PDA

View Full Version : Will China invade Russia?

Motörhead Remember Me
10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Of course we hope so!!

First the mongols and then the Chinese.

For Europe, its the second coming...

:thumb001::thumb001::thumb001::thumb001::thumb001: :thumb001::thumb001:

Absinthe
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Can we get those people their own Russia Vs Finland social group so that they can be taking it out on each other as much as they want? Please? :o

Fortis in Arduis
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Can we get those people their own Russia Vs Finland social group so that they can be taking it out on each other as much as they want? Please? :o

Bin this thread.

Ankoù
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2imfeo.jpg

safinator
02-19-2012, 02:53 PM
No.
It will cause a nuclear war.
It's in nobody interests to do this.

Joe McCarthy
03-06-2012, 12:10 AM
No.
It will cause a nuclear war.
It's in nobody interests to do this.

Sino–Soviet border conflict (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino%E2%80%93Soviet_border_conflict)

The number of troops on both sides of the Sino–Soviet border increased dramatically after 1964.

On March 2, 1969, a group of Chinese troops ambushed Soviet border guards on Zhenbao Island. The Soviets suffered 59 dead, including a senior colonel, and 94 wounded. They retaliated on March 15 by bombarding Chinese troop concentrations on the Chinese bank of the Ussuri and by storming Zhenbao Island. The Soviets sent four then-secret T-62 Tanks to attack the Chinese patrols on the island from the other side of the river. One of the leading tanks was hit and the tank commander was killed. On March 16, 1969, the Soviets entered the island to collect their dead, the Chinese held their fire. On March 17, 1969, the Soviets tried to recover the disabled tank, but their effort was repelled by the Chinese artillery. On March 21, the Soviets sent a demolition team attempting to destroy the tank. The Chinese opened fire and thwarted the Soviets. With the help of divers of the Chinese navy, the PLA pulled the T-62 tank onshore. The tank was later given to the Chinese Military Museum.

On March 15, 1969, the Chinese troops were repelled from Zhenbao Island (Damansky Island) with significant losses and did not return until September of that year, when Soviet border guards received the order to not open fire against them.[1]

Further border clashes occurred in August 1969, this time along the western section of the Sino–Soviet border in Xinjiang. Heightened tensions raised the prospect of a nuclear war between China and the Soviet Union. In the early 1960s, the United States had "probed" the level of Soviet interest in joint action against Chinese nuclear weapons facilities; now the Soviets probed what the United States' reaction would be if the USSR attacked the facilities.[4]

As war fever gripped China, Moscow and Beijing took steps to lower the danger of a large-scale conflict. On September 11, 1969, Soviet Prime Minister Alexei Kosygin, on his way back from the funeral of the Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh, stopped over in Beijing for talks with his Chinese counterpart, Zhou Enlai. Symbolic of the frosty relations between the two communist countries, the talks were held in Beijing airport. The two premiers agreed to return ambassadors previously recalled and begin border negotiations.

Both states were armed with nuclear weapons.

rashka
03-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Of course we hope so!!

I fail to understand what you are hoping.:confused:

Joe McCarthy
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
I fail to understand what you are hoping.:confused:

Perhaps getting invaded by Marxist assholes can create a bit of shortsightedness.

All Marxist assholes should bear that in mind.

rashka
03-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Perhaps getting invaded by Marxist assholes can create a bit of shortsightedness.

All Marxist assholes should bear that in mind.

What are you saying? I can't decipher your cliche talk.

Joe McCarthy
03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
What are you saying? I can't decipher your cliche talk.

Well, you might take a look at where the thread opener is from...

Gaztelu
03-06-2012, 01:33 AM
I would not mind seeing China invaded and occupied by Russia.

Although it may lead to Cold War II in the Pacific though.

Romanion
03-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Of course we hope so!!

After Russia invades Finland :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
03-06-2012, 01:46 AM
I hope not. It's very bad for business.

Supreme American
03-06-2012, 02:04 AM
They are invading, at least in the sense of mass illegal migration.

If they could do it militarily, they certainly would. India, also, for that matter.

Phil75231
03-06-2012, 05:19 AM
I propose a "Clash of the Titans" thread: A fully mobilized China vs a likewise fully mobilized USA :eek::scared: ...:evil :dev

Supreme American
03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I propose a "Clash of the Titans" thread: A fully mobilized China vs a likewise fully mobilized USA :eek::scared: ...:evil :dev

We'd kick their asses. My God, what little "modernity" they have was lifted from whites, mostly in the form of 2nd-hand Soviet hardware.

Ah so, we buy old round eye ship, steal missile, buy computah, take you ovah, eat your cats! :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

The Lawspeaker
03-06-2012, 03:31 PM
We'd kick their asses. My God, what little "modernity" they have was lifted from whites, mostly in the form of 2nd-hand Soviet hardware.

Ah so, we buy old round eye ship, steal missile, buy computah, take you ovah, eat your cats! :icon_mad: :icon_mad:
Hey good luck learning Chinese. Because I think that the U.S would lose that war because they would also be facing the other BRIC countries with the EU probably staying out of the mess altogether.

