PDA

View Full Version : EU police officer killed in Kosovo

KrashNick
09-19-2013, 11:27 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/69930000/jpg/_69930517_eulexpicture.jpg

A European Union police officer has been shot dead while on patrol in Kosovo, the first casualty since the EU took over security in 2008.

The Eulex mission condemned the "act of cowardly violence" and said a murder investigation had been launched.

It said two vehicles, carrying six staff members, came under fire in the Mitrovica area of northern Kosovo. The dead officer has not been named.

The town of Mitrovica is split between ethnic Serbs and Kosovo Albanians.

"At approximately 07:30 local time (05:30GMT), two vehicles carrying six staff members came under fire in the vicinity of Zvecan town," Eulex said.

MAP
"No effort will be spared in bringing the perpetrator to justice."

A spokeswoman for the EU mission, Irina Gudeljevic, told the BBC it was the first time a member of the Eulex force had been killed.

Tensions
The attack took place on the road between Mitrovica - 36km (22 miles) from Kosovo's self-declared capital, Pristina - and the town of Jarinje, Serbian news agency Tanjug reported.

Mitrovica hospital sources told Tanjug the victim had been admitted in an unconscious state with bullet wounds at about 08:00 (06:00 GMT). Doctors tried to revive him for an hour, but without success.

Vehicles from Eulex and local Kosovo police were deployed around the hospital. Police also restricted access to the area of the shooting.

Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, and the Eulex mission took control of police, justice and customs services.

Tensions have since persisted in northern Kosovo, which has a sizeable Serbian population.

However, Kosovo and Serbia signed an EU-brokered deal on normalising relations in April this year, providing considerable autonomy to Serb-majority areas.

Municipal elections are scheduled to take place in Kosovo on 3 November.

KrashNick
09-19-2013, 11:28 AM
The EU police officer was from Lithuania and one thing is sure that Albanians didn't kill him .

Drawing-slim
09-19-2013, 11:50 AM
..one thing is sure that Albanians didn't kill him .

I agree.

Petros Houhoulis
09-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree.

You don't know shit... Let the investigation commence subhuman.

Drawing-slim
09-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Ok ape. I say the killer is not Albanian. Lets make a little bet if you wish.

Kastrioti1443
09-19-2013, 12:05 PM
The killer must have been a mongrel aka serb.

Guapo
09-19-2013, 12:06 PM

you really do have a gambling problem

The.Mask
Who else than a frustrated serb from the North ?

KrashNick

Just tell me one good reason why albanians did it .

Manifest Destiny
09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Who else than a frustrated serb from the North ?

I wouldn't blame them.

Kastrioti1443
09-19-2013, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't blame them.

Ouuuu, please tell us what does an american know about these issues?

Petros Houhoulis
09-19-2013, 12:19 PM

The only bet I could make with you is about the content of your head, which is empty.

Petros Houhoulis
09-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Just tell me one good reason why albanians did it .

I didn't say that an Albanian did it. I simply suggested that you are not detectives investigating the case...

Drawing-slim
09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
The only bet I could make with you is about the content of your head, which is empty.eh, nigger.

Petros Houhoulis
09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
eh, nigger.

Only my dick is a nigger... I am a Macedonian, remember?

The.Mask
09-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I think we should deport serbs from Kosovo to their homeland servia or russia ! This will stop every problems !

Cleitus
09-19-2013, 12:36 PM
This happened in the Serbian part of Mitrovica.

ALSh
09-19-2013, 12:48 PM
This has happened in Zvecan, a serb dominated area.

Guapo
09-19-2013, 01:18 PM
too much testosterone in this thread

Stefan_Dusan
09-19-2013, 01:21 PM
The EU police officer was from Lithuania and one thing is sure that Albanians didn't kill him .

Immediate thoughts went to JustMe ;)

alb0zfinest
09-19-2013, 01:27 PM
I think we should deport serbs from Kosovo to their homeland servia or russia ! This will stop every problems !

