PDA

View Full Version : Vacation in Albania

Vogon Poet
08-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi there,

I'm considering a 5 days vacation in either Shengjin or Velipoje, which alternative would be the best place for a short vacation? Does anyone here have any personal experience, or have you heard anything about the two places? The more pleasing to the eye, the younger the inhabitants/tourists, and the more accessible, the better.

Best regards,

Anarchist

Cleitus
08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Ne Velipoje jum Kane vjet shume mire ish, ne shengjin ish uji I fliqt.

Vogon Poet
08-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Ne Velipoje jum Kane vjet shume mire ish, ne shengjin ish uji I fliqt.

Ani, falimenderit.

A ka dikush tjeter qe ka nej fare eksperience me kta dy vendat?

turish
08-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Ne Velipoje asht shume ma mire e ma paster se ne shengjin, I kam provu te dyja , Veliopoja asht nder plazhet me te mira ne Shqipri, shpesh here shkoj ne derdhje te Bunes (velipoje) ku bashkohet buna me detin aty asht edhe kufini me malin e zi :)
Plus qe shetitorja ne darke bahet shume mire gjithashtu

EDMONDI
08-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Those destinations have become quite run down as of late and the water is the same in both (they're not far apart), however Velipoje is a messy village-strip while Shengjin is an actual town offering better customer service. The main street is right next to the beach and has supermarkets, restaurants and internet cafes.

ALSh
08-20-2013, 12:34 PM
What do u like the most, a very populated beatch or a small crawded beatch?
If u like the second one I suggest u to go to Rrjoll which is near velipoje and the water is very clean.

Arbėrori
08-20-2013, 12:43 PM
I prefer Shengjin over Velipoje... I'd also recommend Ulqin, it's my favourite.

The Illyrian Warrior
08-20-2013, 07:34 PM

You surprised me for good at last, this is first time we share same opinion. :)

Skerdilaid
08-21-2013, 03:19 AM

Ulqin is awesome but the donkey language annoys me a bit:cool:

alb0zfinest
08-21-2013, 03:51 AM

Most of the people in Ulqin are Albanians. Besides even those so called Montenegrins are assimilated Albos too so don't hate on them :P

Skerdilaid
08-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Most of the people in Ulqin are Albanians. Besides even those so called Montenegrins are assimilated Albos too so don't hate on them :P

I know brother, that's were I used to spent my summer days. The funniest part is now days even in the Chinese shops in Ulqin once you walk in the Chinese greet you with "Kazhie":D

Pjeter Pan
08-21-2013, 04:50 AM
I know brother, that's were I used to spent my summer days. The funniest part is now days even in the Chinese shops in Ulqin once you walk in the Chinese greet you with "Kazhie":D

There's chinese in the Balkans, theres Chinese in ulqin what the fuck. Why would they move to the Balkans in the first place are they on drugs??

Skerdilaid
08-21-2013, 04:55 AM
There's chinese in the Balkans, theres Chinese in ulqin what the fuck. Why would they move to the Balkans in the first place are they on drugs??

Heheh, Chinese are good business people and they will venture and make it anywhere. Prishtina now days has the China Town also:)

Pjeter Pan
08-21-2013, 04:57 AM
Heheh, Chinese are good business people and they will venture and make it anywhere. Prishtina now days has the China Town also:) wow thats pretty cool. How Do the albanians treat them i hope their nice too them, the Chinese people are too fragile

Skerdilaid
08-21-2013, 05:00 AM
wow thats pretty cool. How Do the albanians treat them i hope their nice too them, the Chinese people are too fragile

Hahah your are funny. Albanians are not racist, so Chinese are treated just like anyone else. I don't think they are fragile as you describe them.:)

Pjeter Pan
08-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Hahah your are funny. Albanians are not racist, so Chinese are treated just like anyone else. I don't think they are fragile as you describe them.:) thats good, i love those little chinks 😄albanians not racist come on man you know thats a lie lol they just hide well

The Illyrian Warrior
08-21-2013, 08:29 AM

Donkey noise doesn't bothers me a bit, i like the way it is....Its russian language who annoys my ears.

