PDA

View Full Version : Would you die for your country?

Loki
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Simple question. Do you love your country so much that you would be willing to lay down your life for its benefit?

The Lawspeaker
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Not in the service of this government or the monarchy. But for a free Republic I would risk my life.

Otherwise my sacrifice would only serve a corrupt elite, big business and monarchy rather then democracy and my people.

RoyBatty
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Simple question. Do you love your country so much that you would be willing to lay down your life for its benefit?

Thought #1 - The optimal idea isn't to die for one's country but to make the other person die for theirs. :D

Thought #2 - I'm in this ratrace for myself, not for a country. Particularly seeing as that our countries are mostly out to tax us, control us and forcefeed us with unwelcome and unpopular social agendas.

Thought #3 - If faced with some kind of external threat to my (and my nearest & friends') wellbeing then there is a more pursuasive argument to risk all. Getting killed for the adventures of banksters and politicians, as is usually the case with wars, does not fit in with my agenda.

Svarog
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Any day, but read the question carefully - would you die for your country - you put it very clear and left no space for the discussion. Would I die for my government - hell no.

Mesrine
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
No way. I won't die for a tricolore rectangular piece of flag (or whatever the colour).

Vargtand
10-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes I love this land for it is mine, It was given to me by my father, who got it from his. this is my birthright and I would rather die than to see it fall into the claws of an other bloodline. and before anyone starts on the whole immigrant-issue I just like to say this, I'm not dead yet.

Mc Queen
10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm ready to die for Celtoliguria Vaterland.
I believe in reincarnation and I hope that i coul die 1000 time for my beloved Celtoliguria.

Psychonaut
10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Given my occupation, I'd damn well better be prepared to. ;)

Germanicus
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
No way. I won't die for a tricolore rectangular piece of flag (or whatever the colour).

The French have always had the white flag....:)

Mesrine
10-03-2009, 09:37 PM

Face it: the English have still been kicked out of France by a bunch of surrender monkeys. :monkeyeb:

10-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Face it: the English have still been kicked out of France by a bunch of surrender monkeys. :monkeyeb:

When? :confused:

Psychonaut
10-03-2009, 10:22 PM
When? :confused:

Perhaps 1453 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War)?

Sol Invictus
10-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd rather live for my country. But..

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 12:56 AM

Sorry did you say something? i have been looking at my vast collection of photos of Hitler visiting Paris during the occupation of WW2, you remember the one i posted on Stirpes surely? that was my favorite, which one is yours Savorgnan?

SwordoftheVistula
10-04-2009, 12:59 AM
For what my country is supposed to be, or against foreign invaders, then yes. For some BS needless war like those of the past century, no.

Thorum
10-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Of course, without hesitation. I would also lay my life down for any of the countries of my forefathers...I wouldn't think twice.

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Sorry did you say something? i have been looking at my vast collection of photos of Hitler visiting Paris during the occupation of WW2

Adolf Hitler and his IIIrd Reich are dead, while France still exists. Did you say something else, old wannabe Roman legionnaire? I can't hear you since you don't speak any Latin-derived Romance language.

you remember the one i posted on Stirpes surely? that was my favorite, which one is yours Savorgnan?

Well, Hitler's limousine did less damage on Paris than his bombers did on London. Pick your favourite photo. :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Stpaulsblitz.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/London_Blitz_791940.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/LondonBombedWWII_full.jpg

Beorn
10-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Adolf Hitler and his IIIrd Reich are dead, while France still exists. Did you say something else, old wannabe Roman legionnaire?

HAHAHA! Thing you forget is the British hadn't surrendered to the Nazis. We fought on and won. Your towns and cities stood tall because your menfolk and womenfolk stooped too low.

Face it: the English have still been kicked out of France by a bunch of surrender monkeys.

HAHAHAHAH! How long did it take you? You still had to have a woman get the men riled up for the fight against real men. Then what did you do to her....?...that's right! You burnt her at the stake! HAHA!

How many times did we English come wandering over to your silly nation infected with dysentry and God knows what else and STILL beat the Hell out of you and your fancy notions of Chivalry.

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 04:09 AM
HAHAHA! Thing you forget is the British hadn't surrendered to the Nazis. We fought on and won.

The Soviets defeated Germany, not the English, sorry.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Reichstag_flag_original.jpg

HAHAHAHAH! How long did it take you?

It wasn't a matter of time, but only of final result.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Hundred_years_war.gif

How many times did we English

Germanicus, you an I weren't born at that time, so chillax, internet warrior. You did nothing, except taking credit for things that happened 700 years ago.

Barreldriver
10-04-2009, 04:11 AM
I voted yes, but in all reality I would die for what I want my country to be.

Murphy
10-04-2009, 04:12 AM
I would give my life to defend my country.

Regards,
Eóin.

Beorn
10-04-2009, 04:18 AM
The Soviets defeated Germany, not the English, sorry.

Soviets were hard arsed. If it wasn't the Russians fighting one front, it was the English and Yankies liberating your nation. I hear you lot had a quite a time under Nazi rule too. Sorry to break up the holiday :D

It wasn't a matter of time, but only of final result.As my old PE teacher used to tell me: It ain't how many goals you stop going in, John, it's how many strikers you can have writhing on the floor screaming for their mothers that counts.

;)

Beorn
10-04-2009, 04:20 AM
No. I don't see why I should die because someone wants my country. Let they bleed and die for it.

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Soviets were hard arsed.

Ask any old German woman what "hard arsed" mean.

If it wasn't the Russians fighting one front, it was the English and Yankies liberating your nation.

The USSR smashed Germany, period. So France would have been "liberated" anyway.

I hear you lot had a quite a time under Nazi rule too. Sorry to break up the holiday :D

Problem is, I was born 33 years after France was liberated. We're not countries, man, just individuals, get fucking real for a second

Sorry to smash your retarded neo-tribal views. :D

As my old PE teacher used to tell me: It ain't how many goals you stop going in, John, it's how many strikers you can have writhing on the floor screaming for their mothers that counts.

;)

As common sense told me: don't take credit for what you didn't achieve on your own.

Beorn
10-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Ask any old German woman what "hard arsed" mean.

I've watched enough EuroTrash to know not to do that and come away with my stomach intact.

The USSR smashed Germany, period. So France would have been "liberated" anyway.

But we still liberated you anyway. Just to wipe that Anglo-Saxoness into yo face bitch! :D

As common sense told me: don't take credit for what you didn't achieve yourself.

Why not? I believe in the glory of my predecessors transcending into the newer generations. It's why the English are still wandering around hitting far above their weight whilst the French are still sulking in the corner. :swl

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 04:56 AM
But we still liberated you anyway.

You did nothing. You weren't born yet.

Just to wipe that Anglo-Saxoness into yo face bitch! :D

I wasn't born in 1944, but I guess you're currently too drunk to realize it, chav. :D

Why not?

Hey, I can't forbid you to be an internet warrior. :shrug:

I believe in the glory of my predecessors transcending into the newer generations.

LOL, just see yourself in a mirror. It isn't working, obviously. :D

It's why the English are still wandering around hitting far above their weight whilst the French are still sulking in the corner. :swl

LOL. Our countries are just two boring middle-sized European nations. Definitely not a material worth of touching yourself when you have standards.

Psychonaut
10-04-2009, 04:58 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3249543348_5f7268d427_o.jpg

Beorn
10-04-2009, 05:00 AM
You did nothing. You weren't born yet.

I don't have to have been born to have pride in what was achieved. What was won by my ancestors was given to me by a process of sperm, genes and a whole lot of pushing.

Beorn
10-04-2009, 05:06 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3249543348_5f7268d427_o.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5016/32495433485f7268d427o.jpg

Svarog
10-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Ah, gotta love good English/French fight, and I thought it's all in the past now :D

Monolith
10-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I would, though not for my state but for my homeland.

Sarmata
10-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Yes, it's duty for my ancestors and my children. It's maybe a bit pretentious, but that's how I feel.

Bridie
10-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Dying for your country is a man's thing. :p I would rather raise my babies.

Puddle of Mudd
10-04-2009, 08:50 AM

Some Western leaders would say fighting wars halfway around the world against "terrorists" is of "benefit" to one's country as well.

We should probably define the difference between what is a "benefit", and the population getting fucked in the arse by the government for their own agenda/s.

Eldritch
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
If I had been asked this question as recently as ten years ago, I probably would have found it absurd that it even needs to be asked. I would have replied, "sure I would, but I'd prefer making someone else die for their country.".

Now, I'm not so sure. I have lost any residual faith or confidence I once may have had in the kakistocrats who currently run this country. Their incompetence is rivalled only by their corruptedness. It really is getting so bad that I've been giving serious thought to eventually emigrating to some country that 1. isn't being overrun by Arabs and Somalis, and 2. where human dignity and human labour are still appreciated. I'm thinking Canada or New Zealand.

Phlegethon
10-04-2009, 10:51 AM
If I had a country: maybe. But since I don't: no.