No. We don't sink to the level of the Serbs, we are better than that. The thing is most Serbs in Kosova have integrated and recognize Kosovas institutions. The Serbs in the north are the only ones that haven't done that. Problem is KFOR is in charge of what happens in the north right now so we have no control over what should be done.

We have given them many reserved spots for them in government even though they are only 8% of the population (maybe less). We have given them schools in their own language, have not forced them to learn Albanian, the t.v channels when reporting news report it in Albanian and Serbian, We have given them equal rights, even a few privileges. And if they aren't content with this I don't know what more they want.

daedal1
09-19-2013, 01:38 PM

Wouldn't you have to also send albanians back to the caucasus or anatolia?

/Joking

justme
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
There are people in kosovo who are against Eulex, but these people are only people who don't want peace in kosovo.

Gorštak
09-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Maybe some highlander didn't came down in the town for a while so he thought it's Yugoslavia People's Army.

Skerdilaid
09-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I can't believe some westerners actually endorse this type of crime! Most of these thugs are ex war criminals that are big into smuggling drugs and what not, but use the situations in mitrovica so they have safe heaven. Serbs that did not participate in the war are still living in their houses all over Kosova without even blinking an eye, because no one kills them for nothing.

I think EU should let Albanian police to control this region and save their members from these thugs.

Stefan_Dusan
09-19-2013, 09:09 PM
I think EU should let Albanian police to control this region and save their members from these thugs.

Letting Albanian police in region would provoke war as the Albanian police would not be able to control situation. We saw this way back with border checkpoints when Albanian police was shot dead and then car bombs were set off in south Mitrovica. The Kosovo military would have to be mobilized and tested for first time and brought into the north and then it remains to see just how much it would destabilize region.

justme
09-19-2013, 09:15 PM
I can't believe some westerners actually endorse this type of crime! Most of these thugs are ex war criminals that are big into smuggling drugs and what not, but use the situations in mitrovica so they have safe heaven. Serbs that did not participate in the war are still living in their houses all over Kosova without even blinking an eye, because no one kills them for nothing.

What do you want to do...? Cause world war three?!

The.Mask
09-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Wouldn't you have to also send albanians back to the caucasus or anatolia?

/Joking

Never joke with Albanians...Not even in internet...

Remember when Borat wanted to be albanian but he shited in his pants and he became kazakh.

daedal1
09-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Never joke with Albanians...Not even in internet...

Remember when Borat wanted to be albanian but he shited in his pants and he became kazakh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4IBSuGIFE8

He chose kazakhstan as a lot people didn't know anything about it and still don't, at least in America. He couldn't do the schtick as an albanian post-NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, when albanians were televised everywhere.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-19-2013, 10:45 PM

Yeah I am sure it's not only now a "war hero" but probably common thug caught in the act somehow.

Skerdilaid
09-20-2013, 02:00 AM
Letting Albanian police in region would provoke war as the Albanian police would not be able to control situation. We saw this way back with border checkpoints when Albanian police was shot dead and then car bombs were set off in south Mitrovica. The Kosovo military would have to be mobilized and tested for first time and brought into the north and then it remains to see just how much it would destabilize region.

EU and NATO intentionally left the Serbs in the north of Mitrovica armed and they did not bother to establish rule of law in this region. Did they do it intentionally, who fucking knows but it sure as hell seems like it. Most of these Serbs are not actually from the region either, they are Serbs from Croatia and Bosnia. I know a lot of Serbs even you Stefan try to portray them as tough and nationalistic, but in reality they are just scumbags that need to be put out!

There is no need for military to get involved as they are quite few in number, remember even the decent Serbs of Mitrovica are held hostages by these thugs. Send the special police and in a matter of week they all would be gone. The last incident happened because NATO limits the Kosova Police access, and the cop got shot from distance with a sniper (typical Serb cheap shot). If they had access to peruse them they wouldn't be hanging around there, I tell you that much.

Skerdilaid
09-20-2013, 02:05 AM
What do you want to do...? Cause world war three?!

