PDA

View Full Version : WTF is "Racial Fetishism"???

SuuT
10-17-2009, 12:01 PM
There are several (super smart) forum members who use this phrase with great frequency. Often in retort to someone bringing up race as a preservative variable. However, it is never explained what is meant by this phrase; or, what constitutes this 'fetish'. Even more confusing (for me) is that a remarkable number of the people who use the phrase are rather provincial in their preservationist aims; and, are heavily interested in taxonomy - so the term 'fetish' applied to others is confusing.

So anyway: What is it, why is it, and who is it?

Sabinae
10-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Well...I think Loyalist might have a good idea, since he used the phrase yesterday. :D :fponder:

ikki
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Someone practicing something similar to pokemon. "Got to catch them all", or in other words, seeking to have sexual relationships with atleast one of each race (or other weirdlooking subgroups).

The more exotic or weird, the better. Its all in the thrill of hunting down yet another exotic specimen... and perhaps being able to accomplish this by getting them passports of your country..

Eldritch
10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
There are several (super smart) forum members who use this phrase with great frequency. Often in retort to someone bringing up race as a preservative variable. However, it is never explained what is meant by this phrase; or, what constitutes this 'fetish'. Even more confusing (for me) is that a remarkable number of the people who use the phrase are rather provincial in their preservationist aims; and, are heavily interested in taxonomy - so the term 'fetish' applied to others is confusing.

So anyway: What is it, why is it, and who is it?

I suppose it could be summarised as an obsessive or excessive preoccupation with the features in each group that are considered desirable.

Very few people actually look like the individuals pictured on 3rd Reich propaganda posters, for example.

Brännvin
10-17-2009, 07:19 PM
"Got to catch them all", or in other words, seeking to have sexual relationships with atleast one of each race (or other weirdlooking subgroups).

So have I a racial fetish? :(

The more exotic or weird, the better. Its all in the thrill of hunting down yet another exotic specimen...

:thumb001: :D ;)

Poltergeist
10-17-2009, 07:44 PM
There are several (super smart) forum members who use this phrase with great frequency. Often in retort to someone bringing up race as a preservative variable. However, it is never explained what is meant by this phrase; or, what constitutes this 'fetish'.

I feel called out.:D (among some others)

I use it sometimes to denote the obsession with "race" and racial issues.

Of course, it's metaphorical. I don't think anyone literally masturbates over "racial purity", though some degree of mental masturbation is not excluded.

Even more confusing (for me) is that a remarkable number of the people who use the phrase are rather provincial in their preservationist aims; and, are heavily interested in taxonomy - so the term 'fetish' applied to others is confusing.

"Provincial"? no, just national-oriented.

On the other hand, totally uninterested in taxonomy.

Sarmata
10-17-2009, 09:34 PM
It's all means that if you're interested in racial "metters"(taxonomy, racial origin etc.) you're "racial fetishist" in Supermurat, and/or similar peoples eyes. So "racial frtishist" it's substitute to word "racist" or just "evil":D:rolleyes:

Poltergeist
10-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Racial fetishism evil? no, just stupid.

SuuT
10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
If someone could provide a concrete example, that would be great. I mostly just see it thrown at people as a cliquish sophomoric ad hominem as if some 'obsession' is obvious.

Brännvin
10-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Example, men who have fetish for Asian women that are even able to eat soup with chopsticks? :D ;)

Wölfin
10-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Example, men who have fetish for Asian women that are even able to eat soup with chopsticks? :D ;)

You mean yellow fever?

As I understand reading various posts in this thread, different members are using it to mean a (somewhat) different thing.

So maybe the question should be reformulated: What do you (everyone) perceive as racial fetishism?

Brännvin
10-18-2009, 10:24 AM
You mean yellow fever?

Nothing serious only an example ;) But I think that, it would be people who are fascinated with racial classification (old physical anthropology school) or some kind of racial purity.

