PDA

View Full Version : Roma family accuse Amsterdam of 'racism' after being sent to 'scum village'

microrobert
09-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Roma family accuse Amsterdam of 'racism' after being sent to 'scum village'

The first nuisance family has been evicted and moved to a newly created, controversial "scum village" constructed out of disused shipping container on the outskirts of Amsterdam.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02662/roma_2662394b.jpg

The eight members of the Gipsy family have compared their container homes, numbers 48a and 48b, to a concentration camp and accused Amsterdam council of "pure racism"

Eberhard van der Laan, Amsterdam's mayor, admitted that the forcible removal of the Roma family was a draconian measure but insisted that bullying and violent behaviour had left him with no choice.

"The family has been causing problems for years and has a history of vandalism, noise nuisance and threatening behaviour," he told Amsterdam's Parool newspaper (http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/7/MISDAAD/article/detail/3503742/2013/09/04/Treitergezin-verhuist-onder-dwang-naar-asowoning.dhtml).

The eight members of the Gipsy family have compared their container homes, numbers 48a and 48b, to a concentration camp and accused Amsterdam council of "pure racism".

Francois Lonis, ex-partner of one of the Dimitrov daughters who still lives with the family, criticised Mr van der Laan for commemorating the Holocaust while "discriminating" against Roma.

"The mayor talks a lot about Auschwitz but sends us to this place. Where is my mother-in-law supposed to do the shopping," Mr Lonis told Parool. "Our television does not fit inside."

The Dimitrovs family are the first nuisance neighbours to be forcibly moved to police supervised accommodation (http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/21865751/__Aso_s_naar_containers_verbannen__.html) housed on wasteland in the east of the city as the crowded city of Amsterdam steps up measures against anti-social behaviour.

"The container homes will be used more often, and in different parts of the city. This is how we want to deal with the most extreme cases of problem families," said Mr van der Laan.

The policy appears to jar with Amsterdam's international reputation for tolerance to prostitution and soft drug use but reflects hardening Dutch attitudes to routine anti-social behaviour that falls short of criminality.

The new punishment housing camps have been dubbed "scum villages" (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/9719247/Amsterdam-to-create-scum-villages.html) because their establishment follows a 2011 proposal from Geert Wilders, the leader of a populist Dutch Right-wing party, for special units to deal with persistent troublemakers.

"Repeat offenders should be forcibly removed from their neighbourhood and sent to a village for scum," he argued at the time. "Put all the trash together."

The container homes for persistent offenders have minimal services and are under 24-hour supervision from social workers and police.

The policy is not a new one. In the 19th century, troublemakers were moved to special villages in Drenthe and Overijssel outside Amsterdam. The villages were rarely successful, becoming sink estates for the lawless.

Roma family accuse Amsterdam of 'racism' after being sent to 'scum village' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/10288262/Roma-family-accuse-Amsterdam-of-racism-after-being-sent-to-scum-village.html)

Methmatician
09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Maybe they should have behaved themselves before complaining.

Loki
09-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Poor people :(

King Claus
09-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Fucking no good gypsies.
Always every foreigner has to complain against the hand that is feeding them while they have it at least a milion times better than where they came from;)

Loki
09-05-2013, 01:52 PM
while they have it at least a milion times better than where they came from;)

Yes, and perhaps that's the main issue. Countries like Bulgaria should care more for their citizens, then they might not want to emigrate.

King Claus
09-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Yes, and perhaps that's the main issue. Countries like Bulgaria should care more for their citizens, then they might not want to emigrate.

jerney
09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
They can always go back to wherever they came from then

Loki
09-05-2013, 02:25 PM
They can always go back to wherever they came from then

Bulgaria, most likely. Not paradise, but not that bad either.

ioan assen
09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Bulgaria, most likely. Not paradise, but not that bad either.
The Romanians in general have more gypsies. There is such population all over the Balkans, not just Bulgaria.

Archduke
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Loki is very anti-Bulgarian recently and i don't like this at all. :(

Loki
09-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Loki is very anti-Bulgarian recently and i don't like this at all. :(

I was only making such posts due to the very crass inhumane postings coming from Bulgarians like Twitch. I'm not anti-Bulgarian at all. I'm just a humanist. Gypsies are human beings as well, just like other Bulgarians.

Austo
09-10-2013, 05:54 PM
For such behaviour they should be thrown out of the country.

Lithium
09-10-2013, 06:01 PM
I was only making such posts due to the very crass inhumane postings coming from Bulgarians like Twitch. I'm not anti-Bulgarian at all. I'm just a humanist. Gypsies are human beings as well, just like other Bulgarians.

As a person who has been here for more than 3 years I am more than sure that your problem with Bulgarians is much deeper. I do not understand why you do not admit that though.
About the gypsies, they deserve a real concentration camp, they haven't done anything useful, I dont understand why they even received help from the Dutch.

Loki
09-10-2013, 06:02 PM
As a person who has been here for more than 3 years I am more than sure that your problem with Bulgarians is much deeper.

What? :confused: You are lying. I actually like Bulgarians a lot and have said it a few times.

About the gypsies, they deserve a real concentration camp

^ This is the crass hatred stuff I'm talking about.

morski
09-10-2013, 06:04 PM

There's not much more to be done. All sorts of measures have been taken and failed miserably. You'll come to realize it yourselves. Gypos are EU citizens like the rest of us and you'll be seeing more of them soon. It suits their nomadic nature perfectly.

Minesweeper
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Why should a Gipsy live on Bulgarian welfare when he can live on Dutch one. ;)

Loki
09-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Why should a Gipsy live on Bulgarian welfare when he can live on Dutch one. ;)

Good point. The Bulgarian system is inadequate and needs reforming.

morski
09-10-2013, 06:13 PM

Would you like to get into detail? Receiving your insight on the matter would be simply delightful.

Loki
09-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Would you like to get into detail? Receiving your insight on the matter would be simply delightful.

Well Minesweeper suggested it was so. So there must be something to it.

morski
09-10-2013, 06:16 PM

Very detailed, knowledgeable and convincing. Thank you.

Minesweeper
09-10-2013, 06:17 PM

No, Bulgaria offers as much as it can. Western countries are richer and have more to offer.

You know, in Serbia, many Serbs declare as Gypsies on paper in order to get extra benefits in education, medical welfare, etc. It was a major issue few months ago, a scandal almost. They are first class citizens when it comes to state sponsored benefits. Even EU commission had no objections on the way minorities are treated in Serbia.

If you ask yourself, are there any results of such policy the answer is no. The only result is that Serbs and other minorities are poorer.

Lithium
09-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Nothing personal, but you talk without having any real or current information.

Loki
09-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Nothing personal, but you talk without having any real or current information.

Your previous post was very personal.

Kiyant
09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I find it weird how the Roma are still nomadic eventhough nomadic people like the Turkics and Scythians/Sarmatians settled down.

The Lawspeaker
06-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Maybe they should have behaved themselves before complaining.

You have taken the words right out of my mouth. I think they should be deported but this is, indeed, of the typical EU-problems: they make laws respecting the rights of law-abiding Europeans (I'm all for Schengen) but they tend to forget that authorities need to be able to kick criminals back to where they have come from.

zhaoyun
06-02-2014, 11:13 PM
This type of behavior is very common amongst low lifes (I'm not referring to their ethnicity, but to low lifes in general). I've dealt with a lot of human scum in my life and it is very easy to recognize their behavior and mindset. They are very manipulative in the way they try to act morally outraged despite the fact that they have a long history of bad behavior and just being general nuisances. The fact that they continue to live in quarters provided by public assistance, they should be thankful enough for that, yet they are manipulating the system and feigning moral outrage in order to take advantage of the situation (mostly to get more assistance for themselves, or to reduce the supervision accorded, which is also a waste of public funds). Only naive people would feel sorry for these scumbags.

The Lawspeaker
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
This type of behavior is very common amongst low lifes (I'm not referring to their ethnicity, but to low lifes in general). I've dealt with a lot of human scum in my life and it is very easy to recognize their behavior and mindset. They are very manipulative in the way they try to act morally outraged despite the fact that they have a long history of bad behavior and just being general nuisances. The fact that they continue to live in quarters provided by public assistance, they should be thankful enough for that, yet they are manipulating the system and feigning moral outrage in order to take advantage of the situation (mostly to get more assistance for themselves, or to reduce the supervision accorded, which is also a waste of public funds). Only naive people would feel sorry for these scumbags.

That's one group of people that deserves neither sympathy or pity. The sooner we have chucked the whole lot on the banana boat to where they have come from, the better.

Dictator
06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Don't like it? Buy/Build your own houses. LoL.

zhaoyun
06-02-2014, 11:24 PM
That's one group of people that deserves neither sympathy or pity. The sooner we have chucked the whole lot on the banana boat to where they have come from, the better.