Don't worry you will be fine in Lithuania:p

Deimos
09-20-2013, 02:12 AM
I feel sorry for the deceased guy and his family but this should serve as a lesson to the International community because this is what you get when you give Serbs too much comfort, leaving them outside the law domain.

Stefan_Dusan
09-20-2013, 02:18 AM
EU and NATO intentionally left the Serbs in the north of Mitrovica armed and they did not bother to establish rule of law in this region. Did they do it intentionally, who fucking knows but it sure as hell seems like it. Most of these Serbs are not actually from the region either, they are Serbs from Croatia and Bosnia. I know a lot of Serbs even you Stefan try to portray them as tough and nationalistic, but in reality they are just scumbags that need to be put out!

There is no need for military to get involved as they are quite few in number, remember even the decent Serbs of Mitrovica are held hostages by these thugs. Send the special police and in a matter of week they all would be gone. The last incident happened because NATO limits the Kosova Police access, and the cop got shot from distance with a sniper (typical Serb cheap shot). If they had access to peruse them they wouldn't be hanging around there, I tell you that much.

The last situation happened when Kosovo police tried to establish their rule of law in the region and quickly escalated and NATO had to intervene to prevent Kosovo circa 1998-1999 but this time with roles reversed. It's true that Kosovo Serbs in north are few in number and can be crushed, but only through military action. And that military action would destabilize Serbia as Serbia has schizophrenic relations with Kosovo.

But going back to those Serbs in north, very few of them are from Croatian Krajina. Most Croatian Serbs who settled in 1995 left in 1999, they have no connection in Kosovo and never will and have no use to fight for land they see foreign and for cultural values they don't possess. Some of them are you as describe, mafia, drug dealers who have no place in Serbia and use Kosovo as their grounds. Second group were involved in the war in such way their irreparably damaged both in Albanian Kosovo and Serbia north. For example 30 something members of the Tomashevci are wanted by Kosovo for targeted assassinations in Drenica. This is Kosovo Serb family. But all this is not here and there

And as to sniper shot, I remember back in early 90s when first Serbia policeman was sniped dead in Drenica by some Albanian resistance fighter. It was big news, and my father responded: We would do the same with occupiers. So now Serbs are doing the same. That's our honor code which holds us hostage. The weapons these Serbs get is from other areas from Kosovo and they're reacting to targeting arrests by EULEX. This was mirror situation in Drenica. But I never condemn Albanians for fighting and you shouldn't Serbs either, true warriors respect fighting spirit in each other.

Here is old speech by Kosovo Serb some long ago but mentality is there, maybe you will understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAskRaC4ptA

Skerdilaid
09-20-2013, 03:50 AM
The last situation happened when Kosovo police tried to establish their rule of law in the region and quickly escalated and NATO had to intervene to prevent Kosovo circa 1998-1999 but this time with roles reversed. It's true that Kosovo Serbs in north are few in number and can be crushed, but only through military action. And that military action would destabilize Serbia as Serbia has schizophrenic relations with Kosovo.

But going back to those Serbs in north, very few of them are from Croatian Krajina. Most Croatian Serbs who settled in 1995 left in 1999, they have no connection in Kosovo and never will and have no use to fight for land they see foreign and for cultural values they don't possess. Some of them are you as describe, mafia, drug dealers who have no place in Serbia and use Kosovo as their grounds. Second group were involved in the war in such way their irreparably damaged both in Albanian Kosovo and Serbia north. For example 30 something members of the Tomashevci are wanted by Kosovo for targeted assassinations in Drenica. This is Kosovo Serb family. But all this is not here and there

And as to sniper shot, I remember back in early 90s when first Serbia policeman was sniped dead in Drenica by some Albanian resistance fighter. It was big news, and my father responded: We would do the same with occupiers. So now Serbs are doing the same. That's our honor code which holds us hostage. The weapons these Serbs get is from other areas from Kosovo and they're reacting to targeting arrests by EULEX. This was mirror situation in Drenica. But I never condemn Albanians for fighting and you shouldn't Serbs either, true warriors respect fighting spirit in each other.

