PDA

View Full Version : Guess her ethnicities (mixed)

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:06 PM
One side is European while the other isn't ;)
http://cs413023.vk.me/v413023002/18fa/MiwSjRmBUMg.jpghttp://cs421920.vk.me/v421920002/226b/W8fdo-640u0.jpghttp://cs308223.vk.me/v308223002/cdc/eC7zOKartDU.jpg

Cleitus
08-07-2013, 12:12 PM
North African or middle eastern.

Zmey Gorynych
08-07-2013, 12:16 PM
If you want to make things difficult for your potential guessers you should'n post pictures in which you can clearly read "smoking kills" on her pack of cigarettes.

on the topic: she's a russian (or some kind of east-slav) - caucasian mix.

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:16 PM
North African or middle eastern.

Really? She looks like a South Slav to me

Chieftain
08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Beautiful, I' say she is rather Russian, Serbian or Macedonian(I can notice the Cyrillic alphabet writtings on the cigarette packet by the way).

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:18 PM
If you want to make things difficult for your potential guessers you should'n post pictures in which you can clearly read "smoking kills" on her pack of cigarettes.
Lol, I didn't even noticed that :s

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Beautiful, I' say she is rather Russian, Serbian or Macedonian(I can notice the Cyrillic alphabet writtings on the cigarette packet by the way).
I think I gave her Russian part away lol, what do you think her Non European part is?

Cleitus
08-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Middle eastern ?

RandoBloom
08-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I think I guessed her Russian part away lol, what do you think her Non European part is?

Azerbaijani, tajik, khazak, one of those on the south of Russia

cally
08-07-2013, 12:23 PM

I think this mix produces some of the most beautiful women

Insuperable
08-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Very cute

Russian/Ossetian:)

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Middle eastern ?
Not really, the other ethnicity can be considered white though, it's somewhere in the South.

Insuperable
08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
double post

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Well, Azeri is somewhat close but still not close enough racially, but they're located in the same area

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Very cute

Russian/Ossetian:)
No but you're almost there :D

RandoBloom
08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Well, Azeri is somewhat close but still not close enough racially, but they're located in the same area
Christian or muslim country of other ethnicity?

cally
08-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Lebanese?

Insuperable
08-07-2013, 12:30 PM
No but you're almost there :D

Adyghei or Chechen? (I mean one half)

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Christian or muslim country of other ethnicity?

Muslim

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Adyghei or Chechen? (I mean one half)

Yess! Finally, her dad's Russian and her mom is Chechen :)

Sarmatian
08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
You asking for too much. Most people won't be able to tell a pure Ossetian from pure Ingush or Adyghean. Other part is definitely from some Caucasus natives but it's nearly impossible for non-locals to tell exactly.

Illancha
08-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Yess! Finally, her dad's Russian and her mom is Chechen :)
Oh dear God!

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:39 PM
You asking for too much. Most people won't be able to tell a pure Ossetian from pure Ingush or Adyghean. Other part is definitely from some Caucasus natives but it's nearly impossible for non-locals to tell exactly.
I agree, but it was worth the try :D

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Oh dear God!
Lol, apparently it exists :p

Illancha
08-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Lol, apparently it exists :p
Yeah I personally know several Chechen/Russian mixed families.

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah I personally know several Chechen/Russian mixed families.
I've actually seen and met a lot of Russian/Chechen mixes in Moscow, are there many in Chechnya? How do other Chechens view them? Because I heard that if a Chechen, especially a woman marries a non-Chechen, their families won't accept them anymore, is this true?

Illancha
08-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I've actually seen and met a lot of Russian/Chechen mixes in Moscow, are there many in Chechnya?
Virtually non-existent in Chechnya, although I'm sure a few do exist. Almost always the husband is Chechen.

How do other Chechens view them? Because I heard that if a Chechen, especially a woman marries a non-Chechen, their families won't accept them anymore, is this true?
That entirely depends on the person that is judging and the people being judged.

Generally speaking, we disapprove of those who marry outside our ethnicity. To say that they would be disowned is perhaps a bit extreme, except maybe in obvious situations were the spouse is a downright shameless person.

