PDA

View Full Version : Higher education - is it necessary?

Thelema
07-08-2013, 08:53 AM
What do you think about higher education? Do you have it? Do you think it's possible to become successful person with high school education?

1stLightHorse
07-08-2013, 09:00 AM
It's possible to be wealthy without it yes, but broader society will suffer if people stop emphasising it. Enlightenment comes through education, as long as it isn't run by leftist fuckheads.

Zmey Gorynych
07-08-2013, 09:02 AM
What do you think about higher education? Do you have it? Do you think it's possible to become successful person with high school education?
A degree is not a prerequisite of success but it enhances your chances of getting a better paid, white collar job.

alfieb
07-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Two things must be answered first.

Where do you live, and what do you want to do?

In some places, a degree is necessary. In some places, a car is necessary. In some places, connections are necessary. In others, you can be successful with none of these things.

Thelema
07-08-2013, 09:06 AM
I've been recently thinking about it, after graduating school I have to think what to do with my life , due to lack of money and intelligence (which in necessary for getting free education) I hardly can go to a good uni, doubting the bad one can give an opportunity in my life.

Thelema
07-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Two things must be answered first.

Where do you live, and what do you want to do?

In some places, a degree is necessary. In some places, a car is necessary. In some places, connections are necessary. In others, you can be successful with none of these things.

Russia, make tattoos :picard2::picard2::picard2:

hobosmurf
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
it is almost totally worthless for practical purposes, but most employers require it i guess

Queen B
07-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes, its possible to become succesful with high school education if you are like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, or if you are good at sports, singer/actor.
In my country we say ''Mathe tehni kai astine kai an peinaseis piastine" which means: learn something and leave it, and if you get hungry, take it.
Meaning: Have a back up , just in case.