Here is old speech by Kosovo Serb some long ago but mentality is there, maybe you will understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAskRaC4ptA

NATO is letting Serbs keep their arms and is also allowing them to go berzek in the civilians that live in that region. NATO controlls all the borders yet these Serbs move freely through the border and contraband from Drugs to human lives. Albanian police wanted to control the the border crossing with Serbia and the cop got shot there. I have never heard of this Tomashevci?

I get what you saying homie but the situations are not comparable! Albanians only started shooting at the Serb police because as they say "the knife had hit the bone", situation was unbearable. We had no rights whatsoever, a Serb cop would walk into a house beat the male rape the women etc. and he would be considered a good cop. In other hand Serbs now in Kosova have all the rights they want, no one is chasing them around to arrest them nor to kill them. So it seems they only are butt hurt because these scums that wonder in Mitrovica now days used to be Nachallniks during Milos governance. They are not fighting for any cause because there is no cause to begin with!

The shooting you mentioned in Drenica happened in 93 in down town Gllogovac. I remember it like today as I was only couple hundred meters away playing soccer as a little kid. They did not shot with sniper as you described, but got close in meters. There used to be a sweet shop and burektore owned by a Gorani right in the bus station that was the main intersection for Prishtina and Serbica, and cops used to hang around there all night drinking and shooting like they are in Cacak. I have learned later that the group that shot them actually told the Gorani to close the shop because the cops were beating a lot of people in the intersection while drunk. Gorani dude was quite Serb himself, so told them to fuck of or he would shoot them. The next day these guys came in long coats with AK and killed 2 cops wounded 5, and they also wounded the Gorani.

I do admire the fighting spirit but I can't stand gangsters, and these guys are gangsters! If they were oppressed or their living was unbearable then I would definitely understand their cause.

Stefan_Dusan
09-20-2013, 04:47 AM
NATO is letting Serbs keep their arms and is also allowing them to go berzek in the civilians that live in that region. NATO controlls all the borders yet these Serbs move freely through the border and contraband from Drugs to human lives. Albanian police wanted to control the the border crossing with Serbia and the cop got shot there. I have never heard of this Tomashevci?

NATO is not exactly letting Serbs run free as it's primarily EULEX/Nato troops that get hurt with these weapons. The border checkpoints are backed up and people get shacked down for any sign of anything. It's well patrolled. But of course situation is constantly volatile and so far NATO only does sporadic and limited crackdowns to keep region stable and on EU course. Tomashevci are behind this rise of tensions as Kosovo government wants them arrested and tried for murder and war crimes. They were Kosovo Serbian family who lived in Drenica or on outskirts and the family (about 30 or so members put on arrest list, all brothers, first and second cousins and of Tomashevci clan) participated in war and are probably hiding in north. On top of that other Kosovo Serbs are being arrested both by Serbia and by EULEX, one was arrested for using the barricades. But as you know, northern border is hilly/mountainous. People know and with connections can smuggle anything there but most of the weapons come from other areas of Kosovo as war left lots of weapons floating around. Do you remember when Kosovo Serb got angry at his neighbor and threw grenade injuring his two children? That's just how much weapons exist and it's beyond police ability to stamp out, to do so Kosovo military would need to come in. You and I know what chain reactions that would set around everywhere.

The shooting you mentioned in Drenica happened in 93 in down town Gllogovac. I remember it like today as I was only couple hundred meters away playing soccer as a little kid. They did not shot with sniper as you described, but got close in meters. There used to be a sweet shop and burektore owned by a Gorani right in the bus station that was the main intersection for Prishtina and Serbica, and cops used to hang around there all night drinking and shooting like they are in Cacak. I have learned later that the group that shot them actually told the Gorani to close the shop because the cops were beating a lot of people in the intersection while drunk. Gorani dude was quite Serb himself, so told them to fuck of or he would shoot them. The next day these guys came in long coats with AK and killed 2 cops wounded 5, and they also wounded the Gorani.

