PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mind identifying my phenotype?

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 02:53 PM
The title says it all, new to the site, looking for some suggestions as to what my phenotype is.

Smaller hands, roughly 178cm, SMALL but wider frame with broad shoulders, long/narrow/straight nose, rather flat occipital, green eyes, usually fair white/rosy skin, (sunburn in the picture).

If this was posted elsewhere, I apologize in advance, I was not allowed to post in the personal taxonomy section.

Thank you,

Sean

Thelema
07-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Where are you photos?

Archduke
07-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Pred. Alpinoid, judging from your avatar.

gregorius
07-07-2013, 02:57 PM
you look abit like lewandowski

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 03:10 PM
My avatar is my photo Thelema.

Sean

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Thank you Archduke, I was told it was pred. Alpinid as well, although it seems not ALL of the features fit in with it.

Brownboy, thank you, I hope that was a compliment.

Sean

gregorius
07-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Thank you Archduke, I was told it was pred. Alpinid as well, although it seems not ALL of the features fit in with it.

Brownboy, thank you, I hope that was a compliment.

Sean

Sure lewandowski is a good player and looks fine

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Would anyone happen to know what the alpinid phenotype is associated with in regards to ethnicity? I've been hearing it was found mainly within French and Bavarians. Also, what may have caused this, I've been reading mostly negative things about it, I'd like to think this to be false. Further more, what may be some ancient cultures involved with this phenotype, e.g. Unetice, Bell Beaker, Corded Ware, Urnfield, Megalithic cultures, Paleolithic origins, etc.?

Sean

gold_fenix
07-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Alpinoid are the process of reduction of the upper paleolithic survivor, surely was common to all cultures in Europe

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Thank you Gold,

To make sure I understand correctly, this was common within all European groups, and it's the process of reduction? I'm still quite new to this, may I ask the reasons behind this reduction? Famine, cold weather, high altitudes? Also, you're certain this is a trait from the Paleolithic survivors? My Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups do not seem to match this, as well as my ancestry composition from 23andme. I suppose anything is possible in my autosomal DNA though.

Sean

gold_fenix
07-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Reduction: weather and type of food, too is said was by ancient mix with other asian groups

Haplogroups aren't the best method to establish this, haplogroups say about origin not really about antecessor

British-Wolf
07-07-2013, 05:46 PM
going on your avatar to me you look atlanto-med+brunn

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you British.

I've been called Cro-Magnoid as well, I'm not entirely sure if they're trying to imply I'm some sort of cave man, or if this is a legit classification. If it is, I'm guessing that would mean my features are very much Paleolithic.

Sean

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 06:25 PM
At Gold,

I just read some believe alpinization began with sedentary farmers. Could this mean many of my ancestors were isolated farmers coming to Europe sometime during the Neolithic, and not descended from the earlier European hunter-gatherer populations?

Sean

British-Wolf
07-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Thank you British.

I've been called Cro-Magnoid as well, I'm not entirely sure if they're trying to imply I'm some sort of cave man, or if this is a legit classification. If it is, I'm guessing that would mean my features are very much Paleolithic.

Sean

"Cro-Magnoid" Just means you have robust features compared with the "Nordid" type which is gracile.

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 06:33 PM
In that case British, I would not be Cro-Magnoid. I have a small bone structure, although widely placed, small hands, smaller sort of head, long narrow nose, more gracile features as you mention, without the very tall height and long/narrow head.

Thanks,

Sean

gold_fenix
07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
At Gold,

I just read some believe alpinization began with sedentary farmers. Could this mean many of my ancestors were isolated farmers coming to Europe sometime during the Neolithic, and not descended from the earlier European hunter-gatherer populations?

Sean

With neolithic, the invaders were people with a slender features, rather a tendency to be thin we could to say

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 08:01 PM
So in a nutshell, the alpine phenotype is more or less an alpinized version of borreby? The infantile features and reduction, an evolution of the older Paleolithic borreby types, or new people? Would this have been from the new farming lifestyle brought to them, or new migrations of people later on carrying these more gracile yet rounded forms?

I apologize for so many questions, still new, and very much fascinated with the subject.

Sean

Energia
07-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Lol at males who cancel their pix after a while as they were hotties...

farmutet
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM
ill have to say alpinoid

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Farmutet, but alpinoid is not alpinid, but an alpinized looking version of another phenotype? If this is the case, would you be able to identify what the original phenotype I would have belonged to that was simply alpinized? And of course, why would this alpinization had even occurred?

Sean

1stLightHorse
07-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Sean may i ask your direct male lineage? From where does your surname come directly?

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Lighthorse,

My surname is Kehoe, clearly Gaelic Irish. I also happen to belong to the R1b1b2a1a haplogroup according to 23andme. Due to their new V3 chip not being able to correctly test for P312, this was the halpgroup I've been given, but likely belonging to a downstream sub-clade. I'd like to note, on my maternal side I'm T2f1, and my Father does not seem to have these features, medium boned, more borreby+atlantid med type skull, and over 188cm. However, my Mother does have my sort of skull and bone structure, although extremely slender and gracile, and no Irish blood.

Sean

1stLightHorse
07-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Lighthorse,

My surname is Kehoe, clearly Gaelic Irish. I also happen to belong to the R1b1b2a1a haplogroup according to 23andme. Due to their new V3 chip not being able to correctly test for P312, this was the halpgroup I've been given, but likely belonging to a downstream sub-clade. I'd like to note, on my maternal side I'm T2f1, and my Father does not seem to have these features, medium boned, more borreby type head, and over 185cm. However, my Mother does have this sort of skull and bone structure, although extremely slender and gracile, and no Irish blood.

Sean

Interesting, cool. If you're an M222 which i think is a clade of P312 you could be a descendant of Niall of the nine hostages. I'm shocked 23 and me can't test correctly for P312, they should lift their game.

Dombra
07-07-2013, 08:27 PM
"Cro-Magnoid" Just means you have robust features compared with the "Nordid" type which is gracile.

Alpinids, Borreby, Baltid etc. all Cro Magnid but reduced?

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Lighthorse,

I believe they are able to test for M222, which has not shown up in my SNP's. Their old V2 chip was able to correctly test for P312, but not this new one, may have something to do with the price reduction for their services, cheaper chip? Regardless, given the Gaelic Irish surname, I'm almost certain I would belong to the downstream sub-clade found in Ireland and not the more archaic R1b1b2a1a. And you're right, they dropped the ball on the P312, ignoring one of the most common SNP's of the Western European population.

Sean

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Dombra,

It seems as though that is the theory. I'm just lost as to why this reduction had taken place, and who I can owe my outstanding features to. Paleolithic people who later found themselves starved and heartbroken in the Neolithic, or newcomers.

Very curious as to why this reduction has taken place. Especially this phenotype's association with ancient cultures such as Unetice or Bell Beaker, although I've been told there is no set specific association with any known ancient culture. However, I believe they must have found more alpinids in one culture more so than others.

Sean

Absolucid
07-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Added several photos in my album for possible classification.

Sean

Guapo
07-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Pred. Alpinoid

Why?

riverman
07-08-2013, 02:21 AM

Guapo
07-08-2013, 02:22 AM
btw, you look distinctly Irish

Absolucid
07-08-2013, 03:05 AM