Absinthe
10-04-2009, 10:56 AM
If I had been asked this question as recently as ten years ago, I probably would have found it absurd that it even needs to be asked. I would have replied, "sure I would, but I'd prefer making someone else die for their country.".

Now, I'm not so sure. I have lost any residual faith or confidence I once may have had in the kakistocrats who currently run this country. Their incompetence is rivalled only by their corruptedness. It really is getting so bad that I've been giving serious thought to eventually emigrating to some country that 1. isn't being overrun by Arabs and Somalis, and 2. where human dignity and human labour are still appreciated. I'm thinking Canada or New Zealand.
Ditto, and

If I had a country: maybe. But since I don't: no.

ditto.

Bari
10-04-2009, 11:21 AM

- http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7082/whiteflagmonkey.jpg
;)

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Ah, gotta love good English/French fight, and I thought it's all in the past now :DThis way at least they don't team up against Germany. :thumb001:

On topic:
I wonder why those voting 'yes' are still around at the forum. There are plenty of possibilities to die for ones country right now.

Phlegethon
10-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Zyklop, if we had to die for our country quickest it would probably be from boredom. Much more probable than catching a bullet in Afghanistan.

Atlas
10-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I would no more die for this country now than two hundreds years ago.

Sally
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Nah, I wouldn't die for either of the countries I'm a citizen of. :rolleyes:

RoyBatty
10-04-2009, 12:23 PM
It really is getting so bad that I've been giving serious thought to eventually emigrating to some country that 1. isn't being overrun by Arabs and Somalis, and 2. where human dignity and human labour are still appreciated. I'm thinking Canada or New Zealand.

Canada is as Zeropean as it gets, possible exception being Quebec where things may be better. Not sure you'll be gaining anything by going there vs staying in Finland.

NZ.... Imo it's a total write off. Many SA's immigrate there. I came across one some time ago singing its praises and decided to do a bit of research on the topic. What I found (from Govt stats, no less) is that the Coconut component is growing fast meaning that it is being swamped with low-IQ-high-violence Polynesians. It may be fairly "white" or "Maori-white" for now but this isn't going to last long.

Another ethnic group making inroads there are the Chinese but personally I have less qualms against them.

Birka
10-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Die for a country that elected Ombongo?

Liffrea
10-04-2009, 03:59 PM
No.

There’s only two things I would risk my life for, certain members of my family and my freedom of conscience, which is the only true freedom any man has.

"A country of our own!" Pfft when has that horse crap ever amounted to any resemblance of reality?

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, Liff. If you don't want to die for your country you can always try to make the other guy die for his. And preferably in vain too. :coffee:

Liffrea
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lawspeaker
Well, Liff. If you don't want to die for your country you can always try to make the other guy die for his. And preferably in vain too.

Not just die I wouldn’t lift a finger to fight for it neither, I would never wear the Queen’s uniform, I have no quarrel with Iraqis, Afghans, Russians, Chinese, French nor Germans. I wouldn’t take the shilling and I wouldn’t answer the call, other men’s wars aren’t my business.

I look closer to home and I think any thinking person has a lot of soul searching to do in the days to come and will wake up to some uncomfortable realisations, where that will lead I can make guesses but they aren’t the sort of guesses I would comfortably post on an open forum, let’s just say that I think my enemies look like me, sound like me, what’s different is the mind.

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Not just die I wouldn’t lift a finger to fight for it neither, I would never wear the Queen’s uniform, I have no quarrel with Iraqis, Afghans, Russians, Chinese, French nor Germans. I wouldn’t take the shilling and I wouldn’t answer the call, other men’s wars aren’t my business.

I look closer to home and I think any thinking person has a lot of soul searching to do in the days to come and will wake up to some uncomfortable realisations, where that will lead I can make guesses but they aren’t the sort of guesses I would comfortably post on an open forum, let’s just say that I think my enemies look like me, sound like me, what’s different is the mind.
But what if Britain was attacked ?

Loddfafner
10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
On 9/11 I realized that I could. I reject the opinion in this line from an old Jefferson Airplane song:

I would rather have my country die for me!

Artorius
10-04-2009, 06:14 PM
I would be willing to put my life at risk if my folk or religion faced aggression, but for my country? Not so much.

Edit:

It really depends on what my government was asking me to die for. To save some southeast Asian country from Communism? No. If my country was at war with a genocidal horde attacking Britain or Australia, I would be more inclined to join the military.

Liffrea
10-04-2009, 07:11 PM
But what if Britain was attacked ?

To be honest I really don’t know, not anymore, I love England but that’s just sentiment and longing for something that doesn’t exist and probably never has.

I believe in many things but when I look at England today I see next to none of them, no my answer would probably still be no in pretty much every circumstance, sharing a nationality isn’t going to make me fight for you.

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 07:27 PM
- http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7082/whiteflagmonkey.jpg
;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1939.........Britain declared war on Hitler, we went to war when most of Europe was under the jackboot of Nazism.
Millions were killed in the concentration camps, and millions more died fighting.
Britain and her allies suffered greatly, the cost of war with Germany is being felt even now, as the UK has been paying off the Lend Lease Agreement with the United States of America.
It's easy for Savorgnan to say "ah yes but we were born after the war so it's nothing to do with us", the victory of the Alies were of another generation.
This is true, but it is the ones who saw the depravity the nation suffered because we sold off every asset and all the Gold reserves we had to pay for war, making us the poor man of Europe that we are today, punching below our weight.
My birth was in October 1958, so that is 13 yrs after the ending of WW2.
France must have had Gold reserves safely tucked away in countries during the war, America sent a warship to South Africa to collect the last of our Gold that was in Johanasburg to pay for the tanks and munitions we desparately needed.
Churchill was going to collect all the Gold wedding rings to shame America, but in the end the American Senate relented and devised the Lend Lease Agreement.
Yes my fathers generation fought the war, but it is his sons generation that has to pay for you to sit in your high rise flat, with your pleasant view in your suburb outside of Paris Savorgnan?

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes my fathers generation fought the war, but it is his sons generation that has to pay for you to sit in your high rise flat, with your pleasant view in your suburb outside of Paris Savorgnan?

Marshall plan, anyone? Please stop whining, this attitude is not appreciated in the Roman legion.

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 07:50 PM
1939.........Britain declared war on Hitler, we went to war when most of Europe was under the jackboot of Nazism.
Millions were killed in the concentration camps, and millions more died fighting.Mourir pour Dantzig? A whole empire lost and you guys still pat your own backs.

Hussar
10-04-2009, 08:07 PM

;) ;) ;)

Freomæg
10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Short answers is yes. But what it really equates to is a willingness to die for my family, folk and way of life. When you get people across the country willing to defend their immediate community then, in effect, you're a mass of people willing to die for your country.

In this day and age dying for one's country will probably mean dying at the hands of your own government.

Black Turlogh
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Why not? Men have died for less.

10-04-2009, 08:33 PM
To be honest I really don’t know, not anymore, I love England but that’s just sentiment and longing for something that doesn’t exist and probably never has.

I believe in many things but when I look at England today I see next to none of them, no my answer would probably still be no in pretty much every circumstance, sharing a nationality isn’t going to make me fight for you.

Then the multikult has won. :mad:

Fortunately, I think most Brits would still fight. I reckon you would too, if it came down to it. :D

Mourir pour Dantzig? A whole empire lost and you guys still pat your own backs.

If you're saying Britain sacrificed greatly to free Europe against her own selfish best interests, then I agree with you. :p

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Then the multikult has won. :mad:

Fortunately, I think most Brits would still fight. I reckon you would too, if it came down to it. :D
I think so too. They have their ways in the army. An officer pointing a L9A1 Browning on his neck and he will charge on alright.. ;)

0KzqzIR8x4U

10-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Perhaps 1453 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War)?

So it took the frogs, who outnumbered the English greatly, over 100 years to eject us from their country. :D No wonder Al-Frogawi left it to someone else to answer.

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
If you're saying Britain sacrificed greatly to free Europe against her own selfish best interests, then I agree with you. :p
I hope you don't believe Britain (or any country for that matter) intended to sacrifice against her own interest.

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 08:48 PM
So it took the frogs, who outnumbered the English greatly, over 100 years to eject us from their country. :D No wonder Al-Frogawi left it to someone else to answer.
And they lost almost every mayor engagement while they were at it: Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt.. ;)

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 08:48 PM

You can whine as long as you wish, with any excuse you want (numbers, surface, time, weather), it doesn't change the final result.

And they lost almost every mayor engagement while they were at it: Crecy, Poitiers, Agincourt.. ;)

It was about winning war, not battles. Ever heard of Pyrrhus?

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 08:54 PM
You can whine as long as you wish, with any exucse you want (numbers, surface, time, weather), it doesn't change the final result.
Something tells me that the British should give it another try... :cool:

It was about winning war, not battles. Ever heard of Pyrrhus?
Good point. You won the war because of a Breton farmer (Du Guesclin) and later on because of a girl.
Who, unlike the rest of France, did learn a trick or two about tactics.

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Something tells me that the British should give it another try... :cool:

Velleity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velleity).