Vogon Poet
08-22-2013, 11:57 AM
I've met some Chinese in my home town - they spoke Albanian rather well. Kosova is probably just a springboard for them to the rest of Europe, but I hope they stay. I like their intelligent, stable and calm manner, their entrepreneurial spirits and their hard-working and future oriented mentality. Weirdly enough, the group of non-Albanians here who are the most similar to us in mentality, or maybe just the one I prefer the most. They'd deserve a star on the flag much more than any of the other groups.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice!

The Illyrian Warrior
08-22-2013, 06:11 PM
I've met some Chinese in my home town - they spoke Albanian rather well. Kosova is probably just a springboard for them to the rest of Europe, but I hope they stay. I like their intelligent, stable and calm manner, their entrepreneurial spirits and their hard-working and future oriented mentality. Weirdly enough, the group of non-Albanians here who are the most similar to us in mentality, or maybe just the one I prefer the most. They'd deserve a star on the flag much more than any of the other groups.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice!

I would allow only chinese women to stay, chinese males should be deported and leave their women enjoy the pleasure they've been missing since they were born. :cool:
http://www.chnlovereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/beautiful-chinese-woman.jpg

KrashNick
08-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Ulcin is my favorite Albanian beach .;)

Arianiti
08-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi there,

I'm considering a 5 days vacation in either Shengjin or Velipoje, which alternative would be the best place for a short vacation? Does anyone here have any personal experience, or have you heard anything about the two places? The more pleasing to the eye, the younger the inhabitants/tourists, and the more accessible, the better.

Best regards,

Anarchist

Velipoja is beautiful, especially the beach edhe uji wonderful :)

iNird
08-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Ulcin is my favorite Albanian beach .;)

typical kosovar.

you should go down south for nice beaches.

:)

KrashNick
08-22-2013, 10:41 PM
typical kosovar.

you should go down south for nice beaches.

Well most of Kosovars go in Durres not in Ulcin .

I was in Durres , Vlore , Sarande and Dhermi

iNird
08-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Well most of Kosovars go in Durres not in Ulcin .

I was in Durres , Vlore , Sarande and Dhermi

I never been to Ulqin but i thought most kosovars go there. Durres isn't so nice anymore (hint lots of kosovars and tetovars go there :p.)

Vlora and Dhermi are nice, I've been to both. Vlora is better because of a city life. Saranda is next on my list.

Skerdilaid
08-27-2013, 06:28 AM
I found this video of Ulqin quite interesting:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZ16VF9Qdw

Here is Albania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5tbVYvVG6U

The Illyrian Warrior
08-27-2013, 09:05 PM
I never been to Ulqin but i thought most kosovars go there. Durres isn't so nice anymore (hint lots of kosovars and tetovars go there :p.)

Vlora and Dhermi are nice, I've been to both. Vlora is better because of a city life. Saranda is next on my list.

You think with these taste you can join to aristocracy?!!....dream on katunar i maqedonise, even don arab has potential to surpass you. :P :D

Don Arb
08-27-2013, 09:08 PM
You think with these taste you can join to aristochracy?!!....dream on katunar i maqedonise, even don arab has potential to surpass you. :P :D

Well he is right and yes I have that potential :P

The Illyrian Warrior
08-27-2013, 09:13 PM

The Illyrian Warrior
08-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Well he is right and yes I have that potential :P

Mullah like you don't have any potential at all :bored:, but I just wanna know that "americanized katunar" if he wants to join club of aristocrats, he would FAIL as they hate people with smell of bagėl. :cool:

Don Arb
08-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Mullah like you don't have any potential at all :bored:, but I just wanna know that "americanized katunar" if he wants to join club of aristocrats, he would FAIL as they hate people with smell of bagėl. :cool:

Ou malok Kosove :P I've met iNird and trust me he is a real boss, very rich.

The Illyrian Warrior
08-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Ou malok Kosove :P I've met iNird and trust me he is a real boss, very rich.

