PDA

View Full Version : Croatian Collegium Illyricum was founded in 1580 in Loreto

Sisak
09-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Collegium Illyricum in Loreto was founded in 1580, intended to educate Croatian youth, with 30-36 students. It was acting with interruptions until 1860. During three centuries about 1,000 Croatian students were educated there. The most outstanding of them was Bartol Kasic (1571-1650), author of the first Croatian grammar (Rome, 1604).

More informations here:
http://books.google.hr/books?id=wEF5oN5erE0C&pg=PA429&lpg=PA429&dq=Collegium+Illyricum+in+Loreto&source=bl&ots=lcI2ESMiHK&sig=l9dujGMXzUCvIOF8ryiLZzdoKzI&hl=hr&sa=X&ei=NSk7Uq_jFIjFtQbJnYDICA&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q=Collegium%20Illyricum%20in%20Loreto&f=false

Sisak
09-20-2013, 02:18 PM
This is just one more proof that Croats, Serbs and Bosniaks are only real Illyrians.

justme
11-12-2013, 07:48 PM
This is just one more proof that Croats, Serbs and Bosniaks are only real Illyrians.
Ahahahahahahaha yeah... Lol... Keep dreaming you are the only "real" Illyrians... With the existence of Albanians... Good luck with that.

Lemon Kush
11-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Illyrians don't exist anymore!!!!

Sisak
11-12-2013, 08:41 PM

Give me proof of it

justme
11-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Yes they do... Albanians are illyrian, and some South Slavs, Greeks including Italians, Turkish people.. And Maybe Austrians have some illyrian in them.

miscellaneous
11-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Only Illyrians can be illyrians. What kind of topics are these?

Albanians are albanians, croatians are croatians etc.

justme
11-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Only Illyrians can be illyrians. What kind of topics are these?

Albanians are albanians, croatians are croatians etc.
Albanians ARE Illyrian. What kind of brain do you have?... Ow wait.. Shit! I forgot your Slavic... So it hurst to know Albanians are Illyrian, that's why you refute it.

Rudel
11-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Illyricum refers to the ancient geographic region of Illyria, like Gallicum would refer to France. There's nothing ethnic about it.

Albanians ARE Illyrian. What kind of brain do you have?... Ow wait.. Shit! I forgot your Slavic... So it hurst to know Albanians are Illyrian, that's why you refute it.
Albanians are Albanian. That's why they're called Albanians.

Krampus
11-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Illyricum.

justme
11-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Illyricum refers to the ancient geographic region of Illyria, like Gallicum would refer to France. There's nothing ethnic about it.

Albanians are Albanian. That's why they're called Albanians.
Albanians are Albanians who are Illyrians the term Illyria or Illyrian simply means free people or land of freedom in Albanian.

miscellaneous
11-18-2013, 12:04 AM

It hurts to know you're illyrian? Honestly I don't give a single a fuck. You think attributing yourselves these etiquettes makes you look any better? Albania???

The simple fact that you try so vigorously to convince and impose such theory on others is in itself the proof that such thing ain't accepted, but seriously your behaviour makes it even worst for you. I am starting to agree with those who claim albanians are the only one talking good about albanians.

justme
11-18-2013, 12:06 AM
It hurts to know you're illyrian? Honestly I don't give a single a fuck. You think attributing yourselves these etiquettes makes you look any better? Albania???

The simple fact that you try so vigorously to convince and impose such theory on others is in itself the proof that such thing ain't accepted, but seriously your behaviour makes it even worst for you. I am starting to agree with those who claim albanians are the only one talking good about albanians.

It also hurts to know you are Slavic and not Thracian.

Sisak
11-18-2013, 12:08 AM
just continue to discuss....

miscellaneous
11-18-2013, 12:08 AM
It also hurts to know you are Slavic and not Thracian.

Well I'm sorry you're so concerned about bulgarians that you even feel hurt.

justme
11-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Well I'm sorry you're so concerned about bulgarians that you even feel hurt.
Oh... I'm not hurt... It's you that's hurt... Slavo boy...