Velleity is defined as "the lowest degree of volition, a slight wish or tendency, inclination."

Good point. You won the war because of a Breton farmer (Du Guesclin) and later on because of a girl.
Who, unlike the rest of France, did learn a trick or two about tactics.

Whatever your excuse... oh wait, you're not even English. :D

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Whatever your excuse... oh wait, you're not even English. :D
That a country with such a military record should be less arrogant. What if someone hears those arrogant French and takes offense....;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1994-036-09A,_Paris,_Parade_auf_der_Champs_Elys%C3%A9e.jpg

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Al-Frankawi=Savorgnan, My piss take on Stirpes went over your silly Frog head, you did not for one second get it, you still don't get it.
But we all get your little piss take name on The Apricity.
Savorgnan you will do exactly what you did on Stirpes, you cannot change can you?

10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I hope you don't believe Britain (or any country for that matter) intended to sacrifice against her own interest.

It's you nutzis who rattle on about Hitler not wanting war with Britain and offering genuine peace. I tend to think that war was inevitable with a megalomaniac and Britain had little choice.

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
So, Savorgnan. Tell me more about those incredible French military exploits. Like the violation of the neutrality of the Republic of the United Netherlands in 1747, the shelling of Brussels (an open city) in 1695 and some more military heroism like what we have seen in May and June 1940 when you people were so happy to work together with Marshall Petain and mister Hitler. ;)

At least the Belgian and Dutch army fought until the bitter end. France didn't.

10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
You can whine as long as you wish, with any exucse you want (numbers, surface, time, weather), it doesn't change the final result.

Whine? I'm laughing my ass off

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 09:16 PM
That a country with such a military record should be less arrogant.

You're talking to a forum member, not a country. Relax.

What if someone hears those arrogant French and takes offense....;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1994-036-09A,_Paris,_Parade_auf_der_Champs_Elys%C3%A9e.jpg

LOL, you so live in the past. So here we go again: Velleity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velleity)

Al-Frankawi=Savorgnan, My piss take on Stirpes went over your silly Frog head, you did not for one second get it, you still don't get it.

Looks like someone's feelings have been hurt here... and on Stirpes.

Savorgnan you will do exactly what you did on Stirpes, you cannot change can you?

Germanicus, you will do exactly what you did on Stirpes, you cannot change can you?

You want countries to stay the exact same, but at the same time you want people to change?

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Savorgnan has'nt a clue what true patriotism is anyway, the French armies of the past did'nt too, so no wonder he babbles on the way he does?
And why do you always repeat what i have posted, i am original in thought and deed... you are not?
My feelings hurt? not so Mr Frenchman, no my feeling for you here is just the same as in Stirpes....revulsion

Hussar
10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Savorgnan has'nt a clue what true patriotism is anyway, the French armies of the past did'nt too, so no wonder he babbles on the way he does?

Sav is a proud Friulian (italian), French. Be carefull ;)

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
French soldiers in 1940 were poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly paid.
French soldiers were not kept busy, were not training and only received some 50 centimes a day. The British kept their army in proper shape, were motorized, well trained (as best they could) and received a couple of pounds a day in pay. (in comparison- the salary of the U.S Army for a private was 21 dls a month in 1943-1945).

Lethargy--- that was the character of the French army.

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
French soldiers in 1940 were poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly paid.
French soldiers were not kept busy, were not training and only received some 50 centimes a day. The British kept their army in proper shape, were motorized, well trained (as best they could) and received a couple of pounds a day in pay.

Also i hear the French had more reverse gears than the Italians in their tanks, Italy had 3 i believe, the French tanks had 14

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 09:29 PM
It's you nutzis who rattle on about Hitler not wanting war with BritainObviously Hitler didn't want war with Britain. What for? Any territorial claims were on the continent and Britain was a strong military force (if not the strongest). Have you ever read anything else by historians?

I tend to think that war was inevitable with a megalomaniac and Britain had little choice.Then be happy she made the right choices for her own people.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/318188997_a09ca4c26c.jpg?v=0

Poltergeist
10-04-2009, 09:31 PM
How is the presence of Muslims in Britain related to the second world war?

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Savorgnan has'nt a clue what true patriotism is anyway

It's because I undertand it much more than you that I don't buy this bullshit.

the French armies of the past did'nt too, so no wonder he babbles on the way he does?

LOL. Who's babbling, here?

And why do you always repeat what i have posted, i am original in thought and deed...

6.5 billion humans think the same, old man. BTW, you also think you are a Roman. :D

My feelings hurt? not so Mr Frenchman, no my feeling for you here is just the same as in Stirpes....revulsion

I hope you can cope with it, Germanicus. I wouldn't want you to leave the forum because of this revulsion, because you entertain me. :)

The British kept their army in proper shape, were motorized, well trained (as best they could) and received a couple of pounds a day in pay.

Indeed, they were so well-trained that they fled out of France in a record short amount of time.

Dunkirk evacuation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_evacuation) aka "Operation Dynamo". :D

That's one of the drawbacks of living a more pleasant lifestyle in a more pleasant country. So?

The Lawspeaker
10-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Indeed, they were so well-trained that they fled out of France in a record short amount of time.

Dunkirk evacuation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_evacuation) aka "Operation Dynamo". :D
No they realized that it would be senseless to die for a bunch of frogs that weren't even fighting while Britain herself was in need of those troops in case Britain would be invaded.
Anyways- they even evacuated a great number of French.

That's one of the drawbacks of living a more pleasant lifestyle in a more pleasant country. So?
IMHO. Of the two countries that I have visited I found Britain to be much more pleasant (at least where I was in the South). Lethargy and a lack of initiative is a typical French character treat because France is such a centralized country and because those troops were already so poorly trained and equipped.

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 09:40 PM
It's because I undertand it much more than you that I don't buy this bullshit.

LOL. Who's babbling, here?

6.5 billion humans think the same, old man. BTW, you also think you are a Roman. :D

I hope you can cope with it, Germanicus. I wouldn't want you to leave the forum because of this revulsion, because you entertain me. :)

You forgot about my insinuations of cowardise concerning the 14 reverse gears on French tanks old man?

As to my Romanism, it was a piss take like i have already posted, but again, you still do not get it.:D

Hussar
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Obviously Hitler didn't want war with Britain.........and Britain was a strong military force (if not the strongest). Have you ever read anything else by historians?

Yes............and he started a war against a much stronger armed force (Red Army)

Not very intelligent. Not a genious of Strategy at least.

Black Turlogh
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Ah, gotta love good English/French fight, and I thought it's all in the past now :D

Aye. We Irish have a particular taste for this feud. Tone would be happy if he could read this. :D

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
How is the presence of Muslims in Britain related to the second world war?Remnants from the ruins of the British Empire. Just imagine they are Pakis.

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 09:50 PM
No they realized that it would be senseless to die for a bunch of frogs that weren't even fighting while Britain herself was in need of those troops in case Britain would be invaded.

Brits evacuated between May 24 and June 4, and France surrendered on June 22.

IMHO. Of the two countries that I have visited I found Britain to be much more pleasant (at least where I was in the South).

Normal for a patriot, Holland and Enland look basically the same. But so does 2/3 of France. Sordid flat lands under a grey sky.

Lethargy and a lack of initiative is a typical French character treat

The fact we still exist after 1000 years of history is the definitive proof that you can survive with these shortcomings.

because France is such a centralized country and because those troops were already so poorly trained and equipped.

You're still in 1940? OK, I see that you don't live in the real world of 2009.

You forgot about my insinuations of cowardise concerning the 14 reverse gears on French tanks old man?

You keep on reminding me of French military defeats, things supposed to hurt a patriot's feelings (doesn't work on me), but at the same time you accuse me of not being a patriot. Where's the logic in that?

BTW, if I'm old, you're still 20 years older than me.

Poltergeist
10-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Remnants from the ruins of the British Empire. Just imagine they are Pakis.

OK. But you still failed to provide explanation as to how is this related to the second world war.

10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Obviously Hitler didn't want war with Britain. What for? Any territorial claims were on the continent and Britain was a strong military force (if not the strongest). Have you ever read anything else by historians?

I'm not sure if that last was a jibe or just awkward phrasing, but most historians agree that Britain wasn't ready for the war and Germany's population is larger than ours.

I don't regard Hitler as a trustworthy man. I reckon he would have turned on Britain eventually no matter what he said.

The war wasn't about whether immigration was good or not.

Hussar
10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
but most historians agree that Britain wasn't ready for the war and Germany's population is larger than ours.
I don't regard Hitler as a trustworthy man. I reckon he would have turned on Britain eventually no matter what he said.

How large is a population isn't indicative of its military force (result of long lasting Tradition, economic specific efforts etc.).

Anyway, yes.........it's possible that he would have attacked the british isles after the Soviet Union were disgregated.

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Al-Frankawi;
[/QUOTE]

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n449/ruffusruffcut/legate-1.jpg
You actually thought this was me on Stirpes did 'nt you?