Like a stinky one :rolleyes2:

Don Arb
08-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Like a stinky one :rolleyes2:
You are jelly I know and be happy to go only in Durres in vacation soon they will put you visas also :D el22 is in power now hehe

The Illyrian Warrior
08-27-2013, 09:34 PM
You are jelly I know and be happy to go only in Durres in vacation soon they will put you visas also :D el22 is in power now hehe

No, but thanks for info bro, i'm going to vacation to steal that stinky rich katunar. :P :D

Adrian
08-27-2013, 10:27 PM

IAgree :thumbs up

iNird
08-27-2013, 10:43 PM
You think with these taste you can join to aristocracy?!!....dream on katunar i maqedonise, even don arab has potential to surpass you. :P :D

Well this katunar has traveled more in a year than you have in a lifetime. You think high class is renting some apartment for 20 euros in ulqin and eating bread with tomatoes is acting like a "boss":p

Durres beaches are polluted and it has become a hub for all kosovara and albos from Macedonia. Personally I would spend a few more hours and drive south to places like dhermi.

Also don Arb is cool guy and I wish more of you kosovars had his mentality.

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 10:47 PM
You think high class is renting some apartment for 20 euros in ulqin and eating bread with tomatoes is acting like a "boss":p

Who the hell eats bread with tomatoes?

iNird
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Who the hell eats bread with tomatoes?

We Americans are used to eating meat in all of our meals so it is a hard concept for us to understand. :p

cally
08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
I was thinking of going to Ulqin in the next few days but the weather's fucking up:(

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 10:53 PM
We Americans are used to eating meat in all of our meals so it is a hard concept for us to understand. :p
Lol i dont understand why he's calling you a villager. what did you say to piss him off :laugh:

arcticwolf
08-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Not going! You guys would probably torture this uber Slav! You all hate me, admit it!!! :laugh:

Pleurat
08-27-2013, 10:55 PM
I was thinking of going to Ulqin in the next few days but the weather's fucking up:(

We can go together my dear after we serbs will conquer our brothers in northern Albania.

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Go to lezhe and vist skanderbeg mausoleum

iNird
08-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Not going! You guys would probably torture this uber Slav! You all hate me, admit it!!! :laugh:

Nah you would probably be treated better than other Albanian tourists.

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 11:00 PM
We can go together my dear after we serbs will conquer our brothers in northern Albania.

Again lol

iNird
08-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Lol i dont understand why he's calling you a villager. what did you say to piss him off :laugh:

Well idk for many kosovars durres and ulqin are considered to be a paradise. 10 kosovars fit in a small Peugeot and travel to these places and rent a small apartment and they probably bring food with them :p

Pleurat
Again lol

Who the fuck are you???

cally

Sure why not ;)

Pleurat
08-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Sure why not ;)

We will have a lot of fun!!! :cool:

Don Arb
08-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Well idk for many kosovars durres and ulqin are considered to be a paradise. 10 kosovars fit in a small Peugeot and travel to these places and rent a small apartment and they probably bring food with them :p

lol leave kosovars alone bro they are not all villager like Illyrian worrier :P anyway its interesting that they like to go on holidays that much even those who are poor.

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Who the fuck are you???
Dont worry wog :laugh:

Pleurat
08-27-2013, 11:09 PM
Dont worry wog :laugh:

Who the fuck are you arabic shaqtar??? don't mess with serbs you turk!!!

Pleurat
08-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Gaupo remove that pussy sociopath from you signature.

He is the hero of serbs and the cleaner of bosniako-turks!!!

cally
08-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Ja nisi lufta :rofl:

Skerdilaid
08-27-2013, 11:12 PM
He is the hero of serbs and the cleaner of bosniako-turks!!!

Good!

Still doesn't change the fact that he is a pussy that hid under the skirts of nuns.......

Pleurat
08-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Ja nisi lufta :rofl:

I love you!

Pleurat
08-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Good!

Still doesn't change the fact that he is a pussy that hid under the skirts of nuns.......

Serbia is strong you shaqatar from anadolia!

Skerdilaid
08-27-2013, 11:16 PM

Ok now I will tell you what your name means in our Shaqatar language.

KuracGorge or Gorge the Kurac:laugh:

Don Arb
08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I love you!

Leave her alone!

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
How do you expect to take over albania when we have descends of prek cali and all the other super saiyan gheg highlanders who can protect us from nukes using their backs

iNird
08-27-2013, 11:27 PM
How do you expect to take over albania when we have descends of prek cali and all the other super saiyan gheg highlanders who can protect us from nukes using their backs

This is just malok nonsense. The malok mic sokoli thought he could stop a cannon ball with his chest lulz.

iNird
08-27-2013, 11:36 PM
lol leave kosovars alone bro they are not all villager like Illyrian worrier :P anyway its interesting that they like to go on holidays that much even those who are poor.