Apis
11-18-2013, 12:10 AM

You've just opened Pandora's box.

miscellaneous
11-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Oh... I'm not hurt... It's you that's hurt... Slavo boy...

I know I know, for you albanians it is very important to have the last word. Even if you got nothing concrete to say still these little things are very important for you.

You take it.

justme
11-18-2013, 12:13 AM
I know I know, for you albanians it is very important to have the last word. Even if you got nothing concrete to say still these little things are very important for you.

You take it.typical...

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 12:13 AM
:lol00002::lol00002::lol00002:

Apis
11-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Historians have already delved into the theory of the origin of Albanians. The idea that Albanians descend directly from Illyrians is false. The central theory revolves around Albanians migrating from the Caucasus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Albania) and simply mixing with the Illyrians. Albanians seem to overlook this detail and claim they're direct descendants, which makes little to no sense.

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Historians have already delved into the theory of the origin of Albanians. The idea that Albanians descend directly from Illyrians is false. The central theory revolves around Albanians migrating from the Caucasus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Albania) and simply mixing with the Illyrians. Albanians seem to overlook this detail and claim they're direct descendants, which makes little to no sense.

Ok serb
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/common_origin_croats_serbs_jats.php

Krampus
11-18-2013, 12:19 AM

Its just selfhating Slavs.

alb0zfinest
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM

You take it.

lol yeah ok :rolleyes:

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Its just selfhating Slavs.
Yes I noticed

Apis
11-18-2013, 12:24 AM

Trust me, we all do the same when we hear Albanians mention the word Illyria.

1. The Illyrian language was centum (as shown by the Messapian fragments), but the Albanians language is satem.
2. Modern Greeks can understand ancient Greek (at least partially). Italians can understand Latin. Albanians cannot understand a single word of Illyrian.
3. There is no evidence of any ancient Greek influence in the Albanian language. This suggests they never made contact which would be impossible considering their geographical location.

Krampus
11-18-2013, 12:34 AM

This theory has been proven false multiple times and it is a known anti-Albanian hoax. One day we're Turks, the next day were from teh Caucasus? More bullshit you Servs always bring up. We have absolutely Illyrian blood. From our phenotypes, customs, traditions, culture, language etc etc and that is undeniable. Aside from Caucasian Albania being called "Albania" is there any other evidence were from the Caucasus? Thought so. I can almost guarantee you will say something like "you are non-european".

armenianbodyhair
11-18-2013, 12:34 AM
http://cdn.politicalhotwire.com/images/smilies/NEGATIVE/deadhorse.gif

Pjeter Pan
11-18-2013, 12:35 AM

1. The Illyrian language was centum (as shown by the Messapian fragments), but the Albanians language is satem.
2. Modern Greeks can understand ancient Greek (at least partially). Italians can understand Latin. Albanians cannot understand a single word of Illyrian.
3. There is no evidence of any ancient Greek influence in the Albanian language. This suggests they never made contact which would be impossible considering their geographical location.

I included like 10 sources about the Illyrian-Albanain connection. None of them are from Albanian historians btw.

#Source 1
Many lines of reasoning convince linguistic scholars that the Albanian people and language originated with the ancient lllyrians.
1. The national name Albania is the name Albanoi, an Illyrian tribe mentioned by the geographer Ptolemy of Alexandria about A.D 150.

2. The Albanoi territory then centered at Albanopoli, between Durrės and Kruja, the heartland of modern Albania.

3. Four peoples speaking their own languages lived in the Balkans in ancient times: the Greeks in the south, the Macedonians in the center, the Thracians in the east and the lllyrians in the west. Today Albanian is spoken in most of the same region where Illyrian was spoken in ancient times.

4. Those few language elements which are known as Illyrian can be explained through the Albanian language, and no other.

5. A linguistic comparison of Albanian with ancient Greek and Latin indicates that Albanian was formed as a language at an earlier period than those other ancient languages.

