PDA

View Full Version : Classify youngest Ottoman descendants

Shah-Jehan
08-18-2013, 02:00 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8c/Ay%C5%9Fe-G%C3%BClnev-Osmano%C4%9Flu-Issue.jpg/800px-Ay%C5%9Fe-G%C3%BClnev-Osmano%C4%9Flu-Issue.jpg

Tropico
08-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Wow when I envisioned the Ottomans thats NOT what I had in mind.

Shah-Jehan
08-18-2013, 02:06 AM

The founder of the Ottomans was this guy
http://www.enfal.de/osmgazi.jpg

Tropico
08-18-2013, 02:08 AM
The founder of the Ottomans was this guy
http://www.enfal.de/osmgazi.jpg

For some reason I envisioned a darker people.

Tropico
08-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Aren't they supposed to be a darker peoples?

Shah-Jehan
08-18-2013, 02:09 AM
For some reason I envisioned a darker people.

That's a stereotype, probably 1/3 of the Ottoman sultans were either light haired or had light eyes although, these people are Half British:P

Tropico
08-18-2013, 02:17 AM
That's a stereotype, probably 1/3 of the Ottoman sultans were either light haired or had light eyes although, these people are Half British:P

Oh thats why. But from pictures the Ottomans looks very dark and many non European. Sorry I just dont know the history or origins of the Ottoman Empire. The only European history I studied in school was anything related to the World Wars and by myself the history of Spain and its relation to Latin America, specifically Puerto Rico.

Shah-Jehan
08-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Oh thats why. But from pictures the Ottomans looks very dark and many non European. Sorry I just dont know the history or origins of the Ottoman Empire. The only European history I studied in school was anything related to the World Wars and by myself the history of Spain and its relation to Latin America, specifically Puerto Rico.

These are the Ottomans, I won't consider the majority dark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_family_tree

justme
08-21-2013, 12:46 AM
They all look lithuanian/english... Except the little girl can fit in kosovo or England

Arbėrori
08-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Do not be fooled by thy Mongrel blood... :P

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Do not be fooled by thy Mongrel blood... :P

:lol:

Sky earth
08-21-2013, 01:02 AM
It's strange but I think that Ottomans looked somehow like Semites and Iranians. Those noses are definitely not Turkic because Turkic people were known for their straight small noses. The whole facial features of Ottoman sultans reminds of camel faced wogs. After they mixed with European women they got obviously more European looking

iNird
08-21-2013, 01:06 AM
they would stick out like sore thumbs in turkey and the balkans. so it appears they are mostly of british origin?

Here's a family pic:

http://img.haberler.com/galeri/69/osmanli-hanedani-dogum-gununde-bulustu_30436_b.jpg

The old man can fit in the balkans.

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 01:06 AM
It's strange but I think that Ottomans looked somehow like Semites and Iranians. Those noses are definitely not Turkic because Turkic people were known for their straight small noses. The whole facial features of Ottoman sultans reminds of camel faced wogs. After they mixed with European women they got obviously more European looking

They were brought there by the Seljuks...They obviously have absorbed a lot of Balkan blood after the rise of the nation but, most of their nasal structures weren't Iranid or Arabid except select people like Mehmed II for instance whose portraits show a curved nose...

The hooked nose thing is also a sterotype with Turks and also Greeks to some instance, do you know how this got into common usage?

YeshAtid
08-21-2013, 01:07 AM
They were brought there by the Seljuks...They obviously have absorbed a lot of Balkan blood after the rise of the nation but, most of their nasal structures weren't Iranid or Arabid except select people like Mehmed II for instance whose portraits show a curved nose...

The hooked nose thing is also a sterotype with Turks and also Greeks to some instance, do you know how this got into common usage?
It's a common med feature

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 01:08 AM
It's a common med feature

East med feature then...

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 01:12 AM
they would stick out like sore thumbs in turkey and the balkans. so it appears they are mostly of british origin?

Here's a family pic:

http://img.haberler.com/galeri/69/osmanli-hanedani-dogum-gununde-bulustu_30436_b.jpg

The old man can fit in the balkans.

The old man and her daughter isn't but, the man is fully British and the kids are half...

Arbėrori
08-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Well, the Ottoman royal house was clearly mixed (mostly of diluted Turkic blood, then Greek & Serbian for the most part).

Hopefully they'll be shipped back to Turkistan.

Sky earth
08-21-2013, 01:16 AM

The first Turks had definitely a small straight nose but after mixing with Armenians, Greeks and Iranians we also got their hooked noses.

iNird
08-21-2013, 01:16 AM
The old man and her daughter isn't but, the man is fully British and the kids are half...

Aha the old man looks like a typical greek.

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Aha the old man looks like a typical greek.

I second that

On a less serious note, you mean an Orthodox Turk?:laugh:

iNird
08-21-2013, 01:23 AM
I second that

On a less serious note, you mean an Orthodox Turk?:laugh:

well in his case it would be a greek muslim.

:p

Incal
08-21-2013, 01:35 AM

Don't forget Turks most appreciated delicacy have always been european women (to this very day). The Sultans compulsively interbred with european women so these kids are overwhelmingly European.

arcticwolf
08-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Isn't it funny how everybody that goes to the top will selectively breed themselves to look "Aryan"? Don't tell me that's what Turks look like, not buying that BS. :laugh:

armenianbodyhair
08-21-2013, 02:36 AM
The back three look very British.

Anglojew
08-21-2013, 03:28 AM
The ruling classes always tend towards whiteness.

ButlerKing
08-21-2013, 03:36 AM
The highest class of Ottoman empire may have had higher mongoloid blood since Osman I have a Turkmen connection.

Osman I revolted against their masters seljuk turks and created the Ottoman empire. Later Ottoman emperors had greek and balkan wifes, and so their son were half greek or half balkan.

By the way there is no real painting of Osman I when he was alive.

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 03:40 AM
The highest class of Ottoman empire may have had higher mongoloid blood since Osman I have a Turkmen connection.

Osman I revolted against their masters seljuk turks and created the Ottoman empire. Later Ottoman emperors had greek and balkan wifes, and so their son were half greek or half balkan.

By the way there is no real painting of Osman I when he was alive.
That post contains a lot of historical inaccuracies, Osman I did not revolt against the Seljuks but, founded a principality after the Mongols overthrew the Seluks...Turkic noble wives or Balkan noble wives were very much preferred but, this tradition changed after Suleiman I married Hurrem Sultana and gave her prime spouse status...

ButlerKing
08-21-2013, 03:42 AM
That post contains a lot of historical inaccuracies, Osman I did not revolt against the Seljuks but, founded a principality after the Mongols overthrew the Seluks...Turkic noble wives or Balkan noble wives were very much preferred but, this tradition changed after Suleiman I married Hurrem Sultana and gave her prime spouse status...

Osman announced the independence of his own small kingdom from the Seljuk Turks in 1299, this is still kind of revolt against the Seljuks rule and control of Anatolia.

Didn't you know later on the Seljuks turks were discriminated?

Shah-Jehan
08-21-2013, 03:43 AM
Osman announced the independence of his own small kingdom from the Seljuk Turks in 1299, this is still kind of revolt against the Seljuks rule and control of Anatolia.

Didn't you know later on the Seljuks turks were discriminated?

BS, Seljuk nobility died or fled elsewhere...

ButlerKing
08-21-2013, 03:48 AM
BS, Seljuk nobility died or fled elsewhere...

I'm talking about the descendants remnants of Seljuk/ Turkmen, they were forced to be under Ottoman rule