PDA

View Full Version : [SPLIT] the thread formerly known as:Would you marry a person of mixed-race ancestry?

Pages : [1] 2

Äike
10-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Slavs in general are not for me. There is too much difference in culture, outlook, genetics, language.

Ok.

They seem to have a lot of Hunnic ancestry but then again also have ties to other Finnic-Ugric groups. Still because of the Hunnic admixture it is not a risk worth taking.

The Hunnic admixture in Hungarians is quite small and by the way, Hungarians sadly have zero genetic connections with Finno-Ugrics, thus they don't look like Finns(UP survivors).

The Lawspeaker
10-03-2009, 06:35 PM
The Hunnic admixture in Hungarians is quite small and by the way, Hungarians sadly have zero genetic connections with Finno-Ugrics, thus they don't look like Finns(UP survivors).
What I did notice is that there are similarities in pronunciation. Although the language looks completely different.
Are todays Hungarians then more related to Slavs ?

Äike
10-03-2009, 06:42 PM
What I did notice is that there are similarities in pronunciation. Although the language looks completely different.
Are todays Hungarians then more related to Slavs ?

Genetically, Hungarians are no different then neighboring people. They even have genetical ties with Bulgarians and indeed, Hungarians have Slavic ancestry too.

I'm just wondering how the Hungarian language can belong to the Finno-Ugric language group. Hungarian is completely alien to me.

modern Bulgarians are more closely related to other Balkan populations (Macedonians, Greeks, Romanians, Albanians, Croatians and Hungarians) than to the rest of the Europeans.

Phlegethon
10-04-2009, 12:07 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/I_Married_a_Communist_movie_poster.jpg/379px-I_Married_a_Communist_movie_poster.jpg

Beorn
10-04-2009, 03:14 AM
What would you think or do if by a chance you happen to merry... say... Kate Beckinsale, and years later you find that she was 1/8 Burmese?

PHWOAR!! I certainly would. Judging by the rep points I have had from majority members here then so would they. It's when the names start looking "dodgy" and the women start commenting upon how they look "dodgy" do the men start to become strict WN do they start ignoring their true head.

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Fixed. :D

I would never have guessed at such ancestry, and it's hard to imagine even the most hardcore faggot saying no in the extremely unlikely event he had a chance with her.
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/z9/kate-beckinsale-hot-picture-1109-lg.jpg

Poltergeist
10-04-2009, 10:56 AM
No racial criteria, just non-Zeropeanness.

Inese
10-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Just because I have some distant Swedish ancestors, doesn't mean that I should mix with Swedes.
But my German ancestor is not distant , it is my grandfather!! :rolleyes: And hello please do understand i dont say that i seek a German man ---- i say that i dont say "Nooo!!" if it happen that the man i want to marry when i am older will be a German. ^_^
The thread is about mixed-race ancestry and Germanic and Balt are no alien races to each other you know?? :coffee: European ethnicitys yes but no different races. And i have German blood in my veines from my birth! It is no foreign ethnicity to me. I have living German family members and i am blood related to them over my grandfather!! I tell you it is no abstract ancestry from many hundred years back in the past....

I am Latvian and i feel Latvian but i dont ignore the German part in my ancestry okay?? :icon_yes: If i should marry a German man i know that it is nothing total foreign to me because a quarter of my blood is German already.

Germans aren't very close to Latvians, genetically. If there would be more people like you, then there wouldn't be any different European ethnicities in 100 years.
Hm Germans have a history in Latvia and there are Baltic Germans too. They are friends to me and i like them!! Germans live at the Baltic sea as we Latvians. Germans and Latvians are North Europeans and i dont make relationships with people who are not Northern European or who are Slavs or Finno-Ugric. I am a Nordicist and a German-Latvian couple is not against the ideology from my view. But a Latvian-Italian or a Latvian-French couple would be against it!! That is my opinion and you can have a different okay?? Thank!!

Brännvin
10-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Of course I would go...

Äike
10-05-2009, 07:21 PM
But my German ancestor is not distant , it is my grandfather!! :rolleyes: And hello please do understand i dont say that i seek a German man ---- i say that i dont say "Nooo!!" if it happen that the man i want to marry when i am older will be a German. ^_^
The thread is about mixed-race ancestry and Germanic and Balt are no alien races to each other you know?? :coffee: European ethnicitys yes but no different races. And i have German blood in my veines from my birth! It is no foreign ethnicity to me. I have living German family members and i am blood related to them over my grandfather!! I tell you it is no abstract ancestry from many hundred years back in the past....

Ok, I actually don't give a crap anymore. Do whatever you want.

I am Latvian and i feel Latvian but i dont ignore the German part in my ancestry okay?? :icon_yes: If i should marry a German man i know that it is nothing total foreign to me because a quarter of my blood is German already.

ok.

Hm Germans have a history in Latvia and there are Baltic Germans too. They are friends to me and i like them!! Germans live at the Baltic sea as we Latvians. Germans and Latvians are North Europeans and i dont make relationships with people who are not Northern European or who are Slavs or Finno-Ugric. I am a Nordicist and a German-Latvian couple is not against the ideology from my view. But a Latvian-Italian or a Latvian-French couple would be against it!! That is my opinion and you can have a different okay?? Thank!!

Inese, do you hate yourself and Latvians for being Finno-Ugric? :D By some data, Latvians are more Finno-Ugric then Estonians. (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml) :coffee:

Oh and by the way, Finno-Ugrics are the original UP population of Northern Europe.

Finns resemble the UP Northern Europeans the most.

Of modern nationalities, Finns are closest to Cro-Magnons in terms of anthropological measurements.

Finns are also the blondest people of Europe, because of isolation from other non-Finnic European groups.

Inese, by your logic Latvians aren't Northern European, because they are Finnic. ;)

Äike
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
As long as she is of solid European origin I don't have any problems with mixed ancestry.

Edit: I was always taught that Balts were Baltic, not northern European... =/

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg/680px-Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg.png

I myself consider Latvians semi-Northern Europeans and Lithuanians Eastern Europeans. The mentality of Estonians is completely different from our southern neighbors. You should check my thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52386&postcount=1) about Latvian stereotypes towards Estonians.

Äike
10-05-2009, 07:54 PM
It strikes me slightly strange for a Latvian to be Nordicist, that's almost like a Jewish Nazi. Nodicism has always been associated with Germanic roots and the true northmen are Germanics.
In a sense Austrians are more Nordic than Latvians. At least that's how I've always seen it. Germanic = Nordic.

Well... Latvians are more Nordic then Germans(if we are talking about subraces)

and if we are talking about complexion, then Finnics are more "Nordic" then Germanics.

Nordicism is a weird ideology anyway.

Lysander
10-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I myself consider Latvians semi-Northern Europeans and Lithuanians Eastern Europeans. The mentality of Estonians is completely different from our southern neighbors. You should check my thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52386&postcount=1) about Latvian stereotypes towards Estonians.

You have to forgive me for not really knowing, well ANYTHING, about Estonia. I know it exists, that's about as far as it goes.

But in any case I suppose Estonians fall into the same group as Finns, Nordic but still on their own.
As for Latvians, Lithuanians etc. they have always been just Balts to me. and as for what the UN considers northern Europe, I really couldn't care less.

Well... Latvians are more Nordic then Germans(if we are talking about subraces)

and if we are talking about complexion, then Finnics are more "Nordic" then Germanics.

Nordicism is a weird ideology anyway.
I'm not talking about any of that stuff, I'm talking about history and culture. Nordicism is a Germanic übermensch theory. It is only post ww2 that blonde Russians and Balts have started to embrace it, just as you see Russians who claim they are viking ancestors and what not.

But I really couldn't care less, I am blonde and have blue eyes and Scandinavian tourists consistently mistake me for a Scandinavian :shakefist. I just wanted to point out that it was weird that a Latvian called herself a Nordicist.

Inese
10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Ok, I actually don't give a crap anymore. Do whatever you want.
Thank but i dont need your allowance :coffee:

Inese, do you hate yourself and Latvians for being Finno-Ugric? :D By some data, Latvians are more Finno-Ugric then Estonians. (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml) :coffee:
Hm hello??? Where do i say i hate Finno-Ugrics!!? :confused: I only say i dont want to have a relationship with them!! You use a study with genetic halpogroups and there are other studies. Finno-Ugric is a culture , a language group and the people have a own history. i tell you Latvia is not Finno-Ugric in culture and language and only a little bit with the genes of the latgaliesi and other influences. You are Finno-Ugric and i am Baltic with Germanic influence.
You know, i am not Hors!! You fight the wrong person!! :mad: I see Estonia as a friendly neighbour country and i support you against Russian imperialism!! But maybe you are a little pan Finno Ugric person in the mind ---- i dont know. You wish that everything has Finno-Ugric influence. Finno-Ugric is Finland, Estonia and Hungary. My country is not in your grup and you have to accept it okay??? :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way, Finno-Ugrics are the original UP population of Northern Europe.

Finns resemble the UP Northern Europeans the most.
Yes okay and now??:lightbul: I was not talking about it!

Finns are also the blondest people of Europe, because of isolation from other non-Finnic European groups.

Inese, by your logic Latvians aren't Northern European, because they are Finnic. ;)
No but you have a very very big problem with understanding me. Finland is a Northern European country too!! But it is a country with Finno Ugric ethnicity. And i am not Finno Ugric!! I am Baltic and Germanic , get it?? And i want to have relationships only with ethnicitys of my blood ---- Finno Ugric is no part of me and that is the reason why i dont like to have a deeper relationship with Finno-Ugrics. And it is the same with Slavs.

You are taught wrong but it is no wonder , maybe the teachers in Greece are not competent when the topic are Northern European things. :icon_yes:

It strikes me slightly strange for a Latvian to be Nordicist, that's almost like a Jewish Nazi. Nodicism has always been associated with Germanic roots and the true northmen are Germanics.
Then you are crazy and have no wisdom ---- sorry i have to say it!! You know, Nordicism is about traits and Nordic traits are not only in Germanic people , they are also in many Balts, Celts , Slavs and Finno-Ugrics. Nordic traits are not a exclusive part of Germanic people!!

In a sense Austrians are more Nordic than Latvians. At least that's how I've always seen it. Germanic = Nordic.
Hm then you see very bad Mister Greece at the border to Turkey, Albania Macedonia and Bulgaria!! I am very sure you have much experience with Nordic people when you have that countrys as neighbours....:rotfl: ^_^

You have to forgive me for not really knowing, well ANYTHING, about Estonia. I know it exists, that's about as far as it goes.
And you know nothing about Nordic people and Nordicism too :banghead: The Germanic Übermenschen theory of Third Reich was not Nordicism --- it was Germanicism. Hitler was not a real Nordic and other important Nazis were not Nordic also!!

I'm not talking about any of that stuff, I'm talking about history and culture. Nordicism is a Germanic übermensch theory. It is only post ww2 that blonde Russians and Balts have started to embrace it, just as you see Russians who claim they are viking ancestors and what not.
You mix things total up and Germanicism is not Nordicism!!

But I really couldn't care less, I am blonde and have blue eyes and Scandinavian tourists consistently mistake me for a Scandinavian :shakefist. I just wanted to point out that it was weird that a Latvian called herself a Nordicist.
It is not weired , it is normal --- Latvia is one of the most Nordic countrys in the world after Sweden Finland and Estonia. Close your gap in edcuation please , thank!! :embarrassed

Äike
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
You know, i am not Hors!! You fight the wrong person!! :mad: I see Estonia as a friendly neighbour country and i support you against Russian imperialism!! But maybe you are a little pan Finno Ugric person in the mind ---- i dont know. You wish that everything has Finno-Ugric influence. Finno-Ugric is Finland, Estonia and Hungary. My country is not in your grup and you have to accept it okay??? :rolleyes:

I just know the facts. Latvians have a very large amount of Finnic genes.

No but you have a very very big problem with understanding me. Finland is a Northern European country too!! But it is a country with Finno Ugric ethnicity. And i am not Finno Ugric!! I am Baltic and Germanic , get it?? And i want to have relationships only with ethnicitys of my blood ---- Finno Ugric is no part of me and that is the reason why i dont like to have a deeper relationship with Finno-Ugrics. And it is the same with Slavs.

Now here's my point. By blood, Latvians are Finnics. By culture, Latvians are Balts.

Genetically the closest people to Latvians are Livonians (Most of Latvians are actually assimilated Livonians) and then come Estonians.

You saying that you want to have relationships only with ethnicities of your blood and then saying in the next sentence that you don't want relationships with ethnicities, that are genetically closest to you, that's called hypocrisy. (And it makes you look dumb)

Treffie
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
^Careful, Karl. Read my sig :p

Svarog
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
As long as she is of solid European origin I don't have any problems with mixed ancestry.

I guess that depends how you look at it, when it comes to looks, pure Russians are very Nordic looking people, I guess Latvians are too, I don't even know any Latvians beside one or two football players so I could say tho (blond hair and blue eyes does not make someone Nordic looking). When it comes to culture Latvians and Russians could never pass for a Nordic country and then yes, I do wholeheartedly agree with you than Austrians are much closer to the definition of a Nordic country than Latvians. Being Germanic, Baltic or a Slav is more of a linguistic separation more than anything else, culture - yes too. Look? not so much. Serbs and Russians do not look nothing alike, nor Hungarians and Finns look nothing alike, there are too many definitions of being Nordic that it is confusing already, but when it comes to the point Finns and Latvians start praising Odin and equaling themselves with Norwegians - that is really funny. Russians and Ukrainians are long lost Viking tribe (Rus or Русь) that came from the Scandinavia and mixed with locals, Baltic tribes were the ones that lived there already I guess, undoubtedly they are all connected in one way or the another, but wanting to be something you're not is beyond pathetic.

Inese
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Why do you generalize all Latvian people Karl?? :mad: Yes there is maybe a Finnic influence in Latvia but not all Latvians have Finnic influence. Northern Latvians at the border to your country have more influence and some others have no influence! You know i am sure some Estonian and Finnic have saami influence but i dont say all Estonians and Finnic have saami blood!! Why cant you stay fair?? We Latvian are not Finnic with our language, not with our culture and and not to a big part with our blood!! And our traits are different Finnic people look total different to us Balts. If you open the eyes and visit my country or Lithuania you can see it yourself okay?? You love your Finno Ugric ethnicity and i love my Baltic ethncity and all is okay.

All in short for you:

-I have a Latvian and Baltic culture and not a Finno-Ugric culture
-I speak a Baltic language with Latvian and a Germanic language with German and not a Finno-Ugric language
-My blood is Latvian and German
-I look not Finno Ugric with my traits and my family is not Finno-Ugric

=No reason for me why i should have a relationship with Finno-Ugrics

Hmm and Svarog you have no experience with our people ---- why you think you can talk about us with expierence?? :icon_no:Is it a Balkan trait that you think you know more about us than us and our historians?? :rolleyes: All what i have said about Nordicism and that is not exclusive Germanic is true. Your problem is that many Balkan people are wanna-be Nordics and have a minority complex

Jamt
10-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Nordic, or Norden as a geografic and historic defenition used upp here always include Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland. I think continental europeans have newerending shifting criterias for Nordic.

Inese
10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
All Baltic countrys are located in North-East Europe. East Europe is Poland , Slovalkia Czechia or Ukraine.

Treffie
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
All Baltic countrys are located in North-East Europe. East Europe is Poland , Slovalkia Czechia or Ukraine.

Not entirely true - Poland is partly Baltic. :)

Svarog
10-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Hmm and Svarog you have no experience with our people ---- why you think you can talk about us with expierence?? :icon_no:Is it a Balkan trait that you think you know more about us than us and our historians?? :rolleyes: All what i have said about Nordicism and that is not exclusive Germanic is true. Your problem is that many Balkan people are wanna-be Nordics and have a minority complex

You're not really being serious calling Latvian culture a Nordic culture? I don't need to have any touch with Latvians to know their culture is not a Germanic one

And also, what is the huge difference between Estonians and Latvians in look?

Balkan people are wannabies? LOL Balkan people are terribly proud of what they are, which proves tons of immigrants that never learn the language of the country they move in - terribly disrespectful and should be kicked out - I Agree, but that just shows even Immigrants never goes away from their own identity - not to mention people here

How many Serbs have you seen running around claiming we're some Germanic Nords?

Just as i thought so.

Serbs are terribly proud of what they are, never claiming we are anything but what we are, and beside, only 'wannabies' in Serbia are, as sad as it is, Russian wannabies, not anything else. And yet, Serbia and Russia are much more connected than Latvia and idk - Germany?

a proud - 'Balkanese' ;)

Fortis in Arduis
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Why do you generalize all Latvian people Karl??

Why cant you stay fair?? We Latvian are not Finnic with our language, not with our culture and and not to a big part with our blood!!

If you open the eyes and visit my country or Lithuania you can see it yourself okay??

Hmm and Svarog you have no experience with our people ---- why you think you can talk about us with expierence??

Is it a Balkan trait that you think you know more about us than us and our historians??

Your using double exclamation and question marks does not enhance the content of your posts, it only serves to impair your credibility.

This thread has been created as an arena wherein the shallow and the insecure may make utter fools of themselves.

Jamt
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Svarog.

You are right that the Baltic States are not Nordic but Finland is regardless if the culture is Germanic or not (it is). Nordic is a geographical, historical, political and cultural definition and the definition is made by Northerners for hundreds of years.

The Baltic’s have a lot of similarities and bonds to Norden and Austrians don’t. Your definition of Nordic is just made up.

Svarog
10-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Svarog.

You are right that the Baltic States are not Nordic but Finland is regardless if the culture is Germanic or not (it is). Nordic is a geographical, historical, political and cultural definition and the definition is made by Northerners for hundreds of years.

The Baltic’s have a lot of similarities and bonds to Norden and Austrians don’t. Your definition of Nordic is just made up.

Where did I mention Finland? :confused:

Austria = Germany.

Murphy
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Austria = Germany.

Austria = Austria :confused:!

Regards,
Eóin.

