PDA

View Full Version : Jewish blood among ethnic Germans

Ultra
08-24-2013, 11:18 PM
I've heard rumours and sayings regarding ethnic Germans having Jewish blood. The most shocking ones(if they were to be true) is that the majority of ethnic Germans to some degree have Jewish blood. I've heard this a few times, and some even say that genetics confirm this and establishes it as a fact. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on which agenda one might have, I've found nothing on my searchs on the net for evidence regarding this. Is it true or not? After all, there were A LOT of Jews who lived in Germany prior to WW2, and many half-Jews and quarter-Jews who served on Nazi-Germany's behalf in WW2. So it doesn't sound perhaps too far-fetched to me especially seeing as how there always have been many Jews living in Germany historically as well.

Shah-Jehan
08-24-2013, 11:20 PM
CrystalMaiden will freak:lol:!

Ultra
08-24-2013, 11:22 PM
CrystalMaiden will freak:lol:!
Hey-hey, don't shoot the messenger!!! :) Besides she is more Gothic than German no? Maybe something for her AMA.

Loki
08-24-2013, 11:32 PM
I think a lot of Germans have a small amount of Jewish blood.

mr. logan
08-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Germans are no semites.

Shah-Jehan
08-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Germans are no semites.

Being Semitic isn't genetic, but, cultural and linguistic:laugh:

Loki
08-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Germans are no semites.

Nobody said they were.

Swearengen
08-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Jews were everywhere back then. A lot were in Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, and other places I'm sure.

Although I guess they were in Germany for a lot longer.

Smeagol
08-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Probably not, but many Nazis during WW2 were part Jew.

Smeagol
08-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Germans are no semites.

Most Ashkenazi Jews don't have a Semitic phenotype.

Stormer99
08-25-2013, 10:17 AM

Yes they do. Stop lying.

ariel
08-25-2013, 10:19 AM
have not such thing as "semitic phenotype" .

Loki
08-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes they do. Stop lying.

:picard2:

riverman
08-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I think a lot of Germans have a small amount of Jewish blood.

It wouldn't surprise me, I assume some Jewish ancestry in my German heritage... though I'm only a bit German....makes sense to me.
This topic sort of relates to my suspicion that Ashkenaz might possibly be getting all European results sometimes on 23&me etc, not sure about that though.

Stormer99
08-25-2013, 10:28 AM
have not such thing as "semitic phenotype" .

There are different types of Semitic phenotypes.

ariel
08-25-2013, 10:29 AM
There are different types of Semitic phenotypes.

no, semitic is only linguistic group and not racially one.

Stormer99
08-25-2013, 10:33 AM
no, semitic is only linguistic group and not racially one.

True it is a linguistic and to some extent cultural group BUT within the ethnic groups that comprise Semitic there are some physical features in common that you hardly see outside of the Middle East.

Blackout
08-25-2013, 10:34 AM
False.

I've heard rumours

Thats all they are. Dont worry about what other people say...

ariel
08-25-2013, 10:35 AM
True it is a linguistic and to some extent cultural group BUT within the ethnic groups that comprise Semitic there are some physical features in common that you hardly see outside of the Middle East.

i dont think so. mesopotamians and arabs look very different to each others. especially if we are talking about levantines.all the three look very diferent to each others.

Aunt Hilda
08-25-2013, 10:39 AM
After all, there were A LOT of Jews who lived in Germany prior to WW2

less than 1% of the population.

Loki
08-25-2013, 10:48 AM
False.

Have you ever looked at genetic tests? A lot of Europeans have minor Ashkenazi.

Blackout
08-25-2013, 03:33 PM

Im sure there are Germans who have Jewish blood, such people are usually aware of it aswell. To make a sweeping statement however that 'majority' of Germans have Jewish blood, does not make sense to me.

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Yes they do. Stop lying.

No they don't. Semitic=Arabid.

CrystalMaiden
08-25-2013, 03:43 PM

Not here.