You are right. I'm in a trolling mood. :p

Pjeter Pan
08-27-2013, 11:37 PM
This is just malok nonsense. The malok mic sokoli thought he could stop a cannon ball with his chest lulz.
Lmao i wonder what happened to him :laugh:

Don Arb
08-27-2013, 11:37 PM

Ali Ahmetoski told you that story? he didnt stopped it he made suicide to protect his friends, better one than 5, there were brave heros with balls before not like you meterosexual emigrants :P

iNird
08-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Ali Ahmetoski told you that story? he didnt stopped it he made suicide to protect his friends, better one than 5, there were brave heros with balls before not like you meterosexual emigrants :P

When Aliu was in the mountain acting like skenderbeu you were in some cafe drinking a machiatto, playing counterstrike and listening to gay techno. :p

Drawing-slim
08-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Here is Albania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5tbVYvVG6Uso many hot bitchies it made me depressed! I wonder who is fucking them all!?
God fucking lord my life sucks big time!!:D

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 12:38 AM

I hadn't realized we had Serbian blood?

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 12:45 AM

Actually there are many Polish and Czech tourists that visit the Albo mountains. We don't generalize Slavs. For instance we have respect for Slovenes and Poles. Serbs are not like obviously but even they are welcome.

Stefan_Dusan
08-28-2013, 12:46 AM
so many hot bitchies it made me depressed! I wonder who is fucking them all!?

So many hot girls in Balkans, I always know there will be when I return. But it always still takes me by surprise.

Stefan_Dusan
08-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Actually there are many Polish and Czech tourists that visit the Albo mountains. We don't generalize Slavs. For instance we have respect for Slovenes and Poles. Serbs are not like obviously but even they are welcome.

I do not understand what you mean when you say "not liked but welcome". Welcome to our money perhaps....

Anyways, my finding in Kosovo at least is that beginning becomes awkward but then people warm to me. People who don't warm up, obviously we end up in different directions. In cafe I even split home made brandy from dunja (don't know english word) with couple Albanians I just met after awkward introduction from my shirt.

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 12:54 AM
I do not understand what you mean when you say "not liked but welcome". Welcome to our money perhaps....

Anyways, my finding in Kosovo at least is that beginning becomes awkward but then people warm to me. People who don't warm up, obviously we end up in different directions. In cafe I even split home made brandy from dunja (don't know english word) with couple Albanians I just met after awkward introduction from my shirt.

It just means they most likely won't be as nice to Serb tourists as they are to other tourists.

I'm not surprised. I already mentioned in the other thread that most Serbs of Kosova are already well integrated. It's just the ones in the north causing alot of problems.

Pjeter Pan
08-28-2013, 12:55 AM
I hadn't realized we had Serbian blood?

Pleurat has identity crisis :laugh:

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 12:57 AM

:D clearly.

Stefan_Dusan
08-28-2013, 12:58 AM
It just means they most likely won't be as nice to Serb tourists as they are to other tourists.

I'm not surprised. I already mentioned in the other thread that most Serbs of Kosova are already well integrated. It's just the ones in the north causing alot of problems.

Without politics I think most of it (for average person) is they expect me to have some grudge/stereotype/bad feeling but in truth I love as many people as I can and life is too short to pass up not laughing with someone. It might not come across on internet, but in real life I'm warm and open guy.

iNird
08-28-2013, 01:00 AM

I was in a restaurant with 4 other serbs and they were treated like everyone else. Money talks in tourist areas.

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 01:01 AM
Without politics I think most of it (for average person) is they expect me to have some grudge/stereotype/bad feeling but in truth I love as many people as I can and life is too short to pass up not laughing with someone. It might not come across on internet, but in real life I'm warm and open guy.

Nah you're a cool guy man. The relations between Albos and Serbs would probably be better if more Serbians had your mindset.

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 01:01 AM
I was in a restaurant with 4 other serbs and they were treated like everyone else. Money talks in tourist areas.

"most likely". Plus that's only one experience.