Jamt
10-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Where did I mention Finland? :confused:

Austria = Germany.

I used Finland as an exampel of your ignorant reasoning. Like this:

"When it comes to culture Latvians and Russians could never pass for a Nordic country and then yes, I do wholeheartedly agree with you than Austrians are much closer to the definition of a Nordic country than Latvians. Being Germanic, Baltic or a Slav is more of a linguistic separation more than anything else, culture - yes too."

Have you heard Finnish spoken?

Svarog
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I used Finland as an exampel of your ignorant reasoning. Like this:

"When it comes to culture Latvians and Russians could never pass for a Nordic country and then yes, I do wholeheartedly agree with you than Austrians are much closer to the definition of a Nordic country than Latvians. Being Germanic, Baltic or a Slav is more of a linguistic separation more than anything else, culture - yes too."

Have you heard Finnish spoken?

So you set an example in smth I never said?

Finnish language is not a Germanic language, I don't need to listen to them talking to know that much.

Brännvin
10-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes there is maybe a Finnic influence in Latvia but not all Latvians have Finnic influence.

Perhaps? indeed, they do have, the Livs in the nineteenth century underwent a process of assimilation in some parts of Latvia without forgetting to mention the Curonians..

yes, yes, not all Latvians have Finnic influence but a part does.

You know i am sure some Estonian and Finnic have saami influence but i dont say all Estonians and Finnic have saami blood!!

Or was the opposite, the Saami have always lived in the far north of Fennoscandia..

Inese
10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
You're not really being serious calling Latvian culture a Nordic culture? I don't need to have any touch with Latvians to know their culture is not a Germanic one
Why should i repeat everything when you close your ears? :confused: Nordic culture is not exclusive Germanic --- ring ring ring!! :coffee: And Latvia is very strong influenced from Swedes and Germans in the hsitory! Latvia was in the Hanse and the Hanse was a North European trade union and not a East European trade union and not a South European trade union....:rolleyes:
I tell you, use a map and look at our position on the map!! We are at Baltic sea and our direct neighbour over the small Baltic sea is Sweden. Many part of Latvia are more northern of most of Danish regions and Denmark is Northern Europe
http://www.startlatvia.com/images/latvia-on-map.jpg

We are Northern European or North East European but not East European!! Look at the standard defintion ----http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe

And also, what is the huge difference between Estonians and Latvians in look?
Visit Estonia and Latvia and see yourself i can not make obersations for you. :lightbul:

Hors
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
-I speak a Baltic language with Latvian and a Germanic language with German and not a Finno-Ugric language
-I look not Finno Ugric with my traits and my family is not Finno-Ugric

But you DO look Finnish, even East-Finnic, especially because of your traits

Äike
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Why do you generalize all Latvian people Karl?? :mad: Yes there is maybe a Finnic influence in Latvia but not all Latvians have Finnic influence. Northern Latvians at the border to your country have more influence and some others have no influence! You know i am sure some Estonian and Finnic have saami influence but i dont say all Estonians and Finnic have saami blood!!

Only people in Northern Scandinavia have Saami influence.

and btw, Estonians aren't the main element of Finnic influence in Latvia. The main element are Livonians.

Why cant you stay fair??
Why don't you educate yourself about Latvian history?

We Latvian are not Finnic with our language,
True, although there are Finnic influences.

not with our culture
That's why I think Latvians are semi-Northern Europeans, not enough Finnic(Northern European) culture. But there are influences again.

and and not to a big part with our blood!!

That's false. I'll post my link (http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml) again...

Latvians are one of the most Finnic people in Europe. Only Finns and NW-Russians are more Finnic. Estonians are about the same as Latvians.

And our traits are different Finnic people look total different to us Balts.

That's false. When was the last time that you visited Latvia and Estonia? ;) Estonians and Latvians look practically the same, mostly belonging to the West-Baltid subrace.

Balts are less blond and less light eyed then Finnics, but the differences aren't that big. Balts are still one of the lightest people of Europe, because of the Finnic influence.

If you open the eyes and visit my country or Lithuania you can see it yourself okay??

I've been to Latvia several times. ;)

You love your Finno Ugric ethnicity and i love my Baltic ethncity and all is okay.

I love Finnics, Balts, Germanics etc. I'm just trying to educate you about Latvia and Latvians, as you're a Latvian and should know elementary things.

All in short for you:

True, Finnic influence on Latvian culture isn't huge.

A Baltic language with a Finnic accent.;)

I know.

-I look not Finno Ugric with my traits

You can't put a "=" between language groups and subraces... But you look the same as Estonians, just like most of Latvians.

and my family is not Finno-Ugric

Genetically it is.

Yeah, let's forget the fact that anthropologically and genetically, the closest people to Latvians are Finnics(Estonians).;)

Let's also forget that by some researches, Latvians have more Finnic genes then Estonians. ;)

You're practically saying that you never want to have a relationship with a Latvian, because Latvians are genetically Finno-Ugric.

All further posts by you, arguing the obvious(I have given enough proof), will be ignored by me. You got clear evidence that the amount of Finnic blood in Latvians is very big and you still argue the obvious? No point in replying to you then. :coffee:

Hors
10-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I only date Europeans, not Eurasians.

And as an American residing in the US you should have a really hard life then...

The Lawspeaker
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Inese- just a question. You only have 25 percent German blood I wonder. Latvia is suffering severely from a low birthrate and the Latvian population is small.
Would you go back to Latvia and marry a Latvian ? Do your country a favor and give birth three or four Latvian boys- as there is also a shortage of men.

I know that you are all set with Finsterer but that thought just crossed my mind.

Beorn
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2q4azV6s5_w/RpO6m2qeLuI/AAAAAAAAAE0/SagCvkeK2dE/s320/attila_the_hun.jpg

Tony
10-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I tell you, use a map and look at our position on the map!! We are at Baltic sea and our direct neighbour over the small Baltic sea is Sweden. Many part of Latvia are more northern of most of Danish regions and Denmark is Northern Europe
http://www.startlatvia.com/images/latvia-on-map.jpg

I like your patriotism but this is too much , the chart is distorted , as you go further north the countries are overestimated , I think they're enlarged at the computer , Latvia looks larger than Greece lol :rolleyes:

this is the correct one

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Europa-it-politica-coloured.svg/690px-Europa-it-politica-coloured.svg.png

Inese
10-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Let's also forget that by some researches, Latvians have more Finnic genes then Estonians. ;)

You're practically saying that you never want to have a relationship with a Latvian, because Latvians are genetically Finno-Ugric.
Hm yes we are more Finnic as the Finns and more Estonian as the Estonians!! :rolleyes: Sorry but :033102st: Hello i can not believe that you are writing serious here --- it is a shock! What is your goal when you occupy my country as Finnic territory?? Tell me please it makes no sense. Your opinion is that when i say i dont want a relationship with a Estonian man i say i dont want Latvian man at the same time?? It is mega stupid and you have a anti national opinion: Anti national against my country!

My country is not your country and my culture is not your culture okay!?? You get it please. There is a little Finnic influence but we are not a Finnic nation!! When you say different things i will not discuss with you any minute more because you show very strong evilness for my country and our Latvian identity!! :mad:

But you can sit next to your new friend --- Hors!! He has the same opinion:

But you DO look Finnish, even East-Finnic, especially because of your traits

He says i look East-Finnic. :hawI tell you , you ally up with Hors against my country!!? This is so sick i am out of words! No more comment....celebrate your new Finno-Ugric Russian alliance but do it without me. Very disapointing and sad!

All further posts by you, arguing the obvious(I have given enough proof), will be ignored by me. You got clear evidence that the amount of Finnic blood in Latvians is very big and you still argue the obvious? No point in replying to you then. :coffee:
Ethnicity and identity is more than a stupid single dns haplogroup!! But you dont need to ignore me because i ignore you on this topic now , you think you can insult Latvian history and identity and Baltic ethnicity.

Inese- just a question. You only have 25 percent German blood I wonder. Latvia is suffering severely from a low birthrate and the Latvian population is small.
Would you go back to Latvia and marry a Latvian ?
Hi! :wavey001: I say not for the first time that i want to go back to Latvia later when i am well educated and with a good job --- it is my home and my heart beats for Latvia. But i dont want to marry now , maybe in 10 years!?? And when all runs well i am in 10 years back in Latvia, i am 28 years in 10 years. It is the perfect age for marriage!!:icon_yes: Many crazy things can happen in 10 years.

Do your country a favor and give birth three or four Latvian boys- as there is also a shortage of men.

I know that you are all set with Finsterer but that thought just crossed my mind.
You can not plan if you get girls or boys! ^_^ But i want to have 2 or 3 childs later. Not now, i am too young. Alright??
You can make wonderful Germanic Dutch kids in that time, you are in the right age. Go!! ;)

Hors
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
He says i look East-Finnic. :haw

You ARE Finnic. It's undeniable truth. You even have got an epicanthus, it makes you essentially Finnic.

Do you also have shovel-shaped incissors?

Fortis in Arduis
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
You ARE Finnic. It's undeniable truth. You even have got an epicanthus, it makes you essentially Finnic.

Do you also have shovel-shaped incissors?

Probably yes.

I am so bored with her incessant use of double punctuation marks and her squealing voice.

Will somebody please shut the Princess Bleach Blonde of Epicanthus the fuck up? :mad:

Inese
10-06-2009, 07:49 PM
:coffee: You can not anger me now i know you are only a very stupid and crazy person who has much joy when he can provocate others with total crap!!

Probably yes.

I am so bored with her incessant use of double punctuation marks and her squealing voice.

Will somebody please shut the Princess Bleach Blonde of Epicanthus the fuck up?
And what have i done to you?? :mad: Thank for your friendly words out of the blue --- yesterday you made a friendship request and i did the mistake to accept you. But okay you must not go into your profile now i have solved my mistake already. I tell you, you can give me bad names how often you want if it make you feel cool but i know you could not treat me like that in reality Mister Yoga Autist! :levitate::tape: The next big diapointment now, i have enough for today

Skandi
10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Probably yes.

Will somebody please shut the Princess Bleach Blonde of Epicanthus the fuck up? :mad:

And we are bored of you constantly picking on other peoples English. And use of unnecessary insults.

:focus:

Phlegethon
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I have to agree with him, though. It is extremely annoying. Reading such posts gives me the sound of a hysterically shrieking girlie in my ears.

Óttar
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Austria = Austria :confused:!

The Austrians voted to become a part of Germany after WWI. The Allies wouldn't let them because they didn't want German territory to expand. The Austrians welcomed the Nazis with open arms, despite what the Austrian government will tell you about an invasion and (non-existent) Austrian resistance. Modern Austrians who deny a link with Germany, fighting over the nationality of Mozart, are provocateurs ignorant of history.

Fortis in Arduis
10-06-2009, 08:27 PM
And what have i done to you?? :mad:

What does that have to do with anything?

You have been broadly offensive and trollish towards every single person who has made the unfortunate mistake of reading your ill-contrived posts, let alone the actual members of this forum towards whom you have directed your ill wind.

Thank for your friendly words out of the blue --- yesterday you made a friendship request and i did the mistake to accept you.

I was hoping that you might improve upon your failings. How disappointing you have been.

But okay you must not go into your profile now i have solved my mistake already.

You are a big baby.

I tell you, you can give me bad names how often you want if it make you feel cool but i know you could not treat me like that in reality Mister Yoga Autist!

Ha!

You do not know me, but I do know a loud abrasive bleach blonde with epicanthi when I see one!

The next big diapointment now, i have enough for today

Poor you; I am having a marvellous time in Brighton:

http://mapsinternational.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brighton.jpg

http://www.freefoto.com/images/1015/12/1015_12_2---The-Royal-Pavilion--Brighton--Sussex_web.jpg

Perhaps you should think before you insult others with your stupidity !! <--:p

:coffee:

tE9-eh1bWOc

Hors
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
:coffee: You can not anger me now i know you are only a very stupid and crazy person who has much joy when he can provocate others with total crap!!

It's not crap. It's a skin fold of your upper eyelid (from the nose to the inner side of your eyebrow) covering the inner corner of your eye. You see it every day in a mirror/looking glass, many a time.

It betrays your Finnic origin. You're Euroasian, albeit more on the Europid side.

Beorn
10-06-2009, 08:42 PM
It betrays your Finnic origin. You're Euroasian, albeit more on the Europid side.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/shes-got-the-look/2005/06/24/1119321909631.html

Makes sense as to why everyone seems to go weak kneed around her. :coffee:

Loki
10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
All you guys ganging up on an 18-year old girl?

Beorn
10-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Would it make a difference if it was an 18 year old boy? That would be an interesting thread actually.

Poltergeist
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
All you guys ganging up on an 18-year old girl?

She can't suffer any real harm anyway. This is just teh internet.

Loki
10-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Would it make a difference if it was an 18 year old boy?

Not necessarily. Forget the girl part. It just comes across as "a bit much" to assail Inese from all sides, an 18-year old who has just recovered from hospitalisation, by fully adult men.

Phlegethon
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Apparently she has recovered quickly, as her posts are back to her normal already. And I think our criticism is well justified.

Skandi
10-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Right guys you have had your fun, any more posts that are off topic will be removed. Fair warning given.

Phlegethon
10-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Bully!

Skandi
10-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Right that is quite enough. Sorry if any of you lost anything good in there, but I could not be bothered to read through all the off topic dross and attacks to find it. Keep this to topic only.

Beorn
10-07-2009, 12:03 AM
What happened to our free speech? :D Why not just make a split? Entitle it: "Why women can get away with crap and men are "bullies."" or some such.

Skandi
10-07-2009, 12:06 AM
What happened to our free speech? :D Why not just make a split? Entitle it: "Why women can get away with crap and men are "bullies."" or some such.

If you wish to make such a thread make it in the fight club it is for that purpose I believe, this one is not.

Beorn
10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
You've hastily deleted all the posts. There's no point now. The conversation has been ruined.

Aemma
10-07-2009, 01:52 AM

Dear gods Beornie, this isn't the Gerry Springer Show! :rolleyes: :D

Lysander
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
You are taught wrong but it is no wonder , maybe the teachers in Greece are not competent when the topic are Northern European things. :icon_yes:
You should know since you have studied there... Oh no... Wait, you haven't. Albeit we might not be experts on Northern Europe but we certainly do study European history from the Hammerfest to Crete.

Then you are crazy and have no wisdom ---- sorry i have to say it!! You know, Nordicism is about traits and Nordic traits are not only in Germanic people , they are also in many Balts, Celts , Slavs and Finno-Ugrics. Nordic traits are not a exclusive part of Germanic people!!
Sigh... No it isn't, I have nordic traits and am Greek so I should know. Stop reading between the lines. What I said was that Nordicism is a Germanic ideology. Latvians were hardly a Herrenvolk by Nordicist standards.

By the way; "you have no wisdom"? Did you just arrive from 1000 AD or what?

Hm then you see very bad Mister Greece at the border to Turkey, Albania Macedonia and Bulgaria!! I am very sure you have much experience with Nordic people when you have that countrys as neighbours....:rotfl: ^_^
I got one word for you missy: tourism.
I work with a sailing company that works with this Scandinavian travel agency called Apollo. All I've done all summer long since I was 17 is sailing Scandinavian tourists around the Ionian so yes I meet hoards of them.

And you know nothing about Nordic people and Nordicism too :banghead: The Germanic Übermenschen theory of Third Reich was not Nordicism --- it was Germanicism. Hitler was not a real Nordic and other important Nazis were not Nordic also!!
Jesh, you really are something aren't you?
That's EXACTLY what it is, before the word Nordic came along the anthropologists behind the idea actually used the word "Teutonic" to describe it. And the Teutons, as I'm sure you know, were German (and thus Germanic) knights sent with both a holy blessing and the blessing of the Kaiser to conquer the Baltic and Polish lands for what was an early variety of lebensraum for Germanic people.
They had no intention of sharing the land with Balts or Slavs. The Germans were lords and the indigenous peoples were serfs.
Teutonic=Germanic=Nordicism, get it?
Just because every people with a handful of blondes living in the proximity of the Nordic countries decided they should be included it doesn't mean that the ideology has changed.

You mix things total up and Germanicism is not Nordicism!!
All the same pre-ww2.

It is not weired , it is normal --- Latvia is one of the most Nordic countrys in the world after Sweden Finland and Estonia.
Based on what, the amount of blondes? Give me a break. You might even have move blondes than they do in Iceland but the Icerlanders are still more Nordic than Latvians or Germans are.

Blonde hair does not make you Nordic. You are Baltic/German.

Close your gap in edcuation please , thank!! :embarrassed
That doesn't even mean anything.
Yaba daba doo.

Inese
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Sigh... No it isn't, I have nordic traits and am Greek so I should know. Stop reading between the lines. What I said was that Nordicism is a Germanic ideology. Latvians were hardly a Herrenvolk by Nordicist standards.
My grandfather is a German and knows much about ideology of 3th reich you know?? :coffee: I tell you that i believe a witness of the time very much more than a greece student.:rolleyes: Germans were thinking of Balts not as a master race that is true but they saw us as allied people over the " Untermenschen". And they saw Nordic traits not only in Germanic people they saw them in Finno-Ugrics and Balts and some Slavs and Celts too okay??

I got one word for you missy: tourism.
I work with a sailing company that works with this Scandinavian travel agency called Apollo. All I've done all summer long since I was 17 is sailing Scandinavian tourists around the Ionian so yes I meet hoards of them.
And you sail around with tourists and think you know all about Northern Europe?? Have you Latvian tourists?? Hello what is your logic ---- when you go fishing every day at the Greece coast you know all about fishes worldwide? :tsk:

That's EXACTLY what it is, before the word Nordic came along the anthropologists behind the idea actually used the word "Teutonic" to describe it. And the Teutons, as I'm sure you know, were German (and thus Germanic) knights sent with both a holy blessing and the blessing of the Kaiser to conquer the Baltic and Polish lands for what was an early variety of lebensraum for Germanic people.
They had no intention of sharing the land with Balts or Slavs. The Germans were lords and the indigenous peoples were serfs.
Hmm you are switching the topic!! :mad: First you say it was a ideology of 3th reich and now you come with Teutonic Knights?? :confused: I was saying to you that Nordicism of the Nazis was not the same like Germanicism and it is normal that many Nordicists are not Germanic!! Finnic Nordicists , Germanic Nordicists, Baltic Nordicists and some Slav Nordicists. Why do you dont understand it?

