PDA

View Full Version : Happy Boxing Day!

Aemma
12-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Happy Boxing Day, All!

Don't know what "Boxing Day" is? Check this wikipedia site for a bit of a rundown. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

So what do you do on "Boxing Day"? Or, how will you spend it this year?

I will be hanging out "at home" ;) and doing some reading of one of my newest literary acquisitions (thanks to that jolly old elf Santa Claus). The book in question is called Queen Emma and the Vikings: A History of Power, Love, and Greed in 11th Century England by Harriet O'Brien. I've started to read some of it already and I'm hooked! There's nothing like reading about one's folk's history! :thumb001:

Cheers for now!!...Aemma :)

Oresai
12-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Happy Boxing Day to you too. :)
Here, it`s a `winding down` day, rolling around the place after eating way too much the past few days, feet up watching a good movie, hearing from family that aren`t here and remembering to contact folks who couldn`t make it and aren`t around.
(though, I`m about to go out and work, so will have to postpone the putting the feet up bit, sigh...)
Hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday. Just wish that here, it was snowing...I really miss snow....

Loki
12-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Happy Boxing Day Aemma & everyone :)

Yes, a relaxing day. Who can complain about a holiday when you can sleep late, or just spend some lazy hours in front of the TV or on the internet? ;)

Oisín
12-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Boxing day is great, I've just been stuffing myself with turkey sandwiches and junk food all day. Gonna have dinner in another hour and then down the pub with all the lads and get twisted.

Treffie
12-26-2008, 02:25 PM
In Wales, Boxing Day is known as Gwyl San Steffan - or St. Stephen's Day (named after the 1st Christian martyr)

Ĉmeric
12-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Must be one of those quaint traditions we tossed out along with the monarchy in 1776.:tongue

It is based on the tradition of giving gifts to the less fortunate members of society.

The Day after Christmas? Is there any regifting going on?;)

Aemma
12-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Must be one of those quaint traditions we tossed out along with the monarchy in 1776.:tongue

The Day after Christmas? Is there any regifting going on?;)

LOL! Yep sounds like it Ĉmeric. You guys should have reconsidered keeping some of the holidays though! ;) If anything, it gives you time to digest all of that turkey! :hungry:

Regifting? Nahh, not from my end! I keep everything that Santa gives me!! It's mine, mine, mine--all mine!!!

:evil...Aemma

Fortis in Arduis
12-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Left-overs, Baileys, Quality Street.

Wondering why all my friends in London are Irish. :rolleyes:

Clutching my stomach.

Loki
12-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Wondering why all my friends in London are Irish. :rolleyes:

Hey, we should meet up sometime. Then we can discuss the talents and works of BKS Iyengar over a pint of Kingfisher or two. ;)

Atlas
12-26-2008, 07:17 PM
My MSN is bugging since several days. A friend of mine has come to my appartment to fix the problem and failed.

Tonight, him and other friends are going to get drunk in a pub.:p

Fortis in Arduis
12-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey, we should meet up sometime. Then we can discuss the talents and works of BKS Iyengar over a pint of Kingfisher or two. ;)

Eeesh... Fancy checking out this place?

http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany/

Their lunch menu is affordable! :thumb001:

http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany/menus/setlunch/

Same price as a drink up.

Otherwise this is my favourite restaurant and the quality of the food is superb:

C3jeVMDuTjM

No problem with a pint of Kingfisher either but I quite like pudding wines!!! :D

Loki
12-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Eeesh... Fancy checking out this place?

http://www.gordonramsay.com/yorkandalbany/

Looks great! :thumbs up

Aemma
12-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Looks great! :thumbs up

A Gordon Ramsey resto to boot!! Sheesh! Lucky ducks! Please do tell us about the food once you're back...I love his cooking shows. I'm dying to know what his food is really like, though I heard that he's never eaten in one of his own restaurants. :icon_lol:

Oresai
12-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Left-overs, Baileys, Quality Street.

I make my own Baileys. :)
My daughter ran an hotel/bar, and got hold of the recipe. It`s very popular, especially with my Irish friends. :D
Will post the recipe when I get back from Orkney mainland. :)