PDA

View Full Version : Attack on Syria would make U.S. "al Qaida's air force

Sisak
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Dennis Kucinich says attack on Syria would make U.S. "al Qaida's air force"

Dennis J. Kucinich is a 16-year member of Congres who has disproven president Bush's reasons for going to war in Iraq. He is now questioning President Obama's call for congressional approval for war against Syria.
Dennis John Kucinich (/kuːˈsɪnɪtʃ/; born October 8, 1946) is a former U.S. Representative, serving from 1997 to 2013. He was also a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2004 and 2008 presidential elections. His father was of Croat ancestry.
http://i43.tinypic.com/346md0x.jpg
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/08/dennis_kucinich_says_attack_on.html
Former Cleveland congressman Dennis Kucinich, who has met repeatedly with Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, was quoted yesterday in a Capitol Hill newspaper as saying that a U.S. military strike on Syria would turn the U.S. military into “al Qaida's air force.”
Kucinich, a fervent opponent of U.S. military engagement in Iraq - told The Hill that intervention in Syria would ensnare the United States in another war and embolden the Islamist militants fighting Bashar Assad's regime.

“So what, we're about to become Al Qaida's air force now?” Kucinich told the publication. “This is a very, very serious matter that has broad implications internationally."

According to the Hill, Kucinich also "raised doubts" about claims the Syrian military - which is controlled by Assad - killed hundreds of people with chemical weapons last week. He accused the Obama administration of “rushing” into a potential “World War Three” based on questionable evidence.
“This is being used as a pretext,” he said in the interview. The verdict is in before the facts have been gathered. What does that tell you?”

After hundreds of people were killed in a chemical weapons attack outside Damascus last week, the Obama administration has said it is contemplating a military response to that action that would not be designed to take down Assad's regime.

A former mayor of Cleveland, Kucinich was elected to Congress in 1996 and served until he lost a primary battle to Toledo Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur after Republicans who controlled Ohio's redistricting process put them into the same district.

In 2011, Kucinich was widely criticized after Syrian media quoted him as saying Assad is “highly loved and appreciated by the Syrians.” Kucinich said his remarks were mistranslated.

Jackson
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
It would also save Obama a nice place in prison in the near future.

Sisak
09-10-2013, 09:30 PM
It would also save Obama a nice place in prison in the near future.

I do not believe that he could end up in prison.

Jackson
09-10-2013, 10:13 PM
I do not believe that he could end up in prison.

He could. Lets say he starts this war and the senate impeaches him, he would then be liable for prosecution in the ICC for the criminal act of starting the war (which would be illegal under international law). Although i don't know how likely this is, because the USA regularly breaks international law.

Sisak
09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I think that Obama wants to save America from bankruptcy, I do not believe that westerm Europe will be against it.

Jackson
09-11-2013, 12:04 PM
I think that Obama wants to save America from bankruptcy, I do not believe that westerm Europe will be against it.

Well the problem is they are. The vast majority of all western peoples are against it, and it's only about half or less than half of the elite that want it. Which probably means that they will get what they want anyway, because we live in a 'democracy'.

Sisak
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
About everything will be decided by politics, so I do not think too much about it.

Jackson
09-11-2013, 12:17 PM
About everything will be decided by politics, so I do not think too much about it.

I guess that is fair enough. :P

Can't blame people for wanting to get on with their lives i suppose.