6. Archeological and historical data witness to the cultural continuity from the lllyrians to the Albanians. Continual contact with other peoples and languages has left its traces in the Albanian vocabulary. Foreign words have been borrowed from Greek, Latin, Slavic and Turkish, yet Albanian has been preserved as a separate language, its grammatical system remaining virtually unchanged.

7. Linguists point out many technical similarities between Illyrian and Albanian words.

8. Borrowings from northern Greek and from Latin incorporated in the Albanian language reflect the well-known political and cultural pressures on Illyrian territory. Linguistic studies indicate that Albanian developed from Illyrian as a distinct language between the fourth and sixth centuries A.D. Thus ancient borrowings of Greek and Latin vocabulary could not have moved directly into Albanian, but into Illyrian, through which these words entered into Albanian. Historical linguists point out that these borrowings from ancient Greek were in the Dorian dialect and penetrated into Illyrian through Corinthian commercial colonies in Corfu, along the Adriatic coast, and through border towns. Latin borrowings came later during the lengthy Roman occupation (NAlb 1986, 3:32). These ancient Greek and Roman contacts occurred precisely in the territory of old Illyria, leaving their traces in the Illyrian language from which they later passed into the Albanian language.

9. Illyrian toponyms, ancient Illyrian place names for cities, rivers and mountains, are preserved today in the Albanian language, and only in Albanian. The names of Balkan villages usually lasted only a few centuries,
for villages were often destroyed altogether during wartime. Cities lasted longer, so their names were usually older. But rivers, lakes and mountains endured through the centuries, and their ancient names usually continued in use. Even new inhabitants usually adopted the old names, just as American colonists adopted many old Indian place names in the United States. Accordingly, Albanian linguists have found more than 300 names of ancient cities like Shkodra, rivers like the Drin and mountains like Tomor which were mentioned by ancient Greek and Roman geographers or historians and which are still in use in Albania. Scholars show how the rules of historical phonetics explain any changes of spelling over the centuries from Illyrian to Albanian, as Scupi to Shkup, Scodra to Shkodra, Lissus to Lezha, Durrachium to Durrės, Drinus to Drin, Mathis to Mat. Certainly the Albanian language is derived from the Illyrian (Cabej 1985, 42-62).

10. Illyrian proper names continue in use among present-day Albanians. Many of the individual Illyrian names of persons were preserved on epitaphs and inscriptions on coins. Then the names of other people like the Illyrian rulers Agron and Teuta were mentioned by Greek or Roman historians. The Albanian scholar Mahri Domi claims to have identified 800 of these (Liria 15 October 1982; 1 November 1983).

11. The numerous marine terms for sea plants and animals in the Albanian language show that these people lived along the coast on what would correspond with Illyrian territory (AT 1983, 1:44-45).

12. Then there are other words in Albanian which Greek or Roman writers long ago explicitly identified as Illyrian in origin.
Down through the centuries many once great peoples have been either destroyed or assimilated by others so as to disappear altogether. But the Illyrian people with their distinctive dress, music, customs and especially their language have persisted in their shrinking territory along the western shore of the Balkan Peninsula. With no record or tradition even hinting at their extermination or assimilation or migration, one can only assume their unbroken historical continuity. There seems to be no question but that the present-day Albanians are the historically uninterrupted descendants of the lllyrians who were known to have inhabited that same region in early Greek and Roman times."
--The Albanians: an ethnic history from prehistoric times to the present, Edwin E. Jacques – 1995, pg.37 – 38

#Source 2
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7505/kladasuprising2or0.png
#Source 3
http://www.forumishqiptar.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105558&stc=1&d=1213141840

#Source 4
"I would now like to turn to the actual history of the Albanians and of the country they inhabit. They are the descendents of the ancient Illyrians, whereas their neighbours, the Vlachs, whose ancient history I will deal with later, are the children of the Thracians. I will try to prove these statements as best I can."