Teutonic=Germanic=Nordicism, get it?
Yes Teutonic is Germanic but Germanic is not automatic Nordicism --- when i have to repeat it 10 times more i want to have 1 euro of you for every repeat....O.o

Based on what, the amount of blondes? Give me a break.
Yes i give you your break and i hope you use your break to think about :embarrassed

Hussar
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
And they saw Nordic traits not only in Germanic people they saw them in Finno-Ugrics and Balts and some Slavs and Celts too okay??

........many Nordicists are not Germanic!! Finnic Nordicists , Germanic Nordicists, Baltic Nordicists and some Slav Nordicists. Why do you dont understand it?

Inese.......sorry for the criticism, but......WHAT is exactly "nordicism" ? What means ?

To discuss on an internet board the most intriguing hypothesis and our deepest feelings is a thing, but the real world is another thing.

And in the real world i've never found the term "nordicism" as aggregative ideology : Germanism end Slavism are ideologies (in a certain sense : meta-ethnic ideologies), shaped since the first decades of XIX century.
But the term "Nordicism" doesn't exist, per sè, if not like a component of something other (germanism for ex.).

An independant "nordicism" (as a trescending ideology) has never existed if not as phenomenon of internet boards in the western emisphere between 2003-2009 :rolleyes:

(p.s. = i'm studying at a doctoral level...)

Murphy
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Nordicism is baisically about Nordics thinking they are somehow superior in any way, shape or form to the swarthy hordes. They wish to protect themselves from us swarthynauts who wish to overthrow Nordic civilisation and drink the blood from their females :lol00002:!

NORDICS BEWARE!

Regards,
Eóin.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Nordicism is baisically about Nordics thinking they are somehow superior in any way, shape or form to the swarthy hordes.............

....even in that case, it's not an ideology. It's just a sort of feeling. You need much more to build a real ideology.

What the hell have to do Germanic and Ugro-finnic worlds ? The same percentage of blondism (i don't think that either, but...) ? Is it enough to elaborate a doctrine ?

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Nordicism is baisically about Nordics thinking they are somehow superior in any way, shape or form to the swarthy hordes. They wish to protect themselves from us swarthynauts who wish to overthrow Nordic civilisation and drink the blood from their females :lol00002:!

NORDICS BEWARE!

Regards,
Eóin.
I too am a "political Nordicist" as I call it. If you just look at the map of Europe: which countries usually perform the best both socially, economically and in terms of stability ?

The Scandinavian countries (including Iceland), the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Britain, Austria and those with a real potential are Estonia and Latvia. The more southern- and eastern you get the worse it gets: Italy, the Balkans, Russia, Romania, Bulgaria, Portugal.
Spain is the only exception in that region at least when it comes to the economy (apart from Lombardy in Italy) and that's because of the more recent economic miracle. Paid for the northern states in Europe btw.

Murphy
10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I too am a "political Nordicist" as I call it. If you just look at the map of Europe: which countries usually perform the best both socially and economically ?

Very few are doing good socially, in my opinon. Economically however, I will give you that. It's a false sense of security though procured for you in the short term by your Jewish financers.

The more southern- and eastern you get the worst it becomes: Italy, the Balkans, Russia, Portugal.
Spain is the only exception in that region (apart from Lombardy in Italy) and that's because of the more recent economic miracle. Paid for the northern states in Europe btw.

All traditional Christian countries that would not bend to the capitalism that evolved in the northern nations. The north of Europe only really took off when the Jews were invited by their Protestant brothers after being given the boot from Catholic nations.

Capitalism will only sustain you for so long. But you've given up the soul of your nations for a few £. Money doesn't last forever.

Regards,
Eóin.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 03:07 PM
By that logic, you 'Nords' are so far inferior to the Arabic world ;)

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
By that logic, you 'Nords' are so far inferior to the Arabic world ;)
Would you call the Arab world stable in any way ? ;)

Murphy
10-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Would you call the Arab world stable in any way ? ;)

You think the northern European economies or societies are stable either? ...

Regards,
Eóin.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes, yes I would.

Kuwait for example, then United Arab Emirates etc all financially superior to any European country.

Then Japan, also economically far superior etc

Kuwait Dinar still the strongest currency in the world, I bet they wipe their asses and light cigarettes with European money.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, yes I would.

Kuwait for example, then United Arab Emirates etc all financially superior to any European country.

Then Japan, also economically far superior etc

Kuwait Dinar still the strongest currency in the world, I bet they wipe their ass and light cigarettes with European money.
That's only recent and guess why ? Oil.

anonymaus
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Indeed, and: Oil they largely stole from us and thereafter had it protected by our military and diplomatic endeavours because we want access to it at a good price.

Skandi
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Indeed, and: Oil they largely stole from us
Uh?

Hors
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I too am a "political Nordicist" as I call it. If you just look at the map of Europe: which countries usually perform the best both socially, economically and in terms of stability ?

The Scandinavian countries (including Iceland), the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Britain, Austria and those with a real potential are Estonia and Latvia. The more southern- and eastern you get the worse it gets: Italy, the Balkans, Russia, Romania, Bulgaria, Portugal.
Spain is the only exception in that region at least when it comes to the economy (apart from Lombardy in Italy) and that's because of the more recent economic miracle. Paid for the northern states in Europe btw.

It's (partially) true only for the last 50 years. And it's over now.

For centuries southern European countries lived much better than their northern neighbours. The colonial period changed a lot for NW Europe, but Scandinavia remained poor till XXth century.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM

There gotta be the reason and it is not the colour of the skin or eyes, or god forbid - hair

What is the reason behind strong economic situation in some WE countries ?

Starting with colonization, then exploitation of cheap labor, corporatism, jewish investors and corruption? Reason is irrelevant

Why is there millions of Poles working in Ireland or England?

And why England moved their call centers to - wait for it - India?

How many English people stay workless or work much cheaper because of all this? Nah, I am not sure many Westerners lives better than me ;)

Find me a noble way to get money - and also - where does ethical superiority fit in it?

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Having much money in your pockets without clever ideas about how to reinvest it is not of much worth for the long-term economic development. It seems to be the case with many of those oil-rich countries which got plenty of money all of a sudden, after the oil was discovered there.

As for the divide between northen and southern Europe, it is ridiculous to claim that southern Europe retained its "soul". It didn't. Southern European countries made a trade-off: their soul for cash from Brussels. They are no less Zeropean than the north now.

anonymaus
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Uh?

Uhh. (http://books.google.ca/books?id=TUXMk_aKFJMC&pg=PA29&lpg=PA29&dq=saudi+nationalization+of+oil&source=bl&ots=q3_I4T0Z-f&sig=e_UBcIG9GT4rlJLNOHSQZWtZIps&hl=en&ei=agTOSpJf1NCUB-6JkKkK&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=onepage&q=saudi%20nationalization%20of%20oil&f=false)

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
There is no superiority, just politics and history. WE and NE countries weren't under slavery during Medieval times, had their Renesance, Absolutism, Colonism, Victorian Era. Our development almost stopped in 13th century, however on much higher level. Some Balkan states existed with their state structure, culture, religion, military power, laws much earlier than France, Germany, UK which were only groups of tribes

Svarog
10-08-2009, 03:31 PM
@Noomenon - Yeah - true.

Getting the same system, work your whole life from 9 to 5, get a car, house etc in bank on a credit, that you'll repay for the rest of your life - pay for health care, school *sell a kidney (or two)* to pay your children's university and hope they don't get pregnant or married while there. Eat on your feet in a local Burger King and in the evening hit it off with a can of beer and a 'Big Brother'.

I always wondered when I would see Germans, English etc tourists - why the hell are all of them are 70+ or teenagers? You work your whole life spending money on all of that crap and putting 'spare' on your bank account so you could enjoy it with two pace-makers after?

That's how it is going to get here - starting with entering Jewropean Union - no thanks - I prefer my life now, where I get time for everything, can travel every year to seaside and for winter holidays in Europe, where I don't have my whole life programed and think I am happy because I am told I am - screw that, I am seriously considering moving to China or Tibet from this shitty Continent.

At least we don't get to watch at niggers, arabs and other new Europeans walking around, yesterday, I saw two black chicks on university, yay, it started.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
The Scandinavian countries (including Iceland), the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Britain, Austria and those with a real potential are Estonia and Latvia.

By this logic , Poland , Belarus and some regions of Russia (largely northeuropid) are excluded.

We're at the same point : the nations you mentioned are mostly Germanic. So.....this is Germanism, and not nordicism.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
By this logic , Poland , Belarus and some regions of Russia (largely northeuropid) are excluded.

We're at the same point : the nations you mentioned are mostly Germanic. So.....this is Germanism, and not nordicism.
Good point.

Barreldriver
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM

NORDICS BEWARE!

Regards,
Eóin.

The swarthynauts will rise! I will spread my dark hair and ability to get a mild farmers tan over the world!

Murphy
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
The swarthynauts will rise! I will spread my dark hair and ability to get a mild farmers tan over the world!

The Astronauts went to the moon. The Swarthonauts will go to Stockholm!

Regards,
Eóin.

Barreldriver
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
The Astronauts went to the moon. The Swarthonauts will go to Stockholm!

Regards,
Eóin.

And lets not forget Hordaland! :D

Äike
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM

The Scandinavian countries (including Iceland), the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Britain, Austria and those with a real potential are Estonia and Latvia.

You have a point. In 1991, Estonia was at the same level as Moldova, but now Estonia is the most advanced country in the ex-USSR. Although the Russians here have caused several problems, like crime and HIV. Before WW2, Estonia was more advanced than Finland.

Northern Europeans aren't superior by hair color, eye color, pigmentation, nor genetics. I would say that it's the culture that gives the advantage. Estonians were the only ethnicity in the USSR that got free without any bloodshed. Mainly because of our calm nature and Nordic culture.

In 1990, the Estonian government was surrounded by a very large amount of Russians(thousands) who tried to break in. The government made a plea of help in the radio. Tens of thousands of Estonians showed up and surrounded the Russians. The Russians were between the Government house(Toompea) and between the Estonians. Result: The sea of Estonians made a 4m wide corridor and allowed the Russians to leave. There was no violence towards the Russians at all, even tough they were visibly outnumbered.
Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9l7Oa0I1k

There's no genetical superiority, there is cultural superiority.

Inese
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Inese.......sorry for the criticism, but......WHAT is exactly "nordicism" ? What means ?
The term is new for me i have read it here in Apricity some month in the past and it describes what i think in my mind for a long time. And it is not a very new word --- google can list you many sites about Nordicism ok?!!

For me it has to to with Nordic traits in European people.:nod You know , most people on the world are black haired with dark eyes and a brown or dark skin!! I was reading on different studies that people with light traits like blonde hairs , light eyes and a fair complexion have only a rate of 4 or 5% of world population and our rate is droping with every day!! You can look in Europe that natural blonde and light people are a minority. Why is it like that?? I tell you why: Our Nordic traits are genetical recesive and darker genes are dominant. And when people mix more and more our Nordic genes get washed down!
We Nordic people are very special in the world and you can find nowhere our traits outside of Europe ---- and please dont come to me with Albino cases in negros it is completly different!! :rolleyes:

You know , i dont say that Nordic people are better than darker European everywhere but our traits make us special and i want to preserve our special traits! Our traits are recesive and that is the reason why i think we should not mix with darker people or swarthy people of Southern Europe or with people outside from Europe.

You understand that please?? Thank! "Nordicism" is for me the preservation of our Nordic traits and when dark haired and dark eyed people from Southern European countrys feel offended then it is not my problem!! Dark eyed and dark haired people with browner skin are not dangered of dying out but we are. Maybe you have no problem with it that in 100 or 200 years most of Europe looks like Balkan when we dont preserve the Nordic traits but i have a problem with it and i am not alone!! And Nordic people have a good culture too.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Then I am a "Nordicist" as well. Indeed- blond hair, grey, green or blue eyes and those specific Northern traits are indeed much more rare then the "darker traits" you find in Southern Europe and increasingly here in Northwestern Europe as well.
And they should be (where possible) preserved. But the question is how we can preserve them.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
in 100 or 200 years most of Europe looks like Balkan
You'd only wish that in 200 years since Balkanoids are at least Europeid, unlike the minorities in WE countries;) And seems people prefer them to us, because it's not "modern" nor "tolerant", nor "multiculti" to like Balkanities

Svarog
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
My whole family is blue eyed and blond - WHOLE family, I am the only 'darker' one and I am also naturally blond with green eyes, that is just look, nothing else.

And no Karl - culture do not make money - beside - if you determine superiority base on capitalism then I am pretty sure i want to be inferior. Culture leach money, not make it, oil make money, investments makes money and I am sure it is a damn good deal to invest in a post communist country such is Estonia where people is willing to work - as much as Estonia gained which is - I am sure a LOT people who invested got more.

Yugoslavia was one of the the richest country in Europe for many years before the wars, and it was a 'communist' country - it has nothing to do with ethnicy, culture or anything else - DEAR GODS!

Beside, most Western European countries ATM are communist countries anyway.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
You understand that please?? Thank! "Nordicism" is for me the preservation of our Nordic traits and when dark haired and dark eyed people from Southern European countrys feel offended then it is not my problem!! Dark eyed and dark haired people with browner skin are not dangered of dying out but we are. Maybe you have no problem with it that in 100 or 200 years most of Europe looks like Balkan when we dont preserve the Nordic traits but i have a problem with it and i am not alone!! And Nordic people have a good culture too.

Blue eyes and blond hair have nothing to do with 'Nordicism' or being Nordic looking, educate yourself. I saw your pictures and you are not even Nordic, your skull says differently.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
My whole family is blue eyed and blond
The half of my family is blond and blue eyed, how strange, isn't? :D

As for economic power, one of the most developed countries now is Japan, the whole world market is kept by China, Little Dragons and Little Tigers. Those are Asian countries, populated by "nonwhites".

Svarog
10-08-2009, 05:00 PM

As for economic power, one of the most developed countries now is Japan, the whole world market is kept by China, Little Dragons and Little Tigers. Those are Asian countries, populated by "nonwhites".

That is exactly what I am talking about, Arabia and east Asia - the cradle of Aryanism :D

PS we can make merge our families and make little Aryan soldiers of Balkans, then slay all the inferior ones and raise as the Phoenix from the ashes, of course, swarthy people we like can be in charge of everything - just as Uncle Himmler

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM

Yes but here in Europe all the stable countries are North-western European.
And- yes- apart from parts of Switzerland, Latvia, Estonia and Finland and Lombardy in Italy they are all Germanic.
Ireland and Spain are only recent additions.

Perhaps it is more related to culture. Northern Europeans are hard-working, ambitious people that value to be left alone to do their own thing. Japanese are also a hard working, ambitious people that are extremely disciplined and have a herd mentality.

China is just sheer mass and tight centralized control and like Russia's "economic miracle" in the early 30s it will be stopped dead in it's tracks by reality within a couple of years.

Äike
10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
And no Karl - culture do not make money - beside - if you determine superiority base on capitalism then I am pretty sure i want to be inferior. Culture leach money, not make it, oil make money, investments makes money and I am sure it is a damn good deal to invest in a post communist country such is Estonia where people is willing to work - as much as Estonia gained which is - I am sure a LOT people who invested got more.

You did understand me wrongly. I based cultural superiority on the fact that Estonians were the only people that got free from the USSR without any bloodshed.

I also do not determine superiority by capitalism. Most ex-USSR countries have corruption problems, while Estonia doesn't(culture). Doesn't greed equal capitalism? Corruption=Greed

Of course it's a "damn good deal" to invest in a post communist country, lots of opportunities. Estonia wasn't the only post communist country in Europe in the 90's. ;)

Inese
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
You'd only wish that in 200 years since Balkanoids are at least Europeid, unlike the minorities in WE countries;) And seems people prefer them to us, because it's not "modern" nor "tolerant", nor "multiculti" to like Balkanities
I dont like Balkan people in our countrys and some are mixed with non-European and i dont like Non-European in our countrys but when i have to pick one side to stay i pick Balkanoid because they are more European than Non-Europeans at least, okay?? :rolleyes: I tell you, i cantunderstand why you feel always offended by my opinion ---- you can do what you want in Balkan and your traits are not dangered of dying out: 90% of the world is dark haired and everything. :embarrassed

Hm sometimes i think Southern people feel that they are left out because Nordicism is a exclusive ideology and not a inclusive. But if we are inclusive we will lose because the traits are recessive can you please understand that?? :confused:

You people dont need to understand my opinion or agree with me but you can respect it and i respect your other view

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Yes but here in Europe all the stable countries are North-western European.
And- yes- apart from parts of Switzerland, Latvia, Estonia and Finland and Lombardy in Italy they are all Germanic.
Ireland and Spain are only recent additions.
The most stable for now. Who knows what would happen in few years since the world economics and politics are changing so dramatically.
Economic prosperity isn't a sign of superiority since Ancient times.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
The most stable for now. Who knows what would happen in few years since the world economics and politics are changing so dramatically.
Economic prosperity isn't a sign of superiority since Ancient times.
Apart from that we always had political stability, some form of decentralization and indirect or direct popular participation.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 05:09 PM
You did understand me wrongly. I based cultural superiority on the fact that Estonians were the only people that got free from the USSR without any bloodshed.

I also do not determine superiority by capitalism. Most ex-USSR countries have corruption problems, while Estonia doesn't(culture). Doesn't greed equal capitalism? Corruption=Greed

Of course it's a "damn good deal" to invest in a post communist country, lots of opportunities. Estonia wasn't the only post communist country in Europe in the 90's. ;)

You got a point there, but there are other factors too.