Philo
08-25-2013, 03:53 PM

Of course they (we) don't have a Semitic phenotype. There's no such thing as a Semitic phenotype. Just as your profile says you are "Aryan + Baltid" yet there's no such thing as Aryan phenotype.

less than 1% of the population.

QFT.

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Of course they (we) don't have a Semitic phenotype. There's no such thing as a Semitic phenotype. Just as your profile says you are "Aryan + Baltid" yet there's no such thing as Aryan phenotype.

Yes there is. Semitic=Arabid, Aryan=Nordic.

Philo
08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes there is. Semitic=Arabid, Aryan=Nordic.

Dumb post.

Styggnacke
08-25-2013, 03:59 PM
I've heard rumours and sayings regarding ethnic Germans having Jewish blood. The most shocking ones(if they were to be true) is that the majority of ethnic Germans to some degree have Jewish blood. I've heard this a few times, and some even say that genetics confirm this and establishes it as a fact. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on which agenda one might have, I've found nothing on my searchs on the net for evidence regarding this. Is it true or not? After all, there were A LOT of Jews who lived in Germany prior to WW2, and many half-Jews and quarter-Jews who served on Nazi-Germany's behalf in WW2. So it doesn't sound perhaps too far-fetched to me especially seeing as how there always have been many Jews living in Germany historically as well.
Jews have always been a tiny and endogamous group wherever they have been, mostly centered in cities. That the majority of Germans would have Jewish ancestry is a truly ridiculous notion.

:picard2:
No, you're right, they look very European :picard2:

http://www.resume.se/Thumbnails/a6ccf89467baceaa5530c40511a9cff5/768/509/3200082347/4294506487/IMG_4299.JPG
http://hd.se/multimedia/dynamic/00179/50010_jpg_179702v530x800.jpg
http://limmud.se/wp-content/uploads/images/Jonathan%20Leman%20pressbild02.liten.jpg

No, that isn't true.

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Dumb post.

No. Original, Semites were mostly Arabid, proto-Aryans were Nordic mainly.

YeshAtid
08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=Styggnacke;1847747]Jews have always been a tiny and endogamous group wherever they have been, mostly centered in cities. That the majority of Germans would have Jewish ancestry is a truly ridiculous notion.

Those are cherrypicked. A lot in my family could pass a fully european

Peikko
08-25-2013, 04:03 PM

There's no such phenotype as Baltid either.

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 04:05 PM

http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/rg-baltid.htm

Philo
08-25-2013, 04:05 PM

It does'nt work like that :picard2:. Like I said there's no "Semitic" phenotype.

No. Original, Semites were mostly Arabid, proto-Aryans were Nordic mainly.

Maybe original, that does'nt apply to today. North-west Semites(Jews included) are just as Semitic as central Semites.

I guess but that makes more sense than "Aryan" or "Semitic" :lol:

Peikko
08-25-2013, 04:07 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/rg-baltid.htm

Just because someone did that web-page, doesn't mean that the phenotype exists. Read some real anthropology, please.

It just shows how amateurish SNPA is, that this guy was used as "Baltid" example, when in fact, Gunther classified him as faelid and Coon as East Baltic:
http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/Paul_von_Hindenburg.jpg

Smeagol
Maybe original, that does'nt apply to today. North-west Semites(Jews included) are just as Semitic as central Semites.

Yes it does apply to today, the purest Semites are still the Arabians. Jews at the most have Semitic admixture, and that's not all of them.

just
I can't assert about this, but it is sure that many Jewish people have Germanic blood.

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Just because someone did that web-page, doesn't mean that the phenotype exists. Read some real anthropology, please.

East Baltic is a more accurate term in your opinion?

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
I can't assert about this, but it is sure that many Jewish people have Germanic blood.

Ashkenazis all have Germanic blood.

Peikko
08-25-2013, 04:11 PM
East Baltic is a more accurate term in your opinion?
Yes, in a sense, that I don't recall any anthropologist having "baltid" in their taxonomy.

