10-13-2009, 12:41 PM
One hour long. Synopsis?

Sol Invictus
10-13-2009, 02:02 PM
One hour long. Synopsis?

From the vid description:

This is a Shockingly Powerful & Biblical message
preached to about 5,000 youth in a day when youth
are appealed to through shallow and worldly means.

At one point in this sermon the 5,000 Youth are
clapping and yelling BUT THEN the preacher makes
a comment that CHANGES THE WHOLE ATMOSPHERE TO
WHERE YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP... As you
can imagine, the preacher was never invited back.

We believe the whole sermon will be a blessing
to many souls.

Baron Samedi
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
From the vid description:

This is a Shockingly Powerful & Biblical message
preached to about 5,000 youth in a day when youth
are appealed to through shallow and worldly means.

At one point in this sermon the 5,000 Youth are
clapping and yelling BUT THEN the preacher makes
a comment that CHANGES THE WHOLE ATMOSPHERE TO
WHERE YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP... As you
can imagine, the preacher was never invited back.

We believe the whole sermon will be a blessing
to many souls.

That still doesn't say much.....

ikki
10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
heh, knew it... pride.

Always gets those who consider themselves saved, christian and somehow deserve a place in heaven.
Although i do keep wondering why he thinks preaching in romania and south america is the way.. christian or sort of anyway already. Oh not protestant.. what a fool.

And still he is of the world, fancy clothing... no sack cloth nor ash in the hair.. should be homeless and living on begging.

Sally
10-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, I'm sure Paul Washer pisses off some reformed and/or Calvinist leaning preachers. In some ways, Washer sounds almost Roman Catholic in how he attacks sola fide. :p

Sol Invictus
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Well, I'm sure Paul Washer pisses off some reformed and/or Calvinist leaning preachers. In some ways, Washer sounds almost Roman Catholic in how he attacks sola fide. :p

Devout Southern Baptist as far as I know. His sermon was absolutely brilliant.

Sally
10-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Devout Southern Baptist as far as I know. His sermon was absolutely brilliant.

Absolutely; I like his treatment of Matthew 7 a great deal.

Sol Invictus
10-14-2009, 03:55 AM
I think it's really sad the way traditional Protestant Christianity, and even Roman Christianity has fallen from such a high society of high morals and high standards to something like what we see today.

We judge ourselves not by God but by ourselves and by our fellow man. As mammals we mimic those we see superior to us and that imprints on us, and what I like and appreciate about scripture is to judge yourself according to something that transcends man, that is higher than man.

That salvation is through faith and faith alone, and not through magical incantation and chants or because you prayed once in your life. I really liked what this gentleman said. His passion hit me really hard and I though fellow believers and even unbelievers would appreciate what he says.

I think it's important to acknowledge though that we are all imperfect and we live in sin and that we can profess to be Christians all we want, but really, what service do we do to our fellow man while proclaiming to be followers of the Messiah? Do we attend Church groups? What have we done to earn the title 'Christian'? Do we help feed and clothe the hungry and needy? Do we help defend the defenseless with our own lives? Are we truly our brothers' keeper?

When was the last time you turned away a friend or stranger who was genuinely in need because you yourself proclaim to not have the means to help what-so-ever. What would Christ have done? What would God see as proper? I'm downright ashamed of the things I've done and couldn't ever imagine the Lord forgiving me for what I've said and what I've done.

ikki
10-15-2009, 01:06 AM
know them by their fruit... kinda struck me as eugenics and racial cleansing :D