It is true that Estonia is only the non-screwed ex-USSR country, in pretty much each and every way.

We were receiving prospects today on my university and there are colleges that search for talented students to sponsor them (I got full scholarship from the university in Turku/Finland plus allowance :D which i am gonna reject probably but not sure yet - it is a bit tempting) - Estonia offers best deal which is weird since most of Europe participate and Estonia is an educated country already, it does show they got money to play with and invest further

But that is exactly what I am talking about, ex-communists countries are progressing them fast just if someone is willing to invest damn - yet - lobbying again.

Äike
10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
I dont like Balkan people in our countrys and some are mixed with non-European ( Turks and some more)and i dont like Non-European in my countrys but when i have to pick one side to stay i pick Balkanoid because they are more European than Non-Europeans at least, okay?? :rolleyes: I tell you, i can not understand why you feel always offended by my opinion ---- you can do what you want in Balkan and your traits are not dangered of dying out. 90% of the world is dark haired and everything. :embarrassed

Are there any Balkan people in Latvia? And how aren't Balkan traits not dangered of dying out? "90% of the world is dark haired and everything"...

This:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8o12NMELSYA/Se6wW4xM65I/AAAAAAAABjI/fWPSi4HZoCE/s400/untitled2.bmp

and this:
http://madnews.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/nasnigger1.jpg
aren't the same thing.

You're claiming that Balkan people aren't dangered at all from dying out because they have "dark hair" and 90% of the world has dark hair anyway. How ignorant can you be?:....

Svarog
10-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Hm sometimes i think Southern people feel that they are left out because Nordicism is a exclusive ideology and not a inclusive. But if we are inclusive we will lose because the traits are recessive can you please understand that?? :confused:

I am gonna answer you 100% honestly - Southern people don't give a shit about Nordicism beside few Nazi fetish morons, what makes us tired tho is uneducated kids like you spreading crap around without even knowing what are you talking about.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I dont like Balkan people in our countrys Are we in "your countries". I guess not.

and some are mixed with non-European ( Turks and some more) Mixing with turks is not approved here as you might think, at least within the normal people. It's quite more popular in WE. We're always accused of being "racist" by your media, if you don't know...

and i dont like Non-European in my countrys but when i have to pick one side to stay i pick Balkanoid because they are more European than Non-Europeans at least, okay?? :rolleyes: Let's make a thread about level of Europeaness!:D

I tell you, i can not understand why you feel always offended by my opinion ---- How can I be offended by things that are not against me or my style of living, but some virtual gypsoid stereotype?

you can do what you want in Balkan and your traits are not dangered of dying out. 90% of the world is dark haired and everything. :embarrassed
You seem to have quite narrow system of classifying people into "dark haired" and "blond haired". If we talk about subraces I don't think exactly my subracial type (Pontid) is the most common one. Having particular eye/hair color is nothing itself. For instance I know children with Japanese father, who are blond. As for dying out, whole my nation is dying and maybe we are not going to exist in 100 years, so don't worry, you'd last longer because your larger number. You seem to be totally lack of information about most European countries.

But if we are inclusive we will lose because the traits are recessive, can you please understand that??
OK! OK! Don't worry, I'm not going to marry a blond Germanic Nordid (is marring with local Nordid allowed:confused:?), nor to go into your country to commit crimes. Understand?:D

Black Turlogh
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Most "southern" people probably don't give a flying fart in high wind about Nordicism or Nordics. But you have to understand that when you go on about people having "swarthy minds" and pretending as though being of dark hair and dark eyes is something to be ashamed of, people are going to take issue. Which isn't to say that the slagging you've received is warranted, but it's of little surprise.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Are there any Balkan people in Latvia? And how aren't Balkan traits not dangered of dying out? "90% of the world is dark haired and everything"...

This:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8o12NMELSYA/Se6wW4xM65I/AAAAAAAABjI/fWPSi4HZoCE/s400/untitled2.bmp

and this:
aren't the same thing.

You're claiming that Balkan people aren't dangered at all from dying out because they have "dark hair" and 90% of the world has dark hair anyway. How ignorant can you be?:....

Well- it is not as extreme as you portray it but what we are getting here is more of this:

http://www.geocities.com/luxsol2001/photo/francesco.jpg

Now this particular chap that I found on Google is an Italian but I too have the feeling that we are seeing more of them then we used to.

Sixty years ago the average Dutchman was blond and blue or grey eyed. Brown also was prevalent.

http://www.hollandscheveld.nl/foto/KLAS10W.jpg
1930's

http://www.julianadorp-parelvandekop.com/nieuws08/maart08/2e-klas-lagere%20school-ong1931-jpvk.jpg

A 1931 primary school class.

http://www.stevels.eu/klassenfoto/chloe-klas-2008.jpg

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Now this particular chap that I found on Google is an Italian but I too have the feeling that we are seeing more of them then we used to.

I think you're exaggerating.

Sixty years ago the average Dutchman was blond and blue or grey eyed. Brown also was prevalent
And HE IS NOW. If we don't count the many mullatos presented in all European nations today. Anyway, the blood of the Italian would merge with the Dutch one within the generations (if all Dutch, of course), so no dark features will show. But I'm not sure about the black and asiatic one.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I think you're exaggerating.
:rolleyes: Why don't you come and have a look for yourself ? Travel through Northwestern and Northern Europe.

And HE IS NOW. If we don't count the many mullatos presented in all European nations today. Anyway, the blood of the Italian would merge with the Dutch one within the generations (if all Dutch, of course), so no dark features will show. But I'm not sure about the black and asiatic one.
Here you are. Mullatos. You know I can't stop noticing when I am watching 1930's, 1940s and 1950s vids how quintessential Dutch people look.
How quintessential Germanic. So- yes- I can't help but becoming alarmed.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 05:35 PM

DAMN!!! Look at all those Balkan people spoiling Dutch genes :eek:

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:36 PM
DAMN!!! Look at all those Balkan people spoiling Dutch genes :eek:
No- you Balkanoids are innocent. This is not you riff-raff (;)) doing that.
Look further South and further East.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
On the other hand, do you think that Northern Euros are the only who suffer from mixed marriages? Keeping your dark hair doesn't mean keeping the pure genes and traits of your nation.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
And it is not a very new word --- google can list you many sites about Nordicism ok?!!

Ehm........."Google" isn't exactly an academic source, but, ok. ;)

You can look in Europe that natural blonde and light people are a minority. Why is it like that?? I tell you why: Our Nordic traits are genetical recesive and darker genes are dominant. And when people mix more and more our Nordic genes get washed down!
We Nordic people are very special in the world and you can find nowhere our traits outside of Europe ---- and please dont come to me with Albino cases in negros it is completly different!! :rolleyes:.........make us special and i want to preserve our special traits! Our traits are recesive and that is the reason why i think we should not mix with darker people or swarthy people of Southern Europe or with people outside from Europe.
You understand that please?? Thank! "Nordicism" is for me the preservation of our Nordic traits and when dark haired and dark eyed people from Southern European countrys feel offended then it is not my problem!!

Ok ok, Miss.........calm you fury. You're quite outspoken and clear :tongue:)

Your lines don't clarify at all the concept of nordicism (in the ideologic sense) to be sincere, but do clarify your feelings very well. ;)

I'll respect your feeling avoiding to answer (for the moment), but keep in mind thing : the somatic traits you mention, are presente everywhere in Europe. Not only in northern Europe.

To accept a nordicist political identity would imply to accept as fellow every people with nordid traits (from SPAIN to RUSSIA). If you're coherent.

Maybe you have no problem with it that in 100 or 200 years most of Europe looks like Balkan when we dont preserve the Nordic traits .........

Are you so sure that Balkans are like you imagine ?

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
On the other hand, do you think that Northern Euros are the only who suffer from mixed marriages? Keeping your dark hair doesn't mean keeping the pure genes and traits of your nation.
I think that the problem is less substantial in Southern Europe but is also growing rapidly there as the number of immigrants is growing by the day.
But I am more concerned about my own country and about those who are in league with it (culturally, linguistically and historically) then about a country half-way across Europe.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Are you so sure that Balkans are like you imagine ?

Tragicomedy here is that Balkans are far more 'white' than any other part of Europe :p

Hussar
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
My whole family is blue eyed and blond - WHOLE family, I am the only 'darker' one and I am also naturally blond with green eyes, that is just look, nothing else.

good to have a Serbian here to ask confirm (the same question is for Vojvoda too).

ARE the Balkans dark as peoples here imagine ? (maybe i'll open a thread about)

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 05:52 PM
But I am more concerned about my own country and about those who are in league with it (culturally, linguistically and historically) then about a country half-way across Europe.
Of course, but we are somehow traveling far from the main idea of European preservation that way, aren't we?

No need if you don't want it to go into the Big Fight group :D

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Of course, but we are somehow traveling far from the main idea of European preservation that way, aren't we?
Perhaps so. But the rest of Europe is the rest of Europe. The Netherlands is a European country but still the Netherlands.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
good to have a Serbian here to ask confirm (the same question is for Vojvoda too).

My region of Serbia:

65.05% Serb
14.28% Hungarian
2.79% Slovak
2.78% Croat
2.45% Yugoslav
1.75% Montenegrin
1.50% Romanian
1.43% Roma
7.97% other

Yugoslavs are usually people from the mixed marriages between Serbs and Croatians.

Between 5 and 10 black people, and around 200 Asians

You can find various traits in looks, my comrade from Chicago came here and said he never saw more different people from one ethnic group, most people I do know are not even kind of 'dark' - especially guys.

Southern Serbia is a bit worse, but still does not look like Iraq or London.

Quite frankly I don't give a shit about hair colour, pigment etc as long as Serbs are majority of people and the minorities are from the neighboring countries and not from the middle east or Africa

Baron Samedi
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
What would you think or do if by a chance you happen to merry... say... Kate Beckinsale, and years later you find that she was 1/8 Burmese?

Or a better question, since I believe it is not perceptible any Burmese ancestry, imagine you'd fall in love for her and have a promising future with her or something. Would the discovery make you lose your love or any previous solid intention of marrying and have children with her (or only the latter)?

Marrying Kate Beckinsale would be a dream come true for me, and I would not change anything knowing she was 1/8'th Burmese.

How silly....

fratelloRocco
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
1/4 arab would be fine? For me yes

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 06:14 PM
1/4 arab would be fine? For me yes
For some reason arabs disgust me more than blacks and asians.

Phlegethon
10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Lots of Arabs are Asians, though.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Lots of Arabs are Asians, though.
I meant East Asians (Mongoloids).

Inese
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Latvia has only very less Balkans in the big citys but Sweden has many of them!! And here in Germany Balkan people are nearly everywhere :rolleyes:

This:

and this:
aren't the same thing.

Hm that is no good comparsion Karl :coffee: Normal Balkan people on the street dont look like that model and Europe has not a big problem with black people ---- we have a problem with people from Near east and middle east and you know that okay!? They are not black, they are swarthy and arabic or something in the direction.

Hello!?? I dont say Balkan people are black people but they have darker traits and the traits of them are dominant to our traits. And Balkan people are not in a big danger of dying out. Maybe a little but not much like people with Nordic traits!! And if you open your eyes please you can see it. 200 years ago people with Nordic traits had a higher rate in Europe countrys and look what is happening now?
And dont call me ignorant , it is you who says that Latvia is more Finnic as Finland or Estonia!! :mad: You are ignorant to Latvian identity and culture and now you begin again with it

I am gonna answer you 100% honestly - Southern people don't give a shit about Nordicism beside few Nazi fetish morons, what makes us tired tho is uneducated kids like you spreading crap around without even knowing what are you talking about.
:blah:
And when you dont give a shit why do you people ask me about Nordicism and want that i explain my opinion?? O.o I tell you , you say you dont care but for not caring you are very angry and annoyed ....:033102st: If you dont critizise my opinion i would have no reason to talk one word with you so i hope you give really a shit now and dont annoy me with your interested desinterest, pff

Mixing with turks is not approved here as you might think, at least within the normal people. It's quite more popular in WE. We're always accused of being "racist" by your media, if you don't know...
Yes that is super and okay!! :thumb001: What you make in your Balkan countrys is good but i dont want that it comes to Northern Europe

You seem to have quite narrow system of classifying people into "dark haired" and "blond haired". If we talk about subraces I don't think exactly my subracial type (Pontid) is the most common one. Having particular eye/hair color is nothing itself. For instance I know children with Japanese father, who are blond. As for dying out, whole my nation is dying and maybe we are not going to exist in 100 years, so don't worry, you'd last longer because your larger number. You seem to be totally lack of information about most European countries.
Yes i dont know everything about European countrys but i dont not need to know everything to understand that Nordic traits in European people are in danger and that we must preserve them, you get that?! I dont need to know 2000 years of Bulgarian history for it or the last 5 cesars of Roman Empire!! :lightbul: I can see what happens to us and it is not good.
I have my right to have my opinion and ideology and you have your right to your opinion and ideology and all is good. But people like Svarog make me a little angry who say they dont give a shit but are regular poster in threads about Northern European people and Nordicism....

OK! OK! Don't worry, I'm not going to marry a blond Germanic Nordid (is marring with local Nordid allowed:confused:?), nor to go into your country to commit crimes. Understand?:D
Yes i dont ask people from your region for more.:icon_yes:

Äike
10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
And dont call me ignorant , it is you who says that Latvia is more Finnic as Finland or Estonia!! :mad: You are ignorant to Latvian identity and culture and now you begin again with it

Fact: Latvians have about the same amount of Finnic genes as Estonians.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes i dont ask people from your region for more.
Neither do I ask people from your region for more. You know, WE criminals also come here, commit crimes (mostly pedophiles and homosexuals). There are already many mixed couples (mainly with British citizens). As I've written somewhere, European inbreeding leads to extinction of typical national traits, preserved and formed for hundreds of years.
We have scum, you have scum. Don't think your scum is welcomed here.
For your information, the girl in the pic is from the darker, but Europeid types here. Even not quite attractive compared with other typical types, if you ask me. Anything that looks "arabic" is in fact gypsy. Gypsies seem to love western culture, so they go abroad quite often. I don't mind that, since the less gypsies here, the better life is (yeah, that's selfish and nonpreservionist, I know :D).

But as my mother says "There is no need to prove you're not a camel".
I think is just better for the most members of TA to know the facts about my region directly from "the horse's month".

Phlegethon
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
I meant East Asians (Mongoloids).

Then you should have said so.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Well- it is not as extreme as you portray it but what we are getting here is more of this:

http://www.geocities.com/luxsol2001/photo/francesco.jpg

Sixty years ago the average Dutchman was blond and blue or grey eyed. Brown also was prevalent.

http://www.hollandscheveld.nl/foto/KLAS10W.jpg
1930's

http://www.julianadorp-parelvandekop.com/nieuws08/maart08/2e-klas-lagere%20school-ong1931-jpvk.jpg

A 1931 primary school class.

The influx of foreign scum and the mixing actually seems to be fairly recent as these picture shows... taken in Amsterdam in 1984:

http://mijntheater.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/06/lagere_school_klas_5_en_6.jpg

Amsterdam, 2008:

http://www.iederslandcollege.nl/activiteiten/2008-11-15-Klassen_FOTO/Fotoboek/Klas_1B_-_tm_nov_2008.jpg

Even the teacher is non-Dutch.

In parts of the country, including on a local primary school here, the situation is THAT bad.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I think someone has a problem and that's not us for now :D
Ordinary school pictures:
http://dariknews.bg/uploads/news_images/200907/photo_verybig_379350.jpg
http://www.119sou.com/docs/1238607323.jpg (yeah, there is one Asian kid)
http://www.perfektna.com/images/2_klas_klasa.jpg
http://www.24chasa.bg/Images/Cache/Image_224143_6.jpg
http://geobg.co.cc/pictures/S_5Klas.jpg

Hussar
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Yugoslavs are usually people from the mixed marriages between Serbs and Croatians.
Between 5 and 10 black people, and around 200 Asians
You can find various traits in looks, my comrade from Chicago came here and said he never saw more different people from one ethnic group, most people I do know are not even kind of 'dark' - especially guys.
Southern Serbia is a bit worse, but still does not look like Iraq or London.

Last summer i spent 2 months in Moskow in an international school of languages.

The majority of students were from slavic countries (from Poland and Ex-Jugolavian area).

I was placed in a class of beginners amongst 20 Serbs :tongue

They where all from Novi Sad (Vojvodina). I noticed that.......they tended to be even lighter on average than the average of Italians (an hypothetical "standard" italian average, considering Sicily and southern regions too).

Is it just my ubjective impression or something more ?

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, Balkanoids tend to be lighter than Southern Italians;)

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
The thing is with the Netherlands (and this could be our salvation for now) is that we have an almost natural separation. Something that our pro-multiculti government is desperately trying to combat but as of yet (thank God) to no avail.

Primary schools are usually either white or black. Christian schools are of course white. Public schools are of course black or mixed and then we have some Islamic schools that are of course fully black.

When it comes to middle schools (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Dutch_Education_System-en.svg): VMBO's and MBO's are usually black, those above it usually white.
Schools like "lyceums" and "gymnasiums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnasium_%28school%29#Dutch_Gymnasiums)" are usually fully white as this picture in Breda shows (2008):

http://www.gymnasiumbreda.nl/klfoto/groot/4g.jpg

Yes- they still exist.
Let's hope that "white schools" will continue to exist but the government is trying to break up those "white bastions" (as they call it) as we speak.

Heimmacht
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
When it comes to middle schools (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Dutch_Education_System-en.svg): VMBO's and MBO's are usually black, those above it usually white.
Schools like "lyceums" and "gymnasiums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnasium_%28school%29#Dutch_Gymnasiums)" are usually fully white as this picture in Breda shows (2008):

http://www.gymnasiumbreda.nl/klfoto/groot/4g.jpg

:eek: BREDAAAA!!!!! :thumb001: :D :icon_yell: Brabant is scon!

