PDA

View Full Version : @Aquisator: Is Israel a 3rd world country?

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Failed state index
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Failed_state_index_2013.svg

global peace index
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Global_Peace_Index_Map_2012.png

Global Militarization Index
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/World_map_of_countries_by_Global_Militarization_In dex.svg

freedom of press index
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/RWB-PressFreedomIndex2013-WorldMap.svg

poverty rate
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Percent_poverty_world_map.png

robar
09-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Israel is 3rd world to the core

Corvus
09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I have never been to Israel but according to objective sources it is not.
It definitly belongs to the countries which offer high living qulity, even though the extreme geographic location with incredible heat in summer ofc puts a damper on things.
But the Jews are known for their commercial talent and zeal and they use the spare ressources which the soil has to offer very effectivly.

Loki
09-17-2013, 11:39 AM
poverty rate
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Percent_poverty_world_map.png

Less poverty in China than in America? Interesting.

robar
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Less poverty in China than in America? Interesting.

Poverty rate is usually compare the number of people living below the National Poverty line

Loki
09-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Poverty rate is usually compare the number of people living below the National Poverty line

Yes, I know. In that sense China seems to be a better place to live in than America. It's a shame that America doesn't look after its poor.

Trun
09-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Still I'd rather live in America than in China.

Loki
09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Still I'd rather live in America than in China.

Yes, mostly because you can't speak the language, and also because they eat cats, dogs and monsters.

Smaug
09-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Certainly not. Israel offers high standards of living as well as heavy investiments in education and technology.

Anglojew
09-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Borderline first and second world I'd say. Pretty amazing given its young age, lack of natural resources, being surrounded by enemies; Arab boycott etc

Not third world by any stretch of the imagination.

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Failed state index

1) please learn to write my name properly. you never got it right, ever, not here, not on afb. It comes from the word to acquire, to make an acquisiton, so I'm "acquisitor" :)
2) I dont care whether Israel is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th world country
3) I left Israel, and I'm not looking back

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
1) please learn to write my name properly. you never got it right, ever, not here, not on afb
2) I dont care whether Israel is a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th world country
3) I left Israel, and I'm not looking back

so you see yourself as belgian or what? You constantly care about israely politics. And why should i care in spelling the name of some troll correctly?

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 12:22 PM
so you see yourself as belgian or what? You constantly care about israely politics

I don't see myself as a real Belgian, there is a clear distance between me and some locals, and not just in looks.

I dont "care" about Israel, I do try to defend its policies, since Israel is constantly being attacked by a swarm of biased or misinformed people.

sevruk
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Except for education and health care (due to Soviet Jews) Israel is shithole

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Except for education and health care (due to Soviet Jews) Israel is shithole

strange, when Soviet Jews massively moved to Israel in 1989-1992 most saw it as heaven compared to mother russia.

PS. also, going to Israel to cure cancers and other diseases is very popular in Russia. Strange, aint it :)

Methmatician
09-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Israel is totes 3rd World. Just check out their skyscrapers:

http://www.baloulian.com/Travel/Israel%202001-02/images/018%20Haifa.JPG
http://www.bigfoto.com/asia/israel/israel-haifa-yol2.jpg

:rolleyes:

sevruk
09-17-2013, 12:32 PM
strange, when Soviet Jews massively moved to Israel in 1989-1992 most saw it as heaven compared to mother russia.

It was in 1989-1992, and I do not see this happening now

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 12:34 PM
It was in 1989-1992, and I do not see this happening now

those who wanted to leave have already left.

my parents thought they deserved better and moved on to Europe.

but currently, Israel still offers a higher standard of life than Russia for sure.

sevruk
09-17-2013, 12:39 PM
but currently, Israel still offers a higher standard of life than Russia for sure.

Only for kosher

Incal
09-17-2013, 01:13 PM

http://www.timesofisrael.com/russian-speakers-who-want-to-immigrate-could-need-dna-test/

alb0zfinest
09-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Revenge of the nerds 4: russiaPrussia's revenge. (sequel to Revenge of the nerds 3: the next generation).

Scholarios
09-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes, I know. In that sense China seems to be a better place to live in than America. It's a shame that America doesn't look after its poor.

Ha I have been in villages in China that seemed essentially no different than some Ming village 600 years ago. And welfare benefits are better in the US than China for sure...

blogen
09-17-2013, 01:22 PM
The Human Development Index is better indicator and the Israeli HDI is very high: 0.900! Israel is an average first world country.

asingh
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
RussiaPrussia:

Why do you always post like a moron...?

