PDA

View Full Version : how can you tell who people are through body language

knowledge_cat
09-23-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm curious how ppl's reactions that aren't vocalized can be linked to who they really are. you know, sometimes things you hear by ear aren't exactly true. what if their subconscious is where the truth lies.

HispaniaSagrada
09-23-2013, 12:58 AM
dgdfgd

SobieskisavedEurope
09-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Even babies can pick up on some social cues like body language.

How can this be!?

It is as if it is encoded!

HispaniaSagrada
09-23-2013, 01:01 AM
dgdfgdf

Mason8
10-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm curious how ppl's reactions that aren't vocalized can be linked to who they really are. you know, sometimes things you hear by ear aren't exactly true. what if their subconscious is where the truth lies.

There is no specific advice on how to use your body language. What you do might be interpreted in several ways, depending on the setting and who you are talking to. You’ll probably want to use your body language differently when talking to your boss compared to when you talk to a girl you’re interested in. These are some common interpretations of body language and often more effective ways to communicate with your body.

First, to change your body language you must be aware of your body language. Notice how you sit, how you stand, how you use you hands and legs, what you do while talking to someone. You might want to practice in front of a mirror. Yeah, it might seem silly but no one is watching you. This will give you good feedback on how you look to other people and give you an opportunity to practise a bit before going out into the world.

Another tip is to close your eyes and visualize how you would stand and sit to feel confident, open and relaxed or whatever you want to communicate. See yourself move like that version of yourself. Then try it out.

You might also want observe friends, role models, movie stars or other people you think has good body language. Observe what they do and you don’t. Take bits and pieces you like from different people. Try using what you can learn from them.

Some of these tips might seem like you are faking something. But fake it til you make it is a useful way to learn something new. And remember, feelings work backwards too. If you smile a bit more you will feel happier. If you sit up straight you will feel more energetic and in control. If you slow down your movements you’ll feel calmer. Your feelings will actually reinforce your new behaviours and feelings of weirdness will dissipate.

Breedingvariety
10-07-2013, 12:31 PM
This thread should be in the psychology section.

Body language tells no more about who you are than sex life does or beating teaches.

Body language can not be accurately interpreted on its own. It is useful as a component of synthesis of vocal language, vocal tone, present situation, past history of interacting individuals, memory and interpretation of past, aspirations about the future and other factors influencing body language and making body language as part of overall interpretation of what is happening. However, if we were to disregard all other factors relevant to correct or at least more sound interpretation of interactions and think of body language in the vacuum, I’m going to write meanings of the following signs as per me:
- Torso facing front- interest; back- disinterest;
- Touching others- intimacy;
- Hair covering face from others- hiding;
- Head turned sideways- interest;
- Turning head towards- seeking;
- Turning head away- avoiding;
- /\ such frown in the center of forehead- worry (f.e. about harm that could be inflicted on you; or conflicting feelings between wanting to harm and not wanting to harm others);
- \/ such frown in the center of forehead- hostility towards/ dissatisfaction with others;
- Looking- interest;
- Long looking- observation/ thinking;
- Widening of eyes- surprise, fear;
- Narrow eyes stare- sinister;
- Rolling eyes- here we go again with same old no good;
- Eyes looking upper corner- recollection of past, thinking about future;
- Eyes looking lower corner- sneaky peak at sexually attractive body parts;
- Eyes rolling up and almost disappearing- opiate or alcohol extreme euphoria;
- Nostrils flare- anger;
- Wrinkled nose- disgust;
- Both corners of mouth twitched downwards- I don’t know;
- Wide open mouth - shocked, stunned, surprised;
- Tightly pressed lips- I don’t want to say anything;
- Licking lips- sexual;
- Showing teeth- aggression;
- Cheeks twitched upwards- pain;
- Raising chin- feeling of superiority/ contempt to others;
- Lowering chin and looking down- submission;
- Lowering chin and looking up- I can’t do nothing to you now, but I’ll keep you in mind for when I can;
- Clearing throat- I don’t want to say something wrong;
- Swallowing- I regret my words;
- Shoulders twitching up- I don’t know;
- Bending over to expose buttocks- sexually inviting;
- Spreading feminine legs- sexually inviting;
- One feet pointing other direction than torso- intention to go that way shortly;
Arm body language:
- Stroking others- reassuring others;
- Stroking oneself- in need of reassurance;
- Stroking hair to expose more face- opening;
- Covering face- Shocked;
- Touching forehead- I’m in a bad situation, I’m tired;
- Hiding eyes- I don’t want to see. Stroking eye is lighter version of it;
- Covering ears- I don’t want to hear;
- Touching nose- something smells bad, something is wrong;
- Covering mouth- I don’t want to say;
- Stroking cheek and chin- thinking;
- Fist supporting chin- defensive (Like holding a shield);
- Exposing wrist- trust (I trust you are not going to cut them);
- Palm of hand facing down- others are below me;
- Palm of hand facing up- others are above me;
- Arms covering torso- defensive (defending vital organs);
- Arms behind head- nobody can hurt me, I don’t even need to hold my arms in a position that would allow me to defend my vital organs;
- Pointing towards genitalia- sexual;
- Arms on hips- ready for action;
- Open arms- inviting

Breedingvariety
10-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Few more:
- Open palms of hands- sincerity;
- Hiding hands- secrecy;
- Pointing at oneself- selfishness;
- Looking down and to a side- disbelief.

Breedingvariety
10-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Few more:
- Touching tip of ear- doubt, I‘m not sure about what I‘m hearing;
- Hand on the back of the neck- uncomfort;
- Open arms when in conflict- invitation to initiate physical conflict, provocation.

Breedingvariety
10-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Concentrated body language can bee seen in "Just For Laughs Gags", f.e.
- Best Of Just For Laughs Gags - Movie Inspired Pranks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQa0ARQlDA
- Best Of Just For Laughs Gags - Kids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okLNJkRq5Hk

Breedingvariety
11-22-2013, 08:36 AM
When in group argument, you can see who is on who's side by peoples postures: fronting is confronting, being side by side is side by side.

Weedman
12-21-2013, 11:06 PM
[URL="http://youtu.be/u0due0EuBGg"]
Even babies can pick up on some social cues like body language.

How can this be!?

It is as if it is encoded!

many scientists claim that something like around 90% of our communication is through body language.

"The Secrets of body language", documentary from the history channel

http://youtu.be/u0due0EuBGg