Actually Savorgnan you will be entertainment for me and my mates in here for a while, then when your mouth has shown you to be the arsehole that you are, you will be an open target every time you post, so... piss off now, be a good frog eh?

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 09:59 PM
OK. But you still failed to provide explanation as to how is this related to the second world war.Decolonization as the result of war related financial, political and military weakness of the Empire in its colonies and resulting immigration to Great Britain, mostly of Indians and Pakistanis.

Poltergeist
10-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Decolonization as the result of war related financial, political and military weakness of the Empire in its colonies and resulting immigration to Great Britain, mostly of Indians and Pakistanis.

Decolonization was the result of the war? Well, that's debatable.

Or was colonialism a better state of affairs according to you? Wouldn't there be immigration even had the colonies remained in the possession of European powers, or perhaps even more so, since the bond would be in that case formally and politically stronger.

10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
How large is a population isn't indicative of its military force (result of long lasting Tradition, economic specific efforts etc.).

Between Germany and Britain I'd say that population was the main advantage that one had over the other so far as fielding a powerful army. To counteract that Britain had the advantage of being an island with a powerful navy

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n449/ruffusruffcut/legate-1.jpg
You actually thought this was me on Stirpes did 'nt you?

Of course not, you look way fatter and shorter.

Actually Savorgnan you will be entertainment for me and my mates in here for a while

You said I inspired you "revulsion", so I guess you enjoy being revulted... or is it another demonstration of your flawed logic?

then when your mouth has shown you to be the arsehole that you are, you will be an open target every time you post, so...

You really need to do something about your obsession with me. Rub one out, old man.

piss off now, be a good frog eh?

I'm a bad frog. BTW didn't you just say

Savorgnan you will be entertainment for me and my mates in here for a while

Make up your mind.

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 10:12 PM
BTW, if I'm old, you're still 20 years older than me.

My son was born in 1978 he is roughly the same age as you, but unlike you he has respect for age.
The French culture is without honour or respect, this is known by all of Europe, i did make a mental note when i found out it was you Al-Frankawi=Savorgnan not to reply to your Threads and posts, but i have changed my mind, i look forward to corresponding and playing with you.

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure if that last was a jibe or just awkward phrasing, No, I really was wondering if you ever read from any historian that Hitler intended to invade GB if she had stayed neutral. I never heard that assumption before.

but most historians agree that Britain wasn't ready for the war and Germany's population is larger than ours. Not sure about that but you still were the biggest power at sea at least and an island can't be invaded via plane. Germany's strength were her Panzer forces combined with Stuka attacks (i.e. Blitzkrieg) and they wouldn't be able to be employed in such a scenario.

The war wasn't about whether immigration was good or not.True, but that was the result (see my remark about decolonization), and you guys still speak of noble sacrifices for freeing Europe.

Hussar
10-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Hey..........

This Savorgnan Vs. Germanicus is even better than my old traditional battles with Zyklop :D

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
My son was born in 1978 he is roughly the same age as you, but unlike you he has respect for age.

Respect has to be earned, I never grant it in advance. Sorry if I am wiser than your son.

The French culture is without honour or respect

This is absolutely true. We're not held back by these two factors of retardation since long ago.

this is known by all of Europe

We're not held back by what thinks the rest of Europe, either.

i did make a mental note when i found out it was you Al-Frankawi=Savorgnan not to reply to your Threads and posts, but i have changed my mind, i look forward to corresponding and playing with you.

Coubertin would have been proud of your attitude. The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle (...) :D

Hussar
10-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Coubertin would have been proud of your attitude. The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle (...) :D

Ehm.......with all due respect, i appreciate Coubertain although i'm not so sure about his "truth" ;)

Germanicus
10-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Respect has to be earned, I never grant it in advance. Sorry if I am wiser than your son.

This is absolutely true. We're not held back by these two factors of retardation since long ago.

We're not held back by what thinks the rest of Europe, either.

Ha ha ha..... your BIG mouth is exactly as i remember it on Stirpes, and it is full of S**T, somethings never change, eh Frog?

Mesrine
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Ehm.......with all due respect, i appreciate Coubertain although i'm not so sure about his "truth" ;)

I never said that I appreciate Coubertin, or this sentence (never said by Coubertin himself, it's a legend). ;)

Ha ha ha..... your BIG mouth is exactly as i remember it on Stirpes, and it is full of S**T, somethings never change, eh Frog?

Talking of things that don't change, you ran out of arguments again. A classic.

10-04-2009, 10:43 PM
No, I really was wondering if you ever read from any historian that Hitler intended to invade GB if she had stayed neutral. I never heard that assumption before.

O I C. I can't think of a source for you atm, but from all I've read I don't think Hitler would have left Britain alone. What did he need those pocket battleships for except to fight the Royal Navy?

Not sure about that but you still were the biggest power at sea at least and an island can't be invaded via plane. Germany's strength were her Panzer forces combined with Stuka attacks (i.e. Blitzkrieg) and they wouldn't be able to be employed in such a scenario.

True, but that was the result (see my remark about decolonization), and you guys still speak of noble sacrifices for freeing Europe.

I truly don't see how one caused the other.
And Britain did sacrifice to free France, Belgium, Holland etc. If what you say is true and Germany would have left Britain alone then all the lives and treasure spent fighting Germany were sacrificed for the good of others. If Germany would have turned on Britain eventually then the sacrifice was more self-interest.

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Decolonization was the result of the war?Yes, of course. The colonial powers simply were too weakened to uphold order in their protectorates anymore. Great Britain had to give up her status as global power for economic reasons and handed it over to the US.

Or was colonialism a better state of affairs according to you? Wouldn't there be immigration even had the colonies remained in the possession of European powers, or perhaps even more so, since the bond would be in that case formally and politically stronger.The mass immigration to GB only started 1947 after Indian independence and many Indians and Pakis moved overseas to escape the resulting tumults and poverty. They also were invited to help building up the country again.

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
O I C. I can't think of a source for you atm, but from all I've read I don't think Hitler would have left Britain alone. You know, in the 1920s when he wrote Mein Kampf, Hitler still was dreaming of an alliance with GB. Not because of being peaceful but for strategic reasons: Germany the superpower on the continent, Britain on the sea.

What did he need those pocket battleships for except to fight the Royal Navy? Would still never have been a match for the Royal Navy. It's not like the Bismarck would have been able to sail up the Thames and turn London into rubble.

And Britain did sacrifice to free France, Belgium, Holland etc. If what you say is true and Germany would have left Britain alone then all the lives and treasure spent fighting Germany were sacrificed for the good of others.That's what was told to the simple soldier and he maybe really fought for it in his own mind, and that makes his sacrifice noble indeed. But no government sends his soldiers away to die for the interests of other countries. War has always been a selfish endeavour. Just keep in mind Britain's long lasting tradition of suppressing any arising power on the continent.

10-04-2009, 11:24 PM
You know, in the 1920s when he wrote Mein Kampf, Hitler still was dreaming of an alliance with GB. Not because of being peaceful but for strategic reasons: Germany the superpower on the continent, Britain on the sea.

I just wonder how serious he was about it when the shooting started. Germany and Britain should have been allies, but...

Would still never have been a match for the Royal Navy.

Of course not. :p

That's what was told to the simple soldier and he maybe really fought for it in his own mind, and that makes his sacrifice noble indeed. But no government sends his soldiers away to die for the interests of other countries. War has always been a selfish endeavour. Just keep in mind Britain's long lasting tradition of suppressing any arising power on the continent.

The last sentence is true enough. Churchill himself talks about the longstanding tradition of allying with the second strongest European power to prevent the strongest from taking over completely. I'd say you are being a little cynical though with the rest. Perhaps more accurate to say that it wasn't the sole consideration.

Zyklop
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
The last sentence is true enough. Churchill himself talks about the longstanding tradition of allying with the second strongest European power to prevent the strongest from taking over completely. I'd say you are being a little cynical though with the rest. Perhaps more accurate to say that it wasn't the sole consideration.Please name only one war in the history of man that was fought for altruistic reasons.

Lulletje Rozewater
10-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Please name only one war in the history of man that was fought for altruistic reasons.

War of the sexes:rolleyes: or defending the human rights of foreigners(Afganistan-Irak-Somalia-Vietnam-Korea-South Africa).No matter what the reasons were for Bush. I am sure that the soldiers were sold on:" defend America or liberate the oppressed or down with Communism"

The question is dubious.
I would die to safe my property,my family and myself.
My property is part of my country and in that respect I would die, on my property, for my country to safe my property and family,but to die in another country for the sake of some dumbo Commander in Chief's say so???NOOOOOOOO.

Finsterer Streiter
10-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Affirmative. I'd die for my country. It´s my bloody duty if needed.

I´ve vowed allegiance to the flag at the beginning of my military service and this bond ends with my death, no damn second earlier. I spurn our current FRG system (being a lapdog of EU fucktards) but my nation stays my nation. A positive side effect of my oath of allegiance is my training in military knowledge and weapon mastery.

When it comes to the breakdown of our decadent and retarded system I´m prepared and ready to jump off.