Philo
08-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes it does apply to today, the purest Semites are still the Arabians. Jews at the most have Semitic admixture, and that's not all of them.
I think you are deluding yourself because you hate to be associated with a Middle-Eastern language group. Feel sorry for you matre.

Smeagol
08-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I think you are deluding yourself because you hate to be associated with a Middle-Eastern language group. Feel sorry for you matre.

What I say is true.

Hayalet
08-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Where is ficuscarica when you need him?

Kiyant
08-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Normal jews were 1% of the german population so i dont think that most germans have jewish blood inside them....

sql
09-11-2015, 01:08 AM
Roughly 2% according to AncestryDNA

curupira
09-11-2015, 01:11 AM
Here is a famous example, Helmut Schmidt. I learnt he was 1/4 Jewish not too long ago. He was Prime Minister of West Germany (16 May 1974 – 1 October 1982).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Schmidt

http://a2.tvspielfilm.de/imedia/1450/5851450,Q23RQukY_D11rHv6RHP+72gBN8b4VRadnoNN2YV1Yg dsb17f8NNa_tbu1zDcWeTeiVm1mdxy5O0PCGbSWSZ7KA==.jpg

Smitty
09-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Roughly 2% according to AncestryDNA

2% of Germans have Jewish blood, Germans average 2% Jewish admixture, or all Germans have 2% Jewish admixture?

sql
09-11-2015, 01:21 AM
2% of Germans have Jewish blood, Germans average 2% Jewish admixture, or all Germans have 2% Jewish admixture?

the first one

Neon Knight
09-11-2015, 03:07 AM
2% of Germans have Jewish blood . . ?

I wonder what it is in other European countries.

Smitty
09-11-2015, 03:22 AM
I wonder what it is in other European countries.

Good question. I wonder how they arrived at that stat, for one thing. I don't trust genetics that much, although that undoubtedly makes me the exception to the rule on The Apricity. :) Still, it sounds reasonable.

Jewish admixture has to be the highest in Iberia and Italy, then France/Germany/Poland/Russia/etc., if I were to take a guess. Iberia and Italy (Sicily, at least) were guilty of the "Convert, leave, or die" edicts, which had to boost rates of conversion and intermarriage. The others seemed to tolerate Jewish presence, albeit with some degree of persecution. But because of that tolerance, I would guess they ironically kept the admixture rates lower. Your homeland has to be near the bottom of the list. I believe England kicked the Jews out at one point, no? Regardless, I don't think there's been a historically significant Jewish population there.

sql
09-11-2015, 03:29 AM
Good question. I wonder how they arrived at that stat, for one thing. I don't trust genetics that much, although that undoubtedly makes me the exception to the rule on The Apricity. :) Still, it sounds reasonable.

Jewish admixture has to be the highest in Iberia and Italy, then France/Germany/Poland/Russia/etc., if I were to take a guess. Iberia and Italy (Sicily, at least) were guilty of the "Convert, leave, or die" edicts, which had to boost rates of conversion and intermarriage. The others seemed to tolerate Jewish presence, albeit with some degree of persecution. But because of that tolerance, I would guess they ironically kept the admixture rates lower. Your homeland has to be near the bottom of the list. I believe England kicked the Jews out at one point, no? Regardless, I don't think there's been a historically significant Jewish population there.

Remind me tomorrow, I will find these figures for you

Neon Knight
09-11-2015, 06:41 AM

Yes, I don't think there have been many Jews in Britain in the past but according to the info. below there are quite a few now, so it must have been mostly from immigration during and after the war:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population_by_country

Cristiano viejo
09-12-2015, 05:44 PM
I am seeing in these moments the Polish Martin Gortat and I remembered this thread

http://img.kimdir.com/kimdir/m/a/2f9fbe235daf853b54bfd76d09a3e4b08e91bd3d.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/Gortat(js)1.jpg/682px-Gortat(js)1.jpg