I do admire the fighting spirit but I can't stand gangsters, and these guys are gangsters! If they were oppressed or their living was unbearable then I would definitely understand their cause.

My memory is not good but I remember some Serbian policeman, off duty, going for jog at night or morning and was ambushed and killed. His murder was never found but some indications he was killed because "No Serb policeman should feel so comfortable on Albanian land as to jog like he's in Serbian forest" or something like that. But I wanted you to watch video because you understand, Serbs are shooting at primarily NATO/EULEX because they don't want them in North Kosovo. Expression is to live side by side Albanians but with separate Municipality. As he says in video: "We will live side by side Albanians easy as we did for hundreds of years." His statements were to NATO killings of Serbs, he makes no mention of Albanians in this way. In end that's what Albanians want to, for EU to leave, for UN to leave, for NATO to leave. Isn't it true?

Anyways that hymn they put in video is old Kosovo hymn sung to babies. Literally it's about the growth of trees. Saying grow faster, grow faster so you survive the winter. But it's sung to baby and means: grow fast, you don't have time to be kid, because you will need to fight.

Skerdilaid
09-20-2013, 05:05 AM
Stefan_Dusan;1920766]NATO is not exactly letting Serbs run free as it's primarily EULEX/Nato troops that get hurt with these weapons. The border checkpoints are backed up and people get shacked down for any sign of anything. It's well patrolled. But of course situation is constantly volatile and so far NATO only does sporadic and limited crackdowns to keep region stable and on EU course. Tomashevci are behind this rise of tensions as Kosovo government wants them arrested and tried for murder and war crimes. They were Kosovo Serbian family who lived in Drenica or on outskirts and the family (about 30 or so members put on arrest list, all brothers, first and second cousins and of Tomashevci clan) participated in war and are probably hiding in north. On top of that other Kosovo Serbs are being arrested both by Serbia and by EULEX, one was arrested for using the barricades. But as you know, northern border is hilly/mountainous. People know and with connections can smuggle anything there but most of the weapons come from other areas of Kosovo as war left lots of weapons floating around. Do you remember when Kosovo Serb got angry at his neighbor and threw grenade injuring his two children? That's just how much weapons exist and it's beyond police ability to stamp out, to do so Kosovo military would need to come in. You and I know what chain reactions that would set around everywhere.

Well EULEX/NATO actually disarmed most Albanians and only for a hand gun they throw you in jail now days. They should do the same with the Serbs in the North, I mean when there is no guns people will negotiate. The whole of Balkans should get disarmed! Serbs did not live in Drenica, and the Tomashevci are not from Drenica either. I will google his name as I want to know who he is.

My memory is not good but I remember some Serbian policeman, off duty, going for jog at night or morning and was ambushed and killed. His murder was never found but some indications he was killed because "No Serb policeman should feel so comfortable on Albanian land as to jog like he's in Serbian forest" or something like that. But I wanted you to watch video because you understand, Serbs are shooting at primarily NATO/EULEX because they don't want them in North Kosovo. Expression is to live side by side Albanians but with separate Municipality. As he says in video: "We will live side by side Albanians easy as we did for hundreds of years." His statements were to NATO killings of Serbs, he makes no mention of Albanians in this way. In end that's what Albanians want to, for EU to leave, for UN to leave, for NATO to leave. Isn't it true?

Anyways that hymn they put in video is old Kosovo hymn sung to babies. Literally it's about the growth of trees. Saying grow faster, grow faster so you survive the winter. But it's sung to baby and means: grow fast, you don't have time to be kid, because you will need to fight.

There were two shooting in Gllogovac before 97 but both were in similar fashion at the same intersection mentioned. As I said earlier Only one Serbs lived in Glogovac and his last name was Bulatovic, he was a UDB agent. He had a very bad reputation before the war torturing people, and he got killed by UCK during the war, so I am not sure of who you talking about.