From a historical point of view, some Russo-Chechen marriages were viewed favourably during the Caucasus War as many ethnic Russian deserters from the Imperial army were accepted into our clans as our own and they joined our cause as free men. In modern times, however... well the course of history has made the resentment almost irreconcilable.

Personally I'm not very keen on these marriages, although I am much more accepting if I see that the foreign spouse is a respectful, honourable and dignified human being.

Since you know many such families what were the mixed children like? How did they feel about each side of their roots?

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Virtually non-existent in Chechnya, although I'm sure a few do exist. Almost always the husband is Chechen.

That entirely depends on the person that is judging and the people being judged.

Generally speaking, we disapprove of those who marry outside our ethnicity. To say that they would be disowned is perhaps a bit extreme, except maybe in obvious situations were the spouse is a downright shameless person.

From a historical point of view, some Russo-Chechen marriages were viewed favourably during the Caucasus War as many ethnic Russian deserters from the Imperial army were accepted into our clans as our own and they joined our cause as free men. In modern times, however... well the course of history has made the resentment is almost irreconcilable.

Personally I'm not very keen on these marriages, although I am much more accepting if I see that the foreign spouse is a respectful, honourable and dignified human being.

Since you know many such families what were the
mixed children like? How did they feel about each

side of their roots?

Well, most of the mixed ones I met had Chechen
mothers and Russian fathers, honestly they aren't very Muslim-like, but ofcourse not all of them are like that. They're prety fine with both of their roots, actually they take pride in being mixed.

Illancha
08-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Well, most of the mixed ones I met had Chechen
mothers and Russian fathers, honestly they aren't very Muslim-like, but ofcourse not all of them are like that. They're prety fine with both of their roots, actually they take pride in being mixed.
They take pride in being mixed, but probably barely speak two words of Chechen.

Does that sound about right? Yeah I know those types.

Kiyant
08-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh good more caucasian people :)

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:04 PM

From a historical point of view, some Russo-Chechen marriages were viewed favourably during the Caucasus War as many ethnic Russian deserters from the Imperial army were accepted into our clans as our own and they joined our cause as free men. In modern times, however... well the course of history has made the resentment is almost irreconcilable

Since you know many such families what were the mixed children like? How did they feel about each side of their roots?

Question, was it common for Chechens to mix with
Kazakhs or other Central Asians during the deportation ? Because sometimes I notice that there are Chechens with Mongoloid feautures, like Heda Hamzatova. Do you think she's mixed? I'm asking because although Chechens have like no Turkic or Mongoloid admixture in the Chechen population, few of them have Mongoloid feautures. And since Chechens lived isolated for a very long time, it wasn't really possible for invaders to intermarry, right?

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:06 PM
They take pride in being mixed, but probably barely speak two words of Chechen.

Does that sound about right? Yeah I know those types.
Actually, they can say things in Chechen, but mostly just basic things.

Kiyant
08-07-2013, 02:07 PM
One question Georgian or Russian ossetian?

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Oh good more caucasian people :)

Hi, you're from Georgia?

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
One question Georgian or Russian ossetian?
Russian

Kiyant
08-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi, you're from Georgia?

Well i was from Georgia before my people got deported :(

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Well i was from Georgia before my people got deported :(
So where do you live now?

Kiyant
08-07-2013, 02:14 PM
So where do you live now?
In Germany :)

Illancha
08-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Question, was it common for Chechens to mix with
Kazakhs or other Central Asians during the deportation ? Because sometimes I notice that there are Chechens with Mongoloid feautures, like Heda Hamzatova. Do you think she's mixed? I'm asking because although Chechens have like no Turkic or Mongoloid admixture in the Chechen population, few of them have Mongoloid feautures. And since Chechens lived isolated for a very long time, it wasn't really possible for invaders to intermarry, right?
Heda's mother is Ingush, not that they are any different from us, just pointing it out.