Cato
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
At present, no.
In an ideal world, yes.

10-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Please name only one war in the history of man that was fought for altruistic reasons.

Solely for altruistic reasons? Again, you are being overly cynical. Chamberlain tried his very best to avoid war for largely altruistic reasons. When that was no longer an option, some in Parliament were motivated by national self-interest and some by a desire to defend others against tyranny.

Liffrea
10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by 007
Then the multikult has won.

There are new loyalties emerging, I would not fight alongside men I despise and who despise me. Many English people are quite happy with the way things are, why should I fight for them? Indeed why should they care about my opinions? Those who share my beliefs are the one’s I would consider myself able to fight alongside.

Fortunately, I think most Brits would still fight.

I very much doubt there will be an uprising, race war or the great "unwashed" marching on Westminster. People have grumbled about their “lot” from the year dot, it means nothing, popular revolts don’t spark change (Wat Tyler), that’s not how things work. The simple fact is there is no real organised opposition to what is happening in Europe, none what so ever, just populist parties and disgruntled rejects, none of which amount to a hill of beans.

Most may not like it but so what? What are they going to do about it? Take up arms? March on Downing Street? Old Mrs Jones next door, she going to switch off Neighbours and grab her rolling pin? The mouthy bloke in the local whose going to “change the world”, he’s going to shut his mouth and give Brown a good thrashing? The wannabe GI Joe’s playing army men in the hills they’re going to start a people’s revolution? What about the skin head down the road, spends his days wanking off to the Turner Diaries and “hates Pakis, Nigs and Jews” he’s finally going to stop his ranting and kick off? How about all those nice fat middle aged men in suit and tie commuting home, they’re going to skip the dinner the little woman has made and “kick some Labour scum in”. What about all the assorted student types with their “smash the system” banners putting in office windows, they’re actually going to pose a threat to the state?

Ah well yeah, now we’re in the cold light of day err……

Most people moan, some about immigrants and the EU but most because they haven't got this or that, they aren't getting their leg over or their job is shit. I was working today, not one person mentioned immigrants or the EU. Most people shrug their shoulders and simply don't care enough. Cut their bread or money then you may well see riots, but leave the comfy chair because of Lisbon or the hundreds of thousands pouring through the borders each year, I don't think so, do you really believe so?

Those who care to preserve what little there is left will do so, quietly, in an increasingly alien society, that's what is happening anyway (I'm not racist but, the knowing looks) now I don’t like it but I don’t go in for pipe dreams or BS, I’ve got more chance of Christ making his second coming from my back garden than I have of seeing the “cleansing tide” remove the maggots at the heart of Britain.

I reckon you would too, if it came down to it.

The thought police haven’t quite created 1984 yet, but the day may come, the day I’m held because of my conscience or violently persecuted for it or my family are attacked (for whatever reason) then yes, I would fight, but it won’t be for England or “the white race” it will be for the right of people to live their lives as they see fit and to live in good conscience (true freedom in other words) and the reality is I won’t be fighting Muslims or blacks I would more than likely be fighting other Englishmen who would see people like me as the enemy of their society.

I think so too. They have their ways in the army. An officer pointing a L9A1 Browning on his neck and he will charge on alright..

Really? We would see, I would die for my conscience (at least I hope I would be man enough to do so) until put to the test nobody knows.

Phlegethon
10-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Affirmative. I'd die for my country. It´s my bloody duty if needed.

And your country is which one exactly?

I´ve vowed allegiance to the flag at the beginning of my military service

If we are talking about the same army here you vowed "Ich gelobe, der Bundesrepublik Deutschland treu zu dienen..."

and this bond ends with my death, no damn second earlier.

it ends with the end of your active service, actually. Unless of course you want to serve the FRG voluntarily. I don't.

I spurn our current FRG system (being a lapdog of EU fucktards) but my nation stays my nation.

Our nation has no political representation, though - and the discussion here is about countries. My country ceased to exist in 1918.

10-06-2009, 06:29 PM
:cussing:cussing:cussing:cussing:cussing

I actually meant if the country were attacked by foreign armed forces.

But if you say you wouldn't I'll take your word. In that case you are just another victim of the culture destroyers. They've worked long and hard to destroy the nation and everybody who gives up is another victory for them.

RoyBatty
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
America sent a warship to South Africa to collect the last of our Gold that was in Johanasburg to pay for the tanks and munitions we desparately needed.

Ahem.... *cough*... you mean the SA's gold! PS, where is my refund? :D

People won't rush to the streets in open rebellion unless the situation was already so dire that they had nothing left to lose. Those conditions just don't exist in Europe at the present time.

Therefore they'll do nothing more than grumble about the crumbling state of affairs before withdrawing and submitting to TV mind control aka "entertainment" and football.

Liffrea
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by 007
I actually meant if the country were attacked by foreign armed forces.

Lol! So what if it was? We would go from de facto foreign occupation to de jure! Anyone who seriously wants to get all rowdy about lost national independence has left it a bit late in the day, we’re just a province of the European Empire now, and most of what passes for law in the UK (along with money the only two real qualifications for independence) is made by the EU state (about 80% of it in fact). When they finally replace the Union Jack with the sickly yellow stars and the Euro replaces the pound (I give it three years if that) it will be symbolic, nothing more. You know the best way to make a chain? One link at a time, most will barely notice. The establishment aren’t fools, bread and circuses, as long as most people eat and are entertained they are content.

Sure you will get “malcontents” and the “disgruntled”, “people who rock the boat” and are a “threat to the people”, free thinkers in other words or people who just don’t like the way things are. But what really changes society is people with real power, real influence and the resources to back that up, we don’t have a counter movement of any strength, if we did then maybe “the mob” could be turned in a new direction but you see those who do run society quite like it as it is.

But if you say you wouldn't I'll take your word. In that case you are just another victim of the culture destroyers. They've worked long and hard to destroy the nation and everybody who gives up is another victory for them.

At some point reality has to enter your life. What are you going to fight for, Who are you going to fight for? And, more to the point, what with? Liquid courage? The country you’re thinking of ceased to exist in any meaningful way decades ago. If the question was would I lay my life on the line for the Britain of 1939 I would have answered yes, it was far from perfect but it was still a nation, it still had substance, more to the point it still had a sense of vitality and purpose, a goal, a vision. You want me to fight for the Britain of 2009? To be blunt I wouldn’t urinate on it if it were on fire, the quicker this Britain is dead and buried the better, it increasingly represents everything I despise, what I care about is what rises out of the ashes (at the extreme end) or what flowers can still grow amongst the weeds.

Victim of the culture destroyers! Far from it Mr Bond, far from it, there are very people with a real sense of identity and culture left, very few who still love what England could be, not just what it was, I like to think in my egotistical moments I’m one of them. What future for people like me in the world ahead? People who don’t really “fit in” and never have, people who stand on the edges of society, people who go their own way, people who dream perhaps? Everyone else will be living their lives in the brand new 21st century multiculti Euro province happy as Larry, me? At best pity and the source of ridicule at worst persecuted, or maybe there is another way, maybe. I’m not saying I have found it or even know how it can be done but I have hope. I have to have hope, otherwise I have to be reconciled to growing old in an alien land as a relic (and not even a very good relic at that).

It’s not the hope you have, I’ve reconciled myself to the slow demise of the country we used to know a long while back……..in fact stop it there have I ever known this mythical Britain? No I was born in a post EU, post mass immigration Britain, that’s all I know, but somewhere along the line I started to listen to my conscience and started to see things differently from most, that either makes me exceptional or a freak (perhaps both) I’m smart enough to know that I’m a minority at least, I’ve done my marching and protest days, I’ve learned that you can’t teach a dog to drive, and I’ve learned how things really work, my hope is that something can be saved, that there are still people who care enough to want to preserve and transmit, that’s the only hope, I believe, that is realistic. This Britain you want to die for, you can keep it, the Britain of your dreams, it’s dead my friend, sorry to break the news but there it is. It ceased to exist because most people stopped caring, that's not my fault, where we go from here? Who knows but let's try to be realistic.

Óttar
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
If it was for a return politically to 1776, I would die for America, but we've turned into an overly bloated bureaucratic State, and there isn't much hope for people to wake up any time soon.

10-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Victim of the culture destroyers!

Yes. They want you to roll over and play dead. This place isn't worth fighting for, etc. etc. Feel guilty for the nasty past and embrace the warped present or give up in despair. Never mind, we'll have to manage without you, I guess.

Óttar
10-07-2009, 01:48 AM
You can whine as long as you wish, with any excuse you want (numbers, surface, time, weather), it doesn't change the final result.
The French got kicked out of India (Pondicherry) and Egypt by the British. They made the wrong decision and ceded Canada to the British. They got defeated at Waterloo by the British. You guys got bailed out by the British and <gasp> the Americans in WWII, and then shaved French women's heads and mocked the Germans as if the defeat of the Nazis had anything to do with you. You guys were Nazi collaborators. The irony is, you guys were sold out to the Germans by your own greatest general no less!

