PDA

View Full Version : Whats more important Strenght or Cardio training

Corvus
08-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Poll is coming

Ultra
08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
For health cardio of course, in my opinion. To get women and stay safe from blattar strength(well you may be able to run away from them arabs if you are a fit runner). :D

Neanderthal
08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Depends. But cardio is overall better for health.

Corvus
08-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Depends. But cardio is overall better for health.

Perhaps but aesthetically Strength training has better effects. The problem is that there is the so called "Interference effect" which means too much strenght training is on the expense of endurance and vice versa.
Every extensive run is very good for your heart but it also reducses your muscle volume.

Northern Star
08-22-2013, 10:48 PM
I think Cardio personally. I don't lift weights but go running and play sports feels good to be in shape.

Szegedist
08-25-2013, 01:19 AM
It depends on what you want really.

But just like with everything in life, you need balance and harmony.

However, there are ways to fuse strength training and cardio together, such as taking little to no rests between excersices when strength training, or doing workouts which use large muscle groups (squats, etc).

I know you are already familiar with plyometrics, that does it too.

Pontios
08-25-2013, 01:22 AM
I think cardio is better.

Freeroostah
08-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Strength ;)
You become stronger plus you build more muscles and then muscles burn fat.
Just do it 3 times a week or something, it is guaranteed by almost everyone. I did it and after a month I became a BEAST and MORE attractive!

armenianbodyhair
08-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Cardio, if you do too much strength training and not enough cardio you can get heart problems. This happened to one of ym guy friends and he can't play contact sports any more because of it.

larali
08-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Cardio, obviously.

arcticwolf
08-25-2013, 01:32 AM
The most important is strength endurance, because it translates directly to the ability to work very hard for a very long time. It's the universal metrics of survival in extreme situations (plus survival skills of course).

Too much muscles and little endurance is not very practical same goes for extreme endurance and little strength. Strength endurance training is the ultimate body conditioning with maximum application in the real world.

Silly body building or marathon running are two extremes that shift the body's ability into an extreme place. You wanna be really strong and have stamina? pickup kettle bell training, whole bunch of snatches with 36 kg kettle bells will make a man out of any whimp! :laugh:

Virtuous
08-25-2013, 01:35 AM
Cardio is more important for health, but I prefer a balance of two, leaning more to strength and endurance, as Arcticwolf said.

Szegedist
11-17-2013, 02:54 AM
You arent fit unless you can do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8-HvTuwNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Hk0BCzR3Q

Misfit
11-17-2013, 01:49 PM
A combination of both. I have improved a lot since I started lifting weights.

Bloodsport
11-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Cardio Cardio Cardio and Cardio.

Zmey Gorynych
11-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Unless you want to knock peoples heads off their shoulders you should concentrate on stamina.

You arent fit unless you can do this
I once climbed a few balconies, almost got myself killed.

Austo
11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I prefer strengh exercises with body weight. pull-ups, push-ups. Its also not bad for stamina.