PDA

View Full Version : BNP members challenged on beliefs

Beorn
10-14-2009, 04:23 AM
They're one of the most controversial political parties in Britain and in June the British National Party's leader Nick Griffin was elected to the European Parliament along with another BNP candidate. Young BNP members Joey, 24, and 28-year-old Mark explain what's behind their beliefs and why they think England and Chelsea player Ashley Cole isn't ethnically British, despite being born in the UK.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46470000/jpg/_46470339_bbc_bnp466.jpg

Joey: Civic-ly British they are. You cannot say they are ethnically British. It's denying our heritage. It's taking that away from us.

At what point do they become ethnically British? How long do they have to be here?

Joey: Well I think it would be an awfully long time before someone would become ethnically British.

So when you see someone like Ashley Cole play for England, are you happy to watch him?

Joey: If he wants to come to this country and he wants to live by our laws, pay into society, that's fine.

But if he wanted to call himself British that would be a problem?

Joey: He cannot say that he's ethnically British.

Why is the idea of races mixing such a bad thing?

Joey: If everybody integrated it would take away everybody's identity.

Mark: I would be upset if there were no more giant pandas, I'd be upset if there were no more lions, if there were no more tigers, so equally I'd be upset if white people weren't here any more.

But we're the same species which makes it a bit different, doesn't it?

Mark: You could say that but if all of a sudden there weren't any sparrows and there were only crows, I'd still be sad there weren't any sparrows.

Can you understand that some people are happy to mix?

Mark: No, I think people have been brainwashed. I think the media, the government, have forced it down people's throats and they've indoctrinated people.

You don't think people are bright enough to decide themselves?

Mark: I think when people are bombarded 24 hours a day to force multiculturalism upon them, people are going to succumb to that. We shouldn't have to bend our ways to people who've been here five minutes.

You're talking like people here are on holiday. They've lived here, some of them, for a generation, some of them for longer. Doesn't that count?

Mark: Are you trying to compare somebody, or a group of people who've lived here for maybe 30 years, to people who've lived here for 40,000 years? There's a vast, vast difference in time scale there, my dear.

My point isn't the difference in times between one group of people and another, it's saying they're not visitors, they are not holidaymakers, they are people living here.

Mark: If I went to live and work in another country, then I would still adhere by their culture and they should adhere by ours.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/the_p_word/newsid_10000000/newsid_10002000/10002087.stm)

He does more damage than good, that lad Collett. Please. I know you high up in the BNP members read the Apricity(I'm looking at you Richard Barnbrook); would you please stop him going anywhere near a microphone in public...scrap that, anywhere near a microphone FULLSTOP? Please!

Electronic God-Man
10-14-2009, 04:38 AM
He does more damage than good, that lad Collett. Please. I know you high up in the BNP members read the Apricity(I'm looking at you Richard Barnbrook); would you please stop him going anywhere near a microphone in public...scrap that, anywhere near a microphone FULLSTOP? Please!

What did he say that you think was so wrong, if I might ask?

Sol Invictus
10-14-2009, 04:38 AM
If you look like a chicken and act like a chicken that doesn't necessarily make part of the coop..

Skandi
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM

Um I'm missing something! Actually I think those two did very well. I would have drawn a different comparison used dogs instead of birds, but hey same difference.

Fortis in Arduis
10-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Um I'm missing something! Actually I think those two did very well. I would have drawn a different comparison used dogs instead of birds, but hey same difference.

Not the same difference.

However it has been shown that different species of snakes can produce fertile offspring, but choose not to, revealing that they are perhaps really different races of snake.

Beorn
10-14-2009, 12:24 PM
What did he say that you think was so wrong, if I might ask?

I'll start of by asking you whether you would rip off your leg and proffer it to your opponent to hit you over the head with?

Yes? No?

This is what Mark Collett is to the BNP. A weapon to be picked up at anytime and used to beat the BNP over its proverbial head with. There is an abundance of wonderful quotes with which to use to.

- "AIDS is a friendly disease because blacks, drug users and gays have it."

- "“I think there’s going be a lot of bloodshed, to be honest. It’s going to be a big mess. Asian gangs are attacking white lads and driving them out. But it’s only so much will the white community take. And with the economic slump coming as well, when it all hits there will be militant gangs of lads join…formed around people like me and then I will eventually become, in essence, not a Johnny Adair or a Billy Wright maybe, but I will become a leader people will cluster around in those areas, and people will, you know, fight, fight alongside me.”

And if he's not saying he'd like to be thought of as a Loyalist scumbag or equating the AIDS virus to that of a friendly, welcomed neighbourhood companion, the guy is going off on the deep end and just displaying his openly warped mind.

Could you imagine a mainstream MP saying this and expecting his position to be safe the next day?

- “I like to break people. When you’ve broken them and sucked the last bit of life out of them. That’s it…Never crush her, never crush her because that’s not what hurts the most. Just everything she cares about, everything dear to her is crushed…In a very realistic way when people say I am evil…yeah, I am. But it all depends. I am either the sweetest angel or the most evil being you’ve ever encountered; it just depends which side you push me….Never kill people, yeah. Push them to the point of despair where they do it themselves, because that’s when you’ve really won…there’s no blood on your hands then and you’ve just won."

:crazy:

Will someone please take away this man from the microphone. I repeat, will someone please take the microphone away from the man.

Now the new deluge of nonsense is upon us. Mark Collett hits the floor running this day on Newsbeat. He's there telling people that there is such a thing as "ethnically British" when such a thing is a contradiction of the highest order. He then starts spouting off some random nonsense about fucking Pandas and Butterflies; I swear the guy is one screw loose of a pack of 30.