SuuT
10-18-2009, 12:43 PM
*...paging Tuco and Al-Frankawi...*

Loyalist
10-18-2009, 01:25 PM
It is a term generally used by current or former members of Stirpes to distance their beliefs from any connection to the concept of a "white" race. It has more of a basis in anti-Colonial sentiment, with a particular aim to alienate race-focused American white nationalists, than in any sort of reality. In general, racial-fetishist paranoia is to be found among members hailing from tin-pot Eastern European nations, more concerned with maintaining their blurred, vague, uninteresting national distinctions and ethnic conflicts than with preserving a white or European community on a more general scale.

Liffrea
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Does being sexually attracted to a Vulcan count? Or is that just not getting out enough......:confused:

Sarmata
10-18-2009, 03:39 PM
It is a term generally used by current or former members of Stirpes to distance their beliefs from any connection to the concept of a "white" race. It has more of a basis in anti-Colonial sentiment, with a particular aim to alienate race-focused American white nationalists, than in any sort of reality. In general, racial-fetishist paranoia is to be found among members hailing from tin-pot Eastern European nations, more concerned with maintaining their blurred, vague, uninteresting national distinctions and ethnic conflicts than with preserving a white or European community on a more general scale.

It's offtopic but I think that "tin-pot" nations has less than 1000 years of history:thumb001:

Andorran
10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Never heard the term before I came to this forum. It just seems like the type of slanderous slop thrown around by "progressives" and other irrational types seeking to paint anyone with Eurocentric concerns as a degenerate.

I can't see any reason to use it here unless one is a closet multi-culti.

Now, if I ever see a post here espousing the ecstacy of sucking chocolate sauce off a totenkopf whilst having a drag-queen tap dance on your doo-dads, I might recant.

Brännvin
10-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't see any reason to use it here unless one is a closet multi-culti.

So if I use it, am I a closet multi-culti?

Andorran
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Why would you need to use it here?

The Lawspeaker
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.seniorhealthmoment.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/kicked-out.jpg

?

SuuT
10-18-2009, 05:15 PM

http://villagethinker.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/obvioustroll.jpg

Brännvin
10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Why would you need to use it here?

Depends on the argument, but in the case of some members, I could use the term
it is not as unusable there ;).

SuuT
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Depends on the argument, but in the case of some members, I could use the term
it is not as unusable there ;).

What members have a 'racial fetish' and why? I have yet to see someone use it in any way that wasn't just to insult. It's not a phrase that has ever helped anyone's argument(s) in this forum, nor has anyone ever made an attempt to explain what they are saying when they use it. So I think none of you know what you, yourselves, are saying. It sounds like hot air.

I'm challenging you or anyone else to prove me wrong.

Tabiti
10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
According some I must have "interracial fetish" :D

Brännvin
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
What members have a 'racial fetish' and why?

I will not name names here, but it is easy to find members here showing racial obsession with purity in every post (some kind of insecurity or really fetish), it's weird, second excessive use of racial slurs in each argument, making every discussion in a racial discussion. Is it enough?

Wölfin
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Interesting so, Racial Fetishism seems to either indicate: an obsessional fascination with other races and/or an obsessinal fascination with racial "purity".

Well that answered any question I had.

SuuT
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
... Is it enough?

Not really. I'm no closer to understanding. But whatever: I've lost interest.

Allenson
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
I remember & prefer the days of pigmentation fetishism. ;)

Psychonaut
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I remember & prefer the days of pigmentation fetishism. ;)

I have a phenotype fetish. Does that count? I could stare at Keltic Nordid profiles all day...

http://www.fushionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/cate-blanchett-oscars-2008.jpg

SuuT
10-19-2009, 05:39 PM
I have a phenotype fetish. Does that count? I could stare at Keltic Nordid profiles all day...

Sounds like my Faelid fetish...

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/kim-basinger.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4100000/Jamie-Pressly-jaime-pressly-4124157-360-610.jpg

http://discombobulationstation.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/11/07/catwoman_michelle_pfeiffer.jpg

Alas, there is no cure...:(;)

Allenson
10-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Loves me some Cate, Psycho.

I posted this one before, but it's worth another look--the boots, the riding pants, the cigarette......

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2009/02/Cate_Blanchett_01.jpg

Oh, and Faelids too, Suut (at least I'd say she's Faelid). ;)

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/Farrah-Fawcett-Photograph-C12150265.jpg