PDA

View Full Version : Classify me, please.

Dominik
07-28-2013, 05:40 PM

Thanks!

Why can't you see the picture within the post? ;/

This is a post from me later in this thread. It's good to have it in the OP:

Can you guys see anything Slavic in me at all? Just curious. I think my last name is Slavic. It's a very uncommon name and even in Slavic countries when I look up the name I get barely any results. Only a few. All the surnames in my recent family history are German except for my supposedly Slavic last name.

Dombra
07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Dat stare in a dark alley

Sikeliot
07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Norid

Geminus
07-28-2013, 05:47 PM
From this picture mostly Nordid/Cromagnoid

Außerdem willkommen im Forum :thumb001:

Dominik
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Can you guys see anything Slavic in me at all? Just curious. I think my last name is Slavic. It's a very uncommon name and even in Slavic countries when I look up the name I get barely any results. Only a few. All the surnames in my recent family history are German except for my supposedly Slavic last name.

Dominik
07-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Dat stare in a dark alley

I have the crazy eyes in that picture, I know. It was the Adrenalin rush I was going through at that moment. I wouldn't want to meet myself alone somewhere in the dark with that look in the face. :thumb001:

Peikko
07-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Börreby + nordid influence

Dominik
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
From this picture mostly Nordid/Cromagnoid

Außerdem willkommen im Forum :thumb001:

Danke. :thumb001:

Geminus
07-28-2013, 06:05 PM

I don't think you look specifically Slavic. Your look seems to me rather German or also Northern.
But interestingly I have asked myself that question, too, since my surname is also Slavic influenced.

Mans not hot
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM
If by ''Slavic'' look, you mean Polish or Russian. Then, you don't look like a Pole nor Russian. You look Germanic (German/Dutch kind).

Dominik
07-28-2013, 06:18 PM
If by ''Slavic'' look, you mean Polish or Russian. Then, you don't look like a Pole nor Russian. You look Germanic (German/Dutch kind).

I was actually thinking Czech because that's where I can find a few people with the same last name as me.

I don't have even the slightest hint of non Germanic/Northern influence?

WOOHP
07-28-2013, 06:21 PM
I agree you look Germanic in a Dutch/German way.

Göta Nordid + Börreby

Dominik
07-28-2013, 06:23 PM
I don't think you look specifically Slavic. Your look seems to me rather German or also Northern.
But interestingly I have asked myself that question, too, since my surname is also Slavic influenced.

Slavic influenced, like a German name with a Slavic suffix? Mine has nothing even remotely German about it. I'm certain I have Slavic ancestors somewhere down the line. Since nobody kept a record of the family tree I don't know how far back.

Geminus
07-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Slavic influenced, like a German name with a Slavic suffix? Mine has nothing even remotely German about it. I'm certain I have Slavic ancestors somewhere down the line. Since nobody kept a record of the family tree I don't know how far back.

Something like that, it seems to be a Slavicized form of a German name.
But even with a fully Slavic name you could have just minor Slavic admixture ;)
The surname just hint's at one ancestry line among many others.

Ianus
07-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Nordic

Mans not hot
07-28-2013, 07:01 PM
I was actually thinking Czech because that's where I can find a few people with the same last name as me.
You probably have Czech ancestry, but it doesn't affect your look. Besides, I think you'd fit better in Czech republic than in Poland for sure.

Btw, what's your surname?

Dominik
11-22-2013, 03:11 AM
Just got rid of the hide-the-receding-hairline poor man's Justin Bieber style I had in the OP. Moved my head to the side a bit for better view of my facial proportions. Still nothing Slavic? Purely Nordic?

Geminus
11-22-2013, 09:07 AM
You don't look specifically Slavic imo.
But as people in Central Europe are quite mixed there surely are Czechs or Poles who look similar to you.

Anglojew
11-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Are you a Sorb?

Sharkeatpeople
11-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Borreby+N.Atlantic.