Phlegethon
10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Whenever I hear Breda I have to think of the Breda Four.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Latvia has only very less Balkans in the big citys but Sweden has many of them!! And here in Germany Balkan people are nearly everywhere :rolleyes:

Believe it or not - yes, many Serbians girls look just like that but a bit better - I don't particular like her look.

Hm that is no good comparsion Karl :coffee: Normal Balkan people on the street dont look like that model and Europe has not a big problem with black people ---- we have a problem with people from Near east and middle east and you know that okay!? They are not black, they are swarthy and arabic or something in the direction.

Because you've been to Balkans and do know how people here looks? :rolleyes:

Hello!?? I dont say Balkan people are black people but they have darker traits and the traits of them are dominant to our traits. And Balkan people are not in a big danger of dying out. Maybe a little but not much like people with Nordic traits!! And if you open your eyes please you can see it. 200 years ago people with Nordic traits had a higher rate in Europe countrys and look what is happening now?

:blah:
And when you dont give a shit why do you people ask me about Nordicism and want that i explain my opinion?? O.o I tell you , you say you dont care but for not caring you are very angry and annoyed ....:033102st: If you dont critizise my opinion i would have no reason to talk one word with you so i hope you give really a shit now and dont annoy me with your interested desinterest, pff

Listen you - I must say - dumbass - I did not even mention Nordicism or anything about it - you did and the Irish mate, I was answering your retarded claims and insults on Balkan people (You started out of the blue btw) and just said you are not Nordic looking, and my people not your SS handbook bullcrap, I don't give a shit about you, your people whoever they are as you are immigrant yourself or your 'barbie girl in a barbie world' teenage drama.

And yes, you are ignorant, stupid and self-obsessed stubborn spoiled brat.

Yes that is super and okay!! :thumb001: What you make in your Balkan countrys is good but i dont want that it comes to Northern Europe

Actually, it is the other way around, you are the ones asking us to come to your world which - so far so good - we're managing to avoid. Once you let us live the way we chose we might have more consideration for your crap and the crap 'Europe' is drowning us in

I have my right to have my opinion and ideology and you have your right to your opinion and ideology and all is good. But people like Svarog make me a little angry who say they dont give a shit but are regular poster in threads about Northern European people and Nordicism....

Excuse me? Where did you see me participating in any anthropological thread?

Read the topic of this thread - I was answering your petty insults on Balkans and believe it or not - I have way more connections with Northern Europe than you with your grandfather.

I have English, French and Danish people in my blood line, I am just not writing around I AM ENGLISH FRENCH AND DANISH because of some minor blood and because I consider myself pure Serb and nothing else and my granddad is a Russian and no - I am not 25% Russian either.

Heimmacht
10-08-2009, 08:06 PM

:mmmm: The Breda what!?

Svarog
10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Last summer i spent 2 months in Moskow in an international school of languages.

The majority of students were from slavic countries (from Poland and Ex-Jugolavian area).

I was placed in a class of beginners amongst 20 Serbs :tongue

They where all from Novi Sad (Vojvodina). I noticed that.......they tended to be even lighter on average than the average of Italians (an hypothetical "standard" italian average, considering Sicily and southern regions too).

Is it just my ubjective impression or something more ?

yeah, I am from Novi Sad too, a lot of people here goes to study to Moscow, I am considering studying one year abroad too atm but Moscow did not want me at all :mad: so I would be a bit western if i decide to do so..

I odn't know for the Italians but I sure do like how the Italian girls look like :D

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Yugoslavia was one of the the richest country in Europe for many years before the wars, and it was a 'communist' country - it has nothing to do with ethnicy, culture or anything else - DEAR GODS!

You must be joking.:D:rolleyes:

Svarog
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes, yes it was, the same way WE is rich now, credits and loans which we all are repaying now, so, literally, i am paying an actual taxes to cover my grandparents luxuries in the 70's and 80's.

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I dont like Balkan people in our countrys and some are mixed with non-European

As if anyone wanted to come to live to your shitty country.

Come on, nobody is so stupid here as not to know that Latvia is still pretty poor country, debt-ridden and with many economic problems, lagging behind most of the nordic countries which you fetishize so much and want to be considered as part of their cultural sphere. If economic development is the supreme criterion for everything, then you are not doing well. Isn't your obsessive nordicism maybe a tool to hide your own inferiority vis-a-vis other nordic countries?

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes, yes it was, the same way WE is rich now, credits and loans which we all are repaying now, so, literally, i am paying an actual taxes to cover my grandparents luxuries in the 70's and 80's.

You are right. But it means it was not real wealth. Just fiction. Which we have to repay now, dearly.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
The worst Dutch legal mistake ever. They should have lined them all up.

:mmmm: The Breda what!?
Four Nazi war crims that we forgot to line up (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vier_van_Breda).
In particularly Kotälla and Lages should have received a single fare to the Waalsdorpervlakte: Kotälla tortured inmates at concentration camp Amersfoort and had this thing with hunting down priests (he was also after Jews but that's of secondary importance to me) and Lages took part in arresting and killing resistance fighters like Johannes Post and Hannie Schaft and in the murder of the novellist A.M de Jong - and was heavily involved in the Silbertanne-killings as well as arson.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
You are right. But it means it was not real wealth. Just fiction. Which we have to repay now, dearly.

Yeah, I know.. but still, that is how most of the 'rich' countries today work, what was responsible for that scam of the collapse recently? Huge bank loans of the rich countries, America lives on credits, just as any other country, so you're temporarily rich until the payback time arrives. World economic crisis and similar scams are such a good example for rich to get richer and poor to, by some miracle, get even worse.

Now I have to pay for 20 years of taking loans and credits, as it is not enough I have to worry how am I gonna pay bills for he next month but also have to pay for something I did not even have any use of :confused:

Mercantilism, banking.. gotta love it!!

Hussar
10-08-2009, 08:41 PM
yeah, I am from Novi Sad too, a lot of people here goes to study to Moscow.......

Really ? Is it a kind of generational tradition of your region ?

You must be joking.

No. In a certain sense he has right.

From what i know in the 60/70's The Jugoslavian Federation under Tito reached a level of economic growth and general development superior than the average of socialist countries of East Europe (just behind the German DDR).
In the 70/80s it almost reached (for some points of view) the level of a medium-little western nation. Incredible thing for a Socialist country.

But we have to consider that Jugoslavia wasn't a conventional nation of the socialist bloc : notoriously independant from USSR, and charachterized by its own systems.

Phlegethon
10-08-2009, 08:48 PM
The worst Dutch legal mistake ever. They should have lined them all up.

The problem with the Dutch is that they also played the liberal holier than thous while in fact they were petty, hysterical, rancorous hypocrites. Did anyone get arrested for the massive crimes committed in the politionele acties like in Rawagede, West Java?

The Dutch are only very good at pointing the fingers at others.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
The problem with the Dutch is that they also played the liberal holier than thous while in fact they were petty, hysterical, rancorous hypocrites.
Coming from a Boche I take that as a compliment.

Did anyone get arrested for the massive crimes committed in the politionele acties like in Rawagede, West Java?
Actually- as far as I know: yes.

Several (42 people were sentenced, unfortunately no officers)more were arrested and appeared before Dutch criminal courts for war crimes murders committed during the politionele acties . They got locked up in Dutch New Guinea.
But this was indeed a very harsh war. My grandfather fought in it and someone else that had fought there told me that Rawagede was not too dissimilar from what you have now in Afghanistan. Also these people were Muslim terrorists and if that is the case then they deserved what they got.

And actually the Dutch Government publically apologised for what has happened during the politionele acties but the Indonesians never apologised for what happened during the Bersiap.

But then again during the "Bersiap-periode (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersiap)" some 5000 Dutch, including women and children, were murdered by the Indonesians and that was BEFORE the arrival of Dutch troops.

This coming from a people that murdered half of Europe while only "following orders" I find that pretty rich.

Svarog
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
But we have to consider that Jugoslavia wasn't a conventional nation of the socialist bloc : notoriously independant from USSR, and charachterized by its own systems.

Yugoslavia was a capitalistic country, that used to sit on two chairs. Yugoslavia and USSR had pretty much hostile/tense relation while with USA we had 'friendly' give me your money relation. So, just to make a balance exist our army would 'accidentally' shoot an American plane here and there while first official diplomatic relation between Yu and USSR was after Stalin died.

Pretty genius actually, you don't have Soviets in your country like just north Hungary did and yet you get an American cash, of course it could have not last forever :D

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
From what i know in the 60/70's The Jugoslavian Federation under Tito reached a level of economic growth and general development superior than the average of socialist countries of East Europe (just behind the German DDR).

The year 1975 was the first year in which Yugoslavia had enough wheat to feed its population. That says something about that alleged "great development".

Yes, it was in some aspects economically stronger country than other eastern European countries, but it can't be considered as truly developed for that reason only.

In the beginning of the seventies more than a million people left the country to work as guestworkers in Western Europe. Truly a sign of developed nation, really?

In the 70/80s it almost reached (for some points of view) the level of a medium-little western nation. Incredible thing for a Socialist country.

Maybe. With stress on that: for some points.

Yes, but connected to the marvelous west, headed by USA, which gave it lavish loans and supported it until its very end, even when it was not viable any more. And loans have to be repaid, you know.

Much of the industry was pretty outdated already in the beginning of 80ies and the export drastically declined.

Damião de Góis
10-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Not very likely. Besides i am mostly atracted to girls with a similar background as me.

Phlegethon
10-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Also these people were Muslim terrorists and if that is the case then they deserved what they got.

Well, they were defending their own country, exactly the same route you use for the Dutch in WW2. Another nice example for Dutch double standards.

So if the "Muslim terrorists" got what they deserved the muslim reconquista of the Netherlands is what you deserve!

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, they were defending their own country, exactly the same route you use for the Dutch in WW2. Another nice example for Dutch double standards.

So if the "Muslim terrorists" got what they deserved the muslim reconquita of the Netherlands is what you deserve!
Perhaps, by your logic, the Germans deserved the displacement of 12 million and the rape of 5 million of it's citizens then as well. And of course 40 years of partition and occupation.

Phlegethon
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Well, Indonesia never ever was Dutch. Eastern Germany had been German, and not some overseas colony that got exploited. But the fact that you come up with such a crap comparison tells me that you're cornered already.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Pretty genius actually, you don't have Soviets in your country like just north Hungary did and yet you get an American cash, of course it could have not last forever :D

The adavantages to be a nation of the "third front" (like Cuba, India etc.) ;)

Anyway after Czech-Slovakian invasion of 1968, Tito was ready to resist to a possible Soviet invasion (remembering how the country resisted against 30 Whermacht divisions during the world war II)

Jugoslavian area is terribly difficult to invade in comparison to other nations like Poland, Hungary, etc. i guess.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, Indonesia never ever was Dutch. Eastern Germany had been German, and not some overseas colony that got exploited. But the fact that you come up with such a crap comparison tells me that you're cornered already.
Not really. East Germany once was Sorbian and was only Germanized during the 16th century. Not too mention the people living in what is now Silezia in Poland. That was never German untill the 18th century and was more Germanized during the 19th or the people living in East Prussia. That was never German either.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Not really. East Germany once was Sorbian and was only Germanized during the 16th century.Actually that would have been the 12th./13th. century:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/Zyklop/689f6355.gif

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Anyway after Czech-Slovakian invasion of 1968, Tito was ready to resist to a possible Soviet invasion (remembering how the country resisted against 30 Whermacht divisions during the world war II)

Where did you learn that? In some book of fairy-tales?

Svarog
10-08-2009, 09:35 PM
This thread has seriously lost it haha

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Actually that would have been the 12th./13th. century:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/Zyklop/689f6355.gif
So ? Those areas weren't yours to begin with.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
So ? Those areas weren't yours to begin with.
Why not?

Hussar
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Where did you learn that? In some book of fairy-tales?

Tito considered a possibility of resistence in the case. Have you ever seen a university Nooumenon ?

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Why not?
Because they were inhabited by someone else who got colonized by the Germans. That's why.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Because they were inhabited by someone else who got colonized by the Germans.And before that they were inhabited by Germans who got colonised by Slavs. So what?

Poltergeist
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Tito considered a possibility of resistence in the case. Have you ever seen a university Nooumenon ?

I was speaking about your mythical 30 Wehrmacht divisions.

Have you seen your psychiatrist recently, Hussar?

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
And before that they were inhabited by Germans who got colonised by Slavs. So what?
It isn't your land. Plain and simple. Anyways further East. The Polish lands that were partitioned and taken over by the Germans.
What about the 19th century Kulturkampf ?

Hussar
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Because they were inhabited by someone else who got colonized by the Germans. That's why.

Good point.

We could debate how is valid the concept of "Germanization" from a Pan-germanist point of view (since it's clear that many native slavs were germanized over the centuries).

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
It isn't your land. The Polish lands that were partitioned and taken over by the Germans.

That too once was Germanic until being colonised by Slavs.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/Zyklop/7ab5db39.gif

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 10:00 PM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/Zyklop/7ab5db39.gif
2000 years ago. That's not exactly valid is it ? You colonized them in the Middle Ages until the 17th century. The Kulturkampf was in the 19th century..

Hussar
10-08-2009, 10:00 PM

"Eastern germans" were autoctonous populations germanized.

Even genetic maps of European su-structure confirmed it.

Come on.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
2000 years ago. That's not exactly valid is it ? You colonized them in the Middle Ages until the 17th century. The Kulturkampf was in the 19th century..It was you who came up with the Sorbs.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
It was you who came up with the Sorbs.
As a good example. It still doesn't make you the real owner of those lands. Anyways- there are some more lands that the Germans should "hand over" then: the Hertogdom Gulik to the Netherlands, and the same for the Graafschap Bentheim and the Landen van 's Hertogenrade (all three spoke Dutch or Dutch-related dialects) until the late 19th century) and Sleswick to Denmark which Germany stole in 1864.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
As a good example. It still doesn't make you the real owner of those lands. Anyways- there are some more lands that the Germans should "hand over" then: the Hertogdom Gulik to the Netherlands, and the same for the Graafschap Bentheim and the Landen van 's Hertogenrade (all three spoke Dutch until the late 19th century) and Sleswick to Denmark.
Since the Netherlands originally are German I think it's rather you who should "hand over" territories. ;)

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Since the Netherlands originally are German I think it's rather you who should "hand over" territories. ;)
Nope. We shouldn't. We are independent from the HRE and Spain. ;) While your country was just an aggressive power that is responsible for two World Wars.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Nope. We shouldn't. We are independent from the HRE and Spain. ;) While your country was just an aggressive power that is responsible for two World Wars.

Yo know, i don't pretend that germans renounce to their will to be an international power, but you can't say that those populations of eastern Europe are pure germans by ancestry.

Damião de Góis
10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey my post was on topic!

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111463&postcount=145

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Funny how your view on originally Sorbic regions (i.e. East Germany) changes 180° when it comes to originally German regions (i.e. the Netherlands). Must be the Dutch double standards Phlegeton was referring to.

Skandi
10-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey my post was on topic!

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111463&postcount=145

If any others have ended up in the wrong thread tell em I knew I would miss a few.

Hors
10-08-2009, 10:37 PM

The Netherlands is an integral part of Germany. No doubt about that.

Hors
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Funny how your view on originally Sorbic regions (i.e. East Germany) changes 180° when it comes to originally German regions (i.e. the Netherlands). Must be the Dutch double standards Phlegeton was referring to.

True. The Dutch are a duplicitous lot. Not to be trusted.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 10:41 PM
The Netherlands is an integral part of Germany. No doubt about that.

They don't speak the same language. On what base you would support such claim as an assimilation of Netherlands to Germany ?

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Emmlichheim -Emmelkamp (in both Dutch and dialect)
Emmerich - Emmerik (formerly part of the Duchy of Guelders)
Geilenkirchen- Geelkerken
Geldern- Gelderen (it gave it's name to Guelders and later on Gelderland)
Goch- Gogh
Jülich- Gulik (Gulik was part of the Duchy of Guelders and so were most other places in this list)
Hoch-Elten - Hoog- Elten
Moers- Meurs
Mönchengladbach- Monnikken- Glaabbeek
Bentheim- Benthem
Neuenhaus- Nieuwenhuis
Nordhorn - Noordhoorn (in both Dutch and dialect)
Veldhausen- Veldhuizen
Wesel- Wezel
Selfkant- Zelfkant (the word is even being used in a Dutch proverb)
Zwilbrock- Zwilbroek
Herzogenrath- 's Hertogenrade
Suderwick-Zuiderwijk
Tüddern- Tudderen.

:thumb001: Be sure to clean them up before you hand them over. It shows that the names that are being used for the towns are not the original names. But Germanized.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Waterburcht_Anholt.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Anholt_Ratskeller.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Wesel_lutherhaus_v_1729.jpg

Looks very "German" does it ?

Hors
10-08-2009, 10:49 PM
They don't speak the same language. On what base you would support such claim as an assimilation of Netherlands to Germany ?

Dutch is just a dialect of German. It is about as distant from Middle German as Northern German dialects are. So if Northern Germany is Germany, why the Netherlands are not NW Germany?

Hussar
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Dutch is just a dialect of German. It is about as distant from Middle German as Northern German dialects are. So if Northern Germany is Germany, why the Netherlands are not NW Germany?

Hmmm..........the difference between German language and dutch language is comparable to the difference between Italian languae and Spanish language. Then.......italians would have the right to claim some spanish regions ?

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 10:57 PM
It shows that the names that are being used for the towns are not the original names.
Speaking ugly dialects is not enough to claim independence. Request denied. ;)

Hors
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Hmmm..........the difference between German language and dutch language is comparable to the difference between Italian languae and Spanish language. Then.......italians would have the right to claim some spanish regions ?

I was talking about NORTHERN German dialects. They're very close with the Dutch "language".

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Nah. That's because you don't speak Dutch. There is a big difference between German and Dutch.