Supreme American
03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey good luck learning Chinese. Because I think that the U.S would lose that war because they would also be facing the other BRIC countries with the EU probably staying out of the mess altogether.

Honorable round eye push red button vaporize Chinese penis meat restaurant. Ah so...

The Lawspeaker
03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Honorable round eye push red button vaporize Chinese penis meat restaurant. Ah so...
It's mathematics: plain and simple. There are a lot more Chinese and Indians then Americans. And when combined with Russia ( a lot of nukes) with it's strong army and Brazil. Your situation is pretty hopeless.

Phil75231
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Firstly, my above was obviously a troll post :dev :D

Secondly, I only meant it to be a 2-nation conflict, however unrealistic.

Thridly, India's more likely to stay neutral, or even ally with the US. As for Brazil, they're almost certain to stay neutral. As a rising large nation, so far it's proving to be a gigantic Switzerland or Sweden.

As for the ORIGINAL question -- I doubt China would actually invade Russia, especially (a) major wars tend to be bad for business, (b) Russia is a valuable ally (or semi-ally) for China to confront the USA, (c) China is very image-conscious, and hence does not want a really bad reputation - for it can hurt their future business interests.

sydvice
03-07-2012, 07:51 PM
it would be coll , if chine will invade russia

Böri
03-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Not militarily because Russia has weapons to stop an invasion but by immigration and demographic changes it can happen. Chinese already immigrate to Siberia massively tho there is strong Russian opposition and anti-China racism. When you have 1,4 billion population everybody hates you as they fear you. Thats China's problem.
http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=82969&page=1

~Alexander Shaikin, in charge of controlling the Russian-Chinese border, said on June 29 that 1.5 million people from China have illegally entered the Russian Far East over the past 18 months.

Reported by The Moscow Times, Shaikin’s claim is likely exaggerated, but increased Chinese migration is marking a return of Chinese influence to these territories. And any territorial dispute could disrupt relations between Asia’s largest continental powers.

It’s impossible to know the exact level of Chinese migration into the Russian Far East; Russia has not run a census in over a decade. But by all indications, a significant river of people is surging across the border.

The Moscow Carnegie Center, the only organization to launch an independent study, claimed that there were about 250,000 Chinese in Russia in 1997. The Interior Ministry has claimed that there are 2 million. Other estimates place the Chinese population at 5 million.

Regardless, the Federal Migration Service fears a flood. The service has repeatedly warned that the Chinese could become the dominant ethnic group in the Russian Far East in 20 to 30 years. Such an occurrence would require an annual influx of about 250,000 to 300,000 Chinese, less than one-third the rate that Shaikin currently claims.

China Looks the Other Way

There are reasons to believe that the flow will hit these levels, with at least tacit help from Beijing. The Russian Far East is becoming China’s safety valve, much like Mexico lets off population pressures with migration into the United States. China has more than 1.2 billion people — more than eight times Russia’s population. Only 7.4 million Russians populate the entire Russian Far East, versus more than 70 million in northeast China. The Russian Far East is comparatively empty, with only 1.3 people per kilometer. China’s Manchurian population has increased 13 percent in a little more than a decade.

Any kind of Chinese expansion into the region will eventually bring about a question: What is Beijing’s claim there? Most of the border region — an area roughly the size of Iran — used to be Chinese. Russia took the territory in 1858 and 1860 with the Treaties of Aigun and Peking, respectively. Of all of the unequal treaties forced upon the Qing dynasty by outside powers in the 19th century, these are the only two China has not managed to overcome. China and Russia signed a border agreement in 1999, but the Beijing government has never formally accepted the Aigun and Peking treaties.

Valuable Ports and Resources

The Russian Far East also holds resources that are valuable to an ever-growing China. The region is rich in natural resources such as oil, gas and timber. It is easier to send these goods to Asia instead of shipping them 3,000 miles to Moscow. The size of the Russian work force is shrinking as the country grows older. China’s young — and growing — population is more than able to fill the gap and exploit these resources.

But there is no reason to believe that, over time, Moscow will simply let the region slip from its grasp. The territory at stake includes all of Russia’s access to the Pacific Ocean. Vladivostok is Russia’s only warm-water Pacific port. Nikolayevsk, at the mouth of the Amur River, processes most of Siberia’s remaining exports. Both are well within former Chinese territory.

The local Russian population is increasingly nervous. The governor of Primoskiy Kray, Yevgenii Nazdratenko, on June 1 called for relocating 5 million Russians from European Russia to the Far East.

Police in Russian cities are responding with aggressive ethnic profiling. Law enforcement personnel check the documentation of foreigners, and they actively target ethnic Asians. The policy results from a widespread feeling — as far away as St. Petersburg — that China is the source of undesirable immigration.

Peter Zeihan covers Russian issues for Stratfor.com, an Internet provider of global intelligence. Researcher Colin McRoberts contributed to this analysis from St. Petersburg, Russia.~