Pjeter Pan
08-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Nah you're a cool guy man. The relations between Albos and Serbs would probably be better if more Serbians had your mindset.
And albanians

Pjeter Pan
08-28-2013, 01:05 AM
There's no problem in America with Balkan people we all get along. Here we don't give a fuck.

iNird
08-28-2013, 01:13 AM
"most likely". Plus that's only one experience.

I can guarantee you will get better service speaking Serbian, English or any language than Albanian.

:thumbs:

alb0zfinest
08-28-2013, 01:26 AM
I can guarantee you will get better service speaking Serbian, English or any language than Albanian.

:thumbs:

No yes

Skerdilaid
08-28-2013, 06:35 AM

This is true for most tourist places in Balkan. I was in Budva few years back. We went to eat at a restaurant and I was fucking around when the waiter came, so I ordered everything in Albanian. The waiter wrote everything down took the order and just smiled at me:D

Skerdilaid
08-28-2013, 06:44 AM

Heheeh I know brother I was watching this last night and drank myself to sleep:D

To answer you who is fucking them: I can assure you that they all are getting it:D I have buddies that have 4 to 5 girlfriend at a time, I usually say the water they are drinking has to be something else;)

Drawing-slim
08-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Heheeh I know brother I was watching this last night and drank myself to sleep:D

To answer you who is fucking them: I can assure you that they all are getting it:D I have buddies that have 4 to 5 girlfriend at a time, I usually say the water they are drinking has to be something else;)
And how is this suppose to make me feel any better? I wanna hear they're not fucking anyone! Now I'm just gone go kill myself!,lol

Skerdilaid
08-28-2013, 06:50 AM
And how is this suppose to make me feel any better? I wanna hear they're not fucking anyone! Now I'm just gone go kill myself!,lol

Silly me I thought you were worrying ;)

Skerdilaid
08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Well this katunar has traveled more in a year than you have in a lifetime. You think high class is renting some apartment for 20 euros in ulqin and eating bread with tomatoes is acting like a "boss":p

Durres beaches are polluted and it has become a hub for all kosovara and albos from Macedonia. Personally I would spend a few more hours and drive south to places like dhermi.

Qka merrni vesh more ju katnart e Maqedonise? Kosovart kur te shkojn ne deti bajn diet klens, dhe per ata marrin veq patlixhana;)

The Illyrian Warrior
08-28-2013, 12:59 PM

You may have money but you will stay katunar without taste. :P

Yeah right, as if don arab is more open-minded than his brothers in afghanistan. :rolleyes2:

The Illyrian Warrior
08-28-2013, 01:04 PM

Even skerdi doesn't agree with you mullah, he said i look very urban type something you would die for it. :bored:

The Illyrian Warrior
08-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Clearly, guapo hypnotized him.:rolleyes2:

Stefan_Dusan
08-28-2013, 10:40 PM

To me this is the sad part. I expect Balkans to be conservative but the cities are really no longer. The woman dress much more naked then they do in America. When I went up to Beer fest in Beograd I was with 3 girls in 2 days. On the 2nd day I was chatting with a girl in cafe I met before, I complained of stomach ache (so I can meet second girl) she then writes for me the splav she will be on. I go meet second girl. At 3am I leave her apartment and go to that splav, then I remain with second girl for rest of night. It shouldn't be that easy, it isn't in America but it is. Of course maybe the girls like me more because I'm "foreign" but then I have to wonder just how crazy they go for true foreigners.

I also notice that I get better response by opening (to Serbian girls) in English then surprising them by speaking Serbian and telling I'm originally from Kosovo. If I begin in Serbian, they do not be as receptive even though I'm sure I have accent.

Back to beer fest, I'm walking through crowd and some girl on raised podium with friends takes off my hat. I pretend to be American and only speak English, so we talk a bit and I notice some guy has hands around her waist, I may have commented that she should not be flirting with her boyfriend around (don't exactly remember) she goes:

He's just friend, not boyfriend.

I shrug it off.

She gets angry and grabs me: Do you understand, he's not my boyfriend, just friend.

Then she says, people say I have snake eyes, what do you think.

So lesson is for DrawingLive to go back to Albania, pretend to be unconnected tourist then reveal truth by speaking Albanian.