Gimme a break. :cool:

Liffrea
10-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by 007
Never mind, we'll have to manage without you, I guess.

I'm sure you'll do fine.;)

Cato
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
If it was for a return politically to 1776, I would die for America, but we've turned into an overly bloated bureaucratic State, and there isn't much hope for people to wake up any time soon.

I doubt that they ever will.

Tabiti
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Really depends on the cause. If it's not for my country interest only (like missions in the Middle East) I would not.

Amapola
10-08-2009, 07:44 PM
No... and let alone for anything that my country represents nowadays.

Radojica
10-10-2009, 11:06 AM
In case someone attack my country i would not be sorry to give my life to protect my country, family, friends...Just knowing the fact that i will save at least one child with giving my life in defend of my country is enough satisfaction for me to die...

Ariets
10-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Yes - for the idea.
No - for the country as it look like present day.

SuuT
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I would, yes. I might even die for yours.

Manifest Destiny
11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I'd die for my principles, but not for a country per se.

Loxias
11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't die for what France is nowadays. I'd be more willing to die for European civilisation(s) and their protection than for the French République as it is.

Sunray
01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
It's an awkward question to answer. Obviously what is meant by my 'country' is a variable but also 'for'. Would I die because by sacrificing myself to take that enemy position I would 100% save my country or would it only help, or only possibly help. Or would taking that position not make my country survive but increase its oil reserves, or only help increase its oil reserves, or only possibly increase its oil reserves.

Soldiers do not fight and die for their country in anything like a direct sense. They fight for their mates around them, although that kinship and sense of shared purpose is made greater by being of the same nation.

Outside of very abstract examples, we may only talk of taking risks with death for ones country. Other factors too come into play. An infantryman fighting in Afghanistan is willing to take the quite high risks but not if he did not get paid, have some career out of it and had the added social status etc. etc.

Turkophagos
01-02-2011, 11:46 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YTW2GqN0o14/TMYfoEStXbI/AAAAAAAAAbE/GHDXXOM7D38/s1600/EllasEvgnomonousa.jpg

I'd die for Her.

Murphy
01-02-2011, 11:49 PM
I would give my life to defend my country.

Regards,
Eóin.

I'm not so sure it's worth defending any longer..

Lábaru
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Well, that is implicit in my work in a way. Yes.

Grumpy Cat
01-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Said before I would, still today I would.

Just not going to join the Canadian Forces as long as our government sends our troops in to fight for the interest of other nations (USA, Israel) and not our own.

Pallantides
01-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't die for Jens Stoltenberg or this government, but I'd gladly give my life if it meant saving my family, loved ones and friends.

So I'll vote 'unsure'

Liffrea
01-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Pragmatism, cost/benefit of supporting a particular regime. Will my life be better or worse for taking up arms for or against it?

For me it is the only logical basis in a society where I’m likely to feel alienated from large segments of it, not just the increasing number of aliens but large proportions of Britons.

Austin
01-03-2011, 12:56 AM
I would not die for my country currently as it does not represent me or those like me in my eyes.

I would however die for a movement and or leader that had substantial enough support to destroy the current Western system and reforge it into something that closer represented me and those like me. I would absolutely be willing to die for such a movement. Yet no......... currently I wouldn't die for any current U.S. conflicts nor would I allow my children to if they lived here.

If I have children I will teach them from early on to stay away from ever joining the military, just as I and most other white Americans are taught behind closed doors.

poiuytrewq0987
01-03-2011, 01:04 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/axis-conquers-philippines-38.jpg

Radojica
01-03-2011, 02:03 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/axis-conquers-philippines-38.jpg

I googled cetnik and guess what (not who) came up to me :eek:

Fucking Inquiring Mind :....

:rotfl:

http://i47.tinypic.com/nb3neb.jpg

Don
01-03-2011, 02:19 AM
For this?
http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20090413elpepiedu_2/XXLCO/Ies/Alumnos_colegio_Barcelona.jpg

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Many ancestors gave their lives for centuries to keep this land ours and now, in only 10 years their sacrifices are... ·$%&Ñ/(!"·

... I don't think in losing my live but in make others to lose theirs for this vile attack to me, my ancestors and my descendants.

If my mother land demands blood is their blood the one to be poured, the one of invaders and traitors.

http://www.webislam.com/media/image/2009/08/musulmanes_residentes_españa.jpg

That is my answer.

Magister Eckhart
01-03-2011, 03:09 AM
I refuse to bleed for Negroes, Hispanics, and White trash, which form the majority of this country's population.

I would give my life for culture, not for country.

Radola
01-03-2011, 08:32 AM
My ancestors had to die for "their" country many times. Eg.from my maternal and paternal sides someone died in the WW1 - although they didn´t die for their country but for The Austro-Hungarian monarchy...So I´m glad that if one day I would die for the country I live in - than It would be truly MY COUNTRY...
That´s the way I feel it.

themandylion
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
For America, Hell no.

In defense of the Adamic (Aryan) race, YES.

Fortis in Arduis
01-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I would live for my nation.

To die for my country would be bizarre.

Foxy
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
For Italy as it is today, governed by one of the most corrupted bunch of people, NO. For Europe and what it means, the place of reason, the land of the whites, the old pagan and then christian continent, I'd do if the enemies are the muslim hordes. But I would be pretty honoured to bring to Hell some of them before.

Lulletje Rozewater
01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
For Italy as it is today, governed by one of the most corrupted bunch of people, NO. For Europe and what it means, the place of reason, the land of the whites, the old pagan and then christian continent, I'd do if the enemies are the muslim hordes. But I would be pretty honoured to bring to Hell some of them before.

I would NEVER die for my country.
How ever I would die for Aemma or Foxie or any woman on this forum,it is an honor to do so.
Women shape the future

Comte Arnau
01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm not here to die for my country, but to make my country live longer.

Dario Argento
01-27-2011, 11:37 PM

WTF, I always make fun of Serbians but that just can't be real. :eek:

Ibericus
01-27-2011, 11:40 PM
WTF, I always make fun of Serbians but that just can't be real. :eek:
He is a serbian gypsy.

As for the question, I would not die for this rotten Spain, but I would die for a glorious and healthy Spain

_______
05-05-2011, 07:34 PM
i would die for the england of my childhood, however that england is sadly dead.
mass immigration renders past sacrifices meaningless- what was a glorious 60 years ago would today be quite pointless!
yes, the nazis were horrid but at least they loved their own people, which is more than i can say for the so-called 'english' politicians.

Black Sun Dimension
05-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Long and short answer: Fuck no.

Winterwolf
05-05-2011, 07:40 PM
For the current deep red Germany discriminating against its own people for sure not!

For a Germany like the German Empire I'd give my life.

That's why I voted unsure.

mymy
05-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Hm, no. I could die for people I love-no matter of nationality, for territory no.

iNird
05-05-2011, 07:43 PM
No.

When the rich wage war it's the poor who die

alzo zero
No. I would die for my family, friends and maybe even for my people but not for Italy.

Black Sun Dimension

This guy is everywhere.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5947/lolwvr.jpg (http://img543.imageshack.us/i/lolwvr.jpg/)

iNird
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM

I saw this guy on another forum. This guy is a Serbian Orthodox Gyspy. I believe he has some Serbian ancestry.

Labeat
05-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Yes i would die,for me it is honor to die for my homeland.

Panopticon
05-05-2011, 07:57 PM
War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.- Niko Bellic :D

Sabinae
05-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Yes.

But be it known, I would die for some of the people that live in this country, not for ground boundaries, nor corrupted leaders... just for the people inside these borders that are worth it.

I doubt any invaders would aim to kill me though... I could prove to be pretty useful... :laugh:

iNird
05-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I doubt any invaders would aim to kill me though... I could prove to be pretty useful... :laugh:

You're quite the tease.

;)

Sabinae
05-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I am also very serious :)

P.S. I could be useful in the medical field... And yes..i have ...other ...qualities too :D:D

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Id rather dye for my country

http://blog.sweetgeorgiayarns.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/2006-09-11_dye_vat2.jpg

Hess
05-05-2011, 08:31 PM
hmm, I am half and half

Who should I die for, France or Croatia? :dunno:

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-05-2011, 08:33 PM
hmm, I am half and half

Die for Vatican, at least they will make you a saint. Well... maybe... one day.

Aramis
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Would you die for your country?

Ridiculous question to ask a bunch of folks sitting comfortable in their armchair.

No go on, and enjoy your hot cocoa drinks.

Rosenrot
05-05-2011, 08:38 PM
for a bunch of corrupted greedy politicians, never.

Sabinae
05-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Would you die for your country?

Ridiculous question to ask a bunch of folks sitting comfortable in their armchair.

Im in my bed...still comfy though :)

Its a survey, a poll... its not like if i ask you "would you parachute yourself from a plane?" you'd have to be a professional parachute jumper... because then your answer would be plain "yes"...

Or...am i getting the wrong idea?:eek::confused:

Ibericus
05-05-2011, 08:40 PM
hmm, I am half and half

For Europe.

