PDA

View Full Version : Syria crisis: Maaloula resident talks to BBC

YeshAtid
09-15-2013, 08:43 AM
A former resident of Maaloula, an historic Christian town to the north of Damascus, has told the BBC her family was forced to leave their home after it was captured by rebels at the weekend.

Antoinette Nassrallah said she didn't know if she would ever return after rebels "stole everything".

She said the United States should stop sending weaponry to the rebels, and that any military action against Syria would be based on a "big lie".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyCcpbdKPR0

YeshAtid
09-15-2013, 10:09 PM
bump

Musso
09-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Really breaks my heart that the ancient Syrian Christian community is being subjected to this. The side in the conflict that I support the most is the Syrian Christians, and this is side that the West should support more than anything - if they call themselves protectors of 'Judeo-Christian values'.

YeshAtid
09-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Really breaks my heart that the ancient Syrian Christian community is being subjected to this. The side in the conflict that I support the most is the Syrian Christians, and this is side that the West should support more than anything - if they call themselves protectors of 'Judeo-Christian values'.

100%agree