Anyways I have funny video of girl I met there, it's large video (60mb) but I may post here to show how unconservative the women are. Villages are better for finding a relationship, cities for fun but that leaves me somewhat sad. The whole world begins to resemble America.

Pleurat
08-28-2013, 10:44 PM

This is not a right behavior for an albanian, i am being really serious. Dancing doesn't make you a whore.

Pjeter Pan
08-28-2013, 10:44 PM
To me this is the sad part. I expect Balkans to be conservative but the cities are really no longer. The woman dress much more naked then they do in America. When I went up to Beer fest in Beograd I was with 3 girls in 2 days. On the 2nd day I was chatting with a girl in cafe I met before, I complained of stomach ache (so I can meet second girl) she then writes for me the splav she will be on. I go meet second girl. At 3am I leave her apartment and go to that splav, then I remain with second girl for rest of night. It shouldn't be that easy, it isn't in America but it is. Of course maybe the girls like me more because I'm "foreign" but then I have to wonder just how crazy they go for true foreigners.

I also notice that I get better response by opening (to Serbian girls) in English then surprising them by speaking Serbian and telling I'm originally from Kosovo. If I begin in Serbian, they do not be as receptive even though I'm sure I have accent.

Back to beer fest, I'm walking through crowd and some girl on raised podium with friends takes off my hat. I pretend to be American and only speak English, so we talk a bit and I notice some guy has hands around her waist, I may have commented that she should not be flirting with her boyfriend around (don't exactly remember) she goes:

I shrug it off.

She gets angry and grabs me: Do you understand, he's not my boyfriend, just friend.

So lesson is for DrawingLive to go back to Albania, pretend to be unconnected tourist then reveal truth by speaking Albanian.

Anyways I have funny video of girl I met there, it's large video (60mb) but I may post here to show how unconservative the women are. Villages are better for finding a relationship, cities for fun but that leaves me somewhat sad. The whole world begins to resemble America.
This made me sad.
I fear that the Balkans are starting to resemble and act like America and Western Europe. I hope that day never comes and i hope we stay backwards forever but thats wishful thinking.

Pleurat
08-28-2013, 10:45 PM

When did you come in Albania?

Pleurat
08-28-2013, 10:47 PM

That is really ungrateful from you.....

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 03:12 AM

I shrug it off.

In Albania and Kosova most girls would not talk to you if they don't know you somehow. I know Serbs in general are more westernized in that aspect. In other hand if they know you or have seen you before and sort of have an idea who you are then it's a different story.

Girls in general are nice and most are quite faithful to their boyfriend, but dudes in other hand are scam artists;)

alb0zfinest
08-29-2013, 03:15 AM
In Albania and Kosova most girls would not talk to you if they don't know you somehow. I know Serbs in general are more westernized in that aspect. In other hand if they know you or have seen you before and sort of have an idea who you are then it's a different story.

Girls in general are nice and most are quite faithful to their boyfriend, but dudes in other hand are scam artists;)

:D :D

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 03:16 AM
This made me sad.
I fear that the Balkans are starting to resemble and act like America and Western Europe. I hope that day never comes and i hope we stay backwards forever but thats wishful thinking.

How about you stay backward in Canada, and let Albanians live as they wish.

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 03:18 AM
:D :D

That's true brother! I have tried so many times to start a conversation like in the west, and immediately I got the looks like get fuck out of here:D

Stefan_Dusan
08-29-2013, 03:21 AM

I never been to Albania. In Kosovo I spent most of my time in villages where people are naturally conservative. It was very easy to strike up conversation with Albanian girl in Kosovo by asking, example, directions in English. But when I revealed I was Serbian it usually strained any flirting that was going and would make things awkward. I did go to one night club in Pristina and there I mildly danced etc but again things become strained when my ethnic background is revealed. I of course could have hidden it, but for some reason I did not want to in Kosovo. I felt bad. In Serbia it was more easy to pretend to be American, I even egged on some Serbians to tell me how Serbia is not terrorist state.