Johann Thunmann:
On the History and Language of the Albanians and Vlachs

#Source 5
The Albanians, or more accurately their ancestors the Illyrians, "appeared" in the western Balkans around 1200 BC (or BCE, Before Christian Era). More precisely, we can say that around 1200 BC the archaeological record shows a "discontinuity," a significant break in material culture during a short span of time. Objects left in graves and the structure of grave sites changed. Nineteenth century writers explained this (and similar events, especially among the Greeks) by describing supposed waves of Indo-European invaders: men, women and children travelling in wagons out of the steppes, driving their herds before them and wiping out the existing population. Modern scholars argue for scenarios with less drama. Alterations in burials can mean a total change in population, but they can also mean that an existing population adopted new customs, with or without the arrival of large numbers of new people. For example, future archaelogists should not see the sudden appearance of Japanese VCRs in late twentieth century American landfills as evidence of migration or invasion, but only of trade and cultural contact. The same thing is true in Balkan prehistory. In 1200 BC, people in the Western Balkans took up the cultural practices that we call "Illyrian". Some new people probably entered the area, and some of the old population probably remained.

After 1200 BC, classical Greek records describe the Illyrians as a non-Greek people to the north and west. The Illyrians left no "historic" or written records of their own. We have to use linguistic and archaeological evidence to trace their story. Based on this evidence, scholars will say that the Illyrians inhabited the region which today makes up Albania and the former Yugoslavia. Their descendants have remained in the mountains of present-day Albania continuously since 1200 BC: today's Albanians are in fact linked to the Illyrians. In the rest of former Illyria, other peoples took their place.

Albanian is an Indo-European language, but one without relatives; it is believed to be the only surviving language descended from ancient Illyrian. The linguistic evidence is not simple. Modern Albanian is obviously very different from the language of its neighbors, but we have nothing written in the language before the year 1555 of the Christian era, unlike Greek and the Slavic languages, for which we have classical and/or medieval writings dating back to a very early period. Direct linguistic descent is easy to trace in those kinds of records, but not for Illyrian/Albanian. The linguistic evidence here relies on fields like "onomastics", the study of place names and the names for everyday objects, and complex reasoning from meagre facts.

Archaeology is the second source for Albanian prehistory. Scholars can trace a continuous evolution of burial goods, ornamentation on costumes, and cultural practices (deduced from material remains) from 1200 BC forward to the historic Middle Ages. Based on that, and on the lack of recorded migration to the area by other groups, scholars believe the Illyrians became the modern Albanians.

The Albanians today number about five million. Three and a half million live within Albania, another 1.7 million in the adjacent Kosovo region of Serbia, and half a million in the new state known as the "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia." Historically most Albanians have been Muslim since the time of the Ottoman conquest, with Eastern Orthodox and smaller Catholic minorities. The Kosovo region is a good example of competing historical claims to Balkan lands. Kosovo is a region of great cultural significance for Serbia, the site of important medieval events. At the same time, it has a majority Albanian population today, and the Illyrian evidence says that proto-Albanians were there long before the Serbs. Both nations claim it. In cases like this, scholarship is mixed with nationalist politics: that is why controversy accompanies history here."
-- Twenty-Five Lectures on Modern Balkan History
Lecture 1: Geography and ethnic geography of the Balkans to 1500

#source 6
"The inhabitants, estimated at about a million, form a peculiar people, the Albanians or Arnauts; they call themselves Skyptears. They are descendants of the ancient Illyrians"
===The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864-1933), Wednesday 23 October 1878, page 3

#Source 7

"but the interior and upper regions are peopled by barbarians … (among whom) are the Albanians, an Illyrian race"
--Donald M. Nicol, “The Despotate of Epiros (1267 -1479), p. 192-3

#Source 9
"The Albanians are autochthonous because flow directly from the Illyrians, as do the people of Macedonia and Epirus, all stemming from prehistoric Pelasgians”.
-- from Albanische Studien by von Hahn

#source 10
"However, we note that linguistic heritage from the ancient languages ​​of the Balkans, such as the Illyrians and Thracians, are closely linked to the Albanian language"
--Reallexikon der Vorgeschichte by Norbert joki

Apis
This theory has been proven false multiple times and it is a known anti-Albanian hoax. One day we're Turks, the next day were from teh Caucasus? More bullshit you Servs always bring up. We have absolutely Illyrian blood. From our phenotypes, customs, traditions, culture, language etc etc and that is undeniable. Aside from Caucasian Albania being called "Albania" is there any other evidence were from the Caucasus? Thought so. I can almost guarantee you will say something like "you are non-european".

