PDA

View Full Version : Carrots & Eye Health: How the Myth Began

Atlantic Islander
09-01-2013, 11:49 AM
The myth that carrots improve your eyesight may have its roots in a World War II propaganda campaign.

During the war, the British Royal Air Force developed a new type of radar technology that helped pilots shoot down German enemy planes at night, according to Smithsonian Magazine. But in order to keep the new technology a secret, the government said carrots were behind the pilots' success.

Advertisements during the war touted the benefits of carrots for nighttime vision, including one that read "Carrots keep you healthy and help you see in the blackout," Smithsonian Magazine says.

Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, which helps maintain eyesight. But carrots do not actually improve vision, or help you see in the dark, as some parents may tell their children in the hopes of persuading the little ones to eat their veggies.

source (http://www.livescience.com/38861-carrots-eyesight-myth-origins.html)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually new this one, I always roll my eyes when someone says that eating lots of carrots will improve vision.

Graham
09-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Reminds me of childhood. My mum used to say 'carrots can make you see better in the dark'..

Gorštak
09-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Fuck, I belived in this one.
But you can find on internet that carrot is full of A vitamin, and A vitamin is good for health eyes.

dark1212
08-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the informing

XvThomas_LysergicV
08-23-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't care how the myth began. I do love my carrots though. I even used a carrot as a dildo once because I was bored. :rotfl: No but seriously I don't like carrots that much. I can't remember the last time I ate one. I don't like carrots but I would still rather eat a carrot than a tomato. I hate those damn tomatoes. They're my mortal enemies.

Loki
09-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I don't care how the myth began. I do love my carrots though. I even used a carrot as a dildo once because I was bored. :rotfl: No but seriously I don't like carrots that much. I can't remember the last time I ate one. I don't like carrots but I would still rather eat a carrot than a tomato. I hate those damn tomatoes. They're my mortal enemies.

You're male ... uhmm ... did it hit the spot? :coffee: ;)

I love tomatoes.

XvThomas_LysergicV
09-03-2015, 04:11 PM
You're male ... uhmm ... did it hit the spot? :coffee: ;)

I love tomatoes.

It totally did. Nah I was joking when I posted this.

Linebacker
09-03-2015, 06:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M8-iq5pf1c