Stefan_Dusan
08-29-2013, 03:22 AM
That's true brother! I have tried so many times to start a conversation like in the west, and immediately I got the looks like get fuck out of here:D

I get similar in Serbia if I open with Serbian. Sometimes pretending to be lost tourist helps very well. Sit down at bus stop next to pretty girl and begin with what is bus number to so and so... etc Of course do so in English.

alb0zfinest
08-29-2013, 03:24 AM

Well it depends on who the guy that is starting the conversation is, and it depends on the girls you try talking to (which is true for many western countries too).

For instance if they see alb0zfinest a real gheg highlander they would have no problem talking to me, you on the other hand they just run :D

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 03:26 AM
I never been to Albania. In Kosovo I spent most of my time in villages where people are naturally conservative. It was very easy to strike up conversation with Albanian girl in Kosovo by asking, example, directions in English. But when I revealed I was Serbian it usually strained any flirting that was going and would make things awkward. I did go to one night club in Pristina and there I mildly danced etc but again things become strained when my ethnic background is revealed.

I guess depends, if you are asking for directions then maybe they will talk but in general they are stuck up. In bars it's a different story as drinking is involved and everybody is fishing.:)

For example one night stands are still a taboo in most Balkans, I could be wrong for Beograd as it's more westernized.

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 03:27 AM
Well it depends on who the guy that is starting the conversation is, and it depends on the girls you try talking to (which is true for many western countries too).

For instance if they see alb0zfinest a real gheg highlander they would have no problem talking to me, you on the other hand they just run :D

Well then it could be just my unpleasant appearance:rolleyes:

alb0zfinest
08-29-2013, 03:29 AM
Well then it could be just my unpleasant appearance:rolleyes:

lol I was jk. And don't worry you aren't ugly. But like I said it depends what girl you approach and also the manner you approach them in.

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 03:31 AM
lol I was jk. And don't worry you aren't ugly. But like I said it depends what girl you approach and also the manner you approach them in.

Hahah I am joking too, but in reality what I said stands. And Stefan has a point because if you talk in English you get a different response.

Pjeter Pan
08-29-2013, 03:35 AM
How about you stay backward in Canada, and let Albanians live as they wish.
Like westerns no thanks

alb0zfinest
08-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Like westerns no thanks

Nothing wrong with western style. Soner than later it's going to be the dominant type of culture anyways.

Stefan_Dusan
08-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Nothing wrong with western style. Soner than later it's going to be the dominant type of culture anyways.

It already is. I guess living in America I expect something else, but everything is changing so fast. In 100 years I bet this lifestyle will be fully ingrained in Afghanistan.

alb0zfinest
08-29-2013, 03:54 AM
It already is. I guess living in America I expect something else, but everything is changing so fast. In 100 years I bet this lifestyle will be fully ingrained in Afghanistan.

Well kind of. But there are still alot of countries in the world that aren't western oriented, mostly in Asia.

Krampus
08-29-2013, 03:57 AM
Fuck the west :mad:

iNird
08-29-2013, 04:28 AM

Ahahaha yes they all have 4 to 5 girlfriends. You are naive to believe everything people tell you? Or does he believe your story when you tell him how much money you make as well?

:D

Skerdilaid
08-29-2013, 04:33 AM
Ahahaha yes they all have 4 to 5 girlfriends. You are naive to believe everything people tell you? Or does he believe your story when you tell him how much money you make as well?

:D

For the money I sugar coat it quite well, so hard to catch me on that one:D

I did not think Albanians lied, silly me:picard1::p

Drawing-slim
08-29-2013, 05:55 AM

We don't know for sure who is right or on the wrong track here.
And this includes all us Balkanites who live overseas.

If we only look at what happened to Italians who immigrated in masses to USA then we can learn and compare.
Italian/Americans are more traditional old school while italians in Italy have moved on or have become more modernized you can argue.

Same thing with us Balkanites, we live with that nostalgia of an old culture but is only in our memory I'm afraid, life for sure goes on.
In a way we're the unlucky ones, we're the ones living between two worlds and frozen in time sort of.

The advantage for us unlike Italians back then, we can observe in real time both worlds in motion due to Internet age etc.. Again, I don't know if that's better or worse for ones state of being.

I'm damn sincere when I say it hurts to know how much these hot girls in Albania are fucking in daily bases and having fun, via Facebook hookups and backseat of cars having sex, while it took me 3 months to kiss my first girlfriend growing up there. Jealousy on my part maybe? you bet!:D