It's one thing to have Illyrian blood and another to be direct descendants.

Krampus

At least half of the words of Illyrian were similar to Albanian. I know some examples but I do not feel like looking for them right now.

Krampus
11-18-2013, 12:40 AM
http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/1475690/1/
http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/4711692/1/

justme
11-21-2013, 10:15 AM

Illyrian is actually NIETHER centum or Satem, like Hittite language it doesn't belong to either, and yes Albanians are illyrian, sorry to hurt your poor feelings.

La Misse
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM

First of all tell me what the f. you know about Albanian language, what that the hell do your ass know about Modern Greek and Ancient Greek? Why don't you get the f our of here if ur such a big idiot?

Ignorance seems to be in serb's people blood. First af all you have no idea about anceint greek. Ask me for both of them.
This is my 5year studing Ancient Greek at school you idiot and even thought i speak Moden Greek perfectly i could not understand a single word. Go and ask a greek if im wrong and don't post your bullshits here.

As about Illyrian language don't talk, better go open any book that talks about serb immigrantion from Iran-Siberia...etc then talking about European People. If you think that you and other serbos can change my history you are dumper than your ass. Even the name of illyrians ''ILIR'' can be translated in Albanian, even a 5year old kid that understand Modern Albanian can translate it to you. Plus that that name is one of the most usual Albanian names (ex. Ilirjana, Ilir, Ilirjana) and there are only 60 illyrian words that are found you idiot. All of these words are Albanian, (ex. Thika=Sika)
and one of the biggest poofs that Kosovo was always Albanian is that kosovo was always known as DARDANIA and that Albanian word. Find me only just one illyrian word that can't be explained in Albanian.

Here there are some famous guyz(non-albanians) who said some things about my language, just take a look and eat some cookies while reading em'.

August Scheicher: “The Albanian language is the Ancient Pelasgian”; Note. Pelasgians<Illyrians<Albanians

Dimitar Canko: “The Albanian language is the daughter of Pelasgian and Illyrian”.

Edward Shnejder: "The Albanian language is" the most clean sound and most faithful Pelasgic language ";

Gotffried Leibniz: German linguist - In v.1695 investigated the Albanian language called basic language of the continent;

Lejbniht: "The Albanian language was the language of the continent basic, old Illyrian language";

Ilija Strazhevski: "The Albanian language is the oldest in the Balkans";

Man - known English scholar: "The Albanian language is derived from that of Japheth (son of Noah)."

Mihail Eminescu: "The Albanian language is the most flexible language in the world".

Marin Sorescu - Romanian scientist: "The Albanian language is living proof of the ancient European civilization."

Reinhold - German Researcher: "The Albanian language was the language of the Greek fleet."

Schneider: "Pelasgians are a native breed, earlier than the Quaternary period ... preserve their language in a way almost intact, there would be none other than Albanian language today";

George Fred Williams: "The Albanian language is the native language of Alexander the Great ...".

Albanian language is a beautiful language, one of the 2 unique european llanguages, it has more letters than any other lnaguage in europe 36(while greek langauge has only24) and even Hitler loved albanian languge and becouse of our language Albanians can spell every single word that humans use, and people like serbs can't. Albanians can learn 2time faster foreign language than other people, this is what Nazi Scientist said.

Your language is ugly, and sound really wild in the other hand Albanian language has more vowels in the words and sounds soft.

Now go die bitch.

BYE!