PDA

View Full Version : Is this a decent computer for 'light' gaming

jerney
08-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Basically I just want to play the Sims (and some other games with similar requirements) on my desktop. My laptop works fine, but the current desktop is really useless at doing anything other than using the internet. Anyway, I don't want to spend that much money and the one I'm looking at is refurbished (it's HP XW6200). For anyone who knows a bit more than me about computers, would these specs suffice or are they too outdated

Twin (2x) Intel Xeon 3.6hz - 64-Bit - Hyper-Threaded
8 GB RAM - DDR ECC RAM
1TB SATA2 (SATA300)
On-Board SATA RAID Controller - Raid 0 & 1 - Detail
Brand New XFX ATI HD5450 1GB GDDR3 Gaming Graphics Card - 2GB with Hyper-Memory

So, are they preying on my naivety or is this actually something decent enough to run some games smoothly? Oh and it costs about 275 pounds. Is it worth the money?

CrystalMaiden
08-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Basically I just want to play the Sims (and some other games with similar requirements) on my desktop. My laptop works fine, but the current desktop is really useless at doing anything other than using the internet. Anyway, I don't want to spend that much money and the one I'm looking at is refurbished (it's HP XW6200). For anyone who knows a bit more than me about computers, would these specs suffice or are they too outdated

Twin (2x) Intel Xeon 3.6hz - 64-Bit - Hyper-Threaded
8 GB RAM - DDR ECC RAM
1TB SATA2 (SATA300)
On-Board SATA RAID Controller - Raid 0 & 1 - Detail
Brand New XFX ATI HD5450 1GB GDDR3 Gaming Graphics Card - 2GB with Hyper-Memory

So, are they preying on my naivety or is this actually something decent enough to run some games smoothly? Oh and it costs about 275 pounds. Is it worth the money?

Go for it.

jerney
08-20-2013, 09:54 AM
anyone else?