PDA

View Full Version : Jurors consult Bible...

Thorum
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
"Texas man faces execution (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6338320/Texas-man-faces-execution-after-jurors-consult-Bible-to-decide-fate.html) after jurors consult Bible to decide fate..."

and

"Four jury members admitted that several copies had been in the jury room and that highlighted passages were passed around."

Welcome to the religious theocracy that is America...The decent back to the Dark Ages continues...

SwordoftheVistula
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Amnesty International has appealed to the state to commute the sentence on Khristian Oliver, 32, who is due to die on November 5.

He was sentenced to death in 1999 for murdering a man whose home Oliver was burgling. The victim was shot in the face and beaten with his own rifle.

That's the kinda Dark Age Justice I like :thumb001: Hopefully we can descend even further back into the Dark Ages and make public executions of these types of scumbags, and not take 10 years to do it either.

Thorum
10-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Amnesty International has appealed to the state to commute the sentence on Khristian Oliver, 32, who is due to die on November 5.

He was sentenced to death in 1999 for murdering a man whose home Oliver was burgling. The victim was shot in the face and beaten with his own rifle.

That's the kinda Dark Age Justice I like :thumb001: Hopefully we can descend even further back into the Dark Ages and make public executions of these types of scumbags, and not take 10 years to do it either.

SV, since you are a Christian, I thought you would support the Jury's use of the Bible...

SwordoftheVistula
10-16-2009, 12:29 PM
SV, since you are a Christian, I thought you would support the Jury's use of the Bible...

I'm actually not a Christian, though I would support a court's usage of the Bible in this manner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb4jn5y94g

Poltergeist
10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
He killed a man while committing burglary of his home, which is a grave crime in most countries, not only in America. A murderer deserves the appropriate punishment. That's the crux of this case and not whether or not Bible was used to corroborate his conviction.

We can debate on whether death penalty as such is justified in any case or not, but that's another topic.

Thorum
10-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Somehow every comment has seemed to miss my whole point...

Jamt
10-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Somehow every comment has seemed to miss my whole point...

What about mine who pray for and expect the coming of the dark age. :thumb001: