PDA

View Full Version : The Results of Importing Black Students into a College Town

Stegura
12-28-2008, 05:41 AM
The Results of Importing Black Students into a College Town

I am a police officer in the upper northwest and have been a cop for 16 years. Like many in my current community, I came here originally to attend college. Our city is small and predominantly white, and the university population is mostly kids from white, upper middle class families.

Our university tries its damnedest to recruit and attract minorities, but the demographics seem to remain constant. Our local community college is a different story. They have been recruiting athletes from large urban areas for years and have contributed significantly to our community's young black population. It seems for every young black male recruited to play basketball or football, several male friends follow him from his community to ours. Subsequently, there are a large number of young, non-enrolled, unemployed black males living in our community.

One of the most obvious effects of this trend is the ghettoization of one of our older student neighborhoods. In the last twenty years, this multi-square block area has become almost exclusively subsidized housing, attracting the rest of our community's dysfunctional welfare class. This neighborhood abuts our university's east side and still houses many students. The predictable result of this is a significant increase in black on white crime.

These crimes take on several distinct forms. The most prominent are the random strong-arm (or armed) robberies in which a single white student is confronted by a group of black males and robbed. The net gain of these robberies is often only a few dollars or at best a cell phone, however, most are accompanied by an assault of some sort. Many times these assaults result in serious injuries. These robberies occur when some student is walking alone, to or from campus, often through this same area.

When I have responded to this neighborhood to handle a call, I quickly learned that I could expect absolutely no cooperation from the blacks I encountered. Those that were not openly hostile would lie about whatever they might have seen to protect another without compunction. I find this particular characteristic fascinating. Even the most hard-core, white-supremicist prison gang parolee will display the body language that shows discomfort with lying. Many will tell you that they can not answer a question before they will lie. But almost without exception, blacks can lie to your face without the slightest indication of an internal moral conflict.

On the opposite side of campus is a student neighborhood that contains most of the fraternities and sororities. This neighborhood is the epicenter of the weekend party scene with thousands of students roaming around in search of bars and parties until the early morning hours. When I was a student in the early eighties, this scene was relatively peaceful and rarely required the presence of law enforcement. In the last ten to fifteen years, however, the atmosphere has changed to an alcohol fueled, violence prone environment requiring a great number of officers to keep the peace.

Another significant change is the racial make-up of this scene. Once exclusively university students, now has mixed in large groups of black or Hispanic males, many of which are local gang members. Ironically, this demographic is almost always welcomed by the majority white student population. As recently as fifteen years ago, most of the loud music emanating from the bars and parties was white rock and roll, it is now almost exclusively black rap and hip-hop.

The allure of black ghetto street culture amongst the white middle-class youth is a significant factor in this dynamic. There is an almost child-like expectation that the affection for that culture by the majority group will somehow be reciprocated when it plays out on street level, face-to-face encounters. It almost never is. It is amusing in a cynical way to see the repeated shock expressed by these white college kids when that affection is met with unrepentant violence. Whether it is the white male student who is beaten down for taking issue with a black male making a pass at his girlfriend, or the girl herself who is assaulted for rebuking such an advance, these kids are often attacked for just looking at a group of black males the wrong way.

As a cop, I've often encountered these victims who, out of frustration, will express their anger and humiliation with an occasional racial epithet. This accomplishes little and allows other white kids to look on and express scorn at their racist attitude. Most often, however, they direct their anger at us for not keeping them safe.

It's so richly ironic that these upper middle class white college students will often stand on the street corners yelling "F*ck the police!" as officers patrol this neighborhood. They do it to get the attention of their friends and prove their "street cred" to the crowd. Yet, when they become the victims of this random violence by the same black kids they've been trying to impress, they blame the police. If officers ever have a black kid detained for any reason, you can count on the white kids to harass the officers and claim they are racists for doing so. I actually used to be shocked myself by this behavior, but no more.

The other black on white crime amongst the college kids that is often not reported is the home-invasion robbery. Many of these upper middle class white kids are small time growers or dealers in marijuana. This activity is very open due to light penalties for possession and a movement to emulate California's medical marijuana laws. Inevitably they will share or sell some marijuana with a black kid they meet socially. A short time later a group of several black males will kick their door down, brandish guns and demand the marijuana. We've had kids shot during these robberies and yet for everyone we investigate, probably three go unreported for obvious reasons. I've had black males that I've interrogated admit that they consider our town a target-rich environment for robbery and burglary, especially in the student neighborhoods.

You have written before about trends in black on white rape. While we have a significant number of sexual assaults, mostly involving significant alcohol consumption, I have not seen a similar racial component in these cases. This may be due to a factor I find equally troubling.

There seems to be a never ending supply of young white middle-class college girls who will enter into dating relationships with these lower-class, un-enrolled, unemployed, thuggish black males. I'm sure the allure has a lot to do with the popularity of this type of male in pop culture these days; but I still shake my head because many of these relationships end in domestic violence.

The pattern is usually the same. A few days into the relationship the black male will often move in with the female. She will then begin to financially support him. He will often take over use of her vehicle, forcing her to do without for days at a time. He will often take her checks or credit cards and run her into debt. It is only when he continues to womanize that she will take issue and confront him. This often results in an assault.

One would think that people would make rational observations about a certain group's behavior, especially if it impacts them personally in a negative way, and make adjustments in their own actions and associations. However, the liberal dogma prevents this self preservation. Subsequently my community and many others continue to be target-rich environments.http://shankradioworldwide.typepad.com/shankradio_world_wide/2008/08/the-results-of.html

Celtic Knight
12-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Same thing is happening at my University, all the above mentioned occurs here. This is all a result of the Desegregation of the South. Things were so much better before.

Octothorpe
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
My Dad told me about what it was like when the first black students were enrolled at Western Illinois University. Dad was on the basketball team (all whites), and a few blacks were 'imported' from Chicago. They were not, shall we say, college material. All flunked out and never played ball (the rules about eligibility were followed, once upon a time).

Even worse, he told me, were the one or two African foreign students. They were straight out of central casting: black as coal, with facial scarring, and inpenetrable accents. Dad said they would defecate in the bushes, outside the academic buildings, and would attempt to touch and caress white girls. My old man and the other male students had to beat them senseless to get them away from the girls.

Of course, today, the damned mudsharks would scream at you for "messin' wit their man."

Birka
01-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I used to visit a close friend who attended a Pa. state college in the early and middle 70's. Because they were a state college, they had to keep a black enrollment of 12%. The black students knew this and knew that they could do whatever they wanted short of major felonies (that we knew of) and not get kicked out. None ever went to classes. They were all in fraternities, and were very militaristic. They all marched around in some kind of uniform and black army boots.

My friend unfortunately was in one of the dorms which was predominately black, and had quite a few run-ins. I visited one weekend when the frat pledges were finally accepted, and they were branding them. The smell of human flesh burning stuck up the whole dorm.

We did not know for sure, but all of those black (non)students were probably there on full scholarships, again, the college needed them to maintain the 12% black enrollment to get full funding from the state.

Ceallach
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
We did not know for sure, but all of those black (non)students were probably there on full scholarships, again, the college needed them to maintain the 12% black enrolment to get full funding from the state.

I thank it is sick the way Colleges, Police forces and others have to have a % of blacks.:mad: It is wrong x

Creeping Death
02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Same thing is happening at my University, all the above mentioned occurs here. This is all a result of the Desegregation of the South. Things were so much better before.
I dont know if it was better I have read literature from that period in the South and even with segregation people were wishing they could deport them to Africa, lets face it Homogeneous society is what is best.