2 of your graphs have no color coding index. You could not even spell the handle name of the person you are targeting this thread to properly, and there is absolutely no scientific or minimal analytical post-reference corollary to what your OP title is, to what you want to say vs. to what you posted in the opening post. Plain dumb and stupid and idiotic.

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 01:40 PM
http://www.timesofisrael.com/russian-speakers-who-want-to-immigrate-could-need-dna-test/

so ?

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Revenge of the nerds 4: russiaPrussia's revenge. (sequel to Revenge of the nerds 3: the next generation).

hilarious :)

American_Hispanist
09-17-2013, 01:43 PM
another garbage thread by RussiaPrussia. failed attempt to troll acquisitor. :lol:

Aunt Hilda
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
just because national poverty line is lower in china doesn't mean they live better then the US. it's just means that the US has higher standards.

Equilibrium
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I am sorry Acquisitor, but no skyscrapers, no first-world status. :cool:

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I am sorry Acquisitor, but no skyscrapers, no first-world status. :cool:

oh I'm going to cry

but! there is one in TA, sure, it's not as pretty as in Moscow but there is one ;)

in fact, I used to live near it, its one ugly building, much uglier than on the pic :)

its called "tower of peace", and looks like a rotten tooth on the face of the city.

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.454025.1355729343!/image/3727499418.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_640/3727499418.jpg

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
RussiaPrussia:

2 of your graphs have no color coding index. You could not even spell the handle name of the person you are targeting this thread to properly, and there is absolutely no scientific or minimal analytical post-reference corollary to what your OP title is, to what you want to say vs. to what you posted in the opening post. Plain dumb and stupid and idiotic.

prepare for more charts and maybe pics of buildings.

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
RussiaPrussia:

if youre too dumb googling my listened statistics. Not every mapmaker puts the color schemes in the map. You cant understand the title because you arent from apricity.

alb0zfinest
09-17-2013, 02:02 PM
if youre too dumb googling my listened statistics. Not every mapmaker puts the color schemes in the map. You cant understand the title because you arent from apricity.

:D:D:D

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 02:20 PM
on topic reaction:

why is Israel 1st world ?

1) average life expectancy is among the top of the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
2) medical care and education are very well developed as well
3) GDP per capita is rather high, 2012 numbers:

23 Finland 36,395 2012
24 Japan 36,266 2012
25 France 35,548 2012
26 Israel 32,312 2012
27 Korea, South 32,272 2012
55 Russia 17,709 2012

4) ability to solve problems: water shortage ? we build desalination plans etc.

and other factors

Why is Israel NOT a 1st world country ?

1) inability to provide waterproof security, yes is impossible but they can do better
2) religion plays a major role in public life, even of those who are secular. Try to keep your shop opened on a Saturday and you will see what happens. Most sold food is kosher, meaning that a rabbi was paid to inspect it = retarded. Male babies are automatically circumcised due to the retarded religious tradition and so on.

now that latest factor is as 3rd world as it can be. Especially considering that most jews are secular, and are yet unable to overthrow the religious mafia.

Yaakov Elbaz
09-17-2013, 02:33 PM
All the Russian humor is absurd and ridiculous?

Musso
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
While it's surrounded by instability, Israel itself is definitely not a third world country, actually a very developed country with impressive high tech industry and education.

robar
09-17-2013, 02:38 PM
While it's surrounded by instability, Israel itself is definitely not a third world country, actually a very developed country with impressive high tech industry and education.

:picard2:Stop trollin'

asingh
09-17-2013, 02:38 PM

Dumbass.

See below. It took me less time to find those maps, by a "map maker" who had provided index grids then it took me to upload them to an image account. Which "map maker" you used...?

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p777/anilsingh_1977/Freedom_of_Press_zps95c57471.jpg~original

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p777/anilsingh_1977/Failed_State_2013_zps2e9f8e35.jpg~original

Regarding the title, I have known Acquisitor, longer than you have been trolling ABF + TA combined. So shut-up and learn to post properly and not troll always. You and Butler King are two morons who should be banned immediately for your incessant trolling and ridiculous posts and threads.

Yaakov Elbaz
09-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Bill Gates: Israel Represents the Leading Edge of Innovation.
Google's Chairman Eric Schmidt: Israel has the most important high-tech center in the world after the US.

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Dumbass.