It is very difficult to be entirely certain about this topic. Whenever Chechen land was invaded, we always preferred to retreat back to the mountains and remain isolated from the foreign invaders instead of co-existing with them. The same pattern was followed during both the Mongol and Timurid invasions of Chechnya. I hesitate to say this with any degree of certainty, but it is possible that once we won the wars and retook our lands some remnants of the Turkic/Mongoloid invaders might have remained and lived alongside our people. However, from what I see I would guess that those who stayed behind must have been a very very tiny population.

The other theory of mixing in deportation I find less likely. Chechens during the deportation were extremely self preserving. Although a new clan of ethnic Germans (also deportees) was formed during those years, so who knows. To be on the safe side I would say a few mixed families might have formed, but certainly not enough to have a significant impact on the genetic make-up of the ethnicity.

Finally I think the influence is tiny enough to be attributable to genetic drift.

Illancha
08-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Well even Chechens from Chechnya don't speak Chechen that well anymore. It's just a marginalised ceremonial language. The first language of many children is Russian nowadays.

Russification is hitting us hard.

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Well even Chechens from Chechnya don't speak Chechen that well anymore. It's just a marginalised ceremonial language. The first language of many children is Russian nowadays.

Russification is hitting us hard.
Many Caucasians don't speak their original languages anymore, even I have a hard time speaking Iron. But I always thought Chechens in foreign countries "refuse" to speak Russian, I mean here Chechens can't say a word in Russian except for Da and Njet .. Do you speak Chechen or Russian at home? Or just English?

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Heda's mother is Ingush, not that they are any different from us, just pointing it out.

It is very difficult to be entirely certain about this topic. Whenever Chechen land was invaded, we always preferred to retreat back to the mountains and remain isolated from the foreign invaders instead of co-existing with them. The same pattern was followed during both the Mongol and Timurid invasions of Chechnya. I hesitate to say this with any degree of certainty, but it is possible that once we won the wars and retook our lands some remnants of the Turkic/Mongoloid invaders might have remained and lived alongside our people.

However, from what I see I would guess that those who stayed behind must have been a very very tiny population.

The other theory of mixing in deportation I find less likely. Chechens during the deportation were extremely self preserving. Although a new clan of ethnic Germans (also deportees) was formed during those years, so who knows. To be on the safe side I would say a few mixed families might have formed, but certainly not enough to have a significant impact on the genetic make-up of the ethnicity.

Finally I think the influence is tiny enough to be attributable to genetic drift.

I know Chechens and Ingush are closely related, I just always thought Heda looked somewhat Central Asian, don't you think? Maybe she has a Kazakh grandma or grandpa?

Pontios
08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
https://sphotos-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/20341_229130804110_8129752_n.jpg

Perhaps a bit...

MarinaAlan
08-07-2013, 02:56 PM
https://sphotos-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/20341_229130804110_8129752_n.jpg

Perhaps a bit...
I mean I'm not sure, but I've seen plenty of Chechens and they look nothing like Heda. But I like her, and her music :)

Pontios
08-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I mean I'm not sure, but I've seen plenty of Chechens and they look nothing like Heda. But I like her, and her music :)

Yes she does indeed have an untypical look for a Chechen woman in my opinion too. But she is very beautiful and her music is good too. :)

Illancha
08-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Many Caucasians don't speak their original languages anymore, even I have a hard time speaking Iron. But I always thought Chechens in foreign countries "refuse" to speak Russian, I mean here Chechens can't say a word in Russian except for Da and Njet .. Do you speak Chechen or Russian at home? Or just English?
I refuse to speak anything but Chechen at home and with other Chechens.

I suppose the knowledge of Russian language among diaspora Chechens depends on their age and how long they have been away.

I know Chechens and Ingush are closely related, I just always thought Heda looked somewhat Central Asian, don't you think? Maybe she has a Kazakh grandma or grandpa?
I doubt it, but she certainly looks atypical.

Pontios
08-09-2013, 05:18 AM
I refuse to speak anything but Chechen at home and with other Chechens.

That's very good. Keep your language strong. :D

Visitor_22
09-21-2013, 09:13 PM

Kazakh? really? Are you smoke? We have nothing to do with azeris, caucasians, tajiks... Woman is clearly from Caucasus mountains

Amun
09-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Russian Slav + Tatar mix