PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving dear Canucks!: What do you give thanks for?

Aemma
10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes tis our time of year to give thanks for all that we have.

What are you grateful for in life? What do you give thanks for?

Me? I give thanks for my kick at the can at this thing we call Life in all of its splendorous glory--good, bad or otherwise. I give thanks for having the love, understanding, and support of family and friends. As much as I could equally curse my human form (I can't fly, I can't swim without having to come up for air every few minutes, I can't skip on top of water, I can't hibernate all winter ;)), I give thanks for my human form: it gives me an opportunity to experience this Life in many more varied ways (although being able to see like a bee would be bloody trippy! :D). I give thanks for the people that continue to have an unknown impact in my Life, from the unsung hero like the farmer (which I'd love to really hug this time of year) to crazy philosophers and poets that I have met both here, irl and in the world of books.

In essence I am grateful--something that some, or maybe even many, people don't seem able to be much of at times.

As crazy as Life is at times, in the end it's a good thing--always--and it's what is meant to be at this very moment in time.

So with a glass in hand, I raise it to all of you and say this: Drink. It. Up!

Santé!...Aemma :)

anonymaus
10-11-2009, 05:13 PM
...for peace, order and good government.

Wölfin
10-18-2009, 02:18 AM
A bit late, I know.
But I give thanks for the wonderful people in my life and particularly my lover who loves me unconditionally.