For instance:

The Lords Prayer in Dutch

<dl><dd>Onze Vader Die in de Hemelen zijt,</dd><dd>Uw Naam worde geheiligd;</dd><dd>Uw Koninkrijk kome;</dd><dd>Uw wil geschiede,</dd><dd>gelijk in de Hemel alzo ook op de aarde.</dd><dd>Geef ons heden ons dagelijks brood;</dd><dd>en vergeef ons onze schulden,</dd><dd>gelijk ook wij vergeven onze schuldenaren;</dd><dd>en leid ons niet in verzoeking,</dd><dd>maar verlos ons van de Boze.</dd><dd>Want van U is het Koninkrijk</dd><dd>en de kracht en de heerlijkheid</dd><dd>tot in eeuwigheid.</dd><dd>Amen.</dd></dl>And in "High" German:

<dl><dd>Vater unser, der du bist im Himmel,</dd><dd>Geheiliget werde dein Name.</dd><dd>Dein Reich komme.</dd><dd>Dein Wille geschehe,</dd><dd>wie im Himmel also auch auf Erden.</dd><dd>Unser täglich Brot gib uns heute.</dd><dd>Und vergib uns unsere Schuld,</dd><dd>wie auch wir vergeben unseren Schuldigern.</dd><dd>Und führe uns nicht in Versuchung,</dd><dd>sondern erlöse uns von dem Übel.</dd><dd>Denn dein ist das Reich und die Kraft und die Herrlichkeit in Ewigkeit.</dd><dd>Amen.</dd></dl>

And in "Low" German ("North German" for Hors):

<dl><dd>Uns Vadder in'n Himmel!</dd><dd>Laat hilligt warrn dien Naam.</dd><dd>Laat kamen dien Riek.</dd><dd>Laat warrn dien Willen so as in'n Himmel,</dd><dd>so ok op de Eerd.</dd><dd>Uns dääglich Brood giff uns vundaag.</dd><dd>Un vergiff uns unse Schuld,</dd><dd>as wi de vergeven hebbt,</dd><dd>de an uns schüllig sünd.</dd><dd>Un laat uns nich versöcht warrn.</dd><dd>Mak uns frie vun dat Böse.</dd><dd>Denn dien is dat Riek un de Kraft un de Herrlichkeit in Ewigkeit.</dd><dd>Amen.</dd></dl>And actually since Dutch doesn't have cases anymore (since quite some time) unlike German (which has 4) learning German is quite difficult for Dutch (the words are not a problem- grammar is) and learning Dutch for a German is equally as difficult but not impossible.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Speaking ugly dialects is not enough to claim independence. Request denied. ;)

Ys, according to this reasonment then, France would have the historical right to assimilate my region of origin at 80% .

(.....................................)

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
First paragraph of the Dutch national anthem:

Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
den vaderland getrouwe
blijf ik tot in den dood.

William of Nassau
am I of German blood.
Loyal to the fatherland
I will remain until I die.

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 11:06 PM
First paragraph of the Dutch national anthem:

Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
ben ik, van Duitsen bloed,
den vaderland getrouwe
blijf ik tot in den dood.

William of Nassau
am I of German blood.
Loyal to the fatherland
I will remain until I die.
Yes. That's because William of Orange was a German nobleman and born in Dillenburg.
It's about HIM- not about us.

Lysander
10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
My grandfather is a German and knows much about ideology of 3th reich you know?? :coffee: I tell you that i believe a witness of the time very much more than a greece student.:rolleyes: Germans were thinking of Balts not as a master race that is true but they saw us as allied people over the " Untermenschen". And they saw Nordic traits not only in Germanic people they saw them in Finno-Ugrics and Balts and some Slavs and Celts too okay??
Okay... Well my grandfather is a brain surgeon so I like to work as one now and then too. Actually he is not but I hope you get the point.
Sure, you keep telling yourself that. It doesn't take much study to realize that Hitler had no interest in preserving a Baltic or Slavic eastern Europe. He continued the Teutonic agenda of Lebensraum. He wasn't a complete moron though and realized that Magna Germania could wait until after the war was won.
To fully understand this one must read much German history and really understand the German mind at this time. The royalty still had not given up the idea started so long ago by the Teutonic knights. The German upper class still believed that the Baltic and old Prussian territories were theirs by right. They had, as I said before, no intention of sharing it. The lower classes also sympathized with the Germans left in Danzig and other Parts seceded after WW1, this was their cassus belli.
And I can't stress the fact enough that Hitler wanted one united Germanic nation controlled from Berlin. Now coming back to my previous point of Poland and the Baltic in German control....
Are you starting to see the bigger picture yet?

And this is exactly what happens when you get obsessed with DNA and nationalistic dick waving contests. YOU HAVE 1 % [some weird ass name for some weird ass subrace never heard of] blood, you ARE NOT EUROPEAN BLAH BLAH BLAH.

READ: http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/authors/Sunic-Race.html
Read every part.

And you sail around with tourists and think you know all about Northern Europe?? Have you Latvian tourists?? Hello what is your logic ---- when you go fishing every day at the Greece coast you know all about fishes worldwide? :tsk:
What the HELL are you talking about? I never claimed any such thing, you're the one who started ranting about me not having any contact with Nordic people I simply proved you wrong. Stop throwing words into my mouth.

Hmm you are switching the topic!! :mad: First you say it was a ideology of 3th reich and now you come with Teutonic Knights?? :confused: I was saying to you that Nordicism of the Nazis was not the same like Germanicism and it is normal that many Nordicists are not Germanic!! Finnic Nordicists , Germanic Nordicists, Baltic Nordicists and some Slav Nordicists. Why do you dont understand it?
Yes because it's a continuum, history doesn't stop and start over every now and then. You can't separate the 3rd reich from the 1st- or 2nd reich. It's all a part of the larger German history, which is what I was trying to make you understand.

Yes Teutonic is Germanic but Germanic is not automatic Nordicism --- when i have to repeat it 10 times more i want to have 1 euro of you for every repeat....O.o
Sigh...

Yes i give you your break and i hope you use your break to think about :embarrassed
*Cluck cluck*. PAKAAAW.
See how easy it is to make no sense?

Mainly because of our calm nature and Nordic culture.

Try telling that to the vikings and they will chop your head right off your shoulders :P.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 11:18 PM
It's about HIM- not about us.As it should be :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
As it should be :thumb001:
After all. He led the rebellion and died a martyrs death.

But now we are independent and actually the war wasn't aimed (at first) against the HRE but solely against Spain. We also de jure became independent from the HRE in 1648 when the Peace Treaty of Münster (http://www.lwl.org/westfaelische-geschichte/portal/Internet/finde/langDatensatz.php?urlID=741&url_tabelle=tab_quelle)was signed.

And I actually think that if there would ever have been the slightest sign of a wish for "reunification" then Germany blew it in 1940.
The Netherlands was actually the most pro-German nation they attacked.

Zyklop
10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
And I actually think that if there would ever have been the slightest sign of a wish for "reunification" then Germany blew it in 1940. Sorry man.

Hussar
10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
And I actually think that if there would ever have been the slightest sign of a wish for "reunification" then Germany blew it in 1940.
The Netherlands was actually the most pro-German nation they attacked.

It's enough Laws. The peoples who read have understood i think.

You're wasting your breath arguing with that person.

Inese
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Since many supporters of nordicism are members here, i was really curious of their opinion about a situation like that.
Hello!?? Where are here many supports of Nordicism? :confused: Not many ---- maybe maximum 3 or 4 user!! I tell you there are more people here who would make a date with mixed people or people of outside Europe!!

Fortis in Arduis
10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Hello!?? Where are here many supports of Nordicism? :confused: Not many ---- maybe maximum 3 or 4 user!! I tell you there are more people here who would make a date with mixed people or people of outside Europe!!

You write absolute garbage.

Inese
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Because you've been to Balkans and do know how people here looks? :rolleyes:
No i dont go to that countrys but your countrys come to Germany , Sweden and other Northern European regions! :mad: Big communities of Yugoslav people and Bosnia and Albania are here ---- not in Latvia but in Germany and i see them very often. All with the name Djicric, lovic....so many -vic people. And you can see them from 20 meters that they are from the Balkan!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Evstafiev-bosnia-serbs-boy-gun-to-head.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Evstafiev-bosnia-sarajevo-serbs-toast.jpg

Very " friendly " people.....:coffee: Serbs and other Balkan people can be easy spot they have a unique face and eyes. Some look better and some not but i tell you that there is a typical Balkanoid trait in your people!!

Listen you - I must say - dumbass - I did not even mention Nordicism or anything about it - you did and the Irish mate, I was answering your retarded claims and insults on Balkan people (You started out of the blue btw) and just said you are not Nordic looking, and my people not your SS handbook bullcrap, I don't give a shit about you, your people whoever they are as you are immigrant yourself or your 'barbie girl in a barbie world' teenage drama. :music-smiley-004: Now you begin to insult me when you have a problem with my opinion and my ideology! Hm you know what: You think i am not Nordic looking and i think you people belong not here and all is good
Think of me what you want i know what i am and i know what you are not Mister Srbska Kalashnikovic!!

And yes, you are ignorant, stupid and self-obsessed stubborn spoiled brat.
From your mouth a compliment ---- thank!! :XFingers:

Actually, it is the other way around, you are the ones asking us to come to your world which - so far so good - we're managing to avoid.
Hm who is we?? You know, Latvians dont go to the Balkan. And German people come only to holiday

I have English, French and Danish people in my blood line, I am just not writing around I AM ENGLISH FRENCH AND DANISH because of some minor blood and because I consider myself pure Serb and nothing else and my granddad is a Russian and no - I am not 25% Russian either.
Okay i know now why you are so aggressive and insulting , you project your identity problem on me. :embarrassed

Nationalitist
10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Very " friendly " people.....:coffee:

Their more recent history belongs next to the Tutsi-Hutu of Africa.

Inese
10-09-2009, 03:15 PM
You write absolute garbage.
You think absolute garbage and that is a bigger problem. :coffee:

Fortis in Arduis
10-09-2009, 03:17 PM
You think absolute garbage and that is a bigger problem. :coffee:

Your writing has suddenly improved.

I appreciate your admitting to your failings.

Thank you. ;)

Heimmacht
10-09-2009, 03:33 PM

You have a point there, it's something our government is still very good at. But I'm not too proud of it either..

The Lawspeaker
10-09-2009, 04:09 PM
You have a point there, it's something our government is still very good at. But I'm not too proud of it either..
Tja. We zitten graag achter de dijk met ons opgeheven vingertje.
(It's good to sit behind the dikes with our vicar's little finger)

The thing is though that on the other hand the Dutch are still well known for their lengthly inquiries into the mistakes of the former or present government.
I know no other country that does so the way we do it.

Lysander
10-09-2009, 10:10 PM

You're the one who gets horny from looking at DNA. But don't worry, you will grow up in due time.:rolleyes:

Phlegethon
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah, our little Miss Saigon! ;)

Barreldriver
10-09-2009, 11:37 PM

Only 3-4 people support "Nordicism" because Nordicism is a very flawed ideology.
There are plenty of worthy European groups outside of the "Nordicsphere".

Brynhild
10-09-2009, 11:58 PM
It's no doubt already been said, but I can't understand why an 18 year old girl so easily riles the ahem men on this forum. Perhaps it's you who has problems in regards to your own self-control.

Barreldriver
10-10-2009, 12:09 AM
It's no doubt already been said, but I can't understand why an 18 year old girl so easily riles the ahem men on this forum. Perhaps it's you who has problems in regards to your own self-control.

I have plenty of self control, except for when it comes to food, tobacco, and alcohol. So thar.

Guapo
10-10-2009, 04:24 AM
And you can see them from 20 meters that they are from the Balkan!!

I can at least from 100 meters.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Evstafiev-bosnia-sarajevo-serbs-toast.jpg

What's wrong with this pic of Sarajevo Serbs? Tehy look Slavic.

Tabiti
10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Inese, why that "love" towards Serbs, since they are enemies of one of your favorite European nations - Albanians?

All with the name Djicric, lovic....so many -vic people.
Some jews also have -ich ending families, Croatians as well (but I'm sure you're not interested to hear that since you don't make any difference). BTW, do you check the ID cards of people passing near you on the street???

Serbs and other Balkan people can be easy spot they have a unique face and eyes.
Dinarid type is met even in Western Europe. Pontids can be accepted as the Eastern variation of Atlanto-Meds,;)
Dravid is not really a Balkan subrace.

but your countrys come to Germany , Sweden and other Northern European regions!
I don't know have any friends living in Germany. Most people go there only to study in the universities, because they are easier to go in and then come back. Don't mistake refugees and immigrants with the ordinary tourists, students and people on business trips. But I'll tell you a secret - you won't spot those ordinary people on the streets;)
And one other secret - not all Balkans are former Yugoslavia...
Third secret - we usually don't carry Kalashnikov every day :D

Svarog
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey - I do fit in the description

I do have a Kalašnjikov, marvelous piece of wood :)

And my surname is Živković

But - I don't go to western and Northern Europe, it does not make me happy looking at all the Turks and niggers doing your women - at least I base my insults on the truth.

Funny thing is, when a immigrant, such is yourself, raging against immigrants in the country he/she immigrated in - priceless :D

Poltergeist
10-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey - I do fit in the description

I do have a Kalašnjikov, marvelous piece of wood :)

And my surname is Živković

But - I don't go to western and Northern Europe, it does not make me happy looking at all the Turks and niggers doing your women - at least I base my insults on the truth.

Funny thing is, when a immigrant, such is yourself, raging against immigrants in the country he/she immigrated in - priceless :D

That's why she sticks to Nordicism as a convenient tool to excuse herself for the fact of being immigrant herself, while pouring scorn on other immigrants.

Herself being an immigrant doesn't matter because she (and her nation), as well as the host country in which she is residing, are "Nordics", while other, non-Nordic immigrants suck, according to her "logic".

Lysander
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM

You make it sound like 18-years-old would be a child. She is more than old enough to be held responsible for what she says.

Personally I couldn't care less if he/she/it was male, female, cyborg, hermaphrodite or extraterrestrial.

Fortis in Arduis
10-10-2009, 01:11 PM

Maybe it is because her posts look like this:

http://www.bundlesofjoy-shopping.co.uk/prodimages/large/girls_pink_bedroom.jpg

and sound like this:

zEzh10_xoqw

:)

Inese
10-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes you have no reason to look at the Turks in Western Europe ---- you know Turks very good from the many centurys of ocupation of your Balkan region with the Ottomans! :rolleyes: Why is Albania and Bosnia islamic?? Your Balkan was a Turkish province and not Western or Northern Europe!!
And yes i think it is very sad that many Turks , Balkanoids and other races are in Northern European countrys but i am against it.

I am not a immigrant because i have German family in Germany over my grandfather. And we make no problems we are culturaly compatibel and with the mind nearer at Northern and Western Europe than people from the South!! :coffee: But i want to go back to Latvia later

That's why she sticks to Nordicism as a convenient tool to excuse herself for the fact of being immigrant herself, while pouring scorn on other immigrants.
Hm i can tell you from experience that German people have no problem with Northern European friends like Latvian with the name Walters or Inese but with people who have the name Murat , Ivan, Mustafa and many more who are mixed or swarthy and pray to Allah the devil god!! People in Germany never see me as immigrant they only ask what my accent is ---- some think it is Scandinavian and other that it is Finnic

Svarog
10-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes you have no reason to look at the Turks in Western Europe ---- you know Turks very good from the many centurys of ocupation of your Balkan region with the Ottomans! :rolleyes: Why is Albania and Bosnia islamic?? Your Balkan was a Turkish province and not Western or Northern Europe!!

And yes i think it is very sad that many Turks , Balkanoids and other races are in Northern European countrys but i am against it.

I am not a immigrant because i have German family in Germany over my grandfather. And we make no problems we are culturaly compatibel and with the mind nearer at Northern and Western Europe than people from the South!! :coffee: But i want to go back to Latvia later

My region or the place where I live in Turkish leg has never ever stepped ;)

Turks might have been in some places on Balkans but that was 150 years ago and we successfully throw them out - however, your countries are the one occupied atm and i don't see you making them go while we're Turk free :p

And Balkan people are not a race for themselves - but I don't expect from you to make a difference between a race, nationality and a region :p

Then I would not be an immigrant in Russia, England, France or Denmark either - tho I am sure people there would think differently :p

PS - you are an immigrant and yes, I am sure you'll go back to Latvia one day, that's what you all say :p

Yes, Germans and Latvians strongly tied in history - if there were no Poles Latvia and Lithuania would not exist today :p

Tabiti
10-10-2009, 03:13 PM
If you call the Balkan religion turkish because the Ottoman rule then we should call all Europe Roman. In fact it was almost the same, even with less influence since the difference in religions and cultures. There were no mixed marriages, the hatred was so big.

Poltergeist
10-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Hm i can tell you from experience that German people have no problem with Northern European friends like Latvian with the name Walters or Inese but with people who have the name Murat , Ivan, Mustafa and many more who are mixed or swarthy and pray to Allah the devil god!! People in Germany never see me as immigrant they only ask what my accent is ---- some think it is Scandinavian and other that it is Finnic

On the other hand, I have met plenty of Germans, and western Europeans in general, who make no distinction between the Baltic nations and Russia. For them, it's still "Russia". I had to "correct" them sometimes. "Lettland? Ach, ja, Russland":D

Poltergeist
10-10-2009, 03:17 PM
If you call the Balkan religion turkish because the Ottoman rule then we should call all Europe Roman. In fact it was almost the same, even with less influence since the difference in religions and cultures. There were no mixed marriages, the hatred was so big.

Spain, Portugal and Sicily are Arabic etc.

Inese
10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
If you call the Balkan religion turkish because the Ottoman rule then we should call all Europe Roman.
But not Northern Europe ---- Romans were not there! You should know that okay?