See below. It took me less time to find those maps, by a "map maker" who had provided index grids then it took me to upload them to an image account. Which "map maker" you used...?

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p777/anilsingh_1977/Freedom_of_Press_zps95c57471.jpg~original

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p777/anilsingh_1977/Failed_State_2013_zps2e9f8e35.jpg~original

Regarding the title, I have known Acquisitor, longer than you have been trolling ABF + TA combined. So shut-up and learn to post properly and not troll always. You and Butler King are two morons who should be banned immediately for your incessant trolling and ridiculous posts and threads.

dont worry i wont annoy you anymore in your shitty abf forum which is down for months and isnt even able to reestablish all accounts. I am practicably banned thanks to lazy mods like you. Second all i did was copy the image urls from wikipedia articles about the statistics so i dont even know what your imagined with your map maker talk.

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't see myself as a real Belgian, there is a clear distance between me and some locals, and not just in looks.

I dont "care" about Israel, I do try to defend its policies, since Israel is constantly being attacked by a swarm of biased or misinformed people.

so what is your homeland then? New York?

robar
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Bill Gates: Israel Represents the Leading Edge of Innovation.
Google's Chairman Eric Schmidt: Israel has the most important high-tech center in the world after the US.

from U.S. report 2003
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), in an Oct. 3, 2003 report titled "Israel: U.S. Foreign Assistance" stated the following:

"Israel is not economically self-sufficient, and relies on foreign assistance and borrowing to maintain its economy. In addition to U.S. assistance, it is estimated that Israel receives about $1 billion annually through philanthropy, an equal amount through short- and long- term commercial loans, and around $1 billion in Israel Bonds proceeds. Since 1985, the United States has provided $3 billion in grants annually to Israel. Since 1976, Israel has been the largest annual recipient of U.S. foreign assistance, and is the largest cumulative recipient since World War II.

Living on U.S. aid is a 3rd world country characteristics

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 02:56 PM

define "homeland".

in Belgium I feel more or less at home. Much more so than in Ekaterinburg where I came of my mom's womb.

How about yours ?

Musso
09-17-2013, 03:18 PM

Trolling? It's a fact that Israel has a developed high-tech industry and strong educational institutions. No trolling in that. Not to mention, their world famous defense industry that they sell to the world.

robar
09-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Trolling? It's a fact that Israel has a developed high-tech industry and strong educational institutions. No trolling in that. Not to mention, their world famous defense industry that they sell to the world.

;) Lol Israel lives on U.S. aid so stop describing it as some kind of tech-center

blogen
09-17-2013, 03:34 PM
;) Lol Israel lives on U.S. aid so stop describing it as some kind of tech-center

It is not true. The USA complements the Israeli and the Egyptian armed forces' budget. This does not affect the Israeli economy.

robar
09-17-2013, 03:42 PM
It is not true. The USA complements the Israeli and the Egyptian armed forces' budget. This does not affect the Israeli economy.

False.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93United_States_relations#United_Stat es_aid

blogen
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM
False.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93United_States_relations#United_Stat es_aid

Israel does not receive an economic aid already since years. And the earlier economic aid was common with Egypt likewise (Egypt receives the economic aid yet). Carter bought the peace from them in 1978.

robar
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Israel does not receive an economic aid already since years. And the earlier economic aid was common with Egypt likewise (Egypt receives the economic aid yet). Carter bought the peace from them in 1978.

They still get aid for the military..:) And over decades U.S. gave them significant capital transfer..

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
direct aid to Israel has dried up it seems, only military assistance remains, but its not like American dollars flow to Israel, its about providing equipment most of the times. Also its a small price to pay considering half of the American silicon valley has R&D in Israel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/US_aid_to_Israel.gif

asingh
09-17-2013, 04:09 PM
dont worry i wont annoy you anymore in your shitty abf forum which is down for months and isnt even able to reestablish all accounts. I am practicably banned thanks to lazy mods like you. Second all i did was copy the image urls from wikipedia articles about the statistics so i dont even know what your imagined with your map maker talk.

Hope you never come back. You are not banned. Just that we lost a lost of data, and your account was one of them. You should have used your brains before posting, and you were the one to use the term "map maker" first. LOL.

blogen
09-17-2013, 04:13 PM
They still get aid for the military..:) And over decades U.S. gave them significant capital transfer..

