PDA

View Full Version : Bosnia and Kosovo were different from Syria

Loki
09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I read some people here claimed that, because Syria shouldn't be intervened into, the same goes for Bosnia and Kosovo, and that intervention there was wrong.

I strongly disagree with this. In Syria there is raging a civil war. Bosnia, for example, wasn't a civil war. It was more akin to ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Pleurat
09-07-2013, 01:13 PM
America plans everything 20 years in advance or more.... for example the intervention of the US in Kosovo was planned years before and everything had to do with the gold that is found in Dardania mines.

In order for the US to intervene, the KLA army was needed to not be strong enough to protect the general population, which as we saw it didn't evan though it was very successful in killing thousands of serbian soldiers. The only way for KLA to be weak it was needed to not be equipped enough for a frontal war or better say for the population to not protect itself. The only way to do this was to not get enough weapons from Albania.... the communist regime created a very strong army and created and bought millions of weapons ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhXP-sgq0w), So the US created the civil war in Albania in 1997-1998 where 80% of the weapons ( at least AK-47 , anti-tanks, anti-aircrafts, machine-guns, grandees) were lost and disappeared. The other which were left were taken to be smelted in factories. The KLA never got enough weapons and man power, only 20% of what it needed.... so the US "intervened". IF KLA would be won the war itself Kosovo would be with albania now and not a puppet state. This would be totally against the interests of America.

Mraz
09-07-2013, 01:18 PM
An intervention in Syria should be done, but against the death squads called rebels.

Manifest Destiny
09-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I know that what was going on in Bosnia and Kosovo is different than Syria, but it has nothing to do with whether or not I support intervention. I'm not willing to waste the lives and money of my people for someone else's people. End of story.

Loki
09-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I know that what was going on in Bosnia and Kosovo is different than Syria, but it has nothing to do with whether or not I support intervention. I'm not willing to waste the lives and money of my people for someone else's people. End of story.

Perhaps not America, I agree. However it should be the EU's responsibility because it's on their doorstep.

EDMONDI
09-07-2013, 01:25 PM
The situation in Syria isn't as Black and White as Bosnia and Kosovo were during the 90s. Actual journalists don't know what the hell is going on, much less ordinary people.

The Kosovo situation and subsequent NATO intervention came at a time of positive economic growth and coincided with the spread of internet use. Kosovo was purportedly the first 'internet war' - Journalists and the general public saw the photos and were won over. Furthermore, do not forget that two serious tragedies had to occur in Rwanda and Bosnia for the West to finally make up its mind and do something about the killings in Kosovo.

I highly doubt that if the Kosovo conflict was occurring today at a time of economic depression and the unsuccessful Iraq war, where journalists are now almost desensitized to images of people being shot in the head and the public sick of foreign immigration, that the West would bother to lift a finger.

Gorštak
09-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Well, for a start Bosnia Army was official state army had like 150 000 - 200 000 soldiers who were all citizens of Bosnia, and like 400 Mujahideen foreign volunteers who were unfortunately great to use them to make propaganda against us.
Rebels in Syria (still) are not offical army of state and it seems that there are like more foreign volunteers than Syrians in that army, but I don't really have an idea about numbers.

Also a lot of people think that we actually asked for NATO intervention.
No!
We wanted to fight all alone, but we didn't had so powerful weapons like Serbs, so we asked that UN let us to import weapons, but they answered with different offer, they will ban import of weapons in Bosnia, but they will protect that.
We all know how it ended.

RandoBloom
09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, for a start Bosnia Army was official state army had like 150 000 - 200 000 soldiers who were all citizens of Bosnia, and like 400 Mujahideen foreign volunteers who were unfortunately great to use them to make propaganda against us.
Rebels in Syria (still) are not offical army of state and it seems that there are like more foreign volunteers than Syrians in that army, but I don't really have an idea about numbers.

250 000 soldiers :)
And 350 Mujahideens :D
I think those 350 would be enough for some to justify our exterminations.

For intervention I dont care. If US interwenes then it will put some secular that suits everyone.
If it doesnt Assad stays in power and Israel gets shot at with this
http://thegreenlineblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/scud3a.jpg

instead of this

http://www.takeapen.org/Takeapen/UploadFiles/pgallery/1893599278.jpg