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-05-2011, 08:43 PM
For Europe.

FzlQwj36lDM

Aramis
05-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Im in my bed...still comfy though :)

Its a survey, a poll... its not like if i ask you "would you parachute yourself from a plane?" you'd have to be a professional parachute jumper... because then your answer would be plain "yes"...

Or...am i getting the wrong idea?:eek::confused:

It's a waste of time then, sorry.

I won't interrupt the topic anymore though. ;)

Hess
05-05-2011, 08:50 PM
For Europe.

My thoughts exactly. I think it would be an honor to die for Europe.

The only reason why we are even having this discussion right now is because of our forefathers who sacrificed their blood and sweat for their country and for Europe.

Arthur Scharrenhans
05-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I would rather die for my principles than for my country. If I feel that my country, be it Italy or Europe or whatever, embodies those principles, I could die for it, I suppose.

Panopticon
05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
I'd die for any country that has ice hockey, bears, trees and Scandinavian women.

Foxy
05-05-2011, 08:55 PM
For Europe.

For the European values. It seems to me that the concept of "European" is more radicated and more dear for us Southern Europeans than for the others, but maybe is just an impression...
Maybe becouse we have already fought against the Enemy.

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
For Europe.

So you are suggesting him to die for krauts, frogs, dagos and blonde mongols? Thanks but no thanks I say.

Black Sun Dimension
05-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I wonder what would the poll look like if this was a muslim jihadist forum. :dizzy:

Peyrol
05-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I have to die for Silvio?

Never....

Efim45
05-05-2011, 09:02 PM
If a World War III breaks out, and it's GB, US, and other western countries against Russia, North Korea, China, etc; I'll be expected to fight for my piece-of-shit native country over America. But I would kill as many Russians as I could.

Hess
05-05-2011, 09:06 PM
For the European values. It seems to me that the concept of "European" is more radicated and more dear for us Southern Europeans than for the others, but maybe is just an impression...

Well, that's not entirely true. Keep in mind the Norwegian crusades and the Swedish crusades.

Odoacer
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes, if my country were attacked by another, I would be willing to fight, & if necessary, die to defend her & to subdue her enemy. This is an entirely different situation from being sent to fight in foreign lands which have not done anything against my country.

Foxy
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM
So you are suggesting him to die for krauts, frogs, dagos and blonde mongols? Thanks but no thanks I say.

Not for that, but for democracy, for our free continent, for christianity, for our culture, for the humanism. I assure it worths it. You would understand it if you saw a Turkish float sailing towards your coast. Here we have a saying: << Mamma li Turchi!>> (Alas, the Turks!), that means that the biggest disgrace is coming. In the past this was the signal to close the doors of the city and to fight. U.U Many towns still celebrate their victory on the Turkish pirates.

I have to die for Silvio?

Never....

This was my first answer to this thread too :D That's why I replied not for Italy but for the European values.

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Not for that, but for democracy, for our free continent, for christianity, for our culture, for the humanism. I assure it worths it. You would understand it if you saw a Turkish float sailing towards your coast. Here we have a saying: << Mamma li Turchi!>> (Alas, the Turks!), that means that the biggest disgrace is coming. In the past this was the signal to close the doors of the city and to fight. U.U Many towns still celebrate their victory on the Turkish pirates.

Of course I hate turks. But germans were a bigger problem so far. Two world wars and whom to blame? Surely they killed more Europeans when Turks could ever dream of. And that bastard Napoleon? Another European hero? :tongue

Winterwolf
05-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Why so sensitive my dear southern Europeans? The question raised in this topic was: "would you die for your country", not would you die for your continent.

Thorazzo
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
It wouldnt be worth it because theres no afterlife anyway so its not like you could be lingering around somewhere saying i'm so proud of myself i died for such a great cause

Foxy
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Of course I hate turks. But germans were a bigger problem so far. Two world wars and whom to blame? Surely they killed more Europeans when Turks could ever dream of. And that bastard Napoleon? Another European hero? :tongue

Indeed if Europeans won't stop to kill each others we 'll go nowhere. That's for sure.

Svanhild
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Of course I hate turks. But germans were a bigger problem so far. Two world wars and whom to blame?
And Stalin or Lenin were peaceful saints, huh? Meh. Talking about WW1, all countries are to blame with respect to messed-up alliance policies which lead to a chain effect.

Efim45
05-05-2011, 09:56 PM
The Russian Revolution was the worst thing to happen to Eastern Europe.

Falkata
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Depends on the situation

-Well now they call "die for your country" if you do it fighting in some pointless muslim barbarian country that half of the world cant even locate in a map so in that case I wouldn´t die neither I would even fight .

-If my country splitted in several regions I wouldnt die for it neither but I´d work hard to help to solve the problem (in a peaceful way)

- If my country was invaded by Morocco or any other of our southern friends and me and my people was opressed by them in that case I´d fight until death.

Thorazzo
05-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Depends on the situation

-Well now they call "die for your country" if you do it fighting in some pointless muslim barbarian country that half of the world cant even locate in a map so in that case I wouldn´t die neither I would even fight .

-If my country splitted in several regions I wouldnt die for it neither but I´d work hard to help to solve the problem (in a peaceful way)

- If my country was invaded by Morocco or any other of our southern friends and me and my people was opressed by them in that case I´d fight until death.

Can you really blame North African muslims for RETURNING back to Iberia after they were there for so many years. Did you think they would just completely abandon you :biggrin:

Dario Argento
05-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Can you really blame North African muslims for RETURNING back to Iberia after they were there for so many years. Did you think they would just completely abandon you :biggrin:

LOL, Morocco can't even compete with Spain now. Peru is more likely to invade Spain than Morocco and that speaks very bad of them nowadays :D

Falkata
05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
LOL, Morocco can't even compete with Spain now. Peru is more likely to invade Spain than Morocco and that speaks very bad of them nowadays :D

I´d say Ecuador more than Peru :D
But I´ve heard you have a good ammount of bolivianos in Buenos Aires so dont laugh too much :p

Юлия
05-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Hey, people, don't you think that you have wandered from the theme and from the asked question, trying to sort out who are better, more good and more noble? The Past is the Past. Whether it seems to you that it's time for new generations to show, that we can be friends, if our ancestors were not so clever to not fight each other. And if all of you consider yourselves as "clever and civilised persons", so show these qualities. But some of you speak about morals, however you are behaving no better than those whom you accuse in "barbarity". It looks silly, as if the smoker condemns the other smoker. Take it easy :angel

If a World War III breaks out, and it's GB, US, and other western countries against Russia, North Korea, China, etc; I'll be expected to fight for my piece-of-shit native country over America. But I would kill as many Russians as I could.

o__O

The Russian Revolution was the worst thing to happen to Eastern Europe.

It was... Whether Pyotr Stolypin looks as more or less adequate and worth politician of those times? :confused:

And about question. Song words of Russian alternative band "Lumen" well express my feelings (and apparently, feelings of the majority of you): "I love my Country, but I hate the State". For me my country is a part of my soul, my family, my friends, my memories, my people, my culture, my language, my nature, my love - all my life. But the state is a group of corrupt and lying politicians (with bunch of economic, political, social problems in addition), whom I deeply hate with all my heart. I hate the State (or the Government) as much as I love my Country. Very sad to tell, but I hate Russia as political formation (and not only Russia, if to be honest). I will never go to die for the State, I will go to die for the family and friends, for a life, for these green trees, for the right of people to see a shining sun over their heads, for the future...

Albion
05-06-2011, 09:50 AM
If it was invaded then yes, probably, but as a rebel.

Peyrol
05-06-2011, 10:24 AM
ba bla bla "the history seen by naive".

Conquest/occupation ≠ colonization, is a fact, but some of you can't realize this basilar axiom.

alzo zero
05-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Conquest/occupation ≠ colonization, is a fact, but some of you can't realize this basilar axiom.
Usually for Italy it works like that. ;)

Enya
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Not for my country, but for my people. "I as an individual am nothing, but my roots and race are everything".

Peyrol
05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Usually for Italy it works like that. ;)

Because we're a nation of mongoloids braindamaged communists.

alzo zero
05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Because we're a nation of mongoloids braindamaged communists.
I agree with you about we're being "a nation of mongoloids braindamaged communists", but actually I was referring to foreigners speaking about us (Lombards=Germans, Sicilians=Arabs, etc.).

Murphy
05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Not for my country, but for my people. "I as an individual am nothing, but my roots and race are everything".

You're such a socialist :D!

Peyrol
05-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree with you about we're being "a nation of mongoloids braindamaged communists", but actually I was referring to foreigners speaking about us (Lombards=Germanics, Sicilians=Arabs, etc.).

Ahahaha sorry, i woke up late and i'm confused.

Yes, there are some stupid stereotypes like Piemonteis= french, lombard=germanic, sicilian=arab (berbers, at least, not arab, arabs lives in Middle East not in North Africa :laugh:),tuscanian=etrurian, etc etc...maybe because these people never come in Italy to see the realilty, but talk for cinematographic stereotypes.