And Israel took advantage of the opportunity and from the money developed its industry. But not this the reason of Israeli prosperity, the Jews work hard in Israel.

robar
09-17-2013, 04:21 PM
And Israel took advantage of the opportunity and from the money developed its industry. But not this the reason of Israeli prosperity, the Jews work hard in Israel.
So-so their GDP is 32$k gini is like 40 - too high, so if it is not 3rd world than near to it...

blogen
09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
So-so their GDP is 32$k gini is like 40 - too high, so if it is not 3rd world than near to it...

?

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Hope you never come back. You are not banned. Just that we lost a lost of data, and your account was one of them. You should have used your brains before posting, and you were the one to use the term "map maker" first. LOL.

why not refunding? Like my data or some money. Mods knew me so at least you should unlock my account from have a precedure to be moderated by mods before my posts are published on my new account (http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/member.php/11179-SOYUZA).

ariel
09-17-2013, 04:29 PM
lol

all the people who voted for the third world country dont know much about israel. :picard2:

Musso
09-17-2013, 04:35 PM

It gets US aid, but that's not enough to make it into what it is. You forget also many Jews in US directly support Israel as well.

ariel
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM
It gets US aid, but that's not enough to make it into what it is. You forget also many Jews in US directly support Israel as well.

many american involved in the israeli economy mostly in High Tech .

robar
09-17-2013, 04:51 PM
lol

all the people who voted for the third world country dont know much about israel. :picard2:

:D:p:rolleyes:

Musso
09-17-2013, 04:53 PM
many american involved in the israeli economy mostly in High Tech .

I'm sure that also goes on.

ariel
09-17-2013, 04:54 PM
:D:p:rolleyes:

or they just trolling around :)

Styggnacke
09-17-2013, 05:06 PM
What is your homeland then? You're the one worshiping and spamming about a country, which you have never been to. You're a textbook case of rootlessness.

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 05:43 PM
What is your homeland then? You're the one worshiping and spamming about a country, which you have never been to. You're a textbook case of rootlessness.

look at you, youre quite obsessed with estonia a tiny country

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 05:45 PM
look at you, youre quite obsessed with estonia a tiny country

yes he is obsessed with a tiny country, he opened one topic about a tiny country.

why would anyone be obsessed with a tiny country ? maybe you should teach him the art of being obsessed with something huuuuuge?

RussiaPrussia
09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
yes he is obsessed with a tiny country, he opened one topic about a tiny country.

why would anyone be obsessed with a tiny country ? maybe you should teach him the art of being obsessed with something huuuuuge?
like this?
http://images.profileengine.com/large/426972944/bbw.england

:lol:

glass
09-17-2013, 06:08 PM
direct aid to Israel has dried up it seems, only military assistance remains, but its not like American dollars flow to Israel, its about providing equipment most of the times. Also its a small price to pay considering half of the American silicon valley has R&D in Israel

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/US_aid_to_Israel.gif
if there were not US aid to israel military jews would have to spend "their own" billion dollars

B01AB20
09-17-2013, 06:08 PM
like this?
http://images.profileengine.com/large/426972944/bbw.england

:lol:

ruskypusky ;), I know the ideal place for you...

http://fotos01.levante-emv.com/2013/07/13/646x260/dv001mv004.jpg

benidorm, lots of skycrappers in front of beaches filled with fat people from germany,england ...and lately russians too.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3305/dscn1111i.jpg

nice skycrapper eh?

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 06:18 PM
if there were not US aid to israel military jews would have to spend "their own" billion dollars

they do, american aid is only 20% of the military budget..

glass
09-17-2013, 06:29 PM
they do, american aid is only 20% of the military budget..
let me make it clear, Israel spends 12b now + 3b from americans
If americans were not aiding Israel would spend 15b, that means 3b less on education, healthcare etc.
That is only official aid, jewish diaspora from around world helps Israel for much bigger numbers, i do not deny Israel's somewaht success, but "foreign" aid was one of biggest contributors. Also Israel received many citizens educated abroad which means they got workers of high skills without any money spent on them. Without american and diaspora aid, without educated migrants Israel would be very different.

DO not be hypocrit, you like talk about high resources prices in Russia case, so please talk about high external aid in Israel case. Try to be honest!

Acquisitor
09-17-2013, 06:35 PM
let me make it clear, Israel spends 12b now + 3b from americans
If americans were not aiding Israel would spend 15b, that means 3b less on education, healthcare etc.
That is only official aid, jewish diaspora from around world helps Israel for much bigger numbers, i do not deny Israel's somewaht success, but "foreign" aid was one of biggest contributors. Also Israel received many citizens educated abroad which means they got workers of high skills without any money spent on them. Without american and diaspora aid, without educated migrants Israel would be very different.

DO not be hypocrit, you like talk about high resources prices in Russia case, so please talk about high external aid in Israel case. Try to be honest!

do not call me hypocrite, I'm not.

you are right about the diaspora having business with the home country, but I doubt they are direct cash transfers "to help", of any significance at least.

their high tech sector is quite interesting, but low tech sector is interesting as well. they still sell oranges and such

Szegedist
09-17-2013, 08:27 PM
Doesnt look too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7fB06S8Bq8&noredirect=1

I have spoken to Jews before, who didn't like living in Israel because of the climate.

Shah-Jehan
09-17-2013, 08:29 PM
1st world:bored:although this "world" concept is very flawed...

American_Hispanist
09-17-2013, 11:39 PM
First world, and why:

1. GDP per capita on a PPP basis is estimated to be around 32,312 usd per year
2. Human Development Index rating is rated at very high (16th place, similar rankings to Belgium, Austria, France, etc).
3. Healthy Parliamentary republican form of government
4. 2nd largest number of start-up companies in the world (USA beats Israel on this)
5. 1st place in Research and development investment per-capita.
6. Education in Israel is very competitive in the world.
7. Healthcare is ranked excellent in the world
8. Involvement of all ethnic groups into voting (arab-Israelis are given full citizenship/nationality by israeli government; not a single arab country does that to its Jews)

things that go against 1st world status:

1. Security issue (as acqui said, can do better on that but it has its hands full).
2. Interference of religion into politics (as acqui said, try doing business on a Saturday)
3. Corruption (ranked 39th by Transparency International, in the same level as a lot of second-world nations)
4. Problem of fully integrating Arabs into society (ties into #2 and basic problems in the founding of Israel, but Israel can do much better on this)
5. Economic Freedom Index from Wall Street Journal and Heritage Foundation ranks Israel 51st in its Index, putting it along with many second-world nations

riverman
09-17-2013, 11:54 PM
False.

This doesn't make Israel third world however, different argument.

Scholarios
09-18-2013, 12:50 AM
The Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact don't exist anymore...numbered world's are irrelevant... Right? Israel has a better standard of living than Japan, from what I can gather. But that's just going by impressions, not numbers. And I like Japan...

Philo
09-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Anybody who thinks Israel is 3rd world either has an agenda or is just ignorant. Dumb argument anyway.

Philo
09-18-2013, 12:57 AM
oh I'm going to cry

but! there is one in TA, sure, it's not as pretty as in Moscow but there is one ;)

in fact, I used to live near it, its one ugly building, much uglier than on the pic :)

its called "tower of peace", and looks like a rotten tooth on the face of the city.

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.454025.1355729343!/image/3727499418.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_640/3727499418.jpg

LOL What about Azerieli towers?
http://62.90.138.233/blogim/kmusa/images/2784370_71.jpg

asingh
09-18-2013, 06:21 AM
why not refunding? Like my data or some money. Mods knew me so at least you should unlock my account from have a precedure to be moderated by mods before my posts are published on my new account (http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/member.php/11179-SOYUZA).

Refund for what..? It is not a paid site..! If you can recall, a lot of historical archived data was lost cause the data tables were directly hit in the breach. So your account cannot be unlocked per say, cause it does not exist, nor can it be retrieved/restored since it was purged out along with a lot more data units. So you will have to create a new account and start over, if you wish to be a member on ABF. It is quite simple.

Acquisitor
09-18-2013, 11:36 AM
LOL What about Azerieli towers?
http://62.90.138.233/blogim/kmusa/images/2784370_71.jpg

is that Ramat Gan ? looks familiar

RussiaPrussia
09-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Refund for what..? It is not a paid site..! If you can recall, a lot of historical archived data was lost cause the data tables were directly hit in the breach. So your account cannot be unlocked per say, cause it does not exist, nor can it be retrieved/restored since it was purged out along with a lot more data units. So you will have to create a new account and start over, if you wish to be a member on ABF. It is quite simple.

yeah but i donated money back then, i feel betrayed.

asingh
09-19-2013, 07:17 AM
yeah but i donated money back then, i feel betrayed.

That is a donation, RussiaPrussia and voluntary. Not much can be done about that sorry to say. When the site is up, you can create another handle maybe again with "RussiaPrussia" as the name...!

Maleficent
09-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Second world.