Here a map when Roman empire was the biggest

http://www.michaelmaxwolf.de/bilder/antike/rom/karte_roemische_reich.jpg

Half of Europe had no Romans and that is true for my country too!!:) The Roman were many 1000 kilometer away from the Baltic people

Svarog
10-10-2009, 04:50 PM
But not Northern Europe ---- Romans were not there! You should know that okay?

Half of Europe had no Romans and that is true for my country too!!:) The Roman were many 1000 kilometer away from the Baltic people

Yes - you had Attila the Hun and the Golden Horde :p

Lysander
10-11-2009, 12:15 AM

http://www.michaelmaxwolf.de/bilder/antike/rom/karte_roemische_reich.jpg

Ave Caesar!

If only I had been born then!

The inferior Romans built this and the superior Latvians built the great Latvian empire stretching from... to.... Never mind.

Beorn
10-11-2009, 12:25 AM
But not Northern Europe ---- Romans were not there!

You've just shown a map with most of Northern Europe displayed under Roman rule.

Loyalist
10-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Ave Caesar!

If only I had been born then!

The inferior Romans built this and the superior Latvians built the great Latvian empire stretching from... to.... Never mind.

The Romans frequently enlisted the assistance of outside groups in spreading, pacifying, and occupying new territories. Bear in mind that Germanic and Celtic auxiliaries played a key role in the Roman military, and they were certainly not the only outsiders to contribute to Roman civilisation in one way or another. Ancient Rome is not representative of modern Italy in any sense, ethnically or otherwise

Guapo
10-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Romans traded with the Baltic peoples. They probably couldn't bother themselves to actually kick their ass.

Tabiti
10-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Half of Europe had no Romans and that is true for my country too!! The Roman were many 1000 kilometer away from the Baltic people
Which one of your countries?
Anyway why are you disturbed by Roman presence since they are accepted as Nordids by the Nordicist theories?

You should know that okay?
I know that Romans traded and had links with almost all lands, even not under their direct rule. And some "historians" love histories about slave trades and race mixing;)

Inese
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Hm you know some people preffer to stay " inferior" but indipendent and not " superior" but under the a rule of a alien empire of Southern Europeans from Portugal to Arabia!! :sing: Look at Germanic tribes okay?? I tell you we Latvians dont need and want a empire and all we ever wanted in our history is peace and freedom in our own small land at our Baltic coast!! Imperialist ideology is not our idea of superiority.

You've just shown a map with most of Northern Europe displayed under Roman rule.
:033102st: To which maps are you looking?? Complete Northern Europe was outside of the Roman Empire --- or only a small bit was a part of it when you think the part of British Isles belongs to Northern Europe....:rolleyes2:

Lysander
10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
The Romans frequently enlisted the assistance of outside groups in spreading, pacifying, and occupying new territories. Bear in mind that Germanic and Celtic auxiliaries played a key role in the Roman military, and they were certainly not the only outsiders to contribute to Roman civilisation in one way or another. Ancient Rome is not representative of modern Italy in any sense, ethnically or otherwise
Which has got nothing to do with anything :confused:.....
The Roman legions were more than enough to kick ass, the Germanic and Celtic legions were only used after they had conquered their original territories.
The Italians are the direct descendants of Romans even if they got swarmed by Longobards and what not later.

Hm you know some people preffer to stay " inferior" but indipendent and not " superior" but under the a rule of a alien empire of Southern Europeans from Portugal to Arabia!! :sing: Look at Germanic tribes okay?? I tell you we Latvians dont need and want a empire and all we ever wanted in our history is peace and freedom in our own small land at our Baltic coast!! Imperialist ideology is not our idea of superiority.
Okay, I'm looking at the Germanic tribes. What exactly am I supposed to see? I have no idea where you are getting at here.

Matritensis
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Half of Europe had no Romans and that is true for my country too!! The Roman were many 1000 kilometer away from the Baltic people

That explains many things.

Loyalist
10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Which has got nothing to do with anything :confused:.....

Everything: you're asserting that the Roman Empire was was built solely by some swarthy Italians who effortlessly subjugated Northern European groups in their quest for new territory. Of course that's nonsense, and you know it, but you have nothing else to counter Inese's point.

The Roman legions were more than enough to kick ass, the Germanic and Celtic legions were only used after they had conquered their original territories.

Celtic and Germanic auxiliaries were enlisted the moment Roman borders expanded out of Italy. They would otherwise have lacked the sheer numbers to invade and occupy Gaul, Iberia, the Low Countries, England, etc. Not that this was of any help in spreading into Northern Europe, as I seem to recall Rome abandoning Germany following the Battle of Teutoburg, establishing the new border along the Rhine. Then of course there was the inability to pacify Scotland, and subsequent need to keep the Scots out of Roman territory via a wall. And then we have Boudica, with her hastily-assembled army of Celts, who slaughtered an entire legion and nearly drove the Romans out of England entirely.

Rome has a very poor history against Northern European groups, and their inability to conquer and/or occupy said nations was certainly not for a lack of trying.

The Italians are the direct descendants of Romans even if they got swarmed by Longobards and what not later.

Of course the Romans are part of the ancestral heritage of modern Italians, just as the Celts are some component of the modern English ethnic group. But just as the English have subsequently absorbed Anglo-Saxon and Norman blood, so too have the Italians been genetically-influenced by outsiders. In their case, however, these newcomers weren't Germanic groups from the continent as with the English, but Semitic peoples from North Africa and the Middle East.

Matritensis
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM
In their case, however, these newcomers weren't Germanic groups from the continent as with the English, but Semitic peoples from North Africa and the Middle East.

So where the Ostrogoths and Lombards came from?

Loyalist
10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
So where the Ostrogoths and Lombards came from?

The Ostrogoths and Lombards didn't flood into Italy in the same numbers that Moors and associated tribes turned up with centuries later. Nor does the contribution of some Germanics in the north of Italy compensate for a mass migration of Semites and Arabs who inter-mixed with the indigenous population.

Lysander
10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Everything: you're asserting that the Roman Empire was was built solely by some swarthy Italians who effortlessly subjugated Northern European groups in their quest for new territory. Of course that's nonsense, and you know it, but you have nothing else to counter Inese's point.
Swarthy Italians :D.
As it was, indeed. Look at the statues and other Roman art, the racial type has always been Mediterranean. Only Nordicist who are jealous of Greco-Roman history make weird claims that Greeks and Romans were blonde and blue eyed back in history. Some where, most weren't, just as today.
The historical FACT is that the Romans kicked some heavy ass, deny it all you want but the Swarthy Italians conquered pretty much everything they pointed their finger at.:wink
Nobody said it was effortless though, now you're just putting words into my mouth.

Celtic and Germanic auxiliaries were enlisted the moment Roman borders expanded out of Italy. They would otherwise have lacked the sheer numbers to invade and occupy Gaul, Iberia, the Low Countries, England, etc. Not that this was of any help in spreading into Northern Europe, as I seem to recall Rome abandoning Germany following the Battle of Teutoburg, establishing the new border along the Rhine. Then of course there was the inability to pacify Scotland, and subsequent need to keep the Scots out of Roman territory via a wall. And then we have Boudica, with her hastily-assembled army of Celts, who slaughtered an entire legion and nearly drove the Romans out of England entirely.
A battle lost here and there, it's bound to happen in such a big empire and in their long history. The Romans lost battles in the east and west, what's your point?
Fact of the matter still stands that they conquered far and wide.
And I already said that they did enlist foreign troops BUT that the legions were more than enough to handle the wars, but as you said their numbers were too few.
As for Hadrian's wall, it's a pretty convenient solution to keep the Caledonian raids out from Britannia. What did you expect for them to do, station Roman legions man by man from coast to coast?

Rome has a very poor history against Northern European groups, and their inability to conquer and/or occupy said nations was certainly not for a lack of trying.
Hardly.
Conquering Germania would have been impossible because of the decentralized state it was in. It had nothing to do with the inability of the legions to beat the Germanic warriors in battle.
The Cologne/Danube frontier was a perfect European border for Rome. Further the Romans couldn't even afford to expand, the empire was already too large.

Of course the Romans are part of the ancestral heritage of modern Italians, just as the Celts are some component of the modern English ethnic group. But just as the English have subsequently absorbed Anglo-Saxon and Norman blood, so too have the Italians been genetically-influenced by outsiders. In their case, however, these newcomers weren't Germanic groups from the continent as with the English, but Semitic peoples from North Africa and the Middle East.
Longobards were Semitic?
You obviously have a very Americanized view of Italy because of the Sicilian immigrants.

Matritensis
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
The emirate of Bari lasted for less than 20 years,and you forget also the conquer of Sicily by the Normans.

The Ostrogoths and Lombards didn't flood into Italy in the same numbers that Moors and associated tribes turned up with centuries later. Nor does the contribution of some Germanics in the north of Italy compensate for a mass migration of Semites and Arabs who inter-mixed with the indigenous population.

Svarog
10-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Lysander, just let it go man, both Greeks and Romans were pure Scandinavian Nordics that came here by space ships, developed culture and expended territories, ruled half of the world, also, Byzantine were Norwegian and Latvian with some other Germanics - creating an empire during the vacation - cause they were bored. Also, Egyptians were Nordic Germans that got lost on a school trip, took the time to create a civilization before they got found and transported back to Atlantida.

but you have nothing else to counter Inese's point.

As always she does not have any.

Loyalist
10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Swarthy Italians :D.
As it was, indeed. Look at the statues and other Roman art, the racial type has always been Mediterranean. Only Nordicist who are jealous of Greco-Roman history make weird claims that Greeks and Romans were blonde and blue eyed back in history. Some where, most weren't, just as today.
The historical FACT is that the Romans kicked some heavy ass, deny it all you want but the Swarthy Italians conquered pretty much everything they pointed their finger at.:wink
Nobody said it was effortless though, now you're just putting words into my mouth.

Whether or not the Romans were the picture of Nordic Aryans, what is certain is that they lacked genetic input from Moors and other related groups which came about centuries after the Empire fell. We have no way of knowing for sure, but I would bet the complexion of the average Italian in those days was significantly lighter than it is now. In any case, the further from Rome conquests were, the less Italian involvement there was in the physical aspect of the operation. Your swarthy Italians may have been issuing orders from back home, but they weren't the only ones picking up the weapons and getting their hands dirty.

Physical descriptions of Emperors and other prominent Romans often included blone-haired, blue-eyed individuals, and, on the contrary, contemporary statues frequently featured individuals with Nordish physical characteristics. I could pull up a few that appear to be textbook Faelid types, for example.

Fact of the matter still stands that they conquered far and wide.
And I already said that they did enlist foreign troops BUT that the legions were more than enough to handle the wars, but as you said their numbers were too few.

Legions could handle the warfare, but were too few in number? Is that not slightly contradictory? You effectively just made my point; that is, Rome required the assistance of Germanics, Celts, and other European groups to build and maintain the Empire. It was not an exclusively Italian venture.

As for Hadrian's wall, it's a pretty convenient solution to keep the Caledonian raids out from Britannia. What did you expect for them to do, station Roman legions man by man from coast to coast?

How about conquer and occupy Scotland, bringing the natives to heel? Did you not just say that the Italians of the era could take anything they desired? :coffee:

Hardly.
Conquering Germania would have been impossible because of the decentralized state it was in. It had nothing to do with the inability of the legions to beat the Germanic warriors in battle.
The Cologne/Danube frontier was a perfect European border for Rome. Further the Romans couldn't even afford to expand, the empire was already too large.

It had everything to do with the inability of the legions to successfully take Germania. That's the point.

Longobards were Semitic?
You obviously have a very Americanized view of Italy because of the Sicilian immigrants.

Moors were Semitic, Lombards are Germanic. Don't twist my words around.

Svarog
10-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Whether or not the Romans were the picture of Nordic Aryans

:lol00002: :lol00002: :lol00002:

This is where I stopped reading

Lysander
10-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Whether or not the Romans were the picture of Nordic Aryans, what is certain is that they lacked genetic input from Moors and other related groups which came about centuries after the Empire fell. We have no way of knowing for sure, but I would bet the complexion of the average Italian in those days was significantly lighter than it is now. In any case, the further from Rome conquests were, the less Italian involvement there was in the physical aspect of the operation. Your swarthy Italians may have been issuing orders from back home, but they weren't the only ones picking up the weapons and getting their hands dirty.

Sigh. You do that and I'll pull up a gazilion examples of Mediterranean Romans. Like I said, most were of the Mediterranean race type, some were fairer. I can't speak for the Romans but in Greece the Dorians were lighter where as the Mycenaeans were darker. The situation in Italy was probably the same.

The Roman legions were present in every battlefield from Parthia to Britannia, you're a total historical revisionist.
The Moorish conquest of Italy was brief, unsuccessful and ultimately of no significance. By your standards all Americans are of Native Indian stock and all Scandinavians are Slavs (vikings brought slaves with them) and so on and so forth.
You just can't face the fact that Rome kicked some heavy ass back then.

Physical descriptions of Emperors and other prominent Romans often included blone-haired, blue-eyed individuals, and, on the contrary, contemporary statues frequently featured individuals with Nordish physical characteristics. I could pull up a few that appear to be textbook Faelid types, for example.
Often but far from always. Have you ever been to Italy? Fair features aren't exactly one-in-a-million rare.
Like I said, the dominant type was still the Mediterranean, stop trying to steal Roman history and be proud of your own instead.

Legions could handle the warfare, but were too few in number? Is that not slightly contradictory? You effectively just made my point; that is, Rome required the assistance of Germanics, Celts, and other European groups to build and maintain the Empire. It was not an exclusively Italian venture.

And when the hell did I say that Rome was made up of exclusively Italics? Yet again you're putting words into my mouth.

How about conquer and occupy Scotland, bringing the natives to heel? Did you not just say that the Italians of the era could take anything they desired? :coffee:
There was not enough to desire in Caledonia to spend such enormous money on an invasion. The Scots were no threat to Roman operations in Britannia after Hadrian's wall and the legions were already spread too thin all along the Danube with the recent movements of Germanian tribes and Slavs pushing west due to Turkic migrations.
Map showing the spread of the legions:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Roman_Empire_125.svg

It had everything to do with the inability of the legions to successfully take Germania. That's the point.
Arminius received his military training in Rome :thumb001:.
Further during Caesar Tiberius Germanicus reconquered Germania and destroyed the Germanic alliance and inflicted extremely heavy losses on the Germanic coalition.
Battle of the Weser River.
Roman legions continuously beat Germanic armies and the will to conquer Germania was gone after Teutoburg anyway. It's 19th century German revisionism that the Romans tried and tried but failed. Teutoburg was the one and only try, Elbe was the perfect border for Rome.
Ironically the Germans later called their empire the Holy Roman Empire :D.

Summa summarum, the Legions were more than able to invade Germania under a cunning general but petty political conflict stopped them.

Moors were Semitic, Lombards are Germanic. Don't twist my words around.
Right back at ya. The Lombards, Normans and other invasions coming through the Alps were far more numerous and important than the 20 year Moorish caliphates control was. You grossly overrate it.

Loyalist
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Sigh. You do that and I'll pull up a gazilion examples of Mediterranean Romans.

http://i34.tinypic.com/dny079.jpg

Your move.

The Roman legions were present in every battlefield from Parthia to Britannia, you're a total historical revisionist.

And I can post legion after legion consisting of volunteers from Germania, Gaul, Iberia, Dacia, Britannia, etc.

The Moorish conquest of Italy was brief, unsuccessful and ultimately of no significance. By your standards all Americans are of Native Indian stock and all Scandinavians are Slavs (vikings brought slaves with them) and so on and so forth.
You just can't face the fact that Rome kicked some heavy ass back then.

Brief? The Muslim conquest of southern Italy began in the late 7th century and didn't end until the late 11th century, including more than a century of total rule over Sicily. That's century after century of inter-marriage between Italians and Arabs. Many of the Sicilians and Calabrians who count Moors among their ancestors have since migrated north and spread these genes nation-wide.

Your comparison are invalid, as history and genealogy tells us there was no large-scale mixing between Colonials and Amerindians. One look at the complexion of an old-stock North American will tell you that. Unfortunately, one cannot say the same for the Italians.

Often but far from always. Have you ever been to Italy? Fair features aren't exactly one-in-a-million rare.
Like I said, the dominant type was still the Mediterranean, stop trying to steal Roman history and be proud of your own instead.

One doesn't have to travel to Italy to have a basic understanding of the appearance of the typical Italian. There's a huge Italian population in my own city, and by no means are they exlusively Sicilian, and they're almost invariably swarthy. Getting lucky on the genetic draw and possessing blue eyes from some distant Norman ancestor doesn't change anything.

Roman history is the last thing I would ever try to steal.

And when the hell did I say that Rome was made up of exclusively Italics? Yet again you're putting words into my mouth.

Aren't you the one advocating the idea that modern Italians are the direct, sole inheritors of the Roman legacy?

There was not enough to desire in Caledonia to spend such enormous money on an invasion. The Scots were no threat to Roman operations in Britannia after Hadrian's wall and the legions were already spread too thin all along the Danube with the recent movements of Germanian tribes and Slavs pushing west due to Turkic migrations.
Map showing the spread of the legions:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Roman_Empire_125.svg

That's the point; Rome did make military excursions into Caledonia and disaster followed. Their answer to corresponding raids by the Picts was a wall. This doesn't exactly fit with your picture of an unstoppable superpower in the Mediterranean.

Arminius received his military training in Rome :thumb001:.

And?

Further during Caesar Tiberius Germanicus reconquered Germania and destroyed the Germanic alliance and inflicted extremely heavy losses on the Germanic coalition.
Battle of the Weser River.
Roman legions continuously beat Germanic armies and the will to conquer Germania was gone after Teutoburg anyway. It's 19th century German revisionism that the Romans tried and tried but failed. Teutoburg was the one and only try, Elbe was the perfect border for Rome.
Ironically the Germans later called their empire the Holy Roman Empire :D.

...the Rhine border? ;)

Summa summarum, the Legions were more than able to invade Germania under a cunning general but petty political conflict stopped them.

