PDA

View Full Version : SSRI & Violence

Sol Invictus
10-13-2009, 12:41 AM
9S-7aNPf33A

Sol Invictus
10-13-2009, 12:47 AM
I can't help but see the connection of big Pharma filling their pockets full of millions of dollars per day, handing out medications that we know are not effective, and very dangerous. The Virginia Tech shooter was institutionalized and put on SSRI medication before he finally snapped and massacred his fellow students. It's frightening to think of how many supposed 'depressed' individuals are on these drugs and how many of them are ticking time bombs. It's no wonder, over 80% of school shooting occur as a result of being on these mind control drugs.

FCb-z_03oAk

Vulpix
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Correlation does not imply causation. As for "not effective", I can tell you by personal experience that it depends on the person.

Sol Invictus
10-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Correlation does not imply causation. As for "not effective", I can tell you by personal experience that it depends on the person.

Well, I mean the statistics speak for themselves. Most school shootings occur as a result of people being on, or coming off these meds. This does indicate some sort of correlation/causation. Many people, either when on or coming off these meds, are more likely to do harm to themselves or others than if they were not.

Vulpix
10-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Well, I mean the statistics speak for themselves. Most school shootings occur as a result of people being on, or coming off these meds. This does indicate some sort of correlation.

The point is, correlation does not automatically imply that changes in one variable A (use of SSRI medication) is what is causing the other variable B (school shootings) to change. There might be other factors (Z, X and Y) at work.

While causation does cause correlation, the reverse isn't necessarily true: again correlation does not express causation.

Sol Invictus
10-13-2009, 07:54 AM
There might be other factors (Z, X and Y) at work.

There certainly might be, and probably is. But we don't have that sort of information available, other than the fact that alot of these poor souls were picked on (as was the case of Dillon and Klebold), but beyond that, not much. What we DO know is, is that these people were on SSRIs, and they snapped. It indicates something.