PDA

View Full Version : Face Of Tesco Is An Illegal Immigrant

Skandi
09-27-2009, 11:20 PM
A checkout girl picked to model for Tesco in a glossy advertising blitz has been exposed as an illegal immigrant.

Fatou Cham, 32, came to the UK from Gambia, West Africa, in 1998 on a student visa but stayed after it expired in 2001.

Miss Cham, who works at the Tesco store, in Beckton, east London, was chosen from hundreds of hopefuls to model the Florence and Fred clothing range for an ad campaign used in women's magazines.

Next to a picture of Miss Cham modelling a blue dress and heels were the words: "Designed by F&F. Priced by Tesco. Modelled by Fatou, checkout number 6, Tesco, east London."
more (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090927/tuk-face-of-tesco-is-an-illegal-immigran-45dbed5.html)
oh dear...!

Beorn
09-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I wonder if Tesco's will get the same paltry slap on the wrist that Baroness Scotland received?

Germanicus
09-27-2009, 11:28 PM
It does'nt surprise me her being an illegal immigrant, she was cheap, just like their groceries..:)

Murphy
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
It does'nt surprise me her being an illegal immigrant, she was cheap, just like their groceries..:)

We can't all shop at Marks & Spencers ya posh bastard :p!

Regards,
Eóin.

Germanicus
09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I wonder if Tesco's will get the same paltry slap on the wrist that Baroness Scotland received?

What's the profits of Tesco this year? their sales last year was £2 Billion.
A fine of £10 million would seem like pence.

Beorn
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
What's the profits of Tesco this year? their sales last year was £2 Billion.
A fine of £10 million would seem like pence.

A ban on advertising? That would hurt them financially. Not much, but enough to feel the pinch.

Fortis in Arduis
09-28-2009, 06:09 AM
So the face of TESCO is an illegal immigrant.

Tell us something we do not know. :p

I thought that most of their employees and customers were.

Freomæg
09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if all this public prevelance and use of illegal immigrants is a deliberate desensitizing so that we'll accept a blanket amnesty. Labour need voters fast and if they can't win them, they'll import them.

Liffrea
09-28-2009, 09:10 AM
I would be more shocked if they found an Englishman in East London..........