PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolutions

Fortis in Arduis
12-26-2008, 06:46 PM
In 2009, I intend:

To have further rhinoplasty. (Just ask away...)

To keep to a sattvic yoga diet with an emphasis on building muscle strength.

To follow BKS Iyengar's course in the back of 'Light on Yoga' every evening as part of my daily routine.

2008 was appallingly bad and I gave myself a hard time for not being pure enough, without thinking that I might actually need to do more yoga... How retarded was that? :rolleyes:

I need to upgrade my sadhana and just be more spiritual. Why bother trying to find a partner when I barely have enough money or time for myself? Perish these unanswerable yearnings!

Oh, and I buying myself a year's supply of this:

http://www.dawnhorsepress.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PID=3655

http://www.dawnhorsepress.com/images/products/photo/IncenseTins-main.jpg

Near enough the finest on the market with no smoky after fragrance, unlike the cheap stuff, which leave ones quarters smelling like a Bangalore whore house.

Atlas
12-26-2008, 06:49 PM
-Stopping smoking 30 cigarettes a day like I do now.
-Finding a girlfriend.
-Getting a better job.

Oresai
12-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Repair broken relationships (not broken through any fault of mine, have to add!)
Become more financially secure in spite of the `economic downturn`....
Get back to exercising after the Jultide excesses...:icon_redface:
To not be such a hard woman, to be a bit softer, kinder maybe. :)

Just, to live, in defiance of anything trying to take me out, put me down, or cut me off......

Lars
12-27-2008, 12:19 PM
First, I will quit the gym and begin to run outdoors.

Second, I want to use my two dumbbells more regulary and also use my body as weight when I exercise instead of those shining machines down the gym.

Third, I will eat more healthy. That includes drinking more green tea, eating more fruit and vegetables. Eating a lot less meat and a little more poultry. I will try to avoid processed meat and other shit foods.

Forth, I will try to read far more nonfiction books.

Fifth, take time to be with friends and help them as much as I can.

:thumbs up;):thumb001:

Loki
12-27-2008, 01:45 PM
My hopes for 2009 are considerable, and genuine.

I want to rise above my circumstances in the new year, and will mount a game-changing effort to achieve that.

- Become more secure financially
- Become physically fit again
- Set aside past failures in my mind, and focus with a renewed passion on the endless possibilities that life give. The sky is the limit.

TheGreatest
12-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Quit eating junk
Exercise more
Get into shape
Improve my grades

Stegura
12-28-2008, 05:08 AM
- Find a better paying and more reliable job
- Move out on my own and find an Apartment for myself
- Buy a membership at the local Recreation center, so I can get out and exercise some more
- Read more
- Travel some more
- Stop making stupid life decisions which cause trouble for myself
- Stop sleeping in until 1-3 pm on my days off from work.

TheGreatest
12-28-2008, 08:25 AM
- Stop sleeping in until 1-3 pm on my days off from work.

I have a chronic sleeping problem... Farmers' gene as the Mother said. Plant the crops and hibernate through winter.
Though the problem is that I want to hibernate all year :eek: :( :D

It just makes me feel so bad, when I sleep for 14 hours and it deprives me of a lot of time that I could be using on other stuff. I've been able to cut it down to 9-10 hours a night. I hope to cut it down to 6 hours, eventually.

Treffie
12-28-2008, 10:50 AM
My New Year's resolution? Simple, it's not to make one. Everything I vow to try to abstain from on New Year turns into a miserable failure.