/2010/06/15/22592/dscf4018.jpg

Tedi Burgazlieva isn't typical. Her nose is too short and her mouth too big. Plus, models are never typical. They are chosen because they aren't.

Nina is fairly typical.

StonyArabia
07-05-2013, 06:57 AM
The first girl can easily be Lebanese. The second girl looks Russian. Probably somewhere in between of the two looks.

Trun
07-05-2013, 07:01 AM
The first girl can easily be Lebanese.

I'm tired of people who try to whitewash Middle Easterners and pass Europeans as some sort of Arabs. Now I understand Jizo when he gets mad.

Maybe all the dark Levantines migrated to Bulgaria because every duner seller in Sofia looks like those folks:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/4/26/1303842867289/Syrian-protests-007.jpg

bimo
07-05-2013, 08:08 AM
i think the first have a look more common , anyway i don't think the second is exotic

dude i remember your pic , you are dark like the first girl and you should be proud of that

Lemon Kush
07-05-2013, 08:38 AM
People are becoming too focused on pigmentation and forgetting features, which is far more important. Ofc the first one has more typical pigmentation, but she looks totally foreign!

bimo
07-05-2013, 08:45 AM
but she looks totally foreign!

she don't look "totally foreign" , she may is not uber typical , but the second girl is not uber typical too and less common than the first even in facial feauture

riverman
07-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Both? They both are attractive, and all the people in this thread saying the second female doesn't look Slavic have no clue.

riverman
07-05-2013, 11:19 AM
BTW I'm not familiar with Bulgarian looks really, so no vote here.

Lemon Kush
07-05-2013, 11:52 AM
she don't look "totally foreign" , she may is not uber typical , but the second girl is not uber typical too and less common than the first even in facial feauture

She has those drowsy eyes typical in middle eastern people. A proper Slav has a stern gaze.

bimo
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
A proper Slav has a stern gaze.

she don't look neither mena and neither slavic , probably just balkanic or med , and please stop with your slavic obsession , slavic is not a race , thought there is a pan slavic look present around all eastern europe but every slavic nation have their mix of people , in the bulgarian case mixed with paleo-balkan and southern euro look

Prince Carlo
07-05-2013, 12:37 PM
The first one looks Pontian or Cretan. But she could be a woggy Albo girl. Nothing Italian about her.

EDIT it's more about facial features than pigmentation.

Trun
07-05-2013, 01:39 PM
She has those drowsy eyes typical in middle eastern people. A proper Slav has a stern gaze.

:picard2:

sgillespie
07-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Tedi Burgazlieva isn't typical. Her nose is too short and her mouth too big. Plus, models are never typical. They are chosen because they aren't.

Nina is fairly typical.
actually most bulgarians I met have blue/light eyes, are tall/big boned and have no med look at all, I mean they stick out pretty much in Italy, where the majority is med. I agree though that Nina Dobrev has a typical look.

Prince Carlo
07-05-2013, 02:45 PM
actually most bulgarians I met have blue/light eyes, are tall/big boned and have no med look at all, I mean they stick out pretty much in Italy, where the majority is med. I agree though that Nina Dobrev has a typical look.

Shut up Georgian!!! Woggishvili!!! LOL.

Trun
07-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Nina Dobrev looks Med :rolleyes2:

pelikarski
07-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I think Bulgarians dont stand out much in Italy

Trun
07-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I think Bulgarians dont stand out much in Italy

Italians and Bulgarians look pretty much different because the former have Western and the latter Eastern influence. But in both places Med influence is the strongest.

sgillespie
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Italy is waaaaaaay more med than Bulgaria.

sgillespie
07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Shut up Georgian!!! Woggishvili!!! LOL.

??

RussiaPrussia
07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
first is typical bulgarian hair, i have seen that alot of times on bulgarians these locks

Sikeliot
07-05-2013, 04:25 PM
The first one looks Pontian or Cretan. But she could be a woggy Albo girl. Nothing Italian about her.

She looks like she could be Calabrese/Sicilian.

Italians and Bulgarians look pretty much different because the former have Western and the latter Eastern influence. But in both places Med influence is the strongest.

This isn't true of the very far south.. if they look different than Bulgarian it is due to simply being too Med.

bimo
07-05-2013, 05:59 PM
This isn't true of the very far south.. if they look different than Bulgarian it is due to simply being too Med.

imo southern italians look more western than eastern european , eastern euro look isn't common at all in south italy , the only place where eastern look start to be non rare is in friuli (far north-east italy) where some people can be mixed with slovenian

Sikeliot
07-05-2013, 06:07 PM
That may be true. But I meant in general the look is pure Southern European for the most part.

Trun
07-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Actually, out of all Italians, the closest in facial features to Bulgarians are Southern Italians (I don't know if it is because of Greek input). Central Italians are similar in terms of pigmentation.

Roy
07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
first is typical bulgarian hair, i have seen that alot of times on bulgarians these locks

This, curly hair. I think this is South-Eastern thing.

Trun
07-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Curly hair isn't very common in Bulgaria.