Enya
05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
You're such a socialist :D!

There's a reason for why it's called NationalSOCIALISM.

The Lawspeaker
05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his.

Peasant
05-06-2011, 07:58 PM
No, I'd make the other bastard die for his. :D

... oh CB beat me to it. :rage

Lahtari
05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I would fight for an organic society I live in if under aggression - be it the size of my country, county, community or family. Dying for my government and it's policies should be left for the "trained professionals", aka. the professional soldiers.

Raskolnikov
05-07-2011, 04:42 AM
I was educated that I have no country by my country.

Wanderlust
05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Someone fought a century ago for me to be free and independent and I'm intelligent enough to know that we come in this cruel world only once.So now that we are free and independent all we have to do is fight our demons,live,follow a higher education,be productive and fair and make this world a better place for generations to come..I could fight for certain values but die?
Highly unlikely.

Poop
06-22-2011, 07:55 AM
No, I'm truly too intelligent and important.

Lucretius
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I would die only for Berlusconi III new Emperor of civilised lands!

http://lospecchioblog.altervista.org/specchio/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/dm-berlusconi-mussolini.jpg

Rachel
06-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I would die for my country but i cant really see the point... i mean what would i die for excatly? To keep forigen invaders off of American shores, thats already happened and would continue to even if i did die to stop it, i mean if i am going to die to save a bunch of other people it better be an epic death scene !!

MST3K
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
No. I am too good looking and intelligent.:D

rhiannon
09-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Only if it meant that dying for my country would directly have an impact on keeping my family safe from harm. Otherwise, no. My family comes first.

billErobreren
09-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Nope.

_______
09-04-2011, 12:17 PM
no

Amapola
09-04-2011, 12:32 PM
N-o.

Damião de Góis
09-04-2011, 05:17 PM
If my country was invaded and if i felt my loved ones threatened i would certainly fight. And i could die while doing this, yes.

Mordid
09-04-2011, 05:17 PM
If my country was invaded and if i felt my loved ones threatened i would certainly fight. And i could die while doing this, yes.

Same.

SilverKnight
09-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes.. To the end, because that's the land I first set foot on and the land that represents me and my family.

Neanderthal
09-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Yes, i'm conscripted in the Army, that means if theres a war I would be deployed. But then again, Mexico haven't been at war since WWII, so...

Neanderthal
09-04-2011, 05:27 PM
N-o.

You don't love La madre Patria enough.:(

Aces High
09-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes....and it very nearly happened more than once.

Kataphraktoi
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Nah, I'd rather make the other guy die for his. :thumb001:

Edelmann
09-05-2011, 05:54 PM
The current mainstream understanding of "America" is a multi-ethnic one. There are very few Africans or Hispanics (as in cholos) that I would be willing to die for.

Scrapple
09-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Yes if we were directly attacked by another nation-state, no if it was just a terrorist attack.

Money Shot
09-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Short answer....yes I would die for my country. Almost happened on a few occasions too.

The real answer is that when things start happening, your country is the last thing on your mind. I was far more concerned about my men and thier well being. I have one vivid recollection of the fear of looking into the eyes and what I would say to the parents of any of my Marines that I didn't bring home.

Thankfully, that was not something I had to deal with.

askra
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
no, i think i'm more useful alive than died for my country :p

Oreka Bailoak
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
No. I don't see why I'd give my life on the battlefield while so many people back at home wouldn't sacrifice their life for me. I made this decision after talking with many first generation Americans and was surprised that almost every one of them told me that they don't give a damn about our country and would never fight for it themselves- so if I went to war I'd be protecting them and their ideology and destroying mine. So while I'm off fighting all my Mexican, East-Asian, South-Asian, Jewish, African-American friends will be dating and marrying my women- that really bothers me. We don't have a sense of community spirit in America anymore- I don't trust the people that live around me. We no longer have a single culture worth protecting- in fact the only culture worth protecting- in our multicultural society- is the only one dying!
http://www.amazon.com/Bowling-Alone-Collapse-American-Community/dp/0743203046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315492924&sr=1-1
http://www.aei.org/video/101414

The money that corporations make during war time also disgusts me so I wouldn't consider fighting unless I knew that their profits were controlled.
http://www.amazon.com/War-Racket-Profit-Motive-Warfare/dp/1434407004/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315492903&sr=8-1

My immediate family will never be threatened considering the geography of America so I don't see why I should even consider that in making a decision.

Money Shot
09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
So while I'm off fighting all my Mexican, East-Asian, South-Asian, Jewish, African-American friends will be dating and marrying my women

Sounds like you need a better group of friends. :eek:

Oreka Bailoak
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Sounds like you need a better group of friends.
Yeah, I really don't like the morals and spirit of my friends and their beliefs but I grew up in a very diverse area and that's just how society works in multicultural areas- I hope it doesn't sound like I'm racist but minorities like white women the best and pick them as their first choice because they're the most attractive (except Indians who are very caste like)- I know this from being friends with minorities my whole life.

Now if you have a massive war when all the white guys leave (who are wildly over-represented in the military) and/or are killed what do you think happens back at home to the wife's they would have married or had. This is a very politically incorrect thought but one that I have when I think about myself going into a war with high casualties. Supply and demand shows what will happen and it's not in our genetic/cultural interests. To hell with war.

The Lawspeaker
09-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I frankly don't see why I should die for a corrupt elite. I am not married, have no kids, I don't own any property so I have little to defend. Democracy ? Like we ever had one. Let the sons of the bankers and the elite go to war in my stead. I value their lifes as much as they value mine: not at all.

Frederick
09-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I once read an article about a study on social behavior.
It claimed 10% of the population belong to the type that they would sacrifice themselfs to make sure their people survive.

But 20% of the population would sacrifice the life of their whole population if they could save their own life.

But it also claimed, this percentage differs between cultures.
In the 3th world, the percentage of people who would sacrifice themselfs for the group is smaller and the number of people who prefer a dead of all their people for the survival of themselfs is higher.

the 10/20 is European level.

The Lawspeaker
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM
And I would be the guy that in this current position would shrug and wouldn't give a shit. :coffee:

Sol Invictus
09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
"No man ever won a war by dying for his country. Wars were won by making the other poor bastard die for his."

http://edu.glogster.com/media/5/25/22/35/25223511.jpg

Aces High
09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I once read an article about a study on social behavior.
It claimed 10% of the population belong to the type that they would sacrifice themselfs to make sure their people survive.

But 20% of the population would sacrifice the life of their whole population if they could save their own life.

But it also claimed, this percentage differs between cultures.
In the 3th world, the percentage of people who would sacrifice themselfs for the group is smaller and the number of people who prefer a dead of all their people for the survival of themselfs is higher.

the 10/20 is European level.

The British army is made up of something like 80% of people with an urge to experience adventure and get away from their cloistered backgrounds.
Not to mention nearly everyone i knew had a serious criminal record and knew that getting into the kate would wipe their slate clean to a certain extent....the risks being worth it.
The dying for your country bit comes later.....you are taught that its not enough to serve in the British army but it is actually an honour to serve in one of the proud regiments.
The killing and maiming other people bit isnt too much of a problem because some of the lads come from the worst slum areas England,Wales,Scotland and Ulster has to offer.

Frederick
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
The British army is made up of something like 80% of people with an urge to experience adventure and get away from their cloistered backgrounds.
Not to mention nearly everyone i knew had a serious criminal record and knew that getting into the kate would wipe their slate clean to a certain extent....the risks being worth it.
The dying for your country bit comes later.....you are taught that its not enough to serve in the British army but it is actually an honour to serve in one of the proud regiments.
The killing and maiming other people bit isnt too much of a problem because some of the lads come from the worst slum areas England,Wales,Scotland and Ulster has to offer.

MEans, your Army is full of the "Traitor" type instead of the "Hero" type. Hmm?
What jobs do your "Heros" pick? ;)

Laudanum
09-08-2011, 05:20 PM
LOL. Hell no. My country would be nothing without me. :D;)

Argyll
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
It depends on which country. The one I was born in, or the one I was supposed to be born in?

Aces High
09-08-2011, 05:31 PM
MEans, your Army is full of the "Traitor" type instead of the "Hero" type. Hmm?

Crazy isnt it,makes you wonder how we conquered two thirds of the planet and the seven seas....with such rabble.;)

Money Shot
09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Crazy isnt it,makes you wonder how we conquered two thirds of the planet and the seven seas....with such rabble.;)

There's alot to said for rum, sodomy and the lash. ;)

Aces High
09-08-2011, 06:04 PM
There's alot to said for rum, sodomy and the lash. ;)

Hello sailor....:love0037:

Bobby Martnen
09-16-2018, 12:07 AM
No, but I would happily kill for my country.

Shqipez
09-16-2018, 12:11 AM
Yes.

Aldaris
09-16-2018, 12:14 AM
Anytime. Eternity in burning hells is fine with me, dignity is literally everything that matters.

Teutone
09-16-2018, 12:16 AM
Nothing more honorable than die for a greater good