This is the type of behavior that low lifes use to hold society at ransom. Basically give us more free stuff, or we will cause trouble. A self respecting person would seek to earn their own lot in life, whether it is their living quarters or what not, they would not be satisfied with depending on the government. Even if they fell on tough times and had to depend on public assistance, they'd do it with gratitude, and not with demanding more. On top of that, it's evident they are clearly trouble makers.

Honestly, I wouldn't give them a dime. If they complained, I'd smash their heads with baseball bats just because they are so fucking irritating and manipulative. They do not deserve shit. I hate these types of useless manipulative people.

The Lawspeaker
06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
This is the type of behavior that low lifes use to hold society at ransom. Basically give us more free stuff, or we will cause trouble. A self respecting person would seek to earn their own lot in life, whether it is their living quarters or what not, they would not be satisfied with depending on the government. Even if they fell on tough times and had to depend on public assistance, they'd do it with gratitude, and not with demanding more. On top of that, it's evident they are clearly trouble makers.

Honestly, I wouldn't give them a dime. If they complained, I'd smash their heads with baseball bats just because they are so fucking irritating and manipulative. They do not deserve shit. I hate these types of useless manipulative people.

The worst thing: we Europeans are civilised but they manage to bring out the very worst in us. Even today. There is just one kind that I really loathe and that's this.. (looks for a civilised word).. race of miscreants.

zhaoyun
06-02-2014, 11:32 PM
The worst thing: we Europeans are civilised but they manage to bring out the very worst in us. Even today. There is just one kind that I really loathe and that's this.. (looks for a civilised word).. race of miscreants.

Well, I do not want to generalize based on their race, as we have a forum member here Brucelee, who is a Roma and a good person. But I am just referring to scumbags in general. I recognize this type of behavior, its very common amongst the criminal class in the United States and I've had plenty of experience with it. Honestly, most of the time, the only thing that stops me from dealing with their attempts at manipulation and extortion with violence are the legal consequences that would incur upon me if I did so.

Either way, no one deserves free aid from society as a RIGHT, it is a GIFT, and should be a temporary one in which the individual should be grateful for. It is not a RIGHT. Your individual freedoms are a RIGHT, getting stuff for free is a PREVILEGE.

The Lawspeaker
06-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Well, I do not want to generalize based on their race, as we have a forum member here Brucelee, who is a Roma and a good person. But I am just referring to scumbags in general. I recognize this type of behavior, its very common amongst the criminal class in the United States and I've had plenty of experience with it. Honestly, most of the time, the only thing that stops me from dealing with their attempts at manipulation and extortion with violence are the legal consequences that would incur upon me if I did so.

Either way, no one deserves free aid from society as a RIGHT, it is a GIFT, and should be a temporary one in which the individual should be grateful for. It is not a RIGHT. Your individual freedoms are a RIGHT, getting stuff for free is a PREVILEGE.

Hmm.. here the welfare state is essentially enshrined within the Constitution but it doesn't cover them. It says:

It shall be the concern of the authorities to secure the means of subsistence of the population and to achieve the distribution of wealth.

Rules concerning entitlement to social security shall be laid down by Act of Parliament.

Dutch nationals resident in the Netherlands who are unable to provide for themselves shall have a right, to be regulated by Act of Parliament, to aid from authorities.

Article 20. Dutch Constitution. (http://www.denederlandsegrondwet.nl/9353000/1/j9vvihlf299q0sr/vgrnbsso4uwn)

zhaoyun
06-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Hmm.. here the welfare state is essentially enshrined within the Constitution but it doesn't cover them. It says:

Article 20. Dutch Constitution. (http://www.denederlandsegrondwet.nl/9353000/1/j9vvihlf299q0sr/vgrnbsso4uwn)

One thing I've noticed with my discussions with many Europeans is their strong attachment to powerful welfare states.

That's the primary reason why I feel Europe will be losing its economic potency in the future as a global power, it will be the US and China that will be dominant, where citizens by and large understand they need to work hard to gain benefits in life rather than expect these as "rights".

The Lawspeaker
06-02-2014, 11:42 PM
One thing I've noticed with my discussions with many Europeans is their strong attachment to powerful welfare states.

That's the primary reason why I feel Europe will be losing its economic potency in the future as a global power, it will be the US and China that will be dominant, where citizens by and large understand they need to work hard to gain benefits in life rather than expect these as "rights".
I disagree. Besides: I always feel that free trade is a bad idea and we shouldn't compete with countries that don't honour the rights of their population. In fact: we should then boost our own industry by blocking their products. And this is where the European Union comes in. The reason for the attachment to the welfare state is actually very nationalistic because from a European point of view: our countries are like a big family, national communities and you don't let your auntie starve, right ?