Cop out. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Cop+out)

Right back at ya. The Lombards, Normans and other invasions coming through the Alps were far more numerous and important than the 20 year Moorish caliphates control was. You grossly overrate it.

Moorish rule was more than 100 years; see above.

Bard
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I live in north italy and I can say that fair features are quite common.
In my class half people is brown/blonde, and I'm with fair haired and skinned and with green eyes too, but I'm of Venetian/Austrian descent so I could probably pass every test with nearly a 0% of nigger blood.
There are surely many arab mixed people in the south and you can detect them easily, dark eyes and skin, dark hair and big curve noses, but please not all italians are niggers.

About the romans/greeks I can say that at the time of the wars with the north population most romans and greeks were short, strong and dark haired/eyed/skinned men with a great resistance and strenght who could kick north's ass thanks to this and their discipline (barbarians were not organised and used to run like fools against romans shield walls ending beaten to pulp).
The people of the north instead were high, with blue/green eyes and fair hair/skin and they scared a lot the romans thanks to these features.
All this is descripted quite well by latin writers.

Beorn
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
That's the point; Rome did make military excursions into Caledonia and disaster followed.

For whom did the disaster strike?

Their answer to corresponding raids by the Picts was a wall.

The wall was built to satisfy the ego of an Emperor and to control the tide of trade and migration. The wall was never meant to retain or deflect invasions.

Matritensis
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
If anything,modern Italians are probably fairer than ancient Romans,who absorbed completely the Etruscans,a non-Indoeuropean people,and all the descendants of Greek inmigrants who had been living in the south of Italy(including Sicily) way before the Roman Empire or even the Republic were a reality.Magna Graecia,that's it.
About "moves",posting a bust with the photoshopped face of Charlton Heston doesn't count as proof(kidding...:D),so here you have another bust of Gaius Julius Caesar which looks a bit different from the one you posted:
http://www.concentric.net/~marlowe/caesar1.gif
And finally,please read this and stop making a fool of yourself,we all are suffering here in silence for you...

"Every Goth wishes to be like a Roman,but only the humblest Roman wants to be like a Goth."

Theodoric,king of the Ostrogoths.

Loki
10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
If anything,modern Italians are probably fairer than ancient Romans,

Yes this is quite likely, after contact with Germanic tribes (Lombards and Ostrogoths; Normans) and also the northern half of Italy being part of the Germanic sphere for quite a while under the Holy Roman Empire.

Loyalist
10-12-2009, 04:03 PM
For whom did the disaster strike?

Rome of course; while Calgacus was ultimately unsuccessful on the battlefield, Rome was never able to pacify Caledonia, and the continuing guerilla war by the supporters of the former, coupled with the fact that campaigns elsewhere stretched the Roman forces beyond their limit, led to Scotland being abandoned.

The wall was built to satisfy the ego of an Emperor and to control the tide of trade and migration. The wall was never meant to retain or deflect invasions.

The wall was built to keep out Caledonian/Pictish raiders. Of course it also served a dual role as a border marker and customs point. Those two functions are not mutually exclusive.

Svarog
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
keep in mind Romans hold half of the world under their control, if they moved all of their forces on the island they'd rud the world of the pictish existence, they could not move all of their legions at one territory and leave pieces of the empire unprotected, of course natives could make a raid or two, burn a village or plunder a settlement but still could not even destroy a fragment of the empire located on the island.

Osweo
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
of course, swarthy people we like can be in charge of everything - just as Uncle Himmler
"Reporting for Swarthy-Figurehead Duty, Sir!"

Tragicomedy here is that Balkans are far more 'white' than any other part of Europe :p
That's until I pay yous a visit... :wink

Tony
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't really think we can say surely modern Italians are fairer than those who lived here 2000 or 2500 years ago (I don't even call'em Italians) , it's true we have had Germans in , predominantly nordic but also immigrants from the whole Mediterranean and Middle East too.
Probably the "Italians" back then were just more homogeneous while now there's a great diversity in phenotypes , to make it short there's been a sort of extremization of subracial carachters.

Lysander
10-13-2009, 12:03 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/dny079.jpg

Your move.
http://racialreality.110mb.com/romans_files/Cato.jpg
Cato the Elder

http://racialreality.110mb.com/romans_files/Aurelius.jpg
Marcus Aurelius.

And that picture of yours doesn't look more Nordic than it does mediterranean I'm afraid :coffee:. He seems to have similar facial features as I do and I'm Greek.

And I can post legion after legion consisting of volunteers from Germania, Gaul, Iberia, Dacia, Britannia, etc.
Do it.
Most legions had foreign Auxiliaries combined with Italic legions.

Brief? The Muslim conquest of southern Italy began in the late 7th century and didn't end until the late 11th century, including more than a century of total rule over Sicily. That's century after century of inter-marriage between Italians and Arabs. Many of the Sicilians and Calabrians who count Moors among their ancestors have since migrated north and spread these genes nation-wide.
Inter marriage? Hah! Don't they teach you any European history over there? And yet again your logic fails. The Germanic invasions into Italy were far larger in number and had a far more important role in Italian history that the brief visit of the Caliph did.
The emirate of Sicily existed from 965-1072, what are you talking about? :confused:
The whole history of the brief Emirate of Sicily is characterized by uprisings and war betwixt Christians and Muslims. Intermarriage my ass. The Normans were practically invited to Sicily by the pope who wanted to get rid of the Arabs. The Byzantines wouldn't have it and they too occupied eastern Sicily on and off.
This so called emirate was basically a no man's land.

Your comparison are invalid, as history and genealogy tells us there was no large-scale mixing between Colonials and Amerindians. One look at the complexion of an old-stock North American will tell you that. Unfortunately, one cannot say the same for the Italians.
Fortunately one can. You haven't even been to Italy I don't know why I'm arguing with you. It's like watching somebody argue with an astronaut what it's like to be in space, moronic to say the least.

One doesn't have to travel to Italy to have a basic understanding of the appearance of the typical Italian. There's a huge Italian population in my own city, and by no means are they exlusively Sicilian, and they're almost invariably swarthy. Getting lucky on the genetic draw and possessing blue eyes from some distant Norman ancestor doesn't change anything.
Oh they probably are, almost all Italian immigrants to America are from southern Italy. Northern Italy is the richest region in Europe, there was no point for them to immigrate.
Further I'm not denying that Italians are of the Mediterranean racial type, lots of them are. Still when you're in Venice, Milan or anywhere else in northern Italy you could easily just as well be in Austria of Bavaria.

Roman history is the last thing I would ever try to steal.
Then quit making stupid claims about Romans not being Mediterranean.

Aren't you the one advocating the idea that modern Italians are the direct, sole inheritors of the Roman legacy?
Isn't Britain the sole inheritor of the British Empire?
Yes it is, even if they conscripted conquered people. Wouldn't it be silly if the Indians started claiming that history?

That's the point; Rome did make military excursions into Caledonia and disaster followed. Their answer to corresponding raids by the Picts was a wall. This doesn't exactly fit with your picture of an unstoppable superpower in the Mediterranean.

Rome with all it's legions in one place would have been unstoppable. For some reason you seem to be completely incapable of grasping the fact that the empire was far too vast to focus them all in Caledonia or Germania. The Romans tried many times to subdue the Caledonians but every time they stepped beyond Hadrian's wall the Caledonians fled deeper into Scotland and used Guerilla tactics to beat the Romans.
The Romans lacked the resources and knowledge of the land to penetrate to the very north of Scotland. Then there would have been Ireland, and then Germania, then Scandinavia, then the Balts and so on and so forth. War costs both in lives and in gold, it was impossible. The border had to be drawn somewhere and Hadrian did just that.
Even if the US is getting their asses handed to them by Talibans and insurgents it doesn't mean that they are more powerfull than the most sophisticated fighting force in the world is. They have home ground advantage where as the US has to worry about restlessness at home, money and so on and so forth. The insurgents only have to worry about one thing and that is killing Americans.

And?
And he didn't receive his übermensch fighting skills against the Romans from thin air. I dare say without his expertise in Roman warfare he would not have been able to eliminate 3 legions. Beat them in battle perhaps, the Germanics did many times, but not destroy them.

...the Rhine border? ;)
Details, details, you know what I mean.

Cop out. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Cop+out)
I beg your pardon?

Moorish rule was more than 100 years; see above.
Sure if you consider civil war as rule.

About the romans/greeks I can say that at the time of the wars with the north population most romans and greeks were short, strong and dark haired/eyed/skinned men with a great resistance and strenght who could kick north's ass thanks to this and their discipline (barbarians were not organised and used to run like fools against romans shield walls ending beaten to pulp).
The people of the north instead were high, with blue/green eyes and fair hair/skin and they scared a lot the romans thanks to these features.
All this is descripted quite well by latin writers.

Incorrect. First of all, like I said there were many present racial types just as there are today.

Second, it is complete and utter bull shit (I don't know where it has come from) that Germanic and Celtic warriors fought undiciplined and rushed like idiots into Roman spears. If that would have been the case one single legion could have conquered all of Europe from these people.
They were highly organized, though not as well the Romans. It's a romanticized myth of Roman soldiers standing in a misty winter forest gazing into the tree lines waiting for maniac Visigoths to rush towards them half naked dressed in beer skin and armed with halberds and two handed axes.
It makes a nice battle scene in a film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=331clHFsnpY

Aesthetically pleasing to the eye but far from truth.
Further the "barbarians" were more skilled in 1 vs 1 combat, especially the Germanians because their society and culture required one to be able to defend himself and his honour in single combat. This is demonstrated by many historical facts. The Romans and Greeks however were fighting as one united force and were superior in fighting force vs force.
Barbarian leaders who realized this such as Vercingetorix and Arminius were able to use this against the Romans just as the Romans had against the Greek phalanxes by forcing them to fight in an unorthodox manner many times leading to crushing defeats.

I doubt one's eye or hair colour can instil fear in another, they were / are taller than Mediterraneans though.

Turkophagos
10-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Whether or not the Romans were the picture of Nordic Aryans...

Of course they were:

http://image60.webshots.com/160/6/90/42/427169042osetWR_ph.jpg

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1427169042066298749osetWR

Look how differently moorish Italians look to them:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3253/278460tk7.jpg

Bard
10-13-2009, 01:34 PM
http://racialreality.110mb.com/romans_files/Cato.jpg
Cato the Elder

http://racialreality.110mb.com/romans_files/Aurelius.jpg
Marcus Aurelius.

And that picture of yours doesn't look more Nordic than it does mediterranean I'm afraid :coffee:. He seems to have similar facial features as I do and I'm Greek.

Do it.
Most legions had foreign Auxiliaries combined with Italic legions.

Inter marriage? Hah! Don't they teach you any European history over there? And yet again your logic fails. The Germanic invasions into Italy were far larger in number and had a far more important role in Italian history that the brief visit of the Caliph did.
The emirate of Sicily existed from 965-1072, what are you talking about? :confused:
The whole history of the brief Emirate of Sicily is characterized by uprisings and war betwixt Christians and Muslims. Intermarriage my ass. The Normans were practically invited to Sicily by the pope who wanted to get rid of the Arabs. The Byzantines wouldn't have it and they too occupied eastern Sicily on and off.
This so called emirate was basically a no man's land.

Fortunately one can. You haven't even been to Italy I don't know why I'm arguing with you. It's like watching somebody argue with an astronaut what it's like to be in space, moronic to say the least.

Oh they probably are, almost all Italian immigrants to America are from southern Italy. Northern Italy is the richest region in Europe, there was no point for them to immigrate.
Further I'm not denying that Italians are of the Mediterranean racial type, lots of them are. Still when you're in Venice, Milan or anywhere else in northern Italy you could easily just as well be in Austria of Bavaria.

Then quit making stupid claims about Romans not being Mediterranean.

Isn't Britain the sole inheritor of the British Empire?
Yes it is, even if they conscripted conquered people. Wouldn't it be silly if the Indians started claiming that history?

Rome with all it's legions in one place would have been unstoppable. For some reason you seem to be completely incapable of grasping the fact that the empire was far too vast to focus them all in Caledonia or Germania. The Romans tried many times to subdue the Caledonians but every time they stepped beyond Hadrian's wall the Caledonians fled deeper into Scotland and used Guerilla tactics to beat the Romans.
The Romans lacked the resources and knowledge of the land to penetrate to the very north of Scotland. Then there would have been Ireland, and then Germania, then Scandinavia, then the Balts and so on and so forth. War costs both in lives and in gold, it was impossible. The border had to be drawn somewhere and Hadrian did just that.
Even if the US is getting their asses handed to them by Talibans and insurgents it doesn't mean that they are more powerfull than the most sophisticated fighting force in the world is. They have home ground advantage where as the US has to worry about restlessness at home, money and so on and so forth. The insurgents only have to worry about one thing and that is killing Americans.

And he didn't receive his übermensch fighting skills against the Romans from thin air. I dare say without his expertise in Roman warfare he would not have been able to eliminate 3 legions. Beat them in battle perhaps, the Germanics did many times, but not destroy them.

Details, details, you know what I mean.

I beg your pardon?

Sure if you consider civil war as rule.

Incorrect. First of all, like I said there were many present racial types just as there are today.

Second, it is complete and utter bull shit (I don't know where it has come from) that Germanic and Celtic warriors fought undiciplined and rushed like idiots into Roman spears. If that would have been the case one single legion could have conquered all of Europe from these people.
They were highly organized, though not as well the Romans. It's a romanticized myth of Roman soldiers standing in a misty winter forest gazing into the tree lines waiting for maniac Visigoths to rush towards them half naked dressed in beer skin and armed with halberds and two handed axes.
It makes a nice battle scene in a film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=331clHFsnpY

Aesthetically pleasing to the eye but far from truth.
Further the "barbarians" were more skilled in 1 vs 1 combat, especially the Germanians because their society and culture required one to be able to defend himself and his honour in single combat. This is demonstrated by many historical facts. The Romans and Greeks however were fighting as one united force and were superior in fighting force vs force.
Barbarian leaders who realized this such as Vercingetorix and Arminius were able to use this against the Romans just as the Romans had against the Greek phalanxes by forcing them to fight in an unorthodox manner many times leading to crushing defeats.

I doubt one's eye or hair colour can instil fear in another, they were / are taller than Mediterraneans though.
Honestly I have never heard of particular tactics amongst barbarians just link something if you have please.
And yes, romans were scared because of the eyes and fierce aspect, I studied a latin text about this a pair of years ago and I cannot remember which one is atm.
The rest of what you said is correct I think.

Lysander
10-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Honestly I have never heard of particular tactics amongst barbarians just link something if you have please.
And yes, romans were scared because of the eyes and fierce aspect, I studied a latin text about this a pair of years ago and I cannot remember which one is atm.
The rest of what you said is correct I think.

You have never heard of Roman tactics either, you just happen to know that they were organized. Do you really know what "the hammer" is? Do you know how Romans flanked their enemies?
Probably not, and if you do you probably did those studies by yourself and not in school.
The problem with military tactics from the migration period is that we have few sources about them. The Roman sources continue the Greek tradition which was to describe all barbarians as wild, ill-disciplined and blood thirsty savages as opposed to the disciplined Mediterraneans.
The Germanic poems on the other hand focus on one warrior, which proves the point I made earlier about Mediterranean force vs Germanic single combat.
Further, the longer the Romans lingered in Germania the more centralized the Germanics became and the more they realized the value in an organized army. We can assume by archaeological data that they fought in tight formations with spear-and-shield though as I said before the lack of any real data makes it impossible ever to know exactly what kind of tactics the barbarians employed. We can again assume that their main goal was to make the battle as much into an duel between two men as possible. As for the Romans the goal was to make the barbarians fight in a small area forcing them to fight pretty much phalanx against phalanx which would inexorably lead to a Roman victory.
Which leads us to the question: how did the Germanians make the Romans spread out?
There is no answer, we don't know. Apart from attacking Roman legions that were marching and thus using numerical superiority as Arminius did in Teutoburg we have no idea what kind of tactics they used.

Thusly you will probably never hear of "particular tactics", but they had tactics, that's for sure.
And the Arminius case disproves multiculturalism, which killed Rome. The "new Romans" weren't loyal to Rome. Arminius chose his Germanic brethren despite having served in the Roman army earlier. People will always chose their own in the end.
Simply put the multicultural legions in the end of Roman history had no interest in preserving Rome.

If you're really interested in what kind of tactics the Germanics used I can recommend "Germanic Warrior" by Simon MacDowall.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Germanic-Warrior-236-568-Simon-MacDowall/dp/1855325861/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255530241&sr=1-1

While it doesn't explain the tactics in detail (because it's impossible) it describes early Germanic warrior culture finely, reaches some interesting conclusions and has some interesting ideas about how the battles could have been fought.

I'd very much like to get my hands on that script. I don't doubt that the reinforcements felt a chill down their neck when they saw that the average barbarian is almost a full 10cm taller than the average Roman. But the eyes? Blue eyes were / are far from unknown to Italics and further blue eyes aren't scary they are beautiful :).

Zyklop
10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
The problem with military tactics from the migration period is that we have few sources about them. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9345

Lysander
10-14-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9345
Very interesting, thanks :).

Edit: man this thread is beyond rescue, it's as off topic as can get :D.

Would you marry a... first century Germanic warrior? :P

Electronic God-Man
10-14-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9345

Soten saves the day. :cool:

esaima
11-10-2009, 07:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg/680px-Europe_subregion_map_UN_geoschme.svg.png

What does make Latvia a semi-north European country? I think it´s fully. People look more or less same than in here. North and West Latvia consist mostly of forests, the countryside seems to be even less populated than countryside in Estonia. Typical to Northern Europe.
Lithuania is a a semi Middle-European-semi North-European.

Falkata
11-10-2009, 10:27 PM
What does make Latvia a semi-north European country? I think it´s fully. People look more or less same than in here. North and West Latvia consist mostly of forests, the countryside seems to be even less populated than countryside in Estonia. Typical to Northern Europe.
Lithuania is a a semi Middle-European-semi North-European.

What is East Europe then? Russia? :confused: