PDA

View Full Version : How typical would she be in Greece?

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 02:01 PM
She is Italian, from Calabria. How typical would she be in Greece?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/734188_3629587398763_229335536_n.jpg

Trun
09-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Not very much with this nose.

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Not very much with this nose.

What about the nose isn't typical Greek? I've seen a lot of Greek islanders at least with noses like that.

Trun
09-09-2013, 02:09 PM
This nose is Armenoid nose. I doubt it is common anywhere in Europe.

wvwvw
09-09-2013, 03:10 PM
This is the 1,000,399 th topic about Greeks. Imagine 1,000,399 threads all about Greeks or Sicilians with Armenoids noses, the most Levantine looking individuals one can find. For years and years, day in day out, the same old story. And God forbid anyone ever hint that any of them can pass in Iberia or anywhere else you get a ban in an instant. Like I said there is a method to his/her/it trolling and it/s/he is not motivated by any "love" for Sicilians or Greeks, trust me on that.

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 03:11 PM
This is the 1,000,399 th topic about Greeks. Imagine 1,000,399 threads all about Greeks or Sicilians with Armenoids noses. For years and years now same old story. And God forbid anyone says any of them can pass in Iberia or anywhere else you get a ban in an instant.

LOL no, what are you on? This isn't Anthroscape, people don't get banned for disagreeing with the admins.

Roy
09-09-2013, 03:13 PM
In Poland people would say she looks Jewish I bet.

Pleurat
09-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Atypical

wvwvw
09-09-2013, 03:29 PM
People get banned for stating that Sicilians for example can fit in Iberia, or for voting that non-Europeans can fit in Iberia. That is trolling for a certain admin here, but voting that Egyptians and Berbers can fit in Sicily apparently is not. He has managed to drive away/ban every Sicilian posterand wishes to do the same with Greek posters as well.

Anthroscape is still a much better forum, some trolls got banned there but only after they have been exposed as freuds by the administrator. A certain poster for example was claimimg for years to be a woman, invented ludicrous stories about him/herself and lied on just about everything under the sun. S/he/it continues (tirelessly) his trollings on every other board. I guess trolling in one board is not enough we have to see her on every single anthroboard out there

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
People get banned for stating that Sicilians for example can fit in Iberia, or for voting that non-Europeans can fit in Iberia. That is trolling for a certain admin here, but voting that Egyptians and Berbers can fit in Sicily apparently is not. He has managed to drive away/ban every Sicilian posterand wishes to do the same with Greek posters as well.

Anthroscape is still a much better forum, some trolls got banned there but only after they have been exposed as freuds by the administrator. A certain poster for example was claimimg for years to be a woman, invented ludicrous stories about him/herself and lied on just about everything under the sun. S/he/it continues (tirelessly) his trollings on every other board. I guess trolling in one board is not enough we have to see her on every single anthroboard there is.

I haven't driven away any Sicilian poster. alfieb left on his own and he and I were close. MarceloBielsa was harassing me and others. Spacchiu was not really Sicilian, he was a fake account someone made to harass me, surprise there.

That's lies and you know it. No one has gotten banned for that, in fact if anyone has gotten banned and they have been an Italian or Greek user it's been because of their attitude and harassing other users, like you do so frequently. In fact, you're asking for another ban because you have clearly proven to not have changed. You actually are well known on this forum as one of the most antagonistic, crass people and everyone can affirm it.

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Anthroscape is still a much better forum

Then go there and leave us in peace.

riverman
09-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Btw of course some greeks can fit in Iberia, they're med places, crossover all over and in Britain too.

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Btw of course some greeks can fit in Iberia, they're med places, crossover all over and in Britain too.

There are Iberians who can fit in any part of the (European) Mediterranean, and some who can fit even further away than that, but it's about frequency of course.

aherne
09-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Looks like a kike: Levantine (East Alpine)-Semitic mix (beady eyes, 6-shaped nose, swarthy skin tone). Fits in Israel and Lebanon as supreme example... Cannot pass in Europe except in Southern Italy (where lots of Semitic influence came during Roman times).

Sikeliot
09-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Looks like a kike: Levantine (East Alpine)-Semitic mix (beady eyes, 6-shaped nose, swarthy skin tone). Fits in Israel and Lebanon as supreme example... Cannot pass in Europe except in Southern Italy (where lots of Semitic influence came during Roman times).

So would you say then, that Greeks (if they don't look like her) look more Anatolian, and that the Anatolian influence present in say, Greek islands, comes out different than how this woman looks?

riverman
09-09-2013, 03:43 PM
There are Iberians who can fit in any part of the (European) Mediterranean, and some who can fit even further away than that, but it's about frequency of course.

Yeah, but it can't be that rare because some people here say I look 'mexican'(Iberian). and theres greeks who resemble me.

Ianus
09-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Dinaromed

aherne
09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
So would you say then, that Greeks (if they don't look like her) look more Anatolian, and that the Anatolian influence present in say, Greek islands, comes out different than how this woman looks?

Greeks do not have a Semitic element, so she cannot pass as Greek or even Turk (who also don't have Semitic element). Looks Middle-Easterner...

riverman
09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Greeks do not have a Semitic element, so she cannot pass as Greek or even Turk (who also don't have Semitic element). Looks Middle-Easterner...

I have to disagree, I would guess her for sure European irl.

daniboy
09-10-2013, 03:42 PM
I think she could fit in Southern Italy or Greece.

Sikeliot
09-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Btw, this thread is the one that made Raine go off the wall and neg rep me 40 times or something (or thumbs down) and then send me long and threatening messages. So there's one person who thinks this woman cannot possibly fit in Greece.

She can fit in Sicily though. My paternal grandmother has a similar look.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-12-2013, 04:35 AM

They have a large e1b component, so yes they have a semitic component. If you look at statues of hermes you can see it easily, and hermes of course is associated with athens while the other greek gods are described more like what most people consider european.

Smeagol
09-12-2013, 04:50 AM
She looks like a Jew.

Smeagol
09-12-2013, 04:51 AM
They have a large e1b component, so yes they have a semitic component. If you look at statues of hermes you can see it easily, and hermes of course is associated with athens while the other greek gods are described more like what most people consider european.

Haplogroups have nothing to do with phenotype. Greece has little if any Semitic admixture.

Sikeliot
09-12-2013, 04:54 AM

E1b isn't Semitic. It's of Horn African origin and due to founder effect has become "European".

Prisoner Of Ice
09-12-2013, 05:13 AM
Just look at head shapes of south austrians and compare them to e1b egyptians.

Of course a haplogroup correlates to a phenotype, otherwise we may as well not look at genetics at all. It's just that it's only good for talking about averages, but that's true of any population studies we do. I can say all I want about chinese people but there's bound to be an exception to any rule or set of rules I come up with.

E1b is what semitic is. The groups like jews and arabs full of Js only soaked up any semitism by exposure to it, that's why many non gulf arabs and many european jews have zero apparent trace, because they don't have any at all. The Js who stayed by the caspian have no trace of it, turks are mostly not semitic at all for example.

Sikeliot
09-12-2013, 05:14 AM
Just look at head shapes of south austrians and compare them to e1b egyptians.

Of course a haplogroup correlates to a phenotype, otherwise we may as well not look at genetics at all. It's just that it's only good for talking about averages, but that's true of any population studies we do. I can say all I want about chinese people but there's bound to be an exception to any rule or set of rules I come up with.

E1b is what semitic is. The groups like jews and arabs full of Js only soaked up any semitism by exposure to it. The Js who stayed by the caspian have no trace of it, turks are mostly not semitic at all for example.

E1b is common in southern Italy and Sicily too.. I share with a lot of people on 23andme who have it.

Smeagol
09-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Of course a haplogroup correlates to a phenotype, otherwise we may as well not look at genetics at all.

No, it really does not. Autosomal DNA is much more important.

Sikeliot
09-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Haplogroups only tell you about one ancestor.

Stormer99
09-12-2013, 05:52 AM
e1b is more Berber than Ethiopian or Semite

http://ethiohelix.blogspot.com/2012/09/berber-ydna.html

ariel
09-12-2013, 05:58 AM
e1b is more Berber than Ethiopian or Semite

http://ethiohelix.blogspot.com/2012/09/berber-ydna.html

have not such thing as semites.....

Scholarios
09-12-2013, 05:58 AM
A little strange, but wouldn't do a double-take if I saw her. Not typically Greek though. The hooked nose is a bit extreme. I wonder what her surname is...

This Greek actor has a bigger "Armenian" style nose...

http://www.theoangelopoulos.gr/photos/fg0420.jpg

He looks like our Karagiozis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karagiozis)

http://www.platos-academy.com/photos/archives/karagiozis.jpg

Queen B
09-12-2013, 07:31 AM
She reminds me of her:
http://www.tvzapping.gr/userfiles/0b688f97-7078-41d4-8e02-6b13bc3d7ca3/1137737large_8.jpg

YeshAtid
03-20-2014, 06:54 PM
She looks more Semitic than anything else.

GrebluBro
03-20-2014, 07:37 PM
In Poland people would say she looks Jewish I bet.

So would Americans