I may not agree with 'race-mixing', and personally wouldn't enter into such a union of the body, but I'll respect someone's decision to enter into a sexual/loving union with another person of the opposite race. It is natural to find yourself attracted to people not of your own population. To deny this basic human urge and to equate it to nothing more than indoctrination firstly makes me cringe and question the sanity and intelligence of an individual, and secondly wonder if this person should just be more truthful to themselves and declare that "Yep, I hate Niggers."

I would have liked to asked Mark Collett at that very pointin the interview: "What about people who have had a daughter procreate with a Panda...sorry, a non-ethnically British(?) person and has provided them with a Grandson/daughter? Would these people be suffering from indoctrination and a governments iron will being forced down them, or are they just not racist and see a human for what it is: a human?"

The indoctrination that is prevelant within our society is the idea that race and ethnic identity doesn't exist and that we are all one. We have no such thing as 'blood connection' and familial ties with the nations our ancestors forged, nor do we have some ordained right to reject people by this mindset alone. That is indoctrination. That is what is being rammed down our throats by the government and the media. It is one cause of why you have such lost people and societal breakdown, not because Sharon decided to have sex with Jerome and have his children. Although that is a clear symptom, it is not a cause.

The BNP are better off without him. Consign him and people like him to the bin.

Skandi
10-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Not the same difference.

However it has been shown that different species of snakes can produce fertile offspring, but choose not to, revealing that they are perhaps really different races of snake.

That is why I would pic dogs, same species, different race where as birds are different species (mainly)

Fortis in Arduis
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
That is why I would pic dogs, same species, different race where as birds are different species (mainly)

Yes, of course, but they will mate with one another, whereas the different 'species' of snake which are actually races, do not and so were recognised as different species by the people who classified them.

Beorn
10-15-2009, 08:15 PM
An interesting article I found by a British-Muslim.

Having listened to the two young ignoramuses put forward by the BNP to represent them on BBC’s Radio 1 last week, I began to think of a debate I had with some of my friends a few years ago.

You see, all my life up until then I had never considered myself British, I had always seen myself as English. My argument was that since I was born in England, spoke English as a first language and displayed a culture that was distinctively English, and different when compared to a Scottish, Welsh or Irish identity, I had a right to identify myself as English. This right should be extended to my children, my children’s children, and so on regardless of the fact that my parents were born in Zanzibar.
For my two white friends, however, this assertion caused problems. In the most amicable of terms they explained to me that, whilst they understood that I was a “British national”, the fact that I was both black and a Muslim meant that they believed that I was not even ‘ethnically British’, let alone ‘English’. “You wouldn’t call a Chinese person living in Africa African would you?”, one of them said, and it did make me think.

Now I know my friends are not racists, the worst that can be said of them is that, at times, they go too far in trying not to offend my racial sensitivities! I managed to somewhat bring them round to my way of thinking by using the examples of Black English footballer players, and why, for some reason, the public so readily regard them as English when they represent our country on the pitch and sing our national anthem. And also the fact that so many people in our school had French or Jewish sounding surnames, yet we would never dare question their Englishness or Britishness. Why the double standards with Black and Asian Britons?
So you can imagine my surprise listening to the BNP activists on the radio the other day, as I realised that my friends actually shared identical opinions with “Joey”, who we now know is Joseph Barber, the pleasant chap who runs the BNP’s record label ‘Great White Records’, and is apparently its “leading artist”, for anyone who dares to listen!

You see, “Joey” also agrees that I am only “Civic-ly British”, and any suggestion that I am British or English is an attempt at “denying (his) heritage” for “it would be an awfully long time before someone”, like me, could become “ethnically British”, (whatever that actually means). This is something that the BNP have argued about before. Earlier this year Nick Griffin caused outrage when he suggested that the term ‘Black Briton itself does not even exist’. Instead, we should be called ‘racial foreigners’. My attempts at assuming the English identity was an example of a ‘bloodless genocide’ that is currently taking place which, with the so-called Islamification of Europe, means that for Griffin both my racial and religious identities are trying to wipe out White Anglo-Saxon Protestants! No guesses as to who would be their main targets of persecution were they to get into power!

Now I wasn’t shocked at the views expressed by the BNP, they were to be expected. I was more shocked at the fact that they shared similar sentiments to my close friends, and many of the people who commented on the issue, such as those commenting on the Mail on Sunday’s online article. What they were basically saying is that although you may talk like us, dress like us, and act like us in every manner, you will never be truly ‘one of us’. What is even more ironic is the fact that these are often the same people that, whilst arguing that people of colour cannot be described as British or English, also criticize Black and Asian Britons for not trying to integrate and assimilate.

Now, due to my personal certainty that I feel English (way more than I feel African, Arab or even British) I have a particular take on this debate- this should be enough. I am sure that there are many people out there who would agree with me, as well as others who would disagree. And I think it is important to debate whether those who disagree with me have a point.

Is my claim to being English or British as ridiculous as saying that ‘an Englishman living in Hong Kong is Chinese’, as Nick Griffin argues? Do you have to be white to be truly considered English or British? Is there a difference between being ‘ethnically British’ and being ‘civically British’? Why is it easier for an Asian Scotsman like Hardeep Singh to call himself Scottish, whilst it is harder for me to call myself English? Will Black and Asian people ever be able to call themselves English, or British, in the same comfortable manner that people of French or Polish ancestry do so? And lastly, is the so-called ‘indigenous population’ of England ready to accept people of colour as being ‘ethnically British’.
With the BNP appearing on Question Time next Thursday these questions seem ever more important, and need to be discussed openly.

Source (http://www.spittoon.org/archives/2982/comment-page-1#comment-12984)

Read the comments for a laugh. Even mine if you wish to :D