I only said that NATO should leave so we can fight it out, but in my heart I want them to stay because killing each other is not going to benefit either group. Serbs in Kosova are a minority that have quite a bit of benefits more then any other minority anywhere in Balkans, so no matter what they say they will never again control the majority Albanian population like they did in Yugo! I did not watch the whole video as it got my blood boiling;)

Stefan_Dusan
09-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Not one but many:

Mihaljo, Vese, Slavko Vujadin, Igor, Stojadin, Vasilije, Milosh, Radoslav, Nenad, Djoko, Boshko, Zivorad all of Tomashevic clan. Related clan was Rajkovic, Kovachevic, Mojshic, Lazarevic and some others I can't remember. I share connection with them through Kovachevic I need to consult someone to fill out. 30+ people of this family were identified. They might not have been in Drenica exactly but near it, but before 1999 there were few Serb families who did live in Drenica. Most were kicked out bu 1997-1998 but came back 1998-1999 and left 1999. Of course Drenica is overwhelming Albanian just like North Mitrovica is overwhelming Serbian but some Albanian families still live there.

Skerdilaid
09-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Not one but many:

Mihaljo, Vese, Slavko Vujadin, Igor, Stojadin, Vasilije, Milosh, Radoslav, Nenad, Djoko, Boshko, Zivorad all of Tomashevic clan. Related clan was Rajkovic, Kovachevic, Mojshic, Lazarevic and some others I can't remember. I share connection with them through Kovachevic I need to consult someone to fill out. 30+ people of this family were identified. They might not have been in Drenica exactly but near it, but before 1999 there were few Serb families who did live in Drenica. Most were kicked out bu 1997-1998 but came back 1998-1999 and left 1999. Of course Drenica is overwhelming Albanian just like North Mitrovica is overwhelming Serbian but some Albanian families still live there.

Stefan I know Drenica in the palm of my hands and there is not even a square meter that I haven't walked or been. The only Serbs that lived in Drenica were the Colonists that were brought after WW1 and they were all kicked out in WW2. The only place I could think is maybe somewhere north of Serbica but that's out of Drenica's territory, or the western side which is Klina. Klina has a lot of Catholic Albanians and I don't know if any Serbs live there, but even Klina is not Drenica territory.

Stefan_Dusan
09-20-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm thinking of tiny village, poljha or maybe pollazhe or some spelling in Serbian/Albanian. I really couldn't tell you where Drenica begins and ends without map but I know this town is near Glogovac. Most Serbs (the very few who lived before 1999) lived in isolated villages not in cities. But even in Srbica I think there were couple hundred Serbs before 1999.

Skerdilaid
09-20-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm thinking of tiny village, poljha or maybe pollazhe or some spelling in Serbian/Albanian. I really couldn't tell you where Drenica begins and ends without map but I know this town is near Glogovac. Most Serbs (the very few who lived before 1999) lived in isolated villages not in cities. But even in Srbica I think there were couple hundred Serbs before 1999.

Gllogovac has 31 villages and I know all one by one, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that no Serb lived in the Gllogovac Komuna. There is a village called Polac and Polluzha but no Serb lived there either and they are located in between Gllogovac and Srbica. Shaban Polluzha comes from this village Polluzha. The only Serbs that lived in Drenica are some monks that live in a monastery north of Serbica, other than that I can't think of any place close where Serbs lived. The closest Serbs to Gllogovac would be Lipjan and Kosova polje Serbs.

Nurr
09-22-2013, 09:59 PM
How can you know that?:picard1:

Nurr
09-22-2013, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=The.Mask;1918978]I think we should deport serbs from Kosovo to their homeland servia or russia ! This will stop every problems ![/QUOTE
Why should deport Albanien in homeland Caucasus:thumb001:

alb0zfinest
09-22-2013, 10:06 PM
I think we should deport serbs from Kosovo to their homeland servia or russia ! This will stop every problems ![/QUOTE
Why should deport Albanien in homeland Caucasus:thumb001:

O gosh and you are 37 year sold? :picard2:

Drawing-slim
09-22-2013, 11:44 PM
How can you know that?:picard1:
Don't question a highlander.