PDA

View Full Version : Who are the lost ten tribes of Israel?

StonyArabia
10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
It was said after Israel was invaded 10 of the tribes were driven into exile by the Assyrians. Today many people claim to descent from the lost tribes of Israel from all around the corners of the globe. From Africa to Asia and of course Europe. Some even have said that the Amerindian tribes are the lost tribes of Israel, but this seems to rather not be so in terms of genetic evidence. Who do you think are the lost tribes of Israel.

StonyArabia
10-02-2013, 06:10 AM
bump I wonder what Anglojew or any of the other Jewish members think. I believe many of the religious Jews are waiting for the return of the lost tribes of Israel. It would be interesting to see who they believe they are.

Gorštak
10-02-2013, 06:26 AM
Ghegs and Tosks.

Anglojew
10-02-2013, 07:12 AM
bump I wonder what Anglojew or any of the other Jewish members think. I believe many of the religious Jews are waiting for the return of the lost tribes of Israel. It would be interesting to see who they believe they are.

Good and interesting question. They mainly exist as Pashtun's today;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Pashtun_descent_from_Israelites

I've personally discussed this with Pashtun researcher Navras Aafreedi and it seems they weren't lost at all just displaced to the other side of the Empire and just continued to consider themselves Israelites but eventually became Muslims (Ironically of the Taliban variety. They argue this is just pure Mosaic law eg stoning adulterers). It's very similar to the case of the Palestinian's being Israelites/Jews.

Here is his blog;

http://navrasaafreedi.blogspot.com.au/

Some of them share my unusual haplogroup also.

ariel
10-02-2013, 07:20 AM
this only myth

the assyrians exile only the elite of kingdom of israel.

Israel continued to exist within the reduced territory as an independent kingdom until around 720 BCE, when it was again invaded by Assyria and the rest of the population deported. The Bible relates that the population of Israel was exiled, becoming known as The Ten Lost Tribes, leaving only the Tribe of Judah, the Tribe of Simeon (that was "absorbed" into Judah), the Tribe of Benjamin and the people of the Tribe of Levi who lived among them of the original Israelites nation in the southern Kingdom of Judah. However, other writers[who?] estimate that only a fifth of the population (about 40,000) were actually resettled out of the area during the two deportation periods under Tiglath-Pileser III and Sargon II.[17] Many also fled south to Jerusalem, which appears to have expanded in size fivefold during this period, requiring a new wall to be built, and a new source of water (Siloam) to be provided by King Hezekiah.

The remainder of the northern kingdom was conquered by Sargon II, who captured the capital city Samaria in the territory of Ephraim. He took 27,290 people captive from the city of Samaria resettling some with the Israelites in the Khabur region and the rest in the land of the Medes thus establishing Hebrew communities in Ecbatana and Rages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(Samaria)

Anglojew
10-02-2013, 07:29 AM
this only myth

the assyrians exile only the elite of kingdom of israel.

Israel continued to exist within the reduced territory as an independent kingdom until around 720 BCE, when it was again invaded by Assyria and the rest of the population deported. The Bible relates that the population of Israel was exiled, becoming known as The Ten Lost Tribes, leaving only the Tribe of Judah, the Tribe of Simeon (that was "absorbed" into Judah), the Tribe of Benjamin and the people of the Tribe of Levi who lived among them of the original Israelites nation in the southern Kingdom of Judah. However, other writers[who?] estimate that only a fifth of the population (about 40,000) were actually resettled out of the area during the two deportation periods under Tiglath-Pileser III and Sargon II.[17] Many also fled south to Jerusalem, which appears to have expanded in size fivefold during this period, requiring a new wall to be built, and a new source of water (Siloam) to be provided by King Hezekiah.

The remainder of the northern kingdom was conquered by Sargon II, who captured the capital city Samaria in the territory of Ephraim. He took 27,290 people captive from the city of Samaria resettling some with the Israelites in the Khabur region and the rest in the land of the Medes thus establishing Hebrew communities in Ecbatana and Rages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Israel_(Samaria)

The elite moving makes a lot of sense. It seems they moved to today's Afghanistan.

ariel
10-02-2013, 07:31 AM
The elite moving makes a lot of sense. It seems they moved to today's Afghanistan.

most probably who their descandets are the aramaic speaking jews "kurdish jews" they even spoken aramaic until the last years....

curupira
10-02-2013, 12:59 PM
The 10 tribes went extinct. Though, according to some, there were people of the 10 tribes living in the Kingdom of Judah, so some of their ancestry may have become part of the ancestry of the Jewish population. (~15 to 17 min in the audio below)

http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/aid/684768/jewish/The-Ten-Lost-Tribes.htm

Mason8
10-02-2013, 06:47 PM
It was said after Israel was invaded 10 of the tribes were driven into exile by the Assyrians. Today many people claim to descent from the lost tribes of Israel from all around the corners of the globe. From Africa to Asia and of course Europe. Some even have said that the Amerindian tribes are the lost tribes of Israel, but this seems to rather not be so in terms of genetic evidence. Who do you think are the lost tribes of Israel.

I think we don't know.

There is certainly evidence that some communities, such as the Bene Menashe of India, or the Lemba of southern Africa, or for that matter the Beita Yisrael Ethiopian Jews that now mostly live in Israel, are "lost" communities of Jews, but it's impossible to know at what point they became separated from the rest of the Jewish People.

The fact that the Assyrian conquest of the Northern Kingdom and exiling of the overwhelming majority of the Ten Tribes took place in 722 BCE makes it extraordinarily unlikely that most "lost" communities of Jews date from that time. It is far likelier that these were communities that spread during the Second Temple era at the earliest, or perhaps even after the Romans began exiling us in the wake of the failed Bar Kochba revolt of 135 CE.

But the truth is unlikely ever to be known, IMO, unless the mashiach should come and clear it up for us.

alanr
10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
most probably who their descandets are the aramaic speaking jews "kurdish jews" they even spoken aramaic until the last years....

So you're saying my grandfather was from some sort of "lost tribe"

ariel
10-04-2013, 05:39 AM
So you're saying my grandfather was from some sort of "lost tribe"

yes

KidMulat
10-04-2013, 05:42 AM
*sigh* smh

Smaland
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
The 10 tribes went extinct. Though, according to some, there were people of the 10 tribes living in the Kingdom of Judah, so some of their ancestry may have become part of the ancestry of the Jewish population. (~15 to 17 min in the audio below)

http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/aid/684768/jewish/The-Ten-Lost-Tribes.htm

35) Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:

36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37) Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:35-37

According to this passage, the House of Israel (northern ten tribes) and the House of Judah (Judah and Benjamin) were still in existence at the time of the writing of this Book (first century A.D. (?)). Since Assyria finished conquering the House of Israel in 722 B.C., it had still been in existence for well over 700 years at the time this Book was written.

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

James 1:1

4) And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5) Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6) Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7) Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8) Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

Revelation 7:4-8

At the end of our present age, during the Great Tribulation, 144,000 Israelites shall be sealed for service to